The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Guru

Here's my favorite acoustic

Larrivee P-10 Parlor

Total Slumming Low Fi
Beta 58 shared mono into my Blues Deluxe as a practice PA

Larrivee a bit pitchy Capo'd on the 3rd Fret

Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

1961 Höfner
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_0512-1-.jpg  
Old 7th October 2011
Lives for gear
Bump, more guitars, come on. We have a huge pedal board thread are you guys shy about your babies? I like the contrast of the vintage lovers to the modern custom jobs that I dig.
Old 8th October 2011
Lives for gear

OK.......this 1933 Kalamazoo is a real tone monster.

No pedal board required.

Old 8th October 2011
Old 8th October 2011
Lives for gear

Been playing this lately- an 09 Tom Anderson Classic.
I've had a bunch of TAG's, still have a Cobra that plays great too but this is something special.

Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

A Couple More
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-dsc01676.jpg  
Old 23rd October 2011
Here for the gear

I'd love an es137
Old 24th October 2011
Lives for gear

That is simply beautiful!
Old 24th October 2011
Engagement Manager

The Red J200 is my current favourite guitar to play
Old 24th October 2011
Gear Nut

Rock out with your Ewok out.

Also, a picture of a guitar that won't diminish your chances of getting laid. Lol, let me introduce my first wife...
I wish I had a picture of it under black light. It looks insane.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-spacebass.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-amber.jpg  
Old 24th October 2011
Here for the gear

im just starting out and after much research ive gone for the Vintage V6 which is pretty good for the money
Old 25th October 2011
Lives for gear
deleted post, sorry thought it might be helpful for the new player, as any of use know once post one gets buried you never see it again
Old 25th October 2011
Gear Maniac

"Nothing so great about a "Fender" Strat for the sake of the tone, look and feel of a Strat.
Personally I've been using Carvin customs for years and you could not give me a Fender for any of them."

Sure, from your Hendrix to your Clapner and all points in between, they are all dopes for using Fender instead of Carvin.

We get it, dood! You've only played one type of guitar and one type of pedal and one type of yadda yadda yadda for the 3 years that you've played guitar and you'll give us all a 5,000 word essay on why your gear is the best ever and you are the only one in the universe who has figured this out, but everyone else is a moron. Enough already!

I've seen every post you've ever put on this site from the day that you joined and it tells me that you have a very limited experience with a very specific set of gear and that is the only thing that you post about. Over and over and over!

I am convinced that you are consistently talking out your ass about the only 3 manufacturers of gear that you've ever experienced and you pretend to act like you know WTF you are talking about...but you don't. So stop.

You create new threads just so you can fill them with your own posts to support your initial post. All of your post numbers come from posting ON THE THREADS YOU HAVE STARTED! You may need a therapist...or you are 12 years old and trying to get "street cred".

Hey look, posting the same guitars at the start of the thread as at the last post of the thread. JEEZUS!
Old 25th October 2011
Lives for gear
Been playing 35 years had everything you can imagine, I found some great gear which cost a fraction of the money and the quality is superior, yes I am proud of them and dig the tones very much, excuse me for just trying to tell others paying a ton of money for a mere name is so not worth the money.
Far be it we should run across a great piece of gear and mention it more than once. I was just trying to tell the guy that had just started he did not have to worry about getting a Fender or Gibson (etc) to get a great guitar that sounded as good or better. If you wish to pay $5 grand for a new Les Paul or $4 grand for a Gilmour custom Strat be my guest, your understanding and judgement will still be lacking.
Old 26th October 2011
Gear Maniac

"Been playing 35 years had everything you can imagine"

I'm convinced you are lying and are really just a sad and lonely teenager with mediocre gear pretending to be a seasoned musician.

The epitome of a charlatan.
Old 27th October 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3waytie4last View Post
"Been playing 35 years had everything you can imagine"

I'm convinced you are lying and are really just a sad and lonely teenager with mediocre gear pretending to be a seasoned musician.

