The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluzjamer View Post
Yeah I really need some intervention...this will show about half the guitars. Rest are in cases and other rooms. I can't put them all out at once.

If you want to see them one at a time go to photobucket under goldbonder....enjoy

bluz
You are SUCH a LIAR! Any fool can see you MUST be an Agile dealership!

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh
Old 7th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Oh come on,
that is as bad as Jerry Seinfeld collects Porsche's and Jay Leno has over 400 cars and motorcycles.

I would be peeing myself if I could afford that many strings.

Wouldn't like a dozen high end guitars make due?

I have 3 electrics and 1 acoustic and consider myself so lucky.

You must not be married or your wife owns her own boutique.
You old misery! Anyone knows there is no such thing as too many guitars.
I got up to 159 about 10 years ago and finally signed myself into the Betty Fender clinic.
Now down to 8 guitars 3 basses and a few other stringed thingies like mandolas and a double bass...
heh
Old 14th March 2012
Gear Addict

Old 11th April 2012
Gear Maniac

butchered 74 lp special, 60's silvertone with dearmonds, 65 stripped musicmaster, 74 guild m75, Trussart Steel Deville

Only had a group shot... but i like them all. My favorite shifts pretty continuously.
Old 11th April 2012
Gear Maniac

1958 Gretsch 6120

Bought from EBAY in 1998. Seller didn't disclose the story on the color and fretboard markers (lack), looks like ebony wood. There is orange overspray seen inside the body. I had it refretted with med-jumbo stainless. Tone for days and days and days, just righteous.
Old 12th April 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretless View Post

That guitar looks stunning. I wouldn't normally be a green/yellow fan for guitars, but that is just gorgeous.

Looks like it's just been pulled straight out of some luscious woodland!
Old 13th April 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by the donal View Post
That guitar looks stunning. I wouldn't normally be a green/yellow fan for guitars, but that is just gorgeous.

Looks like it's just been pulled straight out of some luscious woodland!
My thoughts exactly, what a beautiful guitar and cool custom amp. One does not have to hear it to feel the tone.
Old 14th April 2012
Gear Addict

Thanks Fellas ! That Warmoth build turned out really great , it's crazy light too , I think the body was like 3.2 lbs to begin with .It has a Dimarzio Blues in the neck for huge straty tones and a 36th anniv Diamrzio PAF in the bridge which has great crunch but also nice warm oldschool tones . I looked long and hard for the pups and I couldn't be happier with these , also has a "lynch" mod push/pull pot as a selector , very simple tone machine .The Rocket clone is a monster amp , stupid stupid loud and ballsy for a so called 30 watt .\m/
Old 15th April 2012
Here for the gear

Electric? Most of the times I use to favor this one. A Hopf Saturn 63 made around '64 by Gustav Glassl for Hopf. A maid for all duties.

As acoustics I have some favs, but most of the times I play this outstanding cheapo. A '50s Cremona 465 made by Alfred Bräuer for the Cremona cooperative in the former Czechoslovakia. An impressive guitar.

Old 23rd April 2012
Gear Maniac

Guitar Pron (plus some li'l buggers)

Teles here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/7808822-post70.html
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-gibby1.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-gibby2.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-strats.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-oddballs.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-acoustics.jpg  

Show your FAV GUITAR...-lil_ones.jpg  
Old 23rd April 2012
WKG
Lives for gear
I like them all but lately I keep coming back to either the Parker Mojo Fly or the ash Strat...

Old 24th April 2012
Here for the gear

And the rest
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_1575.jpg  
Old 25th April 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
You old misery! Anyone knows there is no such thing as too many guitars.
I got up to 159 about 10 years ago and finally signed myself into the Betty Fender clinic.
Now down to 8 guitars 3 basses and a few other stringed thingies like mandolas and a double bass...
heh
I have 2 sets of strings and 4 guitars, how anyone has that kind of money is beyond me. I think would rather have a nice Corvette and just a few nice guitars. It all gets to be like a dragon after a while, a dragon hordes caches of gold & virgin damsels and cannot use either of them.
Old 25th April 2012
Gear Addict

Old 25th April 2012
Lives for gear

Here we go for me- the brown Strat on the right is my favourite. (the Plus on the left is a great guitar too)

My first 'decent' guitar - bought around 1993.

HRR Strat with Dimarzio Super 3 in bridge and Seymour '59 in neck. Basswood body is super resonant. The neck is gorgeous to play on- lovely big frets and really comfortable shape.

This picture was from a while ago- stringless as it was needing repair (cracked body around the bridge-post bushes). Was well pleased to get it working again.

Only real issue with it now is some creaking from the neck on extreme whammy abuse- puts it out of tune too. Not sure if it's the neck joint or something to do with the truss rod. Maybe I'll get it sorted or just enjoy moderate 'creamy' whammy vibrato...
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-two-strats.jpg  
Old 4th May 2012
Gear Addict

I think my favorite all around guitar is the ES-335.

VP
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitar-collection-002.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitar-collection-016.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitar-collection-014.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitar-collection-011.jpg  
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear
The modern quality guitar is just such an amazing invention and a superb musical instrument for expression, unlike many instruments it can reflect the players emotion and touch to a degree I am not sure anything else matches.
We need to get guitar crazy going again like it was when I was a kid. Such a gift to be able to create music and use such an expressive instrument to channel it. I would love to be wealthy enough to promote guitar music studies in schools to get kids interested in real music again. Just not that camptown races open chord crap.

