The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Head for Shredders Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 15th December 2010
Gear Addict

Head for Shredders

Just curious to know what type of amps/setups you shredders are currently using

I just purchased a Carvin 2X12 with V30’s which prompted my to break out my Triple Rectifier… I love this amp for heavy rhythms and the clean tone is great.. I can also pull off that bluesy SRV sound… But I DON'T like it so much for leads/shredding

I actually prefer my Pod Pro Rack or Peavey Bandit 112 practice amp.. I feel like the Rectifier does not have enough sustain when doing legato type runs or bends… I tired 3 of my guitars and the only one which sounds good/decent was my RG770DX which has a Air Norton/TZ combo… My other guitars (RBM10 EMG’s 18v, RG770FM IBZF2, IBZF4)… didn’t fair so well with the lead playing

I also put an tube screamer in the chain and was still not satitsfied...
Old 16th December 2010
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Addict

Hi.

I like rectos for one thing!...chug-chug-chug. I never could get mine to sing and scream the way I wanted. I also disliked the exceedingly hard/jagged feel. But for massive rhythm guitar, hell yes, you can crack the slab of your house with them.

I use a few different rigs but I like my '78 JMP 2203 > MF400 4x12 better than just about anything I have ever played. The head is running on 6550s. The cab might take a little getting used to for some Marshall players because it is not squishy or hazy like some old cabs especially those with worn greenbacks. The G12K100s make for a big 'n tight sounding cab with firm lows and great definition. This rig will show mistakes and make a person clean up their chops, but it's worth it. With a Mesa V1 bottle rocket overdrive in front this rig is very versatile and will sing, scream and howl until sweet chills go up your back. The only drawback (to some people) might be that it's louder than a 747 when dialed in the sweet spot - although surely a good attenuator could make that a non-issue if needed.
Old 16th December 2010
You'll probably get more singing power ballads, but shredders probably do ok in some cases.
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Addict

lol... good one....
Old 17th December 2010
Lives for gear

Sherlock Fathead.

Best heavy gain sound i've ever heard! Plus the clean is amazing.
Put's a triple Rec to shame.

Sherlock Amps | Guitar Amplifiers & Accessories | Melbourne Australia
Old 24th December 2010
Gear Head

ENGL Powerball + ENGL Standard Slanted 4x12

Startseite (EN)
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search