The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 30th January 2020
Lives for gear

https://www.instagram.com/p/B77onrvH...d=5d1ekcgs7caq

I was too lazy to paste the imahes but there hehe..
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20200130_000925.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20200130_000857.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20200130_001015.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-1580770674095533214434473152244.jpg  

Last edited by nyandres; 3rd February 2020 at 11:58 PM..
Old 3rd February 2020
Old 8th April 2020
Lives for gear

Never had pedal board, but made some records with SM-9 Super pedal . .no amp, just the pedal. "I'm Havin' Fun!" has that pedal.
Old 13th April 2020
Gear Head

Signal Path: Guitar>Compressor(Warden)>OverDrive(Plumes)>Amp(Mesa 5:50+)>FxLoopOut>Boss Volume Pedal>H9(Stereo)+Boss ExpPedal>Looper(Ditto-Stereo)>FxLoopIn Mesa & FxLoopIn Traynor

Mesa 5:50+ for Channel Tube Over Drive, Reverb, EQ and Solo Boost.

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard-032020.jpg

Stay Safe. Watch out for Zombies.

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard-032020.jpg  
Old 17th April 2020
Lives for gear
Latest board, signal chain:

Keeley Electric Mudd
Keeley Fuzz Head
Xotic SP Compressor
Dunlop GCB95 wah, Keeley modded
J. Rockett Majestic
Barber Direct Drive
Xotic EP Boost - this is my solo boost
OneControl Looper
Loop A - Ibanez Mini Analog Delay. Bought used and has a cool defect where the delay time will randomly change a few ms at random times.
Loop B - MXR Phase 90, Micro Flanger, Ibanez SC10 Stereo Chorus
TC Flashback, usually set to Tape.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-2020-pedalboard.jpg  
Old 22nd April 2020
Solid State Logic

Another vote for H9s and Dittos.

Chain is;

Origin Effects Cali 76
Boss ES-5
TC Ditto
Amp

Connected to the 5 loops of the ES-5 are;
Wampler Tumnus Deluxe
Fulltone OCD
Eventide H9
Stone Deaf FX Syncopy
Digitech Polara
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard.jpg  
Old 24th April 2020
Gear Maniac
Here's my new board, the top is self explanatory:

But the bottom is more interesting, GigRig power, MorningStar ML5, USB MIDI interface, MIDI Thru box and Lehle splitter all managed to fit:

The setup is such that I can use the board standalone or from DAW.
Boss ES-5 has presets which control it's 5 loops, one of which is ML5, which has additional 5 loops. Also controlled are Marshall JVM channels. Styrmon comes after all loops but is MIDI controlled. Whammy comes before loops and is also MIDI controlled. Only the mini wah is manually controlled.

When used from DAW (via USB) I can also control everything, can even have prerecorded movement of Whammy expression pedal.

I have two outputs from the pedalboard (from Lehle splitter), one goes to amp, other to audio interface.
I also have amp's FX Loop send and return to/from audio interface, so I can add additional processing via plugins.
Using RME UCX at 64 samples so no latency problems.

Assembled it just as pandemic started so have only used it at home so far. Can't wait for rehearsals. But at least I have time to tweak it in the meanwhile.

Last edited by brk303; 24th April 2020 at 03:05 PM..
Old 24th April 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Another vote for H9s and Dittos.

Chain is;

Origin Effects Cali 76
Boss ES-5
TC Ditto
Amp

Connected to the 5 loops of the ES-5 are;
Wampler Tumnus Deluxe
Fulltone OCD
Eventide H9
Stone Deaf FX Syncopy
Digitech Polara
Nice board - Is the ES-5 just switching pedals, pedal groups, or do you have presets with different pedal orders?
Old 24th April 2020
Gear Guru

@ brk303 you just blew my mind, that's incredible. The DAW integration is next level IMO, I never even thought of that.
Old 24th April 2020
Solid State Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Nice board - Is the ES-5 just switching pedals, pedal groups, or do you have presets with different pedal orders?
Pedals on/off and pedal order and also as just loop on/off. 5 pedals, 5 loops. Fab box, highly recommended.

