The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
sunn 190L head..Help me pick speakers
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

sunn 190L head..Help me pick speakers

Hi Slutz,

I need help picking out a speakers for my early 70s Sunn 190L. it’s been broken and in my closet for the last 8 or 9 years and I finally got it fixed. I expect it back in a couple of days so I’d like to order a Cab asap. I don’t really remember what it sounded like when it was working but I do remember that it is very clean and very very loud. From what I‘ve recently this head is a lot like a Fender Bassman and that it is cool for both bass and guitar. I’d like to get speakers that would lend themselves to both guitar and bass.

Does anyone know what kind of speakers are in a bassman cab?

It’s power rating is 80 watts RMS (190 watts peak) .

there is an 8 ohm output and a 4ohm(extention cab) output.

I’m thinking about a g212h Avatar cabinet with two different speakers so I can get a couple different tones in the studio. But I’m not sure which two speakers.

Options: Celestion Vintage 30s, Greenback's, G12T75s, G12H30s,Classic Lead 80's, Hellatone 30s , Hellatone 60s, Hellatone 60Ls,
Eminence speakers add $20.
Anyone?

And one more question. For those of you using cabs with two speaker types, how are you wiring up the cab? Do you wire it mono so both speakers are on or do you wire it stereo and use one at time or both. Does a 2x12 sound weird if one speaker isn’t on?
Attached Thumbnails
sunn 190L  head..Help me pick speakers-190lf.jpg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search