The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 13th February 2019
Here for the gear

first post - thoughts on my new board??

FIRST POST on this forum, and I'm ready to talk about GEAR - this seems like the right place. my friends have to be getting tired of my texts about phasers, delays, etc.

After a long hiatus to focus on school/career/being a dad, I'v really gotten back into playing over the last couple years - and I got over setting up pedals real quick, so I'm excited to have my first real pedalboard put together in an easy to transport format. I just finished building the board out of scrap wood to fit in a suitcase over the weekend. I'm already thinking about the next iteration but feeling good about getting it to this point. Back in the day, I only used like 3 pedals since it was all I could afford, so no real need for a board, but now I'm an adult with income...

Couple notes:
- I'm playing around with a stereo amp setup (hence the aby for ground lift), but also need to go mono as I don't always want to drag 2 amps around.
- The wah is actually a jimi (dunlop) fuzz wah - this was my first pedal that I got when I was 15 and may be my old piece of gear, aside from my old MIM strat. Modded so that the fuzz volume is on the side rather than underneath.
- The vol and expression pedals fit into a little bay under the right side of the board for transport
- Power supply is voodoo lab pedal power plus.

Questions:
- Microsynth - ironically not at all micro these days. I love the weirdness of this one (had this since I was 17), but it's HUGE! I tried the newer ones (that was like 15 years ago I guess), and didn't really get into the way they sounded at the time, but maybe they've changed. maybe I've changed. Main limitation is not being able to play more that one note at a time without it going crazy. What's another good alt? I'm considering some kind of envelope filter stacked on fuzz, but everything I've tried is overly nasaly to my tastes. I like that the micro is syrupy. For reference, I dig that maestro filter used on "red bone" - micro can kinda get close, but it's even more unique, to me.

- Considering the VM2 vol/buffer. Thoughts?

- Anything missing in my approach?

- Next pedals I want to check out: disaster transport sr., ditto x4, fuzz factory, moogerfooger ring mod - thoughts?

Guess that's mostly it for now. Thanks for reading - apologies for the verbosity!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_7094.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_7095.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_7102.jpg  
Old 13th February 2019
VDB
Lives for gear

I would check out the earthquaker devices synth pedal, it’s cool.
Old 14th February 2019
Here for the gear

thanks for the rec - that one does sound pretty close! The avalanche is my first taste of EQD and I'm impressed!
Old 15th February 2019

I built the pedal board myself and my amp case. FYI; This is my bass rig. Yes, I love Hartke
Old 27th February 2019
Fx table at Guttersnipe Studio; I run a hybrid guitar/synth rig with a fair bit of semi-modular action available.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-b0a6d144-a310-4c6a-8150-ef2f1b119e35.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-7693bf52-098f-4b4f-98f4-c7ccf44cdc6e.jpg  

Last edited by andysocial; 27th February 2019 at 07:49 AM..
Old 27th February 2019
Gear Addict
Sweet setup Andysocial. I often use pedals as well for my synths. What is your top 3 pedals you own for synths?
Old 28th February 2019
Thanks! What really makes it work, and took some time to figure out, is multiple layers of parallel processing using passive matrix mixers/splitters for routing(instead of main mixer sends) and then 3 Boss LS-2 pedals for sets of fx mixes. The 3 LS-2 outputs are also mixed in parallel, and sent to a dedicated fx amp instead of the main mixers. One such set is a mix with a PLL clone and a Montreal Assembly Count to 5, they really do amazing things, especially to analog mono-synths.
Old 7th March 2019
My grab and go with it's non standard pedal order and Volto 3 rechargeable power source.

Old 13th March 2019
I just bought my first pedal...Ibanez Tube Screamer ts808.

I've been using a Boss me70 for a while.
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people View Post
I just bought my first pedal...Ibanez Tube Screamer ts808.

