The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitar RIg 4 is the worlds best amp sim
Old 20th November 2009
Guitar RIg 4 is the worlds best amp sim

I like guitar rig 4 because it sounds good and is inspiring to work with.

The number one thing about it that I cannot live without in the other software is the tape deck. I blow my own mind with the riffs I come up with just messing around with modules.

That being said, if I had the $, I'd buy the amps, and clean signal chain and analog desk and phat mics...

But I made some recordings with the tape deck and imported the .wav's into iTunes (I'm such a name brand *****) and listened to them a day later. No spit, I really had to remember that I wasn't listening to an amp in a room.

I think it's the new 'control room' module it has. Makes all the difference.

To my well-trained ears it sounds like a clean (not noisy) recording of pristinely maintained equipment. Maybe almost a little unattainable to all but the most tricked studios. But hey.. I can always add noise later.

Anyway, I'm sure someone has something nasty to say about this so let's just hear it. I genuinely like Guitar Rig even if some are cooler in other ways or even more 'realistic'. It really is subjective.

If any of you guys like GR in any version, let me know. We'll start a new political party that ROCKS.
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

GR is nice... I like it over line6 and Waves GTR but you do need to tweak it at times and also having a very good quality guitar helps alot as well....
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
GR is nice... I like it over line6 and Waves GTR but you do need to tweak it at times and also having a very good quality guitar helps alot as well....
We have tried Guitarrig for years now , but now we found out how to do feedback with the GTR Stand Alone and the Gitarrig just cant do that yet what we found out and the Ground is one much better pedal
Old 25th November 2009
Here for the gear

I started with sessions 3. Upgraded to GR4 pro not to long ago.

I haven't tried all the amp sims out there and i don't really see the need. GR has it pretty dialed.

I don't use it live but I would consider it if I owned the peddle board.

I have used it on some recordings and although i wouldn't say it will replace the real deal, it sure dose come close.

Great software for any guitarist wanting to get great sounds at low volumes and a fantastic practising tool with it's tape decks and looping capabilities.

LT
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear