The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Egnater Tourmaster 4100
Old 9th November 2009
Lives for gear

Egnater Tourmaster 4100

Looking for some thoughts on this head. I have a chance to trade a Fender Prosonic head for the Eggie but have no direct experience with it. Everything I've read says the Tourmaster is incredibly versatile, which is something that interests me as I would just be using this for recording purposes.

So would you make the trade (my Prosonic + $100)? Keep in mind I already have an Egnater Rebel 20. Would the Tourmaster be a good addition?
Old 9th November 2009
Gear Maniac
I've had mine for about a year and love it! You can get a lot of different sounds out of this amp, it's very versatile sounds really good!
Old 10th November 2009
It's a different beast than the rebel, it's very versatile, and sounds great. but sadly they have build quality issues, I'm on my second one, and that one just blew a power transformer. They also had a real bad run of tubes, so be prepared to retube your amp if you use it for gigs, and there are a lot of tubes in a 4100. If they can get the reliability issue taken care of it's a killer amp
Old 12th November 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks for the input. I'm about to pull the trigger on this trade. I'm really intriqued by the versatility of the Tourmaster. And I'll just be using it for studio work so hopefully the build quality won't be an issue.

Musiclab - I know you said the Rebel is a different beast, but in what way? I was thinking with the addition of the Tourmaster, the Rebel wouldn't get much use and I'd be able to sell it.

Other amps I have include:

Peavey 5150 head
Randall RM20 head with many different modules
Orange Tiny Terror head
Diezel 2x12 cabinet w/V30's
Hughes & Kettner 20th Anniversary Tube Edition 1x12
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Old 13th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Thanks for the input. I'm about to pull the trigger on this trade. I'm really intriqued by the versatility of the Tourmaster. And I'll just be using it for studio work so hopefully the build quality won't be an issue.

Musiclab - I know you said the Rebel is a different beast, but in what way? I was thinking with the addition of the Tourmaster, the Rebel wouldn't get much use and I'd be able to sell it.

Other amps I have include:

Peavey 5150 head
Randall RM20 head with many different modules
Orange Tiny Terror head
Diezel 2x12 cabinet w/V30's
Hughes & Kettner 20th Anniversary Tube Edition 1x12
Tech 21 Trademark 10
the rebel basically switches between either a fender or vox style power. While it is a very nice versatile amp, the tourmaster is a bigger beast, soundwise, it's also I think more versatile. Having said that I wouldn't mind a rebel for the studio
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear