The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 14th July 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I think your camera lens is covered in vanilla frosting
Yes it is...:-) My phone is falling apart...
Old 15th July 2019
Lives for gear

Here's one of several boards I'm assembling for various playing situations. I got tired of constantly changing the pedals and setup and plan to keep 3 seperate pedalboards with only little 'crossover' between them- like the volume pedal for example. I own a GigRig2 system which is great but too big for a lot of smaller gigs so I actually use that for an acoustic solo setup now. Acoustic guitar yes but with looper, stereo effects, etc

The big change for me on the board below is using Evidence Monorail patch cables. They are AWESOME. I admit that I've been keepin' the George L. flame lit for a long time. FWIW I guess you'd find several posts on GS where I defend them. I WAS WRONG.

Assembling the George L's was o.k. With careful cutting and testing I had few of the dropouts that folks complain about. But I got alerted when a colleague inquired about them saying he tested several George L patch cables and they had wildly varying values. ALERT. I had many problems over the years with unpredictable behaviour of distortion pedals especially abut I always blamed my volume pedal for it. I even stopped using my beloved AnalogMan DS-1s because I thought the pedal has such issues.

Not only did the problems go away completely with the Evdience cables but the sound also improved. Yes they are expensive, running three pedalboards with them will cost quit a lot. But I will do it because the last gig with the George L board two weeks ago was when I said 'No more of this ****'. Line check on a busy festival stage, NOTHING worked on my board even though I tested everything at home, only a very quick reordering and losing the volume pedal saved the gig. Of course I felt like an idiot.

BTW, what's up with steel guitar gear?

I know George L is from the steel guitar world but about two years ago I bought an expensive Goodrich volume pedal (praised as THE best) that's also popular with pedal steelers. And that pedal TOTALLY killed the sound, massive volume drop and lack of treble. Wait, that was back when I used George Ls but that is the point I guess. Steel gear, what's up? I use a Lehle volume pedal now and it is great. There was nothing wrong with the Boss pedal I used before but the sound (or lack of coloration and volume drop) and 'feel' is so much better now with the Lehle.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board.jpg  
Old 16th July 2019
Gear Guru

I've always been skeptical of solder-less contact based cable connections. No george L for me. Just look at how unreliable battery contacts can be.

George L. I never even really seriously considered buying in. There was quite a bit of hype around them for a while.

I'm not the best person to ask about cables because I use el-cheapo discount ebay patch cables on all my pedalboards.

I know how pedals and cables work though (I am a pedal builder) so I've never really had any problems with them.

I do have a dream of buying some fancy plugs and doing an all day solder marathon to really pimp out my pedalboard. It just doesn't seem urgent.
Old 16th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I've always been skeptical of solder-less contact based cable connections. No george L for me. Just look at how unreliable battery contacts can be.

George L. I never even really seriously considered buying in. There was quite a bit of hype around them for a while.

I'm not the best person to ask about cables because I use el-cheapo discount ebay patch cables on all my pedalboards.

I know how pedals and cables work though (I am a pedal builder) so I've never really had any problems with them.

I do have a dream of buying some fancy plugs and doing an all day solder marathon to really pimp out my pedalboard. It just doesn't seem urgent.
Yeah, in fact Evidence cables/plugs are solderless too but the quality is lightyears beyond George L. One big reason to use the latter has been pedalboard real estate. Often there is so little room that regular cables just don't make sense, especially very short ones where the angle is just too steep unless you want to use a very big board. Evidence actually are even more flexible that George L's.

I will put them to the test now but it seems to me that they are the best solution by far. George L plugs also don't match with many pedals. I use some Danelectro Mini Pedals which are fantastic if rather feebly built. With George L patch cables it was a recipie for disaster, the Evidence plugs on the other hand feel solid.

But again, sound is my main concern, George L cable just seems to be very inconsistent and unpredictable.
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

DIY Ross Compressor with the local Flemish designations instead of English...
It has added slow/medium/fast release settings as an extra feature.
PCB's are from Guitarpcb.com
I wanted it to look kind of trashy and used.
Old 22nd July 2019
Gear Addict

For the most part? Just being honest.

