The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 17th March 2010
Gear Maniac

jnepo1, I know the guys at TC Electronic HQ and sent them your pictures. They featured them on their facebook page March 10th

/megl
Old 18th March 2010
Gear Head

here is my mess-
Old 18th March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draytone View Post
Do you have an endorsement with TC Electronic? That's alot of gear with the one brand name on it for one board.
Just like their stuff. Bought my first TCs in early eighties and you two of them on the board, with a couple backups on another board.
Old 18th March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by megl View Post
jnepo1, I know the guys at TC Electronic HQ and sent them your pictures. They featured them on their facebook page March 10th

/megl
Thanks, very kind of you. Much appreciated!
Old 19th March 2010
Here for the gear

im a noob here, but im a guitarist first and foremost soooo.....

Old 19th March 2010
Lives for gear
very nice! Great to see the Tim there!
Old 19th March 2010
Here for the gear

the tim is definitely one of the best OD's i've used thumbsup
Old 19th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Cool board

Tell me all about The Swollen Pickle! I really like my Pork Loin, but haven't tried the Pickle yet

/megl
Old 19th March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Cool board

Tell me all about The Swollen Pickle! I really like my Pork Loin, but haven't tried the Pickle yet

/megl
its the hugest sounding muff/fuzz/distortion i've ever heard.

any description i've ever heard anybody give about these, the common factor is always that they sound huge

they're incredibly tweakable, it might take a while to get the specific sound you want.
Old 19th March 2010
Gear Head

you got the new empress superdelay, how is it? I gave the original. it looks great in black
Old 20th March 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaway View Post
its the hugest sounding muff/fuzz/distortion i've ever heard.

any description i've ever heard anybody give about these, the common factor is always that they sound huge

they're incredibly tweakable, it might take a while to get the specific sound you want.
Cool - sounds like I have to check it out. It's the reissue you have, right?

/megl
Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Paul Gibson View Post
you got the new empress superdelay, how is it? I gave the original. it looks great in black
I love my Superdelay but I have serious issues with it: presets not loading correctly, TapTempo function not really beign reliable. I'm going to check if it can be repaired under the warranty. A friend of mine has the Empress Tremolo and he has similar issues with the Tap Tempo function...

The sounds and the flexibility of the SueprDelay are amazing. However, I don't really like the fact that both the wet AND dry sounds go through the converters and therefore are being subjected to latency (however small it may be but I still 'feel' it).

The Superdelay is a totally great design done by people that really care but I think they tried to put too many features into it: They should get rid of the Looper + make the preset recall better (there's no time onstage to tap from Preset 1 to preset 7, recall it and set the tap tempo. No way.)

I dusted up my EH Deluxe Memory Man recently and it was OMG, what a really great and organic sound! I lost faith in digital effects for guitar, period.

FWIW, I'm going to buy the new EH Deluxe Memory Boy (with Tap function) as well as the Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay for Slapback and be done with it!

Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
I lost faith in digital effects for guitar, period.
Hi Andi,

Tried the Eventide Timefactor?
I've had one for a year now- I completely forget it is digital.

T-Rex Replica is damn cool also.
Old 20th March 2010
Gear Head

The sounds and the flexibility of the SueprDelay are amazing. However, I don't really like the fact that both the wet AND dry sounds go through the converters and therefore are being subjected to latency (however small it may be but I still 'feel' it).

I have a solution, for the empress delay, I got an RJM mini mix, it bypasses the coverters in your pedals ad turns your serial loop on your fx loop into a parallel loop. it works like a charm. i hear the rawness of my amp then the delay not that "converter" sound- I tried with my other favorite delay pedal the replica by t-rex.... check it out....
Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have a solution, for the empress delay, I got an RJM mini mix, it bypasses the coverters in your pedals ad turns your serial loop on your fx loop into a parallel loop. it works like a charm. i hear the rawness of my amp then the delay not that "converter" sound- I tried with my other favorite delay pedal the replica by t-rex.... check it out....
Sounds interesting though I try to keep my setup as simple as possible.

I definitely will go the 'one box for each task' route now. Not only for sonic reasons but also because of the workflow. I tend to get distracted live when having to mess with too many pedals/presets and LEDs!
Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
Hi Andi,

Tried the Eventide Timefactor?
I've had one for a year now- I completely forget it is digital.

T-Rex Replica is damn cool also.
Hi Jim!

I had a Replica and thought it sounded very good but I sold it for various reasons. I do think that the SuperDelay is even better-sounding than the Replica. It's very dimensional in the sense that you hear both the dry and wet signals in a spatial way unlike any other pedal I know. So again, I was just really disappointed with the technical problems I experienced.

I'm sure that the Timefactor is great but my plan now is to try to keep it pretty simple: Aqua-Puss for Slapback, Memory Man for 'shimmer' and subtle general use and the Memory Boy for Tap-Tempo stuff and morepronounced swells and stuff....
Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Jim!

