The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 4th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
1971 SG Deluxe.

Stock....made them that way from 71 to......74?.
I can't find the photo of the one that got away.

'84 Custom Shop 335, Shaws Polaris White with Cream Binding, and pick guard Dot RI, chrome hardware.
It was perfect, understated and elegant.

Could have grabbed it for about $2500.00 but just couldn't scrape it together fast enough.

Also had my eye on a '63 Polaris White SG with P-90's

I think they wanted like $6K for it.
Old 4th December 2013
Lives for gear
Ah, RE unclenny's SG, so I probably have seen that model, just don't recall it.

3 things happen as you get older
1. Your memory goes....and
I forgot the other two.

I am very partial to the '61 Historic SG version, which they have my local shop, though it is now called something else. The one with the small pickguard and Maestro vibrola, in cherry, of course!

@FFTT I stopped eating wheat on July 1st and went from 36+" to 33" very quickly. So, I am approaching my 32" waist which was a couple decades ago!_

Also, my hands which have hurt for 12 years, DON"T anymore! Read Wheat Belly by Dr William Davis, if you're interested in what GMO wheat does to humans. (wheat used to have 14 chromosomes(for like 50,000 years) and now after 50+ years of modifications has 42!). The list of stuff that goes away as soon as you stop eating it, is unbelievable!
Michael
Old 4th December 2013
Gear Guru

You mean like getting up to get something and totally forgetting why you got up when you get there?

Reading Glasses

Your 1st AARP Membership Application.

That kind if stuff?

You're 100% correct on getting off starches in general.

Breads, Pasta, Taters, all of it might as well be called Stuffing.

I've got treadmill hill outside, but with temps dropping outside so has my motivation.

We were also working full time with no roadies, a 12 hour day for a 1 nighter hauling & setting up and tearing down after working under hot lights.
It was a real workout and I was 157 pounds of fury :-) I'm 179 now, not
horrible but still horrible.

Basically you're talking The Caveman Diet.

Nothing processed, meats, veggies, fruits & nuts, water & natural juices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintalker View Post
Ah, RE unclenny's SG, so I probably have seen that model, just don't recall it.

3 things happen as you get older
1. Your memory goes....and
I forgot the other two.

I am very partial to the '61 Historic SG version, which they have my local shop, though it is now called something else. The one with the small pickguard and Maestro vibrola, in cherry, of course!

@FFTT I stopped eating wheat on July 1st and went from 36+" to 33" very quickly. So, I am approaching my 32" waist which was a couple decades ago!_

Also, my hands which have hurt for 12 years, DON"T anymore! Read Wheat Belly by Dr William Davis, if you're interested in what GMO wheat does to humans. (wheat used to have 14 chromosomes(for like 50,000 years) and now after 50+ years of modifications has 42!). The list of stuff that goes away as soon as you stop eating it, is unbelievable!
Michael
Old 4th December 2013
Lives for gear
Well, I will be 65 in March ..... what I chose to remember is more like wha I am doing.

RE Diet ..... well, caveman might be close LOL

Yeah, processed, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, etc but specifically wheat which is in everything! Lipstick, licorice(!), toothpaste, etc etc. Not just gluten free which has all kinds of crap in too, but avoiding wheat all together.

I always ate well, lots of fruit and veggies and that helped to make the turn, but the change in my mental clarity, my joints, and general feeling of well being, is just profound! Slimming down was a bonus! I feel better at 64 than I have for 15 years. I was always active, too. Walking a couple miles a day etc, and sprinting.
I am very glad to NOT be lugging gear anywhere near like I used to!!!!
Twins with JBLs and the PA ..... When I used to gig on Mackinac Island, I would load the gear from the basement to the car, drive 2 hours, load it on the boat, then push the cart to the hotel, then load it in and set up and then play. Yuck!

Michael ..... happily retired! INDEED!
Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

Wow....bunch of old farts around here!

(62 in a month.....)
Old 5th December 2013
Gear Maniac

1987 Charvel Jackson Model 6
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-1-charvel-model-6.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-2-charvel-model-6.jpg  
Old 5th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:

(62 in a month.....)
Geeze Like The Wind Baby! heh
Old 5th December 2013
Quote:

(62 in a month.....)
Boy I feel like a baby now 58
Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspeed View Post
1987 Charvel Jackson Model 6
Niiice!!

Sent from my SoftwinerEvb
Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

It changes every month but most of the time is my EJ strat. Dead bone stock. Even use GHS EJ strings.

Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OktoberStorm View Post
Niiice!!

