The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is there something wrong with my Orange Tiny Terror?? (Clip included)
Old 24th February 2011
Gear Nut

Is there something wrong with my Orange Tiny Terror?? (Clip included)

I bought a new Tiny Terror head, albeit a floor model as it's all the store had, the other week.

However, the other day I noticed a strange sort of buzzing (and most recently, even some cutting out). First I thought I was paranoid because it was a floor model and that this sounds must be natural "Orange Saturation," but then I kept hearing it.

Please note that this happens with different cables, and there are no pedals in this chain. Guitar > Amp (I wouldn't have it any other way).

Anyway, the amp doesn't always do this, but I quickly threw a mic on the cab when I heard it today. Should I return this immediately and tell them to order me a new one?

BTW, on the clip you can hear it AND hear the amp return to normal...no settings were changed. Also, my other amps don't do this so I know it's not the guitar.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files

Tiny Terror Issue.mp3 (412.7 KB, 1168 views)

Old 25th February 2011
how long had the amp been on before this recording? it sounds like the preamp tube is being starved, or not warmed up completely. also, does it happen on half power and full power?
Old 25th February 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrieves View Post
how long had the amp been on before this recording? it sounds like the preamp tube is being starved, or not warmed up completely. also, does it happen on half power and full power?

Hey, thanks for the listen and the response. The amp was probably only on for about 10 minutes. That said, it seems to happen when the amp has been on for a while.

This was recorded at full power, 15W, but I haven't had this problem at 7W.
Old 25th February 2011
interesting, sounds like it needs a look over by a tech. it may be as simple as bad solder connection, or there may be something faulty with a component. i know it's a floor model, but you might check if the warranty is good, or if you might be able to exchange it at the music store. in the mean time, just use it in the other power setting. sorry i can't be more help.
Old 25th February 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrieves View Post
interesting, sounds like it needs a look over by a tech. it may be as simple as bad solder connection, or there may be something faulty with a component. i know it's a floor model, but you might check if the warranty is good, or if you might be able to exchange it at the music store. in the mean time, just use it in the other power setting. sorry i can't be more help.
Thanks for your advice. I'm within my 30-day policy so I'm sure I can work something out. thumbsup
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search