Old 14th August 2019
Here for the gear
Here’s mine. Covers all the tones I need. Into a Carr Mercury V.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-383cf5c8-34cb-4c01-b129-d7fa42cbb42e.jpg  
Old 22nd August 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipss36 View Post
For the most part? Just being honest.

Some things are better left in the closet

J/k. I love those old Mac Pro style cases, nice!
Old 23rd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
Yeah, in fact Evidence cables/plugs are solderless too but the quality is lightyears beyond George L. One big reason to use the latter has been pedalboard real estate. Often there is so little room that regular cables just don't make sense, especially very short ones where the angle is just too steep unless you want to use a very big board. Evidence actually are even more flexible that George L's.

I will put them to the test now but it seems to me that they are the best solution by far. George L plugs also don't match with many pedals. I use some Danelectro Mini Pedals which are fantastic if rather feebly built. With George L patch cables it was a recipie for disaster, the Evidence plugs on the other hand feel solid.

But again, sound is my main concern, George L cable just seems to be very inconsistent and unpredictable.
I just started soldering pedal cables with Gotham GAC-1 wire, which is my favorite for guitar leads. I have one I have used for years now.

It's super flexible, remarkably so, so it's quite suited to a pedalboard application.

I'm using inexpensive right angle soldered plugs. Not cheap garbage though. Tried that, nope never again.
Old 23rd August 2019
Just picked up an Electro Harmonix Canyon Delay...

It'll go with my Tube Screamer & Big Muff to basically round out my simple rack.

Will be running through a Fender Super Champ x2 using channel 1 and the amp reverb.

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20190823_143732_resized.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20190823_143939_resized.jpg  
Old 24th August 2019
Lives for gear

My current main board (though I will be adding an Origin RevivalDrive Compact next week).

Old 25th August 2019
Gear Guru

No tube screamer huh
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No tube screamer huh
I own 3 variations of the tubescreamer (Basic Audio 808, EQD Dunes, MJM Blues Devil). The Bogner Wessex doesn't sound like a TS, but it works better for me for that type of "sound".
Old 26th August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
I own 3 variations of the tubescreamer (Basic Audio 808, EQD Dunes, MJM Blues Devil). The Bogner Wessex doesn't sound like a TS, but it works better for me for that type of "sound".
I hear you.

I love my Tube Screamers

but I tend to prefer my Vemuram Jan Ray clone that I built for those tones. Or the Boss OD-3 sometimes.

the Boss SD-1 has been getting a lot of use recently also. With some very minor mods/tweaks, nothing too major.
Old 28th August 2019
Gear Head

Here is one of my boards....I use this for a bit of everything ( the looper is only for practising ).
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-dsc_5291.jpg  
Old 31st August 2019
Can anyone help?

I am running a Electro Harmonix Big Muff Triangle Pi into my Fender Super Champ x2. Through channel 1 on the amp engaging the Big Muff generates big time white noise. But if I run it through channel 2 on the amp it's fine.

My other pedals work no problem in ch1 and ch 2. Nice and quiet.

I'm sure it wasn't doing this when I bought it a few months ago. I haven't used it in a while and just dragged it out today.

Just don't know why the Muff would be making big white noise through ch1. It's not a battery issue as the battery is new and I tested it plugged in.

EDIT: I notice also that the volume when engaged on ch1 is a lot louder than when engaged on ch2.

Weird.

Any ideas?

Some kind of interference thing?

thanks

Last edited by hello people; 31st August 2019 at 12:07 PM..
Old 24th September 2019
Finally got this wired up and running today (with some much-needed help from one of my bandmates).
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_2872.jpg  
Old 24th September 2019
Anyone have a suggestion for a good light weight volume pedal, I have a visual volume pedal that is very good but weighs a lot, I'd like to find something full sized that's light.
Old 24th September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
Anyone have a suggestion for a good light weight volume pedal, I have a visual volume pedal that is very good but weighs a lot, I'd like to find something full sized that's light.