This age w the rap and such being what everyone listens to, seriously, Hendrix is spinning in his grave and I am sure I will be as well. I just do not get this form of "music" and I can appreciate anything that sounds good, that just does not sound good. My opinion obviously, I will suffer the burden of being right. What a different world. I grew up listening to Deep Purple, Zeppelin, Floyd, Jeff Beck, Clapton, God that was a cool era. Now a days no one plays an instrument and few with any sense of talent. That is not music to me, music is playing music on an instrument. I can't help but be sad they miss so much of what magic really was.
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
The modern quality guitar is just such an amazing invention and a superb musical instrument for expression, unlike many instruments it can reflect the players emotion and touch to a degree I am not sure anything else matches.
We need to get guitar crazy going again like it was when I was a kid. Such a gift to be able to create music and use such an expressive instrument to channel it. I would love to be wealthy enough to promote guitar music studies in schools to get kids interested in real music again. Just not that camptown races open chord crap.

This age w the rap and such being what everyone listens to, seriously, Hendrix is spinning in his grave and I am sure I will be as well. I just do not get this form of "music" and I can appreciate anything that sounds good, that just does not sound good. My opinion obviously, I will suffer the burden of being right. What a different world. I grew up listening to Deep Purple, Zeppelin, Floyd, Jeff Beck, Clapton, God that was a cool era. Now a days no one plays an instrument and few with any sense of talent. That is not music to me, music is playing music on an instrument. I can't help but be sad they miss so much of what magic really was.
Unfortunately, I agree!

VP
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

I'm not really sure that it is fair to compare classic rock wit hip hop/rap/whateveryouwanttocallit.

Good Hip Hop tells a story and the primary way of doing that is with the lyrics and the delivery of them. Sure the beat and hooks are there to add to it, but in this case, the rapper's voice and their choice of words are the expressive instrument.

Good expressive guitar playing makes me think of lead playing where the melodies and nuances of playing are conveying something in the absence of words.

Though I'm not a hip hop fan, I couldn't say one is more less valid than the other. It's just that rock music does a lot more for me.

So in the end, they are really different art forms and it's very much up to the listener as to what is more expressive/relevant..
Old 8th May 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the donal View Post
I'm not really sure that it is fair to compare classic rock wit hip hop/rap/whateveryouwanttocallit.

Good Hip Hop tells a story and the primary way of doing that is with the lyrics and the delivery of them. Sure the beat and hooks are there to add to it, but in this case, the rapper's voice and their choice of words are the expressive instrument.

Good expressive guitar playing makes me think of lead playing where the melodies and nuances of playing are conveying something in the absence of words.

Though I'm not a hip hop fan, I couldn't say one is more less valid than the other. It's just that rock music does a lot more for me.

So in the end, they are really different art forms and it's very much up to the listener as to what is more expressive/relevant..
I dont even consider "Hip Hop" music, I see it more like a "Commercial Sport".

VP
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
I dont even consider "Hip Hop" music, I see it more like a "Commercial Sport".

VP
Fair enough, but there's hip hop and there's hip hop. Like all genres, there's a lot of commercial nonsense and other rubbish that makes up 80% of what's out there and then there's some really good stuff that says something. It's just another way of getting a message across.
Old 9th May 2012
Here for the gear

This is my favorite guitar. I bought it brand new a couple months ago and the best feeling guitar I've ever held. Its an ESP Eclipse II in Vintage Honeyburst. Granted I'm a noob but I've held a few

Show your FAV GUITAR...-eclipse-ii.jpg
Old 10th May 2012
Here for the gear

I can't decide. My stable:

PRS SE Semi-Hollow
Fender Tele Deluxe (78)
G&L Asat Classic
Fender American Std. Strat
Rickenbacker 620

Martin HD 28V
Washburn
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-000_0138.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-000_0133.jpg  
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

These four have been making it out to just about very gig lately...
'69 maple cap Blackie
'59 slab Tele
'63 6120
'59 Aristocrat

The Strat's got newer pups and the Tele's neck pup is rewound. Other than that, all original equipment.
Old 10th May 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post

These four have been making it out to just about very gig lately...
'69 maple cap Blackie
'59 slab Tele
'63 6120
'59 Aristocrat

The Strat's got newer pups and the Tele's neck pup is rewound. Other than that, all original equipment.
Nice guitars. I really like the Guild. I worked at Guild in Westerly in the late 80's.

VP
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Nice guitars. I really like the Guild. I worked at Guild in Westerly in the late 80's.

VP
Thanks, Pete! Yes, the Guild is a tone monster, fat as a butcher's dog, but light as a feather. I love it.
I was repairing guitars at a little ma and pa country music store, and an elderly guy brought it in, straight from under the bed, for a setup because he wanted to sell it. He bought it in 59. I'm it's second owner. I dig its faux ostridge-skin brown case.
Old 10th May 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennybro View Post
Thanks, Pete! Yes, the Guild is a tone monster, fat as a butcher's dog, but light as a feather. I love it.
I was repairing guitars at a little ma and pa country music store, and an elderly guy brought it in, straight from under the bed, for a setup because he wanted to sell it. He bought it in 59. I'm it's second owner. I dig its faux ostridge-skin brown case.
Awesome!

VP
Old 18th May 2012
Lives for gear
Man I love guitars. Nothing better ever invented under the sun.

Well maybe some cool cars...
Old 21st May 2012
Gear Nut

Here's one for you Texans! The real deal 1960 Strat. Bridge tone pot modified to push-pull, activating bridge and neck pick-ups in series; tone pot circuit modified to act as a HF shaver on the bridge pickup.

Sent from my MB860 using Gearslutz App
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-uploadfromtaptalk1337581168675.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-uploadfromtaptalk1337581231823.jpg  
Old 21st May 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Harvest View Post
Here's one for you Texans! The real deal 1960 Strat. Bridge tone pot modified to push-pull, activating bridge and neck pick-ups in series; tone pot circuit modified to act as a HF shaver on the bridge pickup.

Sent from my MB860 using Gearslutz App
Nice
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search