The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 24th March 2010
I don't have an actual board yet to put them on, though I need to get one. But here's my collection. I definitely need to get the rat's nest of cables hidden, so a board is on my list o' things to get.

The pedals are:

1. Boss Tuner
2. Budda Wah
3. Blackfinger tube/opto comp
4. Retro-Sonic comp
5. Big Muff
6. Effectrode Tube Drive
7. MXR 10 band (about to be replaced with an Empress parametric)
8. Effectrode Vibe Chorus
9. Retro-Sonic Analog delay
10. Boss volume pedal.

I'd still definitely like to get the Effectrode tremolo and phaser pedals, and the Red Witch chorus, and maybe a fancy digital delay like the Empress. And of course a couple smallish things like an octave pedal and whatnot. But, I'm getting there.
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear
nice!
Old 25th March 2010
Ngr
Gear Maniac

here's my current one.
The Bass Overdrive houses a Boss VB2 Vibrato board and is controlled by a truw bypass loop, the Big Muff is upgraded with True Bypass, new pots and caps.
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngr View Post
here's my current one.
The Bass Overdrive houses a Boss VB2 Vibrato board and is controlled by a truw bypass loop, the Big Muff is upgraded with True Bypass, new pots and caps.
A Ring Stinger!

Been looking for a used one badly some time ago.
Hard to get.

How do you like it?
Old 25th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
nice!
Thanks. I've been trying to go for quality over quanity, and obviously you can probably tell I'm more of a vintage guy, not a metal head or anything like that. It's all stuff that really gives off serious vintage vibes.
Old 26th March 2010
Ngr
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaccona View Post
A Ring Stinger!

Been looking for a used one badly some time ago.
Hard to get.

How do you like it?
It's good. You can't use it on every song but, it on a few it's nice. If it was half the size it would be perfect...
Old 27th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroper View Post
I hear ya. I'm a bit different than the average player I think. I look at guys like Vai and Sattriani, I can appreciate it, I nod my head approvingly, and then I go back to my simple major chord arpeggios shrouded in delay. I don't know for some reason being super fast or having an encyclopedic knowledge of scales doesn't appeal to me. I aim for technical proficiency in the simple stuff I do play ( and that can be very subjective as well ) , and am happy with my "low key" playing.
A friend of mine from college told me recently that he thinks I ended up being a more successful guitarist than he is. He has more technical knowledge and can play harder things than I can, but I never really aspired to that. I can play most of the things I wanted to be able to play and he can't.

Enroper, it is an important thing to be able to realize when you have achieved what you want and to be happy with that. Congrats I agree that there are some really impressive players out there that I will never play like and enjoy sometimes, but I don't feel the need to play like them.

Edit:I'm one of those who loves pedals and while the idea of a multi-fx board sounds nice for a space saving concept, I've never liked one enough to buy. Not against the idea tho. Pedals in no particular order cuz I swap them around a lot:

Pedals:
Crybaby wah
Boss DM2 Analog Delay
Boss DD3 Dig Delay
Boss BF2 Flanger
EHX Big Muff (Green Russian)
MXR Blue Box
DOD Super American Metal distortion (first pedal)
Digitech PDS 1700 Chorus/Flanger
Digitech PDS 20/20 Multi Play

Rack:
Preamp (forget brand)
Lexicon Vortex (I do need an expression pedal and 2 double taps to get the most hands free use out of it tho)

Amps:
'76 Fender Pro Reverb
Peavey Express 112 (first amp, 2 amps for stereo ridiculousness w/the Vortex)
Old 1st April 2010
Gear Head

Old 5th April 2010
Here for the gear

Latest incarnation of my board: Moved the power supply to a modular board along w/ a power strip and placed the FX Loop pedals on the board as well.
[IMG][/IMG]
Voodoo Labs PP2+ & ISO-5
[IMG][/IMG]
Modular board connected to main board w/ ATA removable hinges.
Old 6th April 2010
Gear Addict

Just finish building my pedal board (Ikea Gorm Hack) Now I just need to wire it up.. Hope I can keep it looking neat and clean.

Old 12th June 2010
Here for the gear

Hi, here's my pedalboard:

Old 12th June 2010
You know, ultimately, I just pulled all my pedals out. It just didn't make sense to keep them all hooked up. I'm not playng live, I'm just recording. So having all those pedals in the loop all the time just added noise and with the tubes blasting out yet still more heat (I have no A/C), and really discourages you from just grabbing a few pedals and sticking them together in some completely non-obvious order and seeing what happens.

So now I just have them sitting there and will grab and hook up whatever I figure I want for the part in whatever order.
Old 24th June 2010
Lives for gear
Definitely a good way of looking at it.

If you don't play out that often, having them off and flexible to route however you want is great for tonal options. I have 2 pedals now that stay off for just that reason:

MXR Distortion II - originally bought in 1982 at Star Music in Morristown - I remember buying it new with my own money, and then walking all the way home. Was so excited. I can't sell that pedal no matter what.

Guyatone TZ2 The Fuzz - Before the MXR, I had an original Univox Super Fuzz, which I sold in a stupid moment. The Guyatone gets 75% of the way there, and at 10% of the cost of buying a Super fuzz off ebay.

