The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 4th November 2019
Lives for gear

Wow, just realized I never had a pedal board.
Old 17th November 2019
Lives for gear

Schidt just got real:

Old 21st November 2019
Lives for gear

This is my retired pedalboard. Sadly I used it for the last time a couple of months ago. I love tube amps but I've gone full on with the Kemper Stage.

Old 8th December 2019
Lives for gear

Latest version

Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia22 View Post
What do you mean?
If your question was directed at me I retired that pedal board / and a Quilter 200 Overdrive amp. (Before getting a hip replacement recently I'd needed to haul around a lighter amp and the Quilter 200 was great!) I've never been a fan of SS, but this Quilter is really good. https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.ph...overdrive-200/

Basically I've switched to gigging a Kemper Stage. I was going to post a picture of my Kemper Stage on this thread as a fun thing, but some people may not have appreciated it!
Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicTone View Post
I was going to post a picture of my Kemper Stage on this thread as a fun thing, but some people may not have appreciated it!
Ha! I still have a Line6 Floorboard somewhere in storage that I was tempted to post in this thread just to see everyone get their panties in a wad.

Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Ha! I still have a Line6 Floorboard somewhere in storage that I was tempted to post in this thread just to see everyone get their panties in a wad.

I love it!!
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Basically I've switched to gigging a Kemper Stage. I was going to post a picture of my Kemper Stage on this thread as a fun thing, but some people may not have appreciated it!
I already posted a picture of my Helix Floor... maybe some folks didn't appreciate it. But then, I didn't notice.
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
I already posted a picture of my Helix Floor... maybe some folks didn't appreciate it. But then, I didn't notice.
Good job! I missed that post. I would have appreciated it, as I assume many would and not just for possible intended subtle humor. The Helix is a great unit.
Old 11th December 2019
Gear Guru

I just got a Boss GT-6. It is absolutely just as terrible as it has been for 20 years. Gonna sell it to help someone out.
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good job! I missed that post. I would have appreciated it, as I assume many would and not just for possible intended subtle humor. The Helix is a great unit.
Fwiw, I also posted a picture of my older pedalboard before - proof of evolution or something.
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fwiw, I also posted a picture of my older pedalboard before - proof of evolution or something.
I think pushing air is the deal when playing live. My Eleven Rack didn't sound all that bad as I was driving people out of venues covering their ears eight years ago.
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think pushing air is the deal when playing live.
Gotta say that, while it took me some time getting used to, I also enjoy playing with IEMs a lot these days. Especially on smaller stages and on longer corporate gigs, the sensation of pushing air wears off after around an hour or so, efficiently being replaced by ear fatigue.
On larger stages (especially open air, when there's way less reflections), higher volumes are still fun, but even in those cases I'm perfectly fine with my single 10" FRFR monitor, sometimes enhanced a bit by some additional feed through the venues monitoring.
Sure, there's the odd moment when I'm missing things such as my Orange 4x12 (which for me is the most phenomenal cab I ever played, original greenbacks and all), but that's really getting rare.
Only thing I really miss on IEM gigs is the option to get natural feedback. Was thinking about a sustainer PU already, but as plain pickups, they unfortunately suck, and I need a nice neck PU.
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
Latest version

I can hear how good that rig sounds just by looking at it.
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Gotta say that, while it took me some time getting used to, I also enjoy playing with IEMs a lot these days.
I've been reluctant to go the IEM direction with our band. I'm not good about letting go of the visceral pleasure of playing to the point of loud. Even though I have a substantial case of tinnitus, I still don't wear ear protection when we play. I damaged my ears beginning 50 years ago playing in bands and shooting guns without ear protection. The damage is done. I wasn't good about ear protection then and I'm not now, except when I shoot. I would however caution younger people to wear ear protection. Tinnitus is the opposite of fun. My best friend has hearing loss, obviously not a good thing.

Our band plays a few outdoor venues in the summer. Up until last year I always brought out my Twin. I sidewash myTwin and it's mic'd. It's just about the great sound of the Twin and what we hear on stage because the sound company ensures the band can be heard a mile away. No one suffers out front due to the speakers at the top of the stage. The only person that suffers is our bass player across the stage with the Twin beamed at him like a death ray.

