The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitar head In control room, cab in live room
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been covered before but I wanted to dabble into myself and see what I can gather.

What I want to achieve is to have a guitar players head in the control room with me so I can tweak settings, and have it drive his cabinet out in the live room. How is this possible and is there a way to utilize the snake that runs between the two rooms rather than running another cable (probably not a good idea with amp out thru mic Xlr but...). Any suggestions?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

I ran 4 speaker-cable runs between the back of my control room and my iso/drum room. I can have 4 heads/cabs running - works great.
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

Good call! However, I want to eliminate the need to run another cable if I can. As I think about it, thats probably not a possibility because of the load it has to carry.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steetz View Post
Good call! However, I want to eliminate the need to run another cable if I can. As I think about it, thats probably not a possibility because of the load it has to carry.
Exactly.. I had seen enough people do it, that it was an obvious 'thing to do' when I built my little rooms here (and my favorite amp is painfully loud, and I don't like to be in the same room).

Unfortunately - it's something you probably had to do when you ran your snakes.. so it may be a pain to pull speaker lines, unless you left yourself some conduit.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search