I play out at least 12 times a year and our band plays a pretty eclectic mix, so I need my pedals and the order they're in has worked, although it's changed 3 times over the past 2 years, each time for the better.
Old 24th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnepo1 View Post
Latest incarnation of my board: Moved the power supply to a modular board along w/ a power strip and placed the FX Loop pedals on the board as well.
[IMG][/IMG]
Voodoo Labs PP2+ & ISO-5
[IMG][/IMG]
how do you like the polytune?
Old 27th June 2010
Gear Head

I threw all my pedals in this river

because I can't f***in' play...
Old 28th June 2010
Here for the gear

Hey everyone...long time lurker first time poster...here's my pedalboard...nothing extravagant. A Boss noise suppressor, Boss super overdrive, digitech multi chorus, and a crybaby wah. Also my footswitch for my peavey triple xxx head is at the top.

Old 28th June 2010
Lives for gear
welcome to the forums Brad!

Nice start on the pedalboard, and great thinking with all that empty real estate to fill up with more pedals...
Old 29th June 2010
Yep, if you look really closely, you can see spelled in ghostly glowing letters "Fill Me".
Old 9th July 2010
Lives for gear

The dynamic wah isn't mine, our synth player lent it me for that practice to try it out. Hence the weird cabling/positioning of it :P
Old 12th July 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
Do you need more cables? Wow. What is that interesting goody on the bottom row 3 from the right?
Old 12th July 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnepo1 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Voodoo Labs PP2+ & ISO-5
[IMG][/IMG]
Bloody amazing that is!
Old 12th July 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
Just heard the demo's.
Sounds great.

I have a Fulltone Fatboost (1) that does a similar thing.
Have you tried that, for comparison?

I dig the Fat Boost 3 I use it in front of the OCD a touch of OD heaven that is.
Old 12th July 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
not necessarily true...EQ is an effect all unto itself.. that guitar pot isn't going to let you control specific frequency ranges
Actually I use the Stellartone ToneStyler tone control which rolls off just the high end and leaves the mids and lows intact. Really a cool little deal which was super easy to install. 16 positions of cap cut w a tone on 10 std and a complete tone bypass position, major cool. You even get the tone control working on the bridge PU if you want or just put it on bypass, all passive, no active.

I found a way of what I call tuning my amp to the guitar as differing from my formal stuck in a rut setting the controls on numbers I came accustomed to. I find the pots respond to specific strings and not so much of an effect on others. I find the sweet spot on each to the open guitar and roll off slightly from boost, really makes a difference, from there my board and guitar tone control does all the tonal EQ magic.
Old 14th July 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Do you need more cables? Wow. What is that interesting goody on the bottom row 3 from the right?
That's an MJM Blues Devil, I think. It's their (now discontinued) 808 clone. Not a bad pedal!
Old 14th July 2010
Gear Addict

I really wish I had a pic of my rig, but here it is:

Teese Wizard Wah > Throbak Overdrive Boost > Cochrane Timmy > Analogman KoT > Barber Trifecta > Line6 MM4 (stereo begins here) > Line 6 FM4 > Line6 DL4

I just got a Deja 2 today which will go before the MM4, and I need to return my Si SunFace to the beginning of the chain once I get a power adaptor for it.
Old 14th July 2010
Here for the gear

Here's my pedal board!

(holds up both hands)
Old 18th July 2010
Here for the gear

Haven't been on in a while. Updated my board recently. Replaced the PP2+ and the ISO-5 power units w/ the CAE/MXR MC-403 and removed the MXR M-151 and the CAE MC-402 w/ the Blackstone Appliance Mosfet OD.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 19th July 2010
Lives for gear
Congratulations. I think that is the most amazing pedal board I have ever seen.

And no Boss!!! I dig it. I am so sick of Boss. I can handle the Keeley or Analog mods but no more stock Boss for me. I used to have some T/C pedals a long time ago, great gear, really nice the way you kept on with the continuity. It must take you days to fine tune everything and it's interaction. You must be enjoying your lottery winnings.

What is that processor controller or loop block at the bottom?
Are those custom made cables?

I have tons of room on my board but I doubt I will ever get to that level of density. I am merely waiting on the Ice 9 OD and I hope to get more Fulltone in time.
Old 19th July 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Congratulations. I think that is the most amazing pedal board I have ever seen.

And no Boss!!! I dig it. I am so sick of Boss. I can handle the Keeley or Analog mods but no more stock Boss for me. I used to have some T/C pedals a long time ago, great gear, really nice the way you kept on with the continuity. It must take you days to fine tune everything and it's interaction. You must be enjoying your lottery winnings.

What is that processor controller or loop block at the bottom?
Are those custom made cables?

I have tons of room on my board but I doubt I will ever get to that level of density. I am merely waiting on the Ice 9 OD and I hope to get more Fulltone in time.
Thanks Darkhorse. I did start w/ Boss and Ross pedals in the day, many moons ago, until TC Electronic came out in the late 70's early 80's. The board is a DIY that took a lot of thinking and planning and website searching, primarily Bob Bradshaw designs and LASD as well as Vertex boards. The "loop block" at the bottom is a custom true bypass loop switch. It's made by Dan Burgess @ This1smyne.com. Very high quality build for little money. Dan's stuff is top notch, check out his site.
The cables, I DIY as well. I buy from Redco.com Mogami cables and Switchcraft and Neutrik plugs.
I'm pretty satisfied w/ the build, especially when it's a DIY. It's always fun to tweak w/ it for tonal capabilities, and yes it does take time to tweak. But that's part of the fun.
Old 19th July 2010
Here for the gear

My electric rig and then my acoustic rig in the top right corner.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search