The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 23rd September 2016
Lives for gear

My main squeeze
Kinman pickups, Mastery bridge, fully screened, Bourns 500K pots, all new electrics and cabling...
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_3252.jpg  
Old 5th October 2016
How 'bout this one? It's a custom built tele by Haar Guitars in the Netherlands.
It has a mahogany bottom, flame maple cap, maple neck with matching headstock and ebony fretboard. Suhr SSV with coil split in the bridge and a TV Jones Classic in the neck.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-haar-tele.jpg  
Old 7th February 2017
My Charvel but my Fender Strat is awesome
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

This is my current favorite. Bought it a couple weeks ago. It was found deep in the warehouse at my local dealer...unplayed, still had the protective plastic on the strings....

NOS 2007 ESP Kamikaze 1

I can get past the paint job, because it just has a sound that exudes 80's hair metal, plus a quacky Strat sound on the neck pickup. Really fast wide radius shred neck, but a slightly beefy U profile for banging out rock chords with thumb hooked over the top. Solid maple body and neck...the thing is heavier than a Les Paul!

They are outrageously expensive, and I'm really not into the "signature" guitar thing, but this is seriously the best guitar I've ever played, and my dealer gave me a deal I couldn't refuse...
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_0106.jpg  
Old 7th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Modified Epi les paul baritone tuned to B standard. Stringed with 11-70
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-bariphone.jpg  
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

Nice....and speaking of Baritones:

'97 Alembic Orion Baritone (28" scale)

This one is tuned to A (.013-.70).
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_0118.jpg  
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

Old 7th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Nice....and speaking of Baritones:

'97 Alembic Orion Baritone (28" scale)

This one is tuned to A (.013-.70).
Woah, you beat me by 0.25"

Pretty exotic stuff
Old 8th February 2017
Here for the gear

I've had well over 50 USA made guitars, and my GJ2 5 star Concorde is by far my fav
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

I just got this in. It will, most likely, be my last guitar. At least for a long while...
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-dsc_1210.jpg  
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
I just got this in. It will, most likely, be my last guitar. At least for a long while...
Nice.

Mmmmmm....P90......
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
Nice.

Mmmmmm....P90......

Thanks!

Yep, I've been through tons of guitars, with all manor of pickup configurations. And, this is what I've settled on, a single P90.
Old 18th June 2017
Lives for gear

I think @Kiwi is correct when he talks about a guitar being a fashion accessory, and for me, and I assume all of us, the fashion accessory needs to also have the perfectness to play live. My current favorite guitar is a white Strat, actually the white is a custom color I ordered from a Luthier, Desert Sand, a Fender color from the 50's. I like the contrast of the guitar vs my blue blazer as evidenced in a picture from last weekend.

Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintalker View Post
Haven't been back in a while and posted this yesterday on the "cheap guitars that impressed me" thread.
Cheap guitars that you never expected to impress you but they did

They all fall into the "my retired budget" zone, but it makes me very happy to see them in the morning and be able to pick up which ever one suits my mood!
Michael
Hi Michael,

What is your favorite guitar these days?
Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear
HA! That could be a hourly "report"! This morning I've played some piano on my Kurz K2500, played Sleepwalk on both my E lap steel and C6th (Recording King RG-31 with Duesenberg MultiBender and a Gibson BR-4 ('47). I've been learning some fiddle tunes on my Taylor Baby set up as dobro and usually play both my acoustic mandolin Monroe Rocky Top and Mando-Strat.

Guitar-wise, however, I've sold the sunburst AlleyKat and maybe selling the Swingster, too, (budget crunch) and therefore am spending more time with the WildKat. I'm planning to upgrade the harness (920d shop) and the Bigsby with a Bricks Biggs Fix low tension roller. The tuners are bugging me and I'm thinking I'll replace them with Imperials or the ones that have those Art Deco keys (?). The FilterTrons buzz/resonate in the TV Jones rings a little and the tunematic does that, some too. So there's another item to tackle! LOL

Otherwise I rotate the FSR Std Ash Tele, either Strat, or Epi LP Std Plus Top, throughout the day. It's the older version w/o series parallel which I plan to "convert it" to that set up, if/when the Swingster sells. I really like that option/flavor.

So, I can't commit to any particular guitar (nor instrument! LOL I try to sneak the fiddle and banjo in there too)for long. I don't like it when I "neglect" one, so I am getting better at "more equal useage".

I also sold the Washburn LSB acoustic baritone. The 30" scale didn't really work for me (short arms! LOL). I'll replace it with a 27" ... I don't mind the Hellcat VI but the sheer size of the LSB body made open position chords hard or uncomfortable, to play for very long. Oh well......

Depending on weather and yardwork, I hope to mount my Triple Play on the Red strat today or.... soon.

Here are "the pod" pics around New Year's.......

