The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking to clean out my closet
Old 2nd January 2011
Looking to clean out my closet

I know this is a very opinionated question I'm about to ask but hey, I'll I'll give it a try. I'm trying to clear out some of my guitar equipment so I can afford the UA 4-710d, right now all I have is a stock 002r so the UA would greatly benefit my sound quality. I record mostly punk and rock stuff. What in this list would you sell or keep?

As of right now I have a Mesa Triple Rec. with 4x12 cab, a Marshall TSL100 with jcm800 cab, a Gibson Les Paul studio (the silverburst with coil tapping), a Epiphone Les Paul custom, a Fender Tom Delonge strat, a USA standard jazz bass, and a Mexican p-bass.

I'm also down for trade down examples like, "trade the triple for a tiny terror plus cash" kinda thing. Note too I have Eleven and am very pleased with it so far!

Thanks!
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear
well you know the obvious is sell what you don't use the most. I don't know what that gear sounds like. I use to have a dual rectifier,so I can vouch is a pretty cool amp, but that recto cab is huge and just wouldn't work in my tiny studio.

I always liked the P bass, but I don't know is the mexican made that different. I have an old usa Fender P bass and love it.

I wouldn't sell the gibson, they just keep going up in price and when you want to buy another one down the road you better have some cash.

Good luck
Old 12th January 2011
Gear Head

if i were you-
dump the epi- you have a gibson, useeeee it!!!!
dump the mesa cab. if you have 2 heads you probs dont need 2 cabs. i prefer the bass response of a marshall cab much more so than mesa, as does the classic offspring set up of the 90s. mesa on a marshall equals gold. go for it
Old 13th January 2011
Lives for gear
I agree that you can get by with one cab, I think you have to decide which one. I'd keep the JCM800 because they're cooler and harder to find but YMMV. I'd also dump one head, probably the Marshall. I think the Triple Rec is better put together and will hold it's value better. If you need Marshall style crunch, buy it in a pedal...

For guitars, I'd get rid of the Epi or the LP, they cover too much of the same ground. And I'd lose one bass or the other, whichever you're not too attached to. Unfortunately, that's not going to net you enough for the 710-4 but it'll get you started...
Old 8th February 2011
I've decided to sell the mesa cab and marshall head. Is $550 for the mesa a good deal? I've got a guy who literally wants to pick it up tomorrow from craigslist.
Old 8th February 2011
Lives for gear
Which mesa 412 cab? $550 may be a little low but it's not terrible for you and he'll be happy. I'd also sell the Marshall head, they're not great and they're impossible to fix if they break. Also the Epi or Gibson LPs, keep the one that plays and sounds better...
Old 8th February 2011
I believe it's just a standard cab. I bought it used from GC about 1.5 years ago for $600
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search