The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Show your FAV GUITAR...
Old 12th October 2012
Lives for gear
This is my newest strat "pick your favorite parts" guitar. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attac...e-img_0908.jpg

I love the Sperzels, Fralin Split Blades, Super Vee Blade Runner, Mighty Mite flamed maple over ash body, and compound radius neck. There is a pull-on for the bridge pickup and a bass roll off on the middle pickup tone. I am still waiting for an Earvana nut. I will post a better pic of my first one, the red strat, asap. That one started out as a DiMarzio kit in 1980, though only the body remains from that. It was natural for 25 years and then once it looked too beat to gig (upscale gigs! Sheesh! at least the pay was great), I had it sanded down and a couple gouges filled, and then my pal Tim Jagmin dyed it in cherry stain. When I got it back it looked like it cost 10X more! LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-img_0913.jpg  

Last edited by mcintalker; 12th October 2012 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: additional clarity
Old 13th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Since we have such an interesting thread of cool pedalboards, I though there must be some great looking and tone monster guitars out there and we all like to show pictures of our kids...

my fave looks pretty much like this one (I have to take photos) it's a Gibson Custom Shop 56 Goldtop w/ P90s and Bigsby... just like the one my favorite guitarist/producer plays...

Old 13th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantraSky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
So what is this??? What a jewel!!
Nice guitar. Looks like a TA.
Old 13th October 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearAndGuitars View Post
my fave looks pretty much like this one (I have to take photos) it's a Gibson Custom Shop 56 Goldtop w/ P90s and Bigsby... just like the one my favorite guitarist/producer plays...

David Gilmore?

VP
Old 14th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
David Gilmore?

VP
daniel lanois

...and other variations on it here...

The Gear Page - View Single Post - Daniel Lanois/Black Dub tour & gear
Old 8th November 2012
Gear Head

My customs I love and use :

Old 13th November 2012
Gear Head

This is at the top of the heap. No question about it. Look at the flame on that one... It's just... It's quite unbelievable.
Old 13th November 2012
Here for the gear

Thoughts? its a home made strat with fender vintage noiseless pickups
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear
I love making my own guitars, there is a special link to the instrument you get from creation that another one just does not have. My other axes are prettier but making your own is a real hoot.
I've been looking to change my pickups and it seems the best thing going are the Dimazio Area 58 for the neck. They say these have more life and tone than the Fender Noiseless. Not much talk on pickups around here. I currently have some older style Carvin AP11s w Fralin baseplates that have been really nice but I am looking for some tone change and the Dimarzio's are dead quiet and people rave over them.
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

My one-off G&L ASAT and my PRS Singlecut...

Old 25th November 2012
Lives for gear
New mod on my kit guitar I built. Added Dimarzio Area 58 in the bridge. Sweet pickups, as quiet as the HB in the bridge.
The best single coil I have used. Not overtly powerful but well balanced and toneful.
Old 27th November 2012
Gear Head

A few of my favorite guitars

This are my main guitars I use in the studio. They all sound different. I like the ones with Joe Barden pickups(red start and black with scalloped necks)I use Warmoth neck in all the strats because they build them to my specs. I like the tallest stainless steel frets that you can buy. The Strat with the maple neck is my newest build and I've been enjoying playing it lately. It has EMG-S pick ups which sound nice and bright.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-my-guitars.jpg  
Old 28th November 2012
Lives for gear

Second Strat mod my Carvin custom DC127 3 single coil 5 way. Added the Dimarzio Area '58 in the neck, this took some work, had to modify the pickup trimming the base flange eyelet plate off. Sounds amazing. The dual rails are great but I find them too powerful for the neck. The Dimarzio is dead quiet. Also has a Tonestyler tone control w 16 position high end cut and bypass.
Old 1st December 2012
Gear Head

The Loar LH-309-VS

My favorite guitar for jazz - which is mostly what I play. I'm a HUGE fan of the sound of early Jim Hall, Kenny Burrell, and some other jazz cats who used P90s. Here's my The Loar LH-309-VS - a great blues guitar too!
Old 2nd December 2012
Gear Maniac

this one is currently my favorite and it's not a neck breaker...