Michael

ps I really like your color choice. I would love to repaint the Jazz bass, or get a lighter body in white or even better white blonde on ash.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-collection-christmas-2016-1-.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-collection-christmas-2016-2-.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-collection-christmas-2016-3-.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-collection-christmas-2016-4-.jpg  
Old 24th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Well, it's official, I am now a PRS addict.... a couple of weeks ago I picked up a new/used, PRS Torero. I am still amazed at the quality, and playability of this guitar.
2 days ago I was surfing through Craigslist, when I came upon an add for a PRS Custom 22 for trade, so I dug out my older Chinese, Epi Les Paul, from under my bed,
took a couple of pics, and made him a trade offer, He agreed!!! We met and made the trade. After 3 hours of cleaning, polishing, fretboard conditioning, and a new set of Ernie ball 10-52"s

Old 24th June 2017
Lives for gear
Congrats! Good trade. They both look great!
Michael
Old 28th June 2017
Lives for gear

It is rare that one can combine the adjectives "elegant" and "workhorse' even though perfect simplicity does lead to that since so many prefer embellishment even sometimes at the expense of function yet your new PRS seems to have that elegant simplicity and that makes complete sense. It makes sense because I know Paul and spent many hours with him back in his Annapolis days and he has always been committed to simplicity and precision with a sharp eye for functionality and ergonomics. It pleases me to see the stopped tailpiece as I am in some small part responsible for it's introduction in the PRS line as he loved my Les Paul Standard Reissue that came with a stopped tailpiece. The stock unit was some sort of ultra light "pot metal" and I replaced it first with a Leo Quann Badass with adjustable saddles that I hated. I then got a heavy brass unit and filed offsets for intonation and that did it.

Paul has always been eminently aware of the mathematical fundamentals of intonation and fret placement to the extent that he literally invented a machine that cuts all 24 fret slots at once to better than one ten thousandth of an inch accuracy, literally an order of magnitude more accurate than others and it is rarely even mentioned but extremely important. He knew he could do a terrific job on the stopped tailpiece and he did. You can probably attest to the fact that intonation is way more than just OK and the tone and sustain are superb. Kudos, man. Way cool!
Old 4th July 2017
Gear Nut

My favorite guitar, out of the ones I've owned.
January 1951 Fender Esquire.
It's the lightest I've seen. It's the loudest, angriest sounding Esquire/Tele I've heard.
Not to mention that it's one of the easiest playing guitar I've tried.
Old 10th July 2017
Gear Maniac

When I moved several years ago I downsized my collection of guitars to only 8 guitars. Here is a photo of the 4 that see the most playing. I used to rarely play acoustic, now I don't play the electrics as much anymore. I have a 2015 Martin 000-15M (actually it is a custom build LA Guitars special, wider nut, more binding, gloss finish). Best sounding acoustic I have ever played. I have a 1975 Gibson Flying V I bought new, a 1975 Gibson Les Paul Standard that was refinished in 1976 with a faded sunburst to make it look like a late 50's (at that time), which I bought used in 1977. (It has since faded into a deep color in the last 40 years) Finally a 2012 Fender Select American strat with flame maple top. (I wasn't happy with the noisy single coil pickups it came with, so I recently swapped out the entire pickguard assembly with an American Deluxe loaded pickguard with N3 noiseless pickups and the S1 switching system. It is now usable with boost into the Marshall and sounds much better...)

The Marshall is a 1971 50 watt, the same basic circuit as the 68-69 Plexi models, last year of the small head configuration.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitars.jpg  
Old 10th July 2017
Lives for gear

But as of last year this one gets played about 70% of the time

Last edited by KevWind; 25th November 2017 at 04:28 PM..
Old 18th November 2017
Gear Addict

My Partscaster - County Instruments - Creamcaster.. She sounds beautiful. While I was going for a more 'Creamier' yellow (as per the rattle can) - I love her.

Pitbull TL-51 Ash
Wilkinson Compensated Bridge
Kluson Nickel Tuners
Emerson 3-way kit
Tonerider Hot Classics
Fender dome knobs
(string through since photos taken)

Old 18th November 2017
Gear Maniac

to tough to pick one, so here's my favorites of many more

Old 18th November 2017
How do you post a pic here? Do you need to use a pic hosting service or can you just add the attachment?
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear
I've used Photobucket for mine, Jim.
Michael
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear
Go "Advanced"
Click on attachments and drag a pic into the attachment window. I just did it that way, which is faster.
Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitars-september-2017-1-.jpg  

Last edited by mcintalker; 18th November 2017 at 09:53 PM..
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Still hanging in as my fave after all these years. '59 slab Tele. Light an resonant. Rings like a bell.
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
How do you post a pic here? Do you need to use a pic hosting service or can you just add the attachment?
-Go to "user CP.
-Go to "Pictures and Albums" tab under "Networking" heading.
-Upload pictures. I like to bust 'em down to about max of 7 inches on the longer side at 100ppi.
-After it uploads, it should show up as a thumbnail in your Pix.
-Click on thumbnail to bring up the full-sized image.
-Copy the BB Code underneath the image.
-In your post, click on the little mountain icon at the top, and paste in the code. --
-Post!
Old 25th November 2017
Lives for gear

My favorite modded guitar is currently this old Silvertone. Mods include cut down headstock (for straight string line), Shaller tuners, Dan Electro nut, Leo Quann Badass stopped bridge/tailpiece, pup selector switch from Strat an d oifc funky paint job. Not pictured here as they hadn't arrived yet is replacement of the plastic stacked knobs with Fender Jazz Bass black metal knurled knobs

My favorite total scratch-built guitar is this chambered oddball - Honduran Mahogany back and neck, Maple top, Ebony fingerboard, Grover tuners, hybrid slick nut, Schecter whammy
Neck pup = Seymour Duncan Mini PAF Middle pup = Seymour Duncan Tele Bridge Quarter Pounder Bridge pup = Tapped UltraSonic

My all time favorite (sadly stolen) is this so-called 54 Reissue LP made and bought new in 1972

Old 25th November 2017
Lives for gear

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search