The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alternative to Godin Nylon Channel Strip Plugins
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Alternative to Godin Nylon

Hello,

I have a nylon spanish guitar Admira. I installed on it a Highlander pick up and a mic.It sound very natural. The problem is I need a eq. to have control over the feedback.

For that reason, I would like to have a second guitar, to use in case I play with a noisy band. I was thinking in a Godin Nylon. I tried the cheap ones (900 euros) ACS model?, I like the touch but the sound is very thin. I don´t know if it is very different than Multiac Nylon, which are more expensive, but the question is that the sound through AER amp was very thin comparing with Highlander pick up.

I want to know:

1) Have the more expensive Godin nylon fatter sound than the cheaper?
2) Do you know any alternative to Godin, with a fuller sound?

thanks
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Well, I can answer to myself. Any fat spanish guitar, like Admira or Alhambra with Fishman pick up sound more interesting,IMMO, for my music, than Godin. I change the Fishman pick up for Highlander, and the Highlander meant a real improve in the sound of spanish guitar, but now I have problems with feedback, as I said.

It would be interesting to keep Fishman in my old guitar, but is not possible to install both pickup at the same time.

People says the shape of guitar has not influence in the piezo sound guitar. Perhaps it is in my mind, but I feel that piezo of thin guitar sound thinner than piezo of fat guitar.??
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Sadowsky but it's $$$$
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

If you are getting feedback, you might try a feedback supressor in the soundhole. And I have a Godin Nylon...never liked that guitar. Bad feel, bad sound..average midi response.
L.
Old 2nd January 2011
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

Better than Godin

Try Kirk Sand's guitars. They are not cheap but Kirk is an excellent builder with a long well known client list. Great sounding guitars.

Do You Play Sand Guitars? | Sand Guitars, Laguna Beach California
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks, well I listended Rick Turner´s and it looks different, but I am afraid it is not easy to find in Spain.

I tried supressor feedback in the soundhole but I don´t like because this is a wall between my highlander mic and the strings.
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Maniac

I have a Godin Multiac as well as an Alhambra 10p. They sound nothing alike without a fair bit of tweaking. The Godin must be run through a Fishman Aura, and both the treble and bass rolled off somewhat. I also have found that the anti-feedback option on the Aura makes things too thin-sounding overall as well. If I have an issue with a particular frequency, I prefer to eq. The Multiac sounds very convincing, especially in a band situation, but solo it will never quite sound like my Alhambra.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search