Old 26th February 2013
Gear Addict

Old 26th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretless View Post

Looks good, I am going to start a project like that soon.

VP
Old 26th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Looks good, I am going to start a project like that soon.

VP
I had a lot of fun building that guitar . It sounds fantastic too , oh btw that is a Precision Kits from Canada , great folks to deal with .
Precision Guitar Kits |
Old 27th February 2013
Lives for gear

This is a Carvin Kit (USA) all unfinished pieces. I mod them somewhat added a neck on bypass to get 9 position tone and a Dimarzio Area '58 in the neck which I had to modify the base to get it to fit. Love building kits. This Strat w an ebony board is just too cool. Sperzel locking tuners, black chrome hardware, and a lot of neck shim tilt work I did to get the action suburb. Finish is not as cool as my factory customs but I love this guitar so much. This one is about 10 yrs old now, the new kits are even better and you can upgrade your woods if you like, even Koa or Swamp Ash and such.
Old 7th March 2013
Here for the gear
This is my '94 Rickenbacker 360 in Fire-Glo, and it has been played and played and played (unlike a lot of Rics) - it's got lots more dings than the photos show I go back and forth between this one and my Les Paul Special most of the time...but this one's definitely the looker and will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first nice guitar I bought myself after going through a few years of severe financial hardship (during which I had to sell all the other really nice guitars I had), so it will always be an important guitar for me.

Old 7th March 2013
Lives for gear
@ fretless Thanks for posting that link Precision Guitar Kits |
I was telling a student about various kits and didn't know about them. Several pals were very interested to find out about them, after I shared it. Your guitars look great and I like thinking at this point in my life I can build (kits, but still) an LP or a Jr.
Michael
Though that gorgeous ES-5 would be a life-time keeper guitar! It just dawned on me how similar to an L5, it is. I love the L5 (venetian cut for me), and have since watching Jerry Miller with Moby Grape in '68.
Old 8th March 2013

An Ernie Ball Music Man Big AL Bass. Built for me as a gift from Sterling Ball, and the members of the Ernie Ball Music Man Internet forum.
I have Several of them now, but nothing is as great as the first.
Old 8th March 2013

An Ernie Ball Music Man Big AL Bass. Built for me as a gift from Sterling Ball, and the members of the Ernie Ball Music Man Internet forum.
I have Several of them now, but nothing is as great as the first.
Old 12th March 2013
Gear Maniac

It would have to be two now... to the right: my FAV guitar for 5 years (PRS Standard 22), to the left today's arrival (PRS 25th McCarty NF) with a strong claim to the throne...

Old 12th March 2013
Gear Maniac

//Edit: I have no idea why this double-posted... sorry...
Old 26th March 2013
Here for the gear

Two of my favorites. One is made out of an oil box and the other is more of a resonator lap steel made out of various harley parts.
Attached Thumbnails
Show your FAV GUITAR...-imageuploadedbygearslutz1364308936.489157.jpg   Show your FAV GUITAR...-imageuploadedbygearslutz1364308951.536988.jpg  
Old 27th March 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dergit View Post
//Edit: I have no idea why this double-posted... sorry...
owner has a delete option before it gets too old
happens sometimes
I wish some would learn to resize their pics on picture editor, compress to WEBPAGE size else we get these giant pics that stretch the screen size.
Old 14th April 2013
Gear Nut

My fav is this 94 MIJ Fender Strat. I've put Suhr V60LP pup in it. Plays and sounds great. I switched out the flower pickguard, too many flowers

The other guitar is a 70's Aria LP copy. The body is heavily routed and the top is glued on. Surprisingly it sounds great but more like a hollowbody type tone. The neck pup is great for jazz, think the bridge is a dimarzio. Sounds ok but the neck is where it's at.

Show your FAV GUITAR...-guitars.jpg
Old 14th April 2013
Lives for gear
@darkhorse What size would that be? My wife is the graphic's artist-photographer at our house, but she is teaching me more all the time and I now know how to resize pics, so I'd like to know.
Thanks Michael
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search