The aluminium dunlop ones are pretty light.

-tINY

Old 3rd October 2019
Lives for gear
Here's my most current build:

Temple Audio DUO 24

Input
Keeley-modded Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Keeley Electric Mudd Fuzz
Keeley Fuzz Head
Xotic SP Compressor
J. Rockett Majestic for slight dirt
Barber Direct Drive for Crunch
Xotic EP Boost for lead
One Control 2 channel Looper
Loop 1 - Ibanez AD9 Micro Delay
Loop 2 - MXR Phase 90, Micro Flanger, Ibanez SC10 Chorus
TC Flashback Delay
Output to Amp

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0oBg...RNaWcWY3PBELdA
Old 4 weeks ago
I miss my fuzz head a lot, that is a nice pedal, used to love it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's over. My new pedalboard:

Don't think I'll ever go back.
In a way it's a bit sad and I may even configure a little "sidecar" for certain things - but that side car might as well be a convertible laptop. Modern times.
And I couldn't be any happier.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
I miss my fuzz head a lot, that is a nice pedal, used to love it.
It's a great pedal, and find it's usable a lot more than the Electric Mudd, which has been harder to dial in.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

This is what I've been rocking for about the past year:

Temple Audio Trio 28 pedalboard
Boss TU-2 tuner (not pictured)
Digitech Drop Pedal (backup in case one of my baritones malfunctions)
Fractal AX8
Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_5248.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
PMF
Gear Maniac
Our guitarist's pedalboard, not mine
I play bass.

I really like his sound and the way the pedal board looks so I asked him if I could post it here.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-m_pedal.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoND View Post

Fractal AX8
Nice - any reason for the zip ties instead of the Temple audio plates? also wondering why the power strip isn't underneath since there's plenty of room.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Nice - any reason for the zip ties instead of the Temple audio plates? also wondering why the power strip isn't underneath since there's plenty of room.
Zip ties because I was short on cash when I bought the board for a gig over a year ago and haven't had the motivation to swap them out yet

Same goes for the power strip
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoND View Post

Fractal AX8
Nice

How do you like the fractal ax8? I was really intrigued by that unit and I guess I still am. Forgot all about it. I’m embracing software modeling as its allowing me to record electric guitar in my apartment. How are the clean tube amp sounds?

Is that the one that’s an amp modeler or just an effects unit?

Here’s what I have now that I can think of
Analogman astrotone
Fulltone 69
Mxr analog delay
Mxr analog chorus
Pigtronix germanium gold micro compressor
Pigtronix resotron (brand new envelope filter- awesome)
Ernie ball volume pedal
Ehx canyon delay
Tc ditto looper
Vox wah
Boss tuner
Old 1 week ago
rez
Lives for gear

hello!

here is my current setup which i use for guitar and bass:
instrument -> wah-wah -> compressor -> fuzz -> distortion -> chorus -> phaser -> echo
into the sansamp -> mic input of the 1073 preamp/eq -> apogee duet -> logic

not in the picture: cry baby wah and a roland expression pedal to control the echo

peace, rez

Attached Thumbnails
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendocino beano View Post
Nice

How do you like the fractal ax8? I was really intrigued by that unit and I guess I still am. Forgot all about it. I’m embracing software modeling as its allowing me to record electric guitar in my apartment. How are the clean tube amp sounds?

Is that the one that’s an amp modeler or just an effects unit?

Here’s what I have now that I can think of
Analogman astrotone
Fulltone 69
Mxr analog delay
Mxr analog chorus
Pigtronix germanium gold micro compressor
Pigtronix resotron (brand new envelope filter- awesome)
Ernie ball volume pedal
Ehx canyon delay
Tc ditto looper
Vox wah
Boss tuner
I really dig the AX8. I'm still learning how to properly use it and get the best tones out of it as possible, though. I've been a tube amp guy, so this is a different beast, but the tones you can get out of it are really awesome. And it's really easy to set up when I'm doing shows.

I think the clean tube amp sounds are great in it. This is the unit that has amp modeling as well as the effects.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search