Midi’d up to DAW At home but not to the same level as brk303!
Old 24th April 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk303 View Post
Here's my new board, the top is self explanatory:
But the bottom is more interesting, GigRig power, MorningStar ML5, USB MIDI interface, MIDI Thru box and Lehle splitter all managed to fit:
I got to believe you worked this out on paper prior, is that worth showing us?
Old 24th April 2020
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
@ brk303 you just blew my mind, that's incredible. The DAW integration is next level IMO, I never even thought of that.
Thanks, if you're interested this is the other part of setup, rack with RME UCX, ADA 8200, and Sennheiser wireless mic, monitoring and antennas.
On top is Clevo laptop with i9900K running Reaper.

We are playing to click track with in ears. Everyone has their own stereo mix, singer is wireless, others wired.
I have each song as a region in Reaper project and they start by setting appropriate presets/mix for each instruments and the count in starts.

In the songs I set whatever is needed per verse, chorus, solo, etc.
Switch amp channels, turn on/off pedals and vst plugins.
So I can just play and everything magically turns on/off with perfect consistency. I only have to manually turn on/off the wah.

It's my new band, so still working on it, but that's the approach.

EDIT:
Unlike the pedalboard which is new, this rack we already used at rehearsals and despite initial skepticism other band members were quickly convinced. I enjoyed their reaction as I custom tweaked everyone's in ear mix.

Drummer, is a new member who I didn't know from before, and after couple of songs he told me this is the best sound he had in headphones ever, including the studio recording sessions.

I process the drum mics with standard eq/gate/compression/saturation (and we only had two, kick and snare) but also blend with EZDrummer samples triggered from mics. So it sounds processed, he remarked how snare sounds powerful and snappy without him having to hit it hard. He was skeptical of my mad scientist approach, latency in particular, but was quickly convinced.

The only problem is even though i9900 is best CPU you can put in laptop, at 64 samples there is still a limit to how much processing you can do, and some plugins like for example Izotope VocalSynth Vocoder are CPU heavy. Master bus in particular is a bottleneck, as any processing there is linear and can not be split between CPU cores.
But it's really powerful, the project has around 90 tracks.

For guitars I use 3 inputs, DI after pedals, FX loop send from amp, and cab mic.
DI signal I run through 2 VST amps, I use S-Gear and Bias with Ignite impulses. This gives me two tracks which i pan left and right.
FX Loop from amp also goes through impulses, panned central.
Cab mic also goes central.
I adjusted phase for each channel for best summing and then send them all to Guitar bus where I do some more processing.

Sorry if I went a bit of topic since this is not really about pedalboards, but it explains the purpose for DAW control of the pedalboard.

Last edited by brk303; 24th April 2020 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Added more info
Old 24th April 2020
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanzer View Post
I got to believe you worked this out on paper prior, is that worth showing us?
I did obviously spend few months planning details like desired audio and MIDI flow, and then picking appropriate gear which both works and also fits underneath the board.

So for example USB MIDI interface is USB bus powered so only works when connected to PC, but the MIDI routing w/o PC uses MIDI THRU box, so both setups work.

I didn't really write down anything when planning, I was just connecting virtually in my mind I guess.

But I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have.
Old 25th April 2020
Gear Guru

@ brk303 thanks for the extra information. This is a pretty slow thread anyway, it's good to have some juicy content like that.
Old 26th April 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk303 View Post
I did obviously spend few months planning details like desired audio and MIDI flow, and then picking appropriate gear which both works and also fits underneath the board.

So for example USB MIDI interface is USB bus powered so only works when connected to PC, but the MIDI routing w/o PC uses MIDI THRU box, so both setups work.

I didn't really write down anything when planning, I was just connecting virtually in my mind I guess.

But I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have.
I was thinking that you must have some awesome organizational skills for documenting your layout and I could pickup some tips. You know your stuff so well you can do it in your head (I'd call that Super Awesome Organizational Skills!) For your setup I'd have routing maps for signal, loops, MIDI, power, USB, etc.
I've used VISIO and Excel to make some layouts but settled on simple text docs. Since I'm a simple hobbyist I need reminders on how things are connected occasionally.
Thanks for sharing your setup! I'll try to think up some questions
Old 1st May 2020
Gear Head

[[email protected];14679888]Another vote for H9s and Dittos.

