The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chandler Germ and Devil pedals shipping! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

Chandler Germ and Devil pedals shipping!

HI there!
We are starting to ship Little Devil and Germ pedals today!

Our new website is almost up so here is a little screen shot of pics and info. Working hard to get it finished and posted!
Below are a few quotes from beta testers.
Best wishes
Wade

"I was looking for great fuzz guitar and bass on some recent projects, and this thing just nailed it. I have a dozen boutique fuzz pedals, and I went through several to try and get the sound we were looking for, and in each case, tried the Devil last, and it just obliterated the others. Amazingly, there's nuance to the distortion, and it allows the player's articulation to really poke through the wall of sound. Even with the simple controls, it's highly versatile in attitude and voicing."
Ryan Hewitt (Avett Brothers, Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

"I recently had the good fortune to visit Chandler and try Wades new pedals. I’m a little at a loss for words but I will do my best to describe my initial reactions. First off the quality is what you would expect from Chandler and that is nothing short of the best (and I was plying on a prototype!). I will say for both they seem incredibly transparent. I do not hear a stomp box between the guitar and the amp but rather it brings out new sounds, textures, and character (it is a Chandler product after all). I tried it on a few vintage low watt ams a Marshal, and and AC30. These boxes were so flexible they could bring out the best qualities of each combination of amp and speaker. They are so dialed in it’s simple. After finding a pre-set that works with your amp you have further options of sculpting the tone using feedback drive and boost range. The Germanium is fat and smooth as you may expect wile the Little Devil (my favorite) is aggressive and can get almost squishy if you push it that much. The bring tone to to the next level. To sum it all up these are so much more than just boost pedals they are tone enhancers."
Mark Gustafson (FOH cheap trick)

"Pretty impressive and unique pedals. The workmanship is quite impressive. The are totally unique sounding. They give everything a very '70's plexi Marshall type of tint. They have been especially effective feeding into an AC30. I love them on keyboards. The little Devil seems a bit more versatile but the Germanium has a very unique sound. In tone it was amazing with a Nord Lead or even a synth organ tone. Great work. Totally amazing sound as always."
Joe chiccarelli

"I got to try both the Little Devil and the Germ pedals last week....they were super fun to play through !! The Devil got into some great rock tones, and as the rotary knob was turned the tone started to 'give' in a cool way -- kind of like compression but not quite. The Germanium felt like it was very easy to get great solo sounds that really sang. Really made me want to play guitar all night !!"
John Paterno
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Devil page.jpg (124.1 KB, 627 views) File Type: jpg Germ page.jpg (122.4 KB, 625 views)
Old 1st September 2011
Lives for gear

i will possess
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

oh no! i didn't even know these were in the works
and for a while there i thought my pedalboard was complete. damn you Wade!

btw some demo vids would be cool....
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaclypse View Post

I'll second both of those.

What's the story with these and bass guitar?
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaclypse View Post
oh no! i didn't even know these were in the works

We started on vids yesterday. Had to wait until we had final versions of the pedals. I dont think it should take to long. Feel free to suggest some types of sounds you would like to hear. It would help a bunch!
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquared View Post
I'll second both of those.

What's the story with these and bass guitar?
Had good success on bass...I only have a B15 here but we were pleasantly surprised!
Old 2nd September 2011
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

would love to hear the little devil on some synths if possible.
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

Dare I ask how much $ these are going for? Veerrrrryyyy intriguing
Old 2nd September 2011
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
We started on vids yesterday. Had to wait until we had final versions of the pedals. I dont think it should take to long. Feel free to suggest some types of sounds you would like to hear. It would help a bunch!

i think the best pedal demo vids just show the range of tones that a pedal is capable of. i would just like to hear what each setting sounds like, if possible.
also hearing what they sound like with both humbuckers and single coils is helpful.
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Addict

+1 for both on synths pleaseee
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
HI there!
We are starting to ship Little Devil and Germ pedals today!
very cool.
look forward to trying one out, the Germanium is my absolute favorite electric guitar preamp.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks for the thoughts. We will try to get some synth video going. We'll have to finish the guitar ones first but will get right on synth after that. I know Joe Chiccarelli had good success with them on keys....

Street price is about $335 on them.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Hey Wade, i'm very excited to try out the little devil pedal. So how does this work? When the original thread came out I remember contacting you via PM to get on a preorder list of some sort. So, how do we go about purchasing? I saw that VK had them up and got pretty excited knowing that they were close to completion. Please let those of us on the list know how to proceed. Thanks. - paul
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

HI Paul-
VK and Sweetwater have some on the way to them. All the people that contacted us will be getting emails about getting their hands on them, so either drop me a mail or look for a mail from your dealer about them!
Thanks!!!!
W
[email protected]
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
HI Paul-
VK and Sweetwater have some on the way to them. All the people that contacted us will be getting emails about getting their hands on them, so either drop me a mail or look for a mail from your dealer about them!
Thanks!!!!
W
[email protected]
Thanks for the response Wade. You've got mail - paul
Old 3rd September 2011
Gear Maniac

How about a new Culture Vulture type distortion/overdrive studio processor from CL?