The epitome of a charlatan.
I am 54 last month, if anyone is a teenager it is obviously you.
I am also a former Engineer and a published writer, retired, off the wheel these days, playing is still a hobby for me, left my band back in 2002 when I got remarried. Been playing since I was 17, cut my teeth on Robin Trower and his mastery of the old pedal chains, then got into Pagey and Beck, some early Clapton. I am the real deal, not sure what your deal might be, never been much of a liar about anything. Truth is, after going through a fair amount of Fender Strats (here in Texas we are sort of partial to the Strat) and mods of them in my day, pickups wiring, etc. I ran across Carvin customs around the late 90s, everyone in Austin knew me from my Carvin amps and guitars. amazing quality builds not just for the money but at any price. At one time I had like 6 of them, now I down to 3 mains and a Ibanez acoustic. My tone was always top notch and my use of effect pedals was accolade by all who heard me as I have a technique of melding the effect sound into blending w the tune, rather than some who just strum without any real touch of the tone. Comes from my apparent mythical experience.

I've been selecting and rejecting pedals on my board for some time and if I am using it it must bloody sound great not because it is cheesy. I just make an attempt to pass on tips and issues I have learned in a lot of years of playing, verses some hack who's mommy bought him a guitar.
Don't hate me because I am pretty.
Old 28th October 2011
Gear Maniac

It took you two days to come up with that? Your English teacher is gonna be mighty mad. Or did you just need to find an adult who could define "charlatan" for you?

But totally, makes sense, most 50 year olds who've been playing forever and are great post exactly like every 15 year old on Harmony Central forums (do those even exist anymore?). They also tend to provide absolutely no value while consuming infinite amounts of bandwidth with non-pinions that came straight out of the youtube videos that they just watched. And, they tend to reply to their own messages repeatedly and consistently.

Props bro, you rawk! You win at the internets.
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear
It might be of interest of those sane, that I seldom look at this site every day sometimes not for a week or several days. Occasionally, there is something interesting I might enjoy checking out, but really the traffic on these sort of boards is pretty much not there.
So what is it you have to offer, advice, equipment ideas, opinions are fine but you do not seem to have anything to ponder.
Hard to call you a liar or an archaic "charlatan" when you have no points to consider about anything. Obviously what you think about me displays you have nothing to contribute about anything anyway.
So what do I get out of it if I prove you are a complete idiot in all your points? I am always interested in monetary assistance.

So in your ego you think I should labor over and wordsmith what I might say to you, really, seriously, what's next, you want to talk to my publisher or perhaps see my birth certificate? The books I wrote have nothing to do with music or guitar and I seriously doubt if you read much to be concerned with historical issues.

I have tried to be nice, cooperative, friendly, and respond to comments while trying to remain within the limitations of this site's rules. The Scottish have a saying, ".. .... ........", I leave that for your vivid imagination.

You make that really difficult to make an effort to try and contribute, for in all seriousness, do you think anyone gives a huge load what you have to say or what I have to say, about anything, anything at all?

When I comment on boards like this massive intellectual bench mark of wisdom, it is simply off the top of my head spontaneous as I am writing now. As usual people like you have nothing to say or real points just infuse conflict to discourse from your own personal mental deficiencies. You seem to think playing low brow Freudian psychology games or being sucked up into the symptoms the whole point of your life.

Everything I have commented on is shear truth, no one likes being called a liar, especially as a historian I find it really annoying, not that I should care because in the reality of all things, guitar players and musicians are not on an intellectual level to be concerned. That is not why I am here or try to post anything here. I am just an old school player tossing out issues I have gone through in the many wasted time years of my love of playing guitar, maybe a new player might pick something up that might help them. I had in my long past teenage years a lot of wrong ideas and ideas that could have saved me a lot of time working through them had I known an intelligent experienced player, apparently that is more a snipe hunt than I realized.

I seriously suggest you talk about something concerning music, guitars or recording before they pull the plug on our memberships. I will try not to lose sleep or what you think about me. I have no doubt that I have forgotten a great deal more than you will ever learn.
Old 28th October 2011
Here for the gear

Old 29th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
It might be of interest of those sane, that I seldom look at this site every day sometimes not for a week or several days. Occasionally, there is something interesting I might enjoy checking out, but really the traffic on these sort of boards is pretty much not there.
"darkhorse's Profile

• Total Posts: 643
  • Posts Per Day: 1.36"

Winning the internets, indeed.
Old 29th October 2011
Gear Maniac

These are my electric guitars.

