The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 4th January 2014
Gear Guru

War Stories of The Young & Wasted
Old 4th January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Try now - I changed the file type!
"I made this quick demo recording by just resting my iPhone in-between my headphone speaker pads (Out from the Two Notes Torpedo Live)"

That is an AWESOME recording off an iPhone between headphones!
Who needs a Neumann M150????
Old 4th January 2014
Gear Guru

Agreed on Jules Clip, that little sucker has some spank to it.
Old 4th January 2014
Lives for gear
@Jules Sounds perfect! Nice job, too. I've seen a Pete Thorn demo of the Two Torpedoes, but not much else. I imagine you really like it !
Michael
Old 7th January 2014
Gear Nut

I've owned a lot of nice guitars but this is my favourite now, the neck is just so comfortable for me. Had to put better pickups in it, Peter Florence Voodoo's, and Schaller tuners. Godin LG purchased for tree-fiddy off fleabay

Old 8th January 2014
Lives for gear
what a steal
Old 8th January 2014
Gear Nut

New they're about 850 with case, but even at that price it would be worth it. Made in La Patrie, Quebec and assembled in New Hampshire. Their higher end guitars are really nice.
Old 8th January 2014
Lives for gear

my new baby (all built from different basses)
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_6701.jpg  
Old 10th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Fender Strat 2013-1972 Japanese reissue. Modern jap-strat at it's finest.
Old 16th January 2014
Gear Maniac

This is my number one. An 87 SK Ibanez Jem. Stripped down and beat to hell.

Old 17th January 2014
Lives for gear

OK, my new favorite. American Vintage '59 Reissue Strat. Plays like butter and sounds, well...like an awesome Strat. I haven't owned a Fender in 25 years. I figured if I'm going to get one, I want a REAL one, quirks and all. Non-reverse wound pickup, 6 screw bridge, etc.

Show your FAV GUITAR...-photo-3.jpg

Show your FAV GUITAR...-photo-1.jpg

Show your FAV GUITAR...-photo-2.jpg
Old 20th January 2014
Gear Nut

you can't beat a good strat!!

that's a cool Godin, as well...I admire the way they keep coming up with new, interesting designs. I'm a big fan of P90's as wll
Old 24th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Haven't been a huge Fender guitar guy until I bought this baby, will now be a Jaguar player for life:

Old 31st January 2014
Gear Addict

for me it's always the new one but this about wraps up the builds for awhile , a DAW build is next in the queue now but here she is , a Warmoth Custom T hollow w/ DiMarzio Area P ( love this pup) Warmoth qsawn Tele neck w/ ss frets & KTS Titanium bridge .I did the Nitro finish over the last few weeks . Sometime you get lucky and the parts go together just right and the instrument sounds amazing . This is one of those times ! \m/

Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear

NIIIIIIIIICE bass!
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear
Very nice!
Old 2nd February 2014
Gear Addict

Thanks Fellas ! Giving it a good thump right now !
Old 5th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fretless View Post
Thanks Fellas ! Giving it a good thump right now !
So what did you use, dyes and sand back to get the red and dark grains?
Old 6th February 2014
1954 Gretsch SilverJet
Old 6th February 2014
Lives for gear
Nice! I would love to add 3 Gretsches to my line up and the Duo Jet is one of them.

Michael
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
So what did you use, dyes and sand back to get the red and dark grains?
for the back I sealed it then grain filled with Black filler from Stewmac then shot Stewmac red over it . Worked great , You gotta seal first or the grain filler will dye the wood . So it just wiped right off for the most part and left only in the grain .
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear

Gretsches have such the cool factor! I love that sparkle!
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Yep, love the sparkle. Last year I had just bought 2 Teles within a month when a cheapy yellow sparkle tele came up on craigslist in my neighborhood for $100. My wife was not happy about 2, so there was no way I could go get a 3rd. I've regretted it ever since. A sparkly Gretsch is probably in my future.
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear
@fretless
That is another NICE one!

How would you describe the DiMarzio Area P? Compared to a Fender P (though I know that is vague!LOL)

Ever used a Babicz FCH4 on anything yet?

Michael
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydPink View Post
Haven't been a huge Fender guitar guy until I bought this baby, will now be a Jaguar player for life:

Is that a Jaguar HH? Those are awesome guitars. I almost bought one.
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintalker View Post
@fretless
That is another NICE one!

How would you describe the DiMarzio Area P? Compared to a Fender P (though I know that is vague!LOL)

Ever used a Babicz FCH4 on anything yet?

Michael
Thanks man ! Yeah I had that bridge on a bass i had a few years back and it was a nice piece of hardware . Very lightweight and adjusted very smoothly . These days if I add on a bridge it's a KTS , it just fits the need and the bass sounds right to my ears . I also really like Armadillo bridges for a massive piece of brass . The DiMarzio Area P is probably the best pickup I've found and I put them in everything I've built . It has this wonderful chewy thick tone and it's so responsive to touch it's amazing . Fender makes some damn fine pickups though so it's one of those things you gotta sometimes go through but at like 60 , 70 bucks it's not a huge risk and I highly recommend you give one a whirl .
Old 8th February 2014
Awesome two-tone finish!!! I dig it!!!

Old 8th February 2014
Gear Addict

Thanks man ! Really happy with this Warmoth build and the finish tuned out great . For a total hack way way better then expected . I may have to do more of these rattle can jobs . oh I tracked her for the first time last night , shes sounds like
Old 8th February 2014
Wow! That track was pretty cool! Very melodic bass riffs - especially liked the bass runs towards then of the clip. Nice!!!
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax Lepinski View Post
Wow! That track was pretty cool! Very melodic bass riffs - especially liked the bass runs towards then of the clip. Nice!!!
Thanks man ! Glad you liked it , Cheers
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search