It'll be better on the bass player this year with the Kemper Stage.
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroad View Post
Nice and in the rack some vintage units like Rockman, SPX90, TC 2290 etc for 80's tone.
I’m leaving the past behind, fellas. The 2290 (and the tc foot controller) is in the classifieds... the roland, yammy and the VHT are next

I don’t rock like that anymore lol
Old 13th December 2019
Here for the gear

Hi

I added LED to my board...

https://flic.kr/p/2hNnc9G

https://flic.kr/p/2hNqP5s

How do I add an image here? I see the link. I put in the image. Then it says I can't post an image. Is that some rule here?
Old 13th December 2019
VDB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgp_pickaguitar View Post
Hi

How do I add an image here? I see the link. I put in the image. Then it says I can't post an image. Is that some rule here?
Looks cool!
Edit: where do you buy those big stomp switches?
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Hi

Dude...

Peterson Strobo stomp HD
Sun Face
MXR phaser mini
OCD

we think alike big time
Old 14th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

You're new here. I believe the rule is that you need to have contributed at least 50 posts before you can post images.
Old 2nd January 2020
Gear Nut

Momentary state of things. The MIDI in the GEC-5 is triggering a Voodoo Lab Control Switch that switches my Fuchs ODS Classic. No MIDI on Timeline and Mobius, I like free access to those. I rarely need Volume or Expression Pedals, if I really do I just put them next to the board. Keeps it small.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard-analog.jpg  
Old 2nd January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimatt View Post
Momentary state of things. The MIDI in the GEC-5 is triggering a Voodoo Lab Control Switch that switches my Fuchs ODS Classic. No MIDI on Timeline and Mobius, I like free access to those. I rarely need Volume or Expression Pedals, if I really do I just put them next to the board. Keeps it small.
How do you get to the ODS Ethernet connector? I have a Fuchs TDS this sort of sounds interesting.
Old 3rd January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
How do you get to the ODS Ethernet connector? I have a Fuchs TDS this sort of sounds interesting.
Fuchs offers, if you contact them, a little box, made to your wishes, that adapts from the jacks to RJ45. Having said that, inside the Fuchs this is all very simple. I took another RJ45 cable, stripped the insulation and - after measuring the cables from inside the Footswitch to the open ends, just soldered jacks to it, common ground. Those are connected to the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher. Works just fine.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Addict

The longest-running pedalboard configuration I've had to date.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-c653d251-a70c-4bbd-a692-19099a0b7d38.jpg  
Old 17th January 2020
my current board hasn't changed since 2012, I recently got the strymon Zuma which powers all nine of them! just need to set it up perminantely and tidy it up underneath, no noise at all even with all 9 pedals on.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pdealboard_2020-1.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
In the process of building the board for the pedals in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-1.2018-effects.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tape View Post
At least it'll save you the extra expense for weight lifting studios.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
I think you're going to need a few more pedals. I would want at least 5 phasers and 7 treble boosters.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
For some reason I'm reminded of legos .
Nice pedal and spoon collection!
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
At least it'll save you the extra expense for weight lifting studios.
Yes,... must remember to lift with the legs and not the back. Actually, the board will most likely not leave the studio very often if at all. I just wanted a pedal board that will cover the needs of most clients during their sessions. From simple tones of Rockabilly to that of the more elaborate David Gilmour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I think you're going to need a few more pedals. I would want at least 5 phasers and 7 treble boosters.
My wife would never allow it at this point in time, lol. I will be thinning out the pedal herd a bit by selling off a couple delays,... but will probably replace them with the Dawner Prince 'Boonar' delay modelled after the famous Echorec(all things Pink Floyd in that box). Probably dump a distortion or two as well. However, the GigRig Pro14 switcher makes it easy and quick to swap pedals in and out of the signal chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanze View Post
For some reason I'm reminded of legos .
Nice pedal and spoon collection!
Ha-ha, yes,... with a touch of Skittles. Oh and the spoons,... aye, the spoons,...can never have enough spoon in the mix,... similar to the "more cowbell" syndrome,
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-gigrig-pro14.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TheGigRig_Pro14_manual.pdf (1.30 MB, 0 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search