The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 25th November 2017
Lives for gear

2013 Custom Shop SG Custom.

I could have done without the Liberace Finish (silver sparkle), but $4500 SG Customs were out of my reach. Finding a Custom Shop variant at $2k even, I pounced.

I swapped out the pearl finish tuners for lockers, to support the tremelo bridge, but it's otherwise stock.

Plays and sounds like a dream. A Fretless Wonder, at a fraction of the weight.

:-)
Old 25th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee4303 View Post
2013 Custom Shop SG Custom.

:-)
Boy what a great guitar to play the "blues" has it's own ambience
Old 25th November 2017
Lives for gear

For now....the Fender CS ’69 Strat (E), Yamaha BB-G5A (B) and the Martin D-18V (A)

Show your FAV GUITAR...-3sum-copy.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-3sum-copy.jpg  
Old 28th November 2017
Lives for gear

This is my Number One. 2013 Fender '59 Strat Reissue.

Did some mods to it:
Wilkenson 5 screw bridge
Tremel-no bridge lock
Fender locking tuners
Rolling string trees
Lil 59'er (bridge)
Fralin 42...P-90 style (middle)
Texas Special (neck).

Very versatile pickup combo. Stays in tune for whammy work, plus I can lock the bridge when needed. But mainly, the thing just plays like a dream and sounds amazing.

Old 2nd December 2017
Here for the gear

Thumbs up

Still in honeymoon phase. But I always wanted a TV Yellow Les Paul doublecut. Finally got one 45+ years in. Haven't even gigged her yet (had a bad gigging year due to health probs), but did use it in a recording session, putting a few tracks on a friend's band's album, in his home studio.

It came with a single ply pickguard, but I replaced it with a multiply B/W/B from WD.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-bk-pindrop.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-27009540909_c48d7bab55_c.jpg  
Old 2nd December 2017
Lives for gear
Nice! I picked up a cherry double cut project body, about 4 decades ago, but ended up trading it to my repair guy for work on another guitar. Another "shoulda woulda coulda!"
Old 2nd December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintalker View Post
Nice! I picked up a cherry double cut project body, about 4 decades ago, but ended up trading it to my repair guy for work on another guitar. Another "shoulda woulda coulda!"
Thanks. Around the turn of the century I bought a Hamer USA Special, doublecut in cherry. Another fave, as Specials are generally my favorite model. (I also have 2 singlecuts, one Epi and one Gibby.)
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-specials2017.jpg  
Old 2nd December 2017
Lives for gear

My current main squeeze:

2012 Forshage Orion.

It was my 40th birthday present to myself and the guitar that got me into guitar building, although I build more traditional designs.
This is the sort of thing I build:

000 style rosewood back and sides, sitka spruce top.

Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
My current main squeeze:

2012 Forshage Orion.

It was my 40th birthday present to myself and the guitar that got me into guitar building, although I build more traditional designs.
This is the sort of thing I build:

Dayummm! Ain't no flies on you!
Old 3rd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
Dayummm! Ain't no flies on you!
Thank you.
I am glad you like it.
Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
That 000 really looks nice. My main acoustic is a 000 Martin.

Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Actually, though I do like the electric too, I was referring to the 000. It's very clean and precise to the eye and I very much like the satin finish.. kudos on both really, but the 000 really shows off meticulous craftsmanship.

I'm sure that quality is there on the electric too but just less noticeable since there is less to compare to.For electrics I like moderately odd shapes too but mainly for utility reasons rather than aesthetics.

My self-built guitar a page or two back is odd because it is asymmetrical but that came about to a large degree once I decided to "notch" the base somewhat like some DanElectros so that it is stable on it's even when "standing". Form (should) follows function, right? I think Les Pauls are among the most traditionally beautiful electrics ever made but Man! are they dangerous to stand up, even momentarily, without a good guitar stand. I've only been commissioned to repair 3 snapped headstocks in a fairly long career and all were Les Pauls, although in fairness, one of those was thrown across the room.... talk about HeadBangin'...
Old 4th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enorbet2 View Post
Actually, though I do like the electric too, I was referring to the 000. It's very clean and precise to the eye and I very much like the satin finish.. kudos on both really, but the 000 really shows off meticulous craftsmanship.

I'm sure that quality is there on the electric too but just less noticeable since there is less to compare to.For electrics I like moderately odd shapes too but mainly for utility reasons rather than aesthetics.

My self-built guitar a page or two back is odd because it is asymmetrical but that came about to a large degree once I decided to "notch" the base somewhat like some DanElectros so that it is stable on it's even when "standing". Form (should) follows function, right? I think Les Pauls are among the most traditionally beautiful electrics ever made but Man! are they dangerous to stand up, even momentarily, without a good guitar stand. I've only been commissioned to repair 3 snapped headstocks in a fairly long career and all were Les Pauls, although in fairness, one of those was thrown across the room.... talk about HeadBangin'...
Thank you- that is very kind of you to say.
It was a long build for an acoustic- I usually take 150 hours but that one took closer to 200.

I did not build the electric- that is a Forshage instrument.
It is insanely playable.
Old 24th December 2017
As I've said before a new guitar is my favourite guitar.

American guitars do sound great with British amps.
Digging the pickup blend with 1 amp on dirty on the other clean. Using the pup switch like a pedal

It's unlike my other guitars and that's why I got it.
Been on 'the list' for decades.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

@Howling Terror, I seriously suggest you purchase one of the larger Janglebox pedals. I use the JB2. It will make your Rickenbacker come alive with jangle.

