The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Bogner 1x12 or 2x12 .. open or closed back?
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Bogner 1x12 or 2x12 .. open or closed back?

Hi, I'm looking to get a Bogner cab, mainly for pop and rock guitar sounds (in the studio)...I'm not sure whether to go for the 1x12 or 2x12...and also whether to go for open or closed back. Like I said I mainly want it for pop and rock...so great cleans would be a plus...also nice distortions...not looking for any metal sounds though...would be using it with a Shiva head...thanks.
Old 27th June 2009
Gear Guru

I think Bogner may still offer a combo back cab that allows you to run either
configuration.

I'd go for a 2X12 if possible to give you more flexibility in mixing and matching drivers.
Old 27th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMUSIC View Post
Hi, I'm looking to get a Bogner cab, mainly for pop and rock guitar sounds (in the studio)...I'm not sure whether to go for the 1x12 or 2x12...and also whether to go for open or closed back. Like I said I mainly want it for pop and rock...so great cleans would be a plus...also nice distortions...not looking for any metal sounds though...would be using it with a Shiva head...thanks.
I always seem to be partial to closed backs but that's just my taste. If you're just recording with it close mic, a 1x12 would probably do fine but if you think you might like the option of room micing it then I'd go with a 2x12. Now if you're gonna gig with it then I'd go with the 2x12. But I always like things to sound bigger, my 2 cents.
Old 28th June 2009
Gear Addict

OS 2x12. There is magic in that cabinet. You'll need something different than v30s or 75s in it though to get the best for the types of sound you are after.
Old 28th June 2009
Lives for gear

cool thanks for the replies...yea I think i'm going to go with the OS 2x12 with the interchangeable backs (open/closed)..
Old 28th June 2009
Gear Guru

That really is a great choice for flexibility.

Open or closed running Greenies, Blues , Purples, CTS EV's JBL's what ever.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search