It would be cool if Chandler or somebody made s balanced/unbalanced single space rack stereo unit that did not need an external power supply that did what the Thermionic Culture Vulture does but better while adding Chanlder Limited's features that have shown up on some of their other unique pieces.

The controls would include:

Drive
Bias
HPF (variable knob)
LPF ( variable knob)
Single band of variable frequency passive boost EQ to push the midrange.
Mix control (blend the processed signal with the dry original)
Triode/Pentode tube selection
Compression (simple compression circuit with fast and slow attack and release selections on switches)
Feedback control

A unit like this would sell like crazy, especially if it has chicken head knobs!
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
It would be cool if Chandler or somebody made s balanced/unbalanced single space rack stereo unit that did not need an external power supply that did what the Thermionic Culture Vulture does but better while adding Chanlder Limited's features that have shown up on some of their other unique pieces.

The controls would include:

Drive
Bias
HPF (variable knob)
LPF ( variable knob)
Single band of variable frequency passive boost EQ to push the midrange.
Mix control (blend the processed signal with the dry original)
Triode/Pentode tube selection
Compression (simple compression circuit with fast and slow attack and release selections on switches)
Feedback control

A unit like this would sell like crazy, especially if it has chicken head knobs!
Thats a tall order Bob heh
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear

Really looking forward to the vids! I also can't wait to try one out. Hopefully Long & McQuade will get these in before I move to NZ.

Edit: Hmm. Looks like niether L&M or Tom Lee are going to have this. Doesn't mean I'm not going to get one that's for sure.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniaclown View Post
Really looking forward to the vids! I also can't wait to try one out. Hopefully Long & McQuade will get these in before I move to NZ.

Edit: Hmm. Looks like niether L&M or Tom Lee are going to have this. Doesn't mean I'm not going to get one that's for sure.
Im not sure why L&M wouldnt have them :-/
Ill check into it....
W
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hey Wade! Thanks. I was pretty sure they would have them because they are listed on your site, and I have been in there many times drooling over the germanium mic pre.

Maybe they don't have them yet, or haven't told their guitar employees that they are getting them.
Old 4th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Light View Post
Dare I ask how much $ these are going for? ..
335 street it seems. Haven't seen an EU price yet though, could be spency. The Homebrew Germania 44 that I currently use is less than half the price. It doesn't have a feedback knob though.

Looking forward to sound clips!
Old 4th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Im not sure why L&M wouldnt have them :-/
Ill check into it....
W
Credit when it's due: the Long and McQuade closest to me has been doing a great job getting boutique gear in for me and the pricing has been competitive, great work Mitch in GPR...

KC
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniaclown View Post
Hey Wade! Thanks. I was pretty sure they would have them because they are listed on your site, and I have been in there many times drooling over the germanium mic pre.

Maybe they don't have them yet, or haven't told their guitar employees that they are getting them.
No problem. They usually have all our stuff. Info on the new stuff has been slow because we finished the products and product info late in the game!
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thats a tall order Bob heh
That was quite a tall order. However, a rack version of the pedals might be quite tempting, especially if the were compatible with the chandler power supply. However, I think the pedals are great and will likely be giving them a go, regardless of their form factor.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapehiss View Post
..However, a rack version of the pedals ..
I think we are in general need of a new analog racked multi-effect with just the basics: (simple) overdrive, delay, phase, chorus, perhaps even spring reverb. In other words, something that applies both to guitars di/mic'ed, synths and vocals, so it should have a line level input too, and wet/clean pseudo-stereo, true stereo being too expensive I imagine.

Have been drawing one on paper can't make it myself though I'd love to get some pedals off the floor and replace that with a 1/2U-rack unit.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapehiss View Post
That was quite a tall order. However, a rack version of the pedals might be quite tempting, especially if the were compatible with the chandler power supply. However, I think the pedals are great and will likely be giving them a go, regardless of their form factor.
The Devil 500 pre can do the stuff the pedal does if you are looking for super color. They are based on the same circuit...granted level, voltage, and impedance play into how the sound comes out the other end....
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHayduke View Post
I think we are in general need of a new analog racked multi-effect with just the basics: (simple) overdrive, delay, phase, chorus, perhaps even spring reverb. In other words, something that applies both to guitars di/mic'ed, synths and vocals, so it should have a line level input too, and wet/clean pseudo-stereo, true stereo being too expensive I imagine.

Have been drawing one on paper can't make it myself though I'd love to get some pedals off the floor and replace that with a 1/2U-rack unit.
Im with you on that. We are just starting into pedals so we'll have to see where it leads!
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I like my Pigtronix Philosophers Tone Germanium a lot! Compression and Germainium drive and a blend control with the clean guitar signal makes it a powerful front end onto an amp.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing your pedal demoes Wade. Germanium really adds a sonically involving aspect to overdriven guitar tones. I love it! ;-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search