I've been using a Boss me70 for a while.
Classic! now you need a Big Muff and a Rat to complete the trifecta... maybe a DS-1 and a Fuzz Face as well
Old 14th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
Classic! now you need a Big Muff and a Rat to complete the trifecta... maybe a DS-1 and a Fuzz Face as well
Thanks a lot! Will look into them

Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoenyc View Post
My grab and go with it's non standard pedal order and Volto 3 rechargeable power source.

I never thought I would utter these words, but that is soooo cute!
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

Curiously Strong

I have been back and forth between multi-FX boxes like the GT-10 and pedals for years. I think that this will finally be the last one. When my King of Tone is finally available (one year into the waiting list) I will change it up. The OCD and EP Booster are running at 18V. The Altoid box makes a great pick/extra patch cable box. =)

EDIT: Of course I plan to redo this board, it seems to never end!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_4875.jpg  

Last edited by Dysanfel; 9th May 2019 at 03:48 AM..
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Addict

Here's my combo board for electric, and if I need to use the acoustic, I just drop the acoustic board on. It saves floor space.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board-one.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board-two.jpg  

Last edited by spenceroo; 28th March 2019 at 01:16 PM..
Old 31st March 2019
My pedal board is now complete. I'm happy enough with the delay, reverb, tremolo and vibratone on my Super Champ x2 (only using ch 1, not the ch 2 voice modelings). So these pedals are all I need.

Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Joyo mini board w/ GAFC foot controller into Katana 100 1-12.

Edit for V2
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20190401_144517.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20190416_080242.jpg  

Last edited by Tom Hicks; 16th April 2019 at 02:12 PM..
Old 2nd April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hicks View Post
Joyo mini board w/ GAFC foot controller into Katana 100 1-12.
Did it take you much bread to get that rig together??

Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people View Post
Did it take you much bread to get that rig together??

Dig the cutting board right?
Old 3rd April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hicks View Post
Dig the cutting board right?
It's a cut above the rest

Old 14th April 2019
Here for the gear

Boss BCB-6

Newbie here... cool thread! Hope it's okay to share. My rig has simplified over the years down to this simple BCB-6.

I'm a total Ovation fanatic and my acoustic electrics get played through my rig beginning with a signal splitter with clean signal into a Peavey Session 400. The other signal goes into this BCB-6 and splits at the Maxon BC-01 into a Yamaha KS-50.

The other signal goes through the DD-2 into either a Roland Blues Cube (BC-30) or a Mesa Boogie Mark I depending on the gig. I seem to get the best depth and clarity with this setup. Thanks for letting me share!
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Maniac

I like to keep it simple - clean and dirty...
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-2759e573-f8c1-46b8-b5ad-7bc422b9909c.jpg  
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Guru

but this is a pedalboard thread not an amp thread
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Addict

Here I go

Not in sight

- Hermida Reverb 3 (with tone control)
- Moyo Mini Volume Pedal
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
but this is a pedalboard thread not an amp thread
You do see the two footswich pedals at the bottom, no?
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave View Post
You do see the two footswich pedals at the bottom, no?
yeah, I saw them
Old 23rd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
New pedalboard build. Actually scaled down. I took the Boss SY300 off because I am now playing guitar and keys.

Ah wow, thank you for posting this. I have been trying to remember what that BLACKSTONE pedal was called for months now. I miss it, that was one I probably should have held on to. I went through a "dual overdrive" phase and tried basically everything on the market ten years ago, haha. That was a nice one.

I remember it had some dip switches and settings inside the pedal, however printed inside the unit on the circuit board it said something like, "Quit messing with settings and play the guitar!" Or something like that, haha. Busted.
Old 26th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponkine View Post
Here I go

Not in sight

- Hermida Reverb 3 (with tone control)
- Moyo Mini Volume Pedal
Very nice clean and classy

I have added the EHX. Oceans 11 Reverb since I posted a while back

Old 8th May 2019
Gear Nut

2019 for synth and guitar

small but mean
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20190508_145535.jpg  
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Guru

I love it!
Old 15th May 2019
Here for the gear

the sum'19 update being put together right now, can't wait to test it
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-tumblr_prjku0guwd1rl4kvwo1_r2_1280.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search