My favorite one? The Gibson on the right.

a 1955 Es-225, with replaced tuners. I love the P-90 sound...goes from sweet to angry with changes in my dynamics...a great guitar that I thought once or twice to sell..

Bought it 10 years ago, while I was a student, for 1200$ CDN....

The others are a 1990's Epi riviera, a gift from my father, A Godin Kingpin and an ASAT tribute.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-freds_guitars.jpg  
Old 30th October 2011
Gear Addict

I'm in love with my new '85 Ibby AH-10

just recorded it for the first time
SoundClick artist: Fretless Jamz - page with MP3 music downloads
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3waytie4last View Post
"darkhorse's Profile

• Total Posts: 643
  • Posts Per Day: 1.36"

Winning the internets, indeed.
It's an average nut case. My wife was just off several days, see any new posts? Been here for over a year, I posted a lot at first now it's a little trying. For every cool person there are 10 complete idiots. I am sure your accomplishments are legendary, I'll bet you have hundreds of hours of recordings of yourself no one will ever hear. I am sure you think you have a point somewhere. My wife is off tomorrow I probably will not get on the net again I hope that is OK w you.

OH good news, I just changed out my neck pickup in the maple neck Strat to an AP-11, I'll try to get a picture for you.
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fretless View Post

Hard to go wrong w an Ibanez. Nice guitars. Is that an ebony or rosewood fingerboard? I have one of their acoustics. Really like their Satriani and Vai models. I have that Ibanez Tube King pedal (high gain, red box) really a great sounding pedal.
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretless View Post

SoundClick artist: Fretless Jamz - page with MP3 music downloads

Sitting on top of a Trainwreck???????
Old 1st November 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Hard to go wrong w an Ibanez. Nice guitars. Is that an ebony or rosewood fingerboard? I have one of their acoustics. Really like their Satriani and Vai models. I have that Ibanez Tube King pedal (high gain, red box) really a great sounding pedal.
The AH circa '85 has a Ebony board and a very unique neck shape , it plays like butta !
Quote:
Originally Posted by allphourus View Post
Sitting on top of a Trainwreck???????

That is a TW clone , a rocket clone built by a builder over at Amp Garage with a cabinet made by a forumite "Distortion" and well known for his stunning cabs

and a minty '94 Linc Luthier in Macassar Ebony
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear
Oh my God some have posted the same picture more than once, wait till the hall monitor notices.

I just noticed that Ibanez has the Holdsworth design logo on there, pretty cool.

Still love that bass figuring what nice workmanship on that puppy.

Dig that amp and it looks like it has 4 power tubes, maybe EL34, cool, I just do not like all the low wattage amps. I get the easy breakup and distortion clip but Daddy likes wattage for the dynamic headroom and low end punch. There is more to tubes than distortion which seems to be the common desire in the pop market these days.
Old 3rd November 2011
Gear Nut

I love the fact that they put the jack input at the backside of the bass, never seen something like that before, yet it seems so logical if you think about it :p

I have Gibson, Rickenbacker, Ibanez, DeArmond, but my favourite guitar nowadays is my Fender JA 90 Telecaster. It's a signature series from Jimmy Eat World's Jim Adkins..And his name at the back of the headstock is what i like the least :p

I've always loved the look of Telecasters, and have 2 copies..But I'm not really fond of the typical teletwang.. The JA-90 has 2 P90 pickups, i ****ing love them, and they can do any style of music. I also really like the neck.

I like the sound of my Rick 330 a bit more, but as far as playability goes, the 700$ Fender beats the 2500-3000$ Rick (that's what they sell for now, i bought it in Pillarbox Red, seems it's pretty rare these days :p)
Old 4th November 2011
Lives for gear

Nothin' super fancy but it plays how I like.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search