The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
In the Market for some rack gear... Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 31st August 2011
Here for the gear

In the Market for some rack gear...

Hey Everybody!

First time Forum member here looking for help and guidance!

As of recently I am now looking into buying some new gear (as well as making use of what i already have) to make my rig work better for me and pretty much end the tap dancing i've been doing for the last few years.

Just some of the product types I'm thinking getting are as follows...

Power Conditioner
Wireless
Rack Tuner
Pedal power supply
Audio Switcher
Midi foot Controller

I currently own a fair amount of effects pedals that i'd like to use as much of as possible. what my vision currently is (as it stands) is to have a pedalboard which quite literally consists of my Tremonti wah and the MFC out in front and then all the other effects I use as part of my sound in the rack along with all the other equipment.

What I would like have is Your opinions, comments and suggestions as to which products you feel may or may not work for me. Cost isn't an issue because IF the products are not only reliable and will do the Job I want them to do then imo I think it's well worth putting good money into it!

Regards!
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Guru

Try Rack Systems Ltd.
Old 2nd September 2011
Here for the gear

hmm. been trying to find the official website or some contact details. but alas google hasn't been helpful =/

any other suggestions/help would be great! Thanks

Mikeyprs
Old 3rd September 2011
Lives for gear
Dave Friedman and Bob Bradshaw are great, but you'll pay through the nose and there's usually a wait.

Couple of other options that suit exactly what you want to do:
RJM Music Technology, Inc. Product Listing - Audio Loop Switchers, Function Switchers and more!

Voodoo Lab and their Ground Control other units
Voodoo Lab - Ground Control Pro - Midi Foot Controller
Voodoo Lab - GCX Audio Switcher
Old 3rd September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Dave Friedman and Bob Bradshaw are great, but you'll pay through the nose and there's usually a wait.

Couple of other options that suit exactly what you want to do:
RJM Music Technology, Inc. Product Listing - Audio Loop Switchers, Function Switchers and more!

Voodoo Lab and their Ground Control other units
Voodoo Lab - Ground Control Pro - Midi Foot Controller
Voodoo Lab - GCX Audio Switcher
lol, yeah I would have thought you'd be pay out a helluva lot to either of those guys to configure a rig for you but trying to find some form of contact details is a B***H lol!

As for those products bro, It was the RG-16 by RJM music that got into the idea of putting a rack based rig together as it probably would make like simpler being able to stomp on one button and switch shiz up from one extreme to another!

My question is however.. Can the Voodoo labs control just as much functions etc as the RG-16 or the newer Rack Gizmo?!

Regards,

Mikeyprs
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search