The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 12th June 2014
Lives for gear
Ebony is the best! Those diamonds look good.

@ Unclenny I just realized I haven't played an EB3 or tapewounds for decades! I am long overdue! LOL

Michael
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintalker View Post
Ebony is the best! Those diamonds look good.

@ Unclenny I just realized I haven't played an EB3 or tapewounds for decades! I am long overdue! LOL

Michael
Yeah I was never that crazy about rosewood even on a LP, and I always liked maple blondes on my Strats. But having that Ebony like a better LP on my Strats oh yeah, just too cool. That neck cost me $300 but well worth it, fret work is perfect.
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear
Carvin is dead on the money and worth every penny.
I haven't really done much with maple. I did have an American Standard Tele for 3-4 years when I was MD for a country-rock young woman, out of Traverse City MI. I have been looking at FSR Ash Tele for $499, but have to pay off my next guitar.
I have a deposit on a Washburn Lakeside Baritone that's in clearance till June 28th. The price is great and I'll have to sell my Premium Fender Bass case, and some other stuff to cover it in time. BUT I was planning to buy it, anyway and then they really lowered the price, because it's been on the floor too long! Lucky me!
It's a 30" scale acoustic baritone with HS case and Fishman pickup, though that will need some work- the B string is noticeably louder than the rest. The store had it tuned B to B, but with a 30" scale, it can go down an octave! I'll have to experiment with when I get it home.
Between that surprise deal and Sample Tank 3 in prerelease, I am excited. I played an Epiphone Wildkat today and think I will have to buy one and put some TV Jones Brian Setzer Signatures on it. I might wait till they get a wine red one, though.
Michael
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear
Great thing Guitars, so many different types. I like a lot of stuff that is just impossible for me to afford and if I could muster the money I do not seriously think I could sleep well spending what some of these puppies go for. 5K for a nice Les Paul, man. David Gilmour's signature 5K. I can build out a marvelous exotic wood and exotic finish factory custom Carvin for like $1500 that plays like the gods passed it from on high. I cannot see why some of these puppies cost so much. Nor how in the hell anyone outside the 2% can afford them. I think my wife would kill me in my sleep if I dropped that much on something.
Old 13th June 2014
Here for the gear

The one I'd save first in a fire is my '54 Gretsch Duo Jet. My '64 Jazzmaster is pretty close behind though.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ps5d6786f4.jpg

Tommy.
Old 13th June 2014
Here for the gear

'59 Les Paul Custom Shop Reissue.

https://flic.kr/p/nF87Uz
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB30 View Post
'59 Les Paul Custom Shop Reissue.

https://flic.kr/p/nF87Uz
Sweet, lottery money.
Old 15th June 2014
j27
Here for the gear

Thunderclap

New Fav!! great sustain!! anyone heard of them? (barnes thunderclap)?
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-thunderclapaboutimage-20green.jpg  
Old 15th June 2014
Thumbs up My #1

Knaggs Severn Trembuck (Tier 2) with Seymour Duncan P90s

Swamp ash back, sapele middle, spalted maple top, crazy flame maple neck with cocobolo fretboard, ebony headstock fascia and spalted maple truss rod cover (pic of that attached!)
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_2332.jpg  
Old 15th June 2014
Lives for gear
Very nice, indeed! WHEEEEEW!

Michael
Old 11th September 2014
Here for the gear

I saw that thing hand painted / hand sanded, very sweet
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-stratpeach.jpg  
Old 2nd October 2014
Lives for gear

Both recently modded, my '00 MIM Strat turned Superstrat with SD JB/Jazz/Standard mid PU, and a '14 satin Arizona Sunset (bought to match my 11r, lol) MIM Tele (played and sounded great off the shop floor)

Old 2nd October 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post

Knaggs Severn Trembuck (Tier 2) with Seymour Duncan P90s

Swamp ash back, sapele middle, spalted maple top, crazy flame maple neck with cocobolo fretboard, ebony headstock fascia and spalted maple truss rod cover (pic of that attached!)
i am so into the spalted maple I think that has to be my next build body for sure.
Old 5th October 2014
My 1986 330 Fireglow. I bought it this year and found out it's far more versatile then I thought! A great instrument and it's my favorite over my Les Paul Jr. and Gretsch Electromatic.

Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear
I have a cousin (who won't part with it!) who has a 1958 330 Rick, that he bought new when he was 13. It has a great patina, but needs a neck reset.

Nice guitar! When I bought my Italia Rimini 12, it dawned on me I could use it as a 6 string, too. Mine has the Wilkinson mini-humbuckers. I have considered the Lollars and the JBE "Ricky), I am very pleased with it, and with it's wider nut, it will have to sub for "my Rickenbacker".

Michael
Old 8th October 2014
Gear Maniac

Ronin Kingbird. 6.6lbs of tonal fulfillment.
Old 11th October 2014
Gear Nut
The pics don't really do her justice, but she is my favorite Les Paul, perfect to me in every way.
2000 Les Paul Standard in Wine Red, Burstbucker 1&2, Tusq nut, Tonepros locking Nashville, Tonepros locking tailpiece studs, Graphtech saddles.

and my close second....
2002 Les Paul Standard Plus Light Burst, Burstbucker Pro's. Tonepros Locking tailpiece studs, Tonepros/Kluson Vintage tuners, 550K Super pots. Soon to receive Tusq nut, Tonepros Locking Nashville, and Graphtech saddles.

Old 14th November 2014
Gear Addict

here are a few new ones . These are LCG Lowe Custom Guitars bodies with Warmoth necks

and my new old Flite 103w
Old 14th November 2014
Gear Addict

I just got back a warmoth X Bird from Pat Wilkins that USPS banged up or relic'd

and fixed

Old 14th November 2014
Gear Addict

pics don't see to work here anymore ..boo
Old 21st November 2014
Gear Maniac
This one isn't bad to me:

Old 21st November 2014
Lives for gear
Nice top, uOpt.

Those are pretty interesting basses and the amp, too, fretless.

Michael
Old 22nd November 2014
Gear Maniac

Charvel Hardtail

Old 24th November 2014
Here for the gear

Alex & Eric

Alex Lifeson Viceroy Brown with Piezo Ghost Pickups, GraphTech Floyd Rose.
Eric Johnson Sunburst Fender Stratocaster. First year of it's Release.

M. Boogie Rectoverb 25

TC Electronic G System.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-2014_rig_small_stroke.jpg  
Old 25th November 2014
Lives for gear

Here is mine and my wife's new beginner guitars.

'94 Fender MIM Squier Series Telecaster
New Epiphone 1966 G-400 PRO
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_6819.jpg  
Old 26th November 2014
Gear Nut
It's a tough call limiting which one is my absolute fav.

Right now I'm alternating between my Tele

And my Jazz Box
Old 27th November 2014
Here is the stuff in my studio. I've whittled everything down to one acoustic, one electric, and one bass. https://www.flickr.com/photos/goodin...h/15340080496/

Last edited by johnny nowhere; 27th November 2014 at 01:40 AM.. Reason: photos would not link directly.
Old 27th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny nowhere View Post
Here is the stuff in my studio. I've whittled everything down to one acoustic, one electric, and one bass. https://www.flickr.com/photos/goodin...h/15340080496/
It appears by your guitar photos you belong to the rare players like me, left handed player/ right handed strung guitar.

Am I right?
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-whitestrat-copy.png  
Old 27th November 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post
It appears by your guitar photos you belong to the rare players like me, left handed player/ right handed strung guitar.

Am I right?
Oh. heh,heh. Yeah. I've played that way for so damn long I forget that it's 'weird'. Oh, hey. And you've got a BD-2 as well. Good stuff.

Last edited by johnny nowhere; 27th November 2014 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: addendum
Old 27th November 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny nowhere View Post
Oh. heh,heh. Yeah. I've played that way for so damn long I forget that it's 'weird'.
Nice to meet you....fellow left/righty!!!
Join the Albert King, Eric Gales, Doyle Bramhall II and others club....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search