The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SoftStep Universal Midi pedal? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Head

SoftStep Universal Midi pedal?

Anyone tried this? I was thinking about it, it sounds cool, you can essentially program one of the buttons to act as a wah or another one to change the rate of a rotary pedal. I just don't have enough info on it aside from the company's videos on their website.

I guess with the midi expander you can pair it up with a lot of outboard gear, but atm i'll only be using it with guitar rig and Reaper.

As of right now I'm using a padKontrol that I cleverly placed on the ground.

Old 17th April 2011
Gear Addict

I'm curious about the same thing and how well it works in Logic pro to control Amplitube and logics own amp sims. Also, it would be AWESOME if there's a way to program it so you can use it on inserts in logic, and not limit it to "midi controlled effects."
Old 20th April 2011
Gear Head

I heard the programming software is a bit buggy. That's a shame. This is a piece of equipment that you should wait several revisions to obtain.

For whatever it's worth, my padkontrol seems to be making a fine foot pedal for me. I just added some rubber grommets to elevate some of the pads. I can't do any of the fancy modulations as in the softstep, but I doubt even the softsteps modulation parameters are completely practical.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search