The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chandler Germ and Devil pedals shipping! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortisol View Post
I like my Pigtronix Philosophers Tone Germanium a lot! Compression and Germainium drive and a blend control with the clean guitar signal makes it a powerful front end onto an amp.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing your pedal demoes Wade. Germanium really adds a sonically involving aspect to overdriven guitar tones. I love it! ;-)
Yeah germanium is sweet. Our pedal is a much different application of germanium than those out there and I think/hope people will like it!

I think we should have video demos finished this week!
W
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Yeah germanium is sweet. Our pedal is a much different application of germanium than those out there and I think/hope people will like it!

I think we should have video demos finished this week!
W
hi wade so could you maybe give us a rundown of the design philosophy and difference between the germanium and the little devils?

many thanks
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnu View Post
hi wade so could you maybe give us a rundown of the design philosophy and difference between the germanium and the little devils?

many thanks
Sure!
A lot of the difference comes down to that they are simply different amplifiers that create different sounds. Add to that the Germanium sound differences and they each have their own thing.
I wanted to do feedback on both because the preset feedbacks make a huge difference in the tone selection. The Feedback on the Devil also controls bias which adds to the differences in the pedals. One thing I dont like about distortion/boost pedals is that they tend to sound mushy and are not something you can use in a positive way all the time...You have to choose your battles. These are meant to be turned on and become part of your sound.
Both are very colored with the germ having a sweet, smooth tone and the Devil being more in your face and aggressive...
Let me know if that helps....
W
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Addict

Looks very interesting, and I'll certainly be a purchaser.

Wade, we give you TALL orders because every time you come out of the gate smoking with beautiful gear that defies the "norm".....

you are the king of tall orders!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by always_ending View Post
Looks very interesting, and I'll certainly be a purchaser.

Wade, we give you TALL orders because every time you come out of the gate smoking with beautiful gear that defies the "norm".....

you are the king of tall orders!
Hahaha! You are way to kind :-) BUT thank you!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

I couldn't decide which to buy first so I flipped a coin. It came up Germ. Here's hoping it doesn't get tossed in the storage bin like the 100's before it.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

So, people, any hope to listen to some samples???
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAVD View Post
I couldn't decide which to buy first so I flipped a coin. It came up Germ. Here's hoping it doesn't get tossed in the storage bin like the 100's before it.
I hope not as well!
hahah!
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustGL View Post
So, people, any hope to listen to some samples???
We are working on them now. Hoping to have some finished this week but I would think for sure by the first few days next week.
Old 7th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
We are working on them now. Hoping to have some finished this week but I would think for sure by the first few days next week.
I will sertainly order them! I wrote you.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

My Little Devil Pedal is on it's way to me. - paul
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffmachine View Post
My Little Devil Pedal is on it's way to me. - paul
Nice job Wade I just got mine today, and it sounds great! I haven't had much time with it, but it's definitely got the color/personality of the Little Devil EQ which is wonderful! I love using that EQ on guitars, and having a relative of it already in my guitar chain is exactly what i wanted. I love that you can tweak the distortion from subtle to aggressive, and from defined to kind of fuzz like. It's also very quiet, and the color it adds is so great. It really enhanced the signal and gave it a bit more life much like the EQ does when I initially patch it in. Very cool. So far, it's very different sounding and much more tweakable than the clean boost i was using. I can't wait to tweak more, but finding the right blend was pretty easy for me. I can't see myself playing without this now. Very, very tasty pedal. Thanks a bunch!

Thanks a bunch for this Paul!
:-) :-) :-)
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Wanted to post a face book message from Steven Dembroski. Thanks so much for the kind words Steven!

"Hi Wade - I got Little Devil Boost #5 this afternoon. Dude, this thing is so much better than anything else on the market I'm beside myself. I've been playing and recording for well over 30 years and I have never heard a pedal wake up an amp like this. Seriously, well done! Your other pedal is on order, and I can't wait until it gets here. I really wish you the best of luck selling a million of these. My wife came in after a few minutes and said, "What did you change? Your guitar sounds great!" Ha! Thanks again Wade, you've made an amazing musical device! I couldn't be happier with it."
Old 17th September 2011
Version 2 request: cv input to control output gain by pedal!
Wish I'd thought to mention that in the old thread, sorry.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny View Post
Version 2 request: cv input to control output gain by pedal!
Wish I'd thought to mention that in the old thread, sorry.
I have experimented with an output control...In most cases I found I did not need it...We'll see!!!!
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have experimented with an output control...In most cases I found I did not need it...We'll see!!!!
I have to admit, I was wondering about this as well but I thought I'd wait until I got the pedal before asking. I'm guessing it would be useful if you want dime the level control to get more distortion? Or maybe the amp stays linear and it makes no difference? I figured I'd try it in front of a volume pedal first and if warranted, put a concentric pot in place of the level control. At the very least, it seems like a good excuse to use those cool stacked chicken head knobs.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
.. I'm guessing it would be useful if you want dime the level control to get more distortion? ...
And why not just use the knob?

I personally have a hard time seeing why anyone would want the extra expense in these? In modulation pedals it makes much more sense imo.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have to admit, I was wondering about this as well but I thought I'd wait until I got the pedal before asking. I'm guessing it would be useful if you want dime the level control to get more distortion? Or maybe the amp stays linear and it makes no difference? I figured I'd try it in front of a volume pedal first and if warranted, put a concentric pot in place of the level control. At the very least, it seems like a good excuse to use those cool stacked chicken head knobs.
I big part of how the unit sounds is how it drives the amp so I felt it did not need an output. Its intended use is slamming the amp with the class A circuit of the pedal and turning that down tends to make it lose it mojo....That said Im open to whatever people feel is useful so will keep an eye on it!
Cheers
W
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

I finally got a chance to mess around with my germ pedal today. The drive and feedback controls don't change the output level like I expected them to so yeah, no need for the level control. It sounds great. There's probably room to explore additional frequencies of with range switch, but I suspect you could go mad as a result.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I finally got a chance to mess around with my germ pedal today. The drive and feedback controls don't change the output level like I expected them to so yeah, no need for the level control. It sounds great. There's probably room to explore additional frequencies of with range switch, but I suspect you could go mad as a result.

Thanks man!
We are almost done with the video for those of you waiting for sound clips....
Old 3rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Heres a youtube vid of the Devil pedal in action. We have the setting pretty extreme on it but you'll get the idea :-)

Chandler Limited- Little Devil Colored Boost pedal demo - YouTube
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search