Sent from my SoftwinerEvb
hell yeah. a fine ax
Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

my favorite. PRS korina mccarty.
Old 5th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionid View Post
It changes every month
Bet that Sparkle Drive stays there, though.
Old 5th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Bet that Sparkle Drive stays there, though.
I'm not much for pedals, but the Sparkle Drive has always interested me.
Old 6th December 2013
Lives for gear

Music Man Silhouette Special in Orange Firemist. It is incredibly difficult to find a nice left handed guitar and I have WAY less to pick from compared to most, so I consider this a blessing.

Old 6th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Mysterioso View Post
I just picked up this 1981 Gibson Explorer E2. Everything is original as far as I can tell.
gotta find the picture. this is my favorite of the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-munozphoto.com-explorer-11-edit-edit.jpg  

Last edited by Igotsoul4u; 6th December 2013 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: picture wasn't attached as it was in original post
Old 6th December 2013
Here for the gear

1991 Custom Shop Fender Stratocaster (Korina)

Sooo smooth to play!
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-2013-11-14-10.23.58.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-2013-11-10-22.57.39.jpg  
Old 6th December 2013
Lives for gear

that strat is awesome. must be nice and light. My strat is a friggin tank.
Old 6th December 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
that strat is awesome. must be nice and light. My strat is a friggin tank.
It indeed is, which is great for me, since I can't stand heavy guitars...but it's a matter of preference really.
Also the Korina sounds great and full, when playing "dry", while the springs on the open back give it a nice reverby feel! Just love it!
Old 6th December 2013
Gear Guru

Being a bass player, most guitars don't feel too heavy.

WANT!

Solid Rosewood Tele

I played Roy Clark's real solid Rosewood Tele, now that was a hunk of wood!
Old 6th December 2013
Lives for gear
I got to play a rosewood tele and it was WEIGHTY! LOL

A very heavy guitar! and in reference to unclenny.... I better take some vitamins, if I plan to play one of those! LOL

Personally, the American Deluxe Tele in cherryburst is my fav. I have yet to try a B-bender and hope to cross paths with one of those, too, at some point.

Michael
Old 6th December 2013
my Ash Lite Strat is pretty light, but I have a friend who has The Strat, which I think was made in the 80's it's a very nice strat that weighs as much as my Les Paul.
Old 7th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
That is quite a Les Paul up there Fretless. Very impressed by the wiring in that puppy, damn that is some fine quality workmanship. Even my Seymour Duncan pre-wired is not that sweet. Are all Gibson's like that internally or is that special?
Thanks man ,pretty sure they are all like this these days
Old 7th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
That is quite a Les Paul up there Fretless. Very impressed by the wiring in that puppy, damn that is some fine quality workmanship. Even my Seymour Duncan pre-wired is not that sweet. Are all Gibson's like that internally or is that special?
My LP trib is a 2011, and it has soldered, "regular" electronics but with two big fat mylar caps.

The PCB and molex connection is a newer thing... Once the parts are fabricated you just click it all together. Great for trying new pickups perhaps? Replacement.
Solder is still the best connection for long term durability/embarrassing failure-prevention.
Pros and cons I guess but they do look neat and tidy.
Old 7th December 2013
Lives for gear

This was my first solid body, a '78 Tele, bought in a pawn shop for $100. Now that I have ~30 guitars and basses, it doesn't get used as much.

I don't have any favorites but if pressed, i'd probably consider this '99 CS LP Custom my #1.

Old 8th December 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Ransom View Post
My LP trib is a 2011, and it has soldered, "regular" electronics but with two big fat mylar caps.

The PCB and molex connection is a newer thing... Once the parts are fabricated you just click it all together. Great for trying new pickups perhaps? Replacement.
Solder is still the best connection for long term durability/embarrassing failure-prevention.
Pros and cons I guess but they do look neat and tidy.
must have thought I saw the wrong name up there
Still looks like a high end wiring job. Hate to look at mine now.
I still do not get why some pickup wires are so damn tiny while we want to use monster gauge on component connections. Dimarzio PU wires are so small, why do they do that?
Old 8th December 2013
Lives for gear

I can't pick just one. This is my Holy Trinity...

Show your FAV GUITAR...-imageuploadedbygearslutz1386461233.235671.jpg
Old 8th December 2013
Gear Guru

I thought it was funny listening in on "Rig Rundown" Heartbreakers Rig, that if something really cool comes up on the market in a guitar you could be bidding against Mike Campbell's Wife.

She's the huntress in the pack.
Old 10th December 2013
Gear Maniac

I have been true to the guitars I have had over the years. I still have my Gibson L6-S from the mid '70's (I swapped out those horrible pickups and wired a 3 way toggle), and recently added a Baja Tele...

But my old love, is my '96 Custom Shop Strat. I recently dropped in a new bridge pickup to handle some of the heavy lifting in a rock band context. The rest is as it was the day I received it, including the strap! That guitar can do it all!
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-michael-battista-pic-jf.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search