Hi [email protected]

Just a couple notes. I don't see an expression pedal on your H9. I struggled with that pedal for a while until I got the expression pedal hooked up. The H9 is so capable that dialing in the mix or effect depth is critical for me to get a 'comfortable' tone. I think a lot of folks that bounce off that pedal just find it too difficult to control.

I was able to get the stereo Ditto at the same price as the mono unit when I picked this pedal up. Very lucky. Given that gigging isn't happening anymore, I went stereo in my home studio. Very inspiring ! Some of the Ambience and Space/Time patches give a great stereo field to immerse yourself into.

YMMV

ejinbc
Old 2nd May 2020
Solid State Logic

I have it Bluetoothed to an iPad.
Makes it so easy to tweak anything and get to presets/set lists. Programme changes from ES-5, but nowhere as linked as brk303
Old 17th May 2020
Here for the gear

New Board! Homemade Schmidt Array Inspired.

My Quarantine Project!

Need to add a Boss TU-3 and a Bank Manager for the G2 (in the space to the right of the G2) but tonally it is complete!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20200516_213348.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20200516_213411.jpg  
Old 17th May 2020
VDB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidy1994 View Post
My Quarantine Project!

Need to add a Boss TU-3 and a Bank Manager for the G2 (in the space to the right of the G2) but tonally it is complete!
Did you make the board yourself?
Old 17th May 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post
Did you make the board yourself?
Yes I did! $60 worth of plywood, some spray paint, and hardware I sourced from pictures off the schmidt array website.
Old 23rd May 2020
Here for the gear

Marshall - Vox - Fender

Vox Wah
Zendrive
KTR
Okko Diablo
Arion Chorus
Boss tremolo
Secret Preamp
Memory man
Neunaber Wetreverb
Vertex Boost allways on
Boss volume
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20191220_155809.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20191220_155855.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
My Quarantine Project!

Nice board. How do you like that Big Sky?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
I'm not a guitarist really, but here's my assembly of pedals.

I use the board with a /13 FTR, 1979 Silverface Vibrolux Reverb, and Egnator Rebel 30.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20200607_154609.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Thank you! The Big Sky is by far my most used pedal. Expensive, but ABSOLUTELY worth it. From tiny spring verb amp feel, to washed out ambient soundscapes it kills every task I put it up to!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Thank you! The Big Sky is by far my most used pedal. Expensive, but ABSOLUTELY worth it. From tiny spring verb amp feel, to washed out ambient soundscapes it kills every task I put it up to!
Thanks for the info. I had mentioned to another guitarist "the only pedal I don't need because of my Fender" and he brought up the Big Sky. Looks like I should try one out, lol.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just finished this build last night. Excited to start tweaking!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-82dd57ee-2fe6-40fd-bee2-6134bca24012.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-dd887ced-ccbf-497c-9561-ff7727ffd282.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

New setup June 2020

Here is my new board as of June 2020. Most recently added the TS9 to get some OD options between my two amps, specifically a heavier pop-punk/alternative rock tone with my Marshall DSL-40. I typically use the Santa Ana as a first overdrive with my Fender Hot Rod Deville which works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard-june-2020-1.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakePDX View Post
Here is my new board as of June 2020. Most recently added the TS9 to get some OD options between my two amps, specifically a heavier pop-punk/alternative rock tone with my Marshall DSL-40. I typically use the Santa Ana as a first overdrive with my Fender Hot Rod Deville which works great.
Love that BLM pedal. Also, I’ve got the board in the post above yours. We both have the EHX opamp muff which I’m absolutely loving.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamrock80 View Post
We both have the EHX opamp muff which I’m absolutely loving.
What amp(s) are you using with your Op Amp Big Muff? I'm interested in that pedal.

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOttawa View Post
What amp(s) are you using with your Op Amp Big Muff? I'm interested in that pedal.

Thanks!
Dr Z Route 66. It eats pedals for breakfast in a phenomenal way.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-8b7c43f1-dd18-4aca-b862-cc5264ee717e.jpg  
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear