The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Nut

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!

Ok boys, I know your gear addiction and quest for the perfect tone trickles down to your floor gear. Let's see what you got. I'll start:

Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Here's mine...
Old 7th September 2007
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Addict

Here is mine

The last time I used a pedal effect was about 10 years ago. Since then Guitar->Cable->Amp, I don't even use any FX loops.
I know - I'm boring.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarts View Post

The last time I used a pedal effect was about 10 years ago. Since then Guitar->Cable->Amp, I don't even use any FX loops.
I know - I'm boring.
What kind of amp?
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here is mine

I know - I'm boring.
funny!

this is going to be a cool thread!thumbsup
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

As someone with too many pedals to count, I have to agree with this. It does help to have killer amps too.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratgirl View Post
What kind of amp?
Right now Bogner & Diezel.

Used to be Mesas, H&Ks, Marshalls... actually when I was using pedals I just didn't have money to buy an amp, so it was like pedals into my home stereo input or the mixer of the live sound guy, now those were some nasty times...don't even want to remember.
Old 7th September 2007
For live gigs most of the time I'm using a Marshall JMP1 tube Preamp into a Carvin 100 watt tube amp. FX wise I use a quadraverb. I have one of those ADA midi switchers so I dont have to do any pedal dancing. One button does it all. In my studio I have a few pedals including a Big Muff, Option 5 Destination Rotation, Roland Chorus and Tremolo and Delay peday. But I like the tremolo on my AC 30 much more than the tremolo in the roland pedal. For overdrive and distortion tones I'm a turn the amp up kinda guy and I have a few amps to turn up, like a Randall RM 100 with 5 modules, a JCM 800, an AC 30, a Fender Blues Deluxe, a 1965 Fender Princeton Reverb, and a Legend 50
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Addict

Rarely use outside pedals these days. My live rig is a PODxt powered by stereo Atomic 50w 1x12's. All effects are from the PODxt. Setup time is 5 min, no noise by adding extra cabling, and besides most audience folks wouldn't know the difference. I dont use a lot of whacked effects live so some simple chorus, a few delay settings, some verb is the norm. Even the stomp/comp settings are all I really need most of the time for some extra push.
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Right now Bogner & Diezel.
Nice. I'm mostly using a '94 Fender tweed blues deville modded by Andy Fuchs. Dumble sound with Fender twang.

Guess a botique amp category is next. But for now.... more pedals please!!
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

You guys have boards???!

Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

nuttin' crazy
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Here is mine

I know - I'm boring.
For me the pickup selector is about as far as I go. I really just can't stand having anything in my chain. It's not that I don't like the idea of having them. I have a handful of neat ones, too - including some sweet old Mutron stuff. In the end, I try them for a little while and end up taking them out.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
Here's mine...
Glad to see that the Fuzz Factory is still in action!
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
Glad to see that the Fuzz Factory is still in action!
I thank you for selling it to me, mate. heh

It is my favourite nasty sound.
Old 10th September 2007
Here for the gear

Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here is mine

I know - I'm boring.
I'm with you. Plug and Play..............
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

plug and play too ...

but some time ago i had autowah built in into my guitar

but for aprox 100 minutes show it seems i dont need any gimmics at all... just pure natural tone of stretched out almost fresh set of strings and good sleep the night before
Old 25th September 2007
Lives for gear

On board trem! no need for a peal board no more . . . just the amp switch and a tuna~

( . . . anyone want to by a gator pedal board. cheap!)
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenny View Post
You guys have boards???!

YES! ! !thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Old 28th September 2007
Lives for gear

Brad Whitford's Board (2006)

Joe Perry's Board (2006)
Old 28th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post
here is my pedal board from last year.

I recently added a Keely Java Boost, Fulltone OCD, EH HOG, Emma DisCOMbobulator, a Fuzz Factory, and an expression pedal for my Quicksilver delay.
Proprs for the content mate. but... and I dont mean to be rude... i've only JUST started getting into pedals. Do you need that many?

FYI: I'm getting a pedaltrain to assist with the spaghetti factor.....
Old 29th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrizcol View Post
Proprs for the content mate. but... and I dont mean to be rude... i've only JUST started getting into pedals. Do you need that many?

"Need" is a flexible word . . . . .
Old 1st October 2007
Here for the gear

I don't have a pedal board yet I'm working on it but I would like some advice I started a thread called tone to the bone with a little help check it out it would be greatly appreciated
Old 1st October 2007
Lives for gear

...just one. A delay of some sort. Usually that means an old Ibanez AD9. If I'm recording it sometimes means an old Echoplex if I feel like setting it up. Normally just the Ibanez. I've got about a hundred pedals in boxes in the room....most all of the Ibanez 9 series, old Boss stuff, old MXR things, kookey phasers and chorus things from Pearl, etc. Two or three wah pedals, a few different volume pedals and of course all sorts of distortion things....Ratt, TubeScreamers, etc.....

Again, the AD9 is all that usually makes it. I like to either switch guitars or amps for different sounds and I always sound very amateurish when I try to use effects too much.

m
Old 1st October 2007
500 series nutjob

i have a few peddles but rarely ever seem to use them, when i do they generally set on top the amp if i do use them.
if i had a pedal board i would probable trip over it and fan of the band stand:(
but i will throw a few down once in a while!

keep the photos coming guys and girls
Old 10th October 2007
Lives for gear

Hey Rob. What's the scoop on the Dynacomp?
Old 10th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
I bought it new, in the 70's. heh
Can you describe what it does to the sound?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search