Will a good buffer only pedal screw up a filter?
Old 21st May 2011
Lives for gear

Will a good buffer only pedal screw up a filter?

Been considering putting a Wampler Buffer in front of my chain, anyone think this will effect the dynamic response or touch of my envelope filter I have front of chain? Wampler Buffer is just in/out, no controls, no gain, unity level. Any think it will actually help the signal stability into the unit?
Old 28th May 2011
Lives for gear
If it doesn't change the dynamics (no compression) it shouldn't change the function of the envelope generator.
Old 30th May 2011
Lives for gear

Sweet, that is what I was thinking. Should actually improve the tracking response dynamic by it stepping down the impedance. I am leaning towards the straight always on no knob Wampler or the Boost&Buff by MI Audio that has a switchable boost when you are not trying to use the filter. The MI Audio sounds like a great pedal that can run on as high as 24v.

I am just digging my new Q Tron Plus, getting this wicked cool Superstitious Mutron tone and some wacked old Trower tones, what a fun pedal to mess with.

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search