The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roller Tune-O-Matic Bridge: sizes variety?
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

Roller Tune-O-Matic Bridge: sizes variety?

I’m thinking to buy one for my LP. And I thought it should be of standard size, but no…
My current ordinary bridge (Schaller) has stud spacing 75mm, string spread 53mm and narrow posts (4mm).
It looks like Shaller’s roller bridge (Schaller Roller Bridge at Stewart-MacDonald) fits the best. Though according to diagram it has 73.99mm stud spacing?! And this parameter is the most critical. If I get wrong, roller bridge just won’t fit posts on my guitar. Also this Shaller roller bridge doesn’t have a reach-through hole like my ordinary bridge…
This one Roller Bridge Chrome BM025 - (eBay item 220147433820 end time Sep-12-07 23:35:54 PDT) has stud spacing 73.5mm and wide posts holes (6mm)
What should I do to pick up a correct roller bridge? Take my bridge to the store and compare it side by side with a roller bridge before buying?

To calculate from millimeters to inches use this link Online Conversion - Common Length Conversions
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search