Old 24th December 2017
Thanks but to honest I'm doing good with Shredmaster and a compressor.
Nice with a wah too. Toe down.
Amp settings slightly different but same goes with the other guitars.
Yeah proper taken by it and look forward to making it do un-Ric things.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
Thanks but to honest I'm doing good with Shredmaster and a compressor.
Nice with a wah too. Toe down.
Amp settings slightly different but same goes with the other guitars.
Yeah proper taken by it and look forward to making it do un-Ric things.
The compressor is the secret for the Rickenbacker.

I truly don't want to steal your thunder with your new Rickenbacker, and I beg your pardon if it seems that way, I actually came to this thread before knowing you posted to post my new acquisition, a 1996 Rose Morris export model 1997. With the JB2 and the toasters, the jangle knocks it out of the park. Comments from a gig were over the top in terms of love for the jangle.

Old 24th December 2017
You sure love that jangle and I can't knock you for it.

Cool guitar...but we already know that.
Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
You sure love that jangle and I can't knock you for it.

Cool guitar...but we already know that.
As I'm sure you know the model 1997 Rose Morris was an export model to Britain, which is one of the reasons I sought out that guitar.

I play pop to hard rock but the jangle thing really gets in me. Here's a song I love from I think 97 or 98. I heard the song overhead in a restaurant Friday and I came home and looked on YouTube. Sure enough, a Rickenbacker. Cool song, "His Latest Flame" by Mary Lou Lord.

Old 24th December 2017
Lives for gear
I've got a cousin who still has his '58 330 purchased new. It's the more "normal" sunburst, though I've forgotten what that's called in "Rickenbacker-ese". LOL
Merry Christmas everyone!
Michael
Old 14th February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic38 View Post
Sold my Fatboy to help my sister out, with what was left i realised that one toy had gone and none replaced it.. fearing a loss in the "boys with toys" rankings I ordered this 2012 LP Standard...

Phenomenal tone, drop dead gorgeous looks and my one and only LP Standard..and looks better in person.

I'm a Les Paul guy. That is one beautiful f***ing guitar!
Old 28th February 2018
Here for the gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicTone View Post
As I'm sure you know the model 1997 Rose Morris was an export model to Britain, which is one of the reasons I sought out that guitar.

I play pop to hard rock but the jangle thing really gets in me. Here's a song I love from I think 97 or 98. I heard the song overhead in a restaurant Friday and I came home and looked on YouTube. Sure enough, a Rickenbacker. Cool song, "His Latest Flame" by Mary Lou Lord.

Cool, that guitar is a sister to my 620. In the late '80s early '90s Ric did a run of solid colors with black binding and black hardware. At a minimum they came in white, red, and blue.

I have a red one:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/34/641...2902df44_b.jpg

By the weirdest of coincidences, the lead singer in a band I used to be in has a blue one:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2821/3...1872bbc9_o.jpg
Old 5th March 2018
Here for the gear

My favs

These are my favs
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-20180222_150710.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-picsart_03-03-07.48.50.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-20180222_150710.jpg  
Old 6th March 2018
Lives for gear

Here's one that's a bit unusual, but dear to me.

At work we had some copper tiles that were acoustic samples for a performance hall at George Mason that we were working on. After the acoustics evaluation of the material was complete we were throwing away the copper when I said, "I'll take 'em. Might make something out of them."

Ended up drawing plans around how much copper I had and five short years later BAM! A funky electric resonator was born.

The neck is Honduras Mahogany from the interior of a 1950's motorboat. All found materials other than the tunamatic that was laying around and the rosewood that I ordered to make the fingerboard and the base of the bridge.

Most people probably don't use as much "hammer" when building their guitars I imagine...

Cheers,
Brock
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-coppertone.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-gtr2.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-gtr3.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-gtr4.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-gtr5.jpg  

Show your FAV GUITAR...-gtr1.jpg  
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesMan803 View Post
These are my favs
Wow, that's pretty neat how you're able to hang those guitars upside down by the neck.

How do you like the Rails pups? I recently picked up (and returned) a used G&L Legacy with Hot Rails (b), Cool Rails (m) and Vintage Rails (n). I found them a little dull, but I've read you have to work with them to find the right sound.
Old 6th March 2018
Here for the gear

Here's my baby:
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-my-charvel.jpg  
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekt View Post
Here's my baby:
Nice! How do you like it? Is this the San Dimas model? I've thought about getting one. Seems like a great guitar for not crazy money.
Old 6th March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
Nice! How do you like it? Is this the San Dimas model? I've thought about getting one. Seems like a great guitar for not crazy money.

I love it. It's the 2016 Pro Mod San Dimas. It plays and sounds great. The only issue I've had is that the neck has shrunk as the wood has dried out and I had to have the frets filed down.
Old 6th March 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekt View Post
I love it. It's the 2016 Pro Mod San Dimas. It plays and sounds great. The only issue I've had is that the neck has shrunk as the wood has dried out and I had to have the frets filed down.

Thanks and good info. Enjoy the hell outta that thing!
Old 6th March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
Thanks and good info. Enjoy the hell outta that thing!
Oh I have! It's my go to guitar for almost everything. The split coils make it so versatile.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search