I had a Replica and thought it sounded very good but I sold it for various reasons. I do think that the SuperDelay is even better-sounding than the Replica. It's very dimensional in the sense that you hear both the dry and wet signals in a spatial way unlike any other pedal I know. So again, I was just really disappointed with the technical problems I experienced.

I'm sure that the Timefactor is great but my plan now is to try to keep it pretty simple: Aqua-Puss for Slapback, Memory Man for 'shimmer' and subtle general use and the Memory Boy for Tap-Tempo stuff and morepronounced swells and stuff....
3 delays is simple?
I think we have a similar approach to 'simple' heh

I've been using the Timefactor after a Keeley/Ibanez AD9 which is on pretty much on all the time.
Works great.
Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
3 delays is simple?
I think we have a similar approach to 'simple' heh
Old 22nd March 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
its the same other than they made the tape delays sound much more real IMO.

Quote:
Cool - sounds like I have to check it out. It's the reissue you have, right?

/megl
yea its the mkII

Quote:
I love my Superdelay but I have serious issues with it: presets not loading correctly, TapTempo function not really beign reliable. I'm going to check if it can be repaired under the warranty. A friend of mine has the Empress Tremolo and he has similar issues with the Tap Tempo function...

The Superdelay is a totally great design done by people that really care but I think they tried to put too many features into it: They should get rid of the Looper + make the preset recall better (there's no time onstage to tap from Preset 1 to preset 7, recall it and set the tap tempo. No way.)

I dusted up my EH Deluxe Memory Man recently and it was OMG, what a really great and organic sound! I lost faith in digital effects for guitar, period.

FWIW, I'm going to buy the new EH Deluxe Memory Boy (with Tap function) as well as the Way Huge Aqua Puss Delay for Slapback and be done with it!

im actually going to have to send mine back as well. the preset and tap footswitch tend to go haywire more often than i'd prefer. i talked to a guy from empress about it and apparently there were a few cases like this in the first batch of vintage modified superdelays. call them and get an authorization number and they'll fix it for you for free and cover shipping
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
im actually going to have to send mine back as well. the preset and tap footswitch tend to go haywire more often than i'd prefer. i talked to a guy from empress about it and apparently there were a few cases like this in the first batch of vintage modified superdelays. call them and get an authorization number and they'll fix it for you for free and cover shipping
Thanks, that's good to know. Mine it the 'normal' version though.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Just a quick sidenote for all you pedalboard freaks out there:

The DHL man just delivered my Xotic EP Booster and I'm already a huge fan of this tiny box even after 10 minutes of playing.

I struggled with a X.Vex Super Hard-On used as a buffer amp on my pedal board but I always thought that it made any distortion pedal sound thinner.

Not so the EP Booster, this is going to be a permanent part of my setup now. Just the exact amount of added fatness AND clarity, it never gets thin or shrill and it looks cool as well!

EP Booster
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just a quick sidenote for all you pedalboard freaks out there:

The DHL man just delivered my Xotic EP Booster and I'm already a huge fan of this tiny box even after 10 minutes of playing.

I struggled with a X.Vex Super Hard-On used as a buffer amp on my pedal board but I always thought that it made any distortion pedal sound thinner.

Not so the EP Booster, this is going to be a permanent part of my setup now. Just the exact amount of added fatness AND clarity, it never gets thin or shrill and it looks cool as well!

EP Booster
Just heard the demo's.
Sounds great.

I have a Fulltone Fatboost (1) that does a similar thing.
Have you tried that, for comparison?
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just heard the demo's.
Sounds great.

I have a Fulltone Fatboost (1) that does a similar thing.
Have you tried that, for comparison?
No, I used the Super Hard-On and in the past also the MXR Microamp which was very thin-sounding. I'm really amazed how much bigger and fatter the EP sounds but it is also very different from say a Treble Booster.

I suppose that the FatBoost has more overdrive options as it has two controls, whereas the EP is really great for making things bigger and more dimensional as well as acting as a buffer amp for pedalboards. For once, the hype seems to be true......

With the Z.Vex SHO I always went back and forth, not being sure if I really needed the pedal, espcially for overdriven sounds.

Of course it depends on your setup and using a booster early in the chain obviously will add compression especially with distortion boxes and smaller amps.

I haven't even messed with the two dip switches yet on the inside of the EP, there are treble and boost options but I really like it the way it is right now.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I suppose that the FatBoost has more overdrive options as it has two controls, whereas the EP is really great for making things bigger and more dimensional as well as acting as a buffer amp for pedalboards. For once, the hype seems to be true......
Sounds great- I will check it out.

Fatboost doesn't overdrive in a tubescreamer sense of it.
The drive control is actually notched and pretty restrained.
It essentially makes everything bigger.

I'm using a 65 Amps Soho these days and it makes it sound great.

Will try to lay my hands on the EP.
Cheers, Andi.
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Jim, yeah let me now what you think when you try the EP.

Quote:
i talked to a guy from empress about it and apparently there were a few cases like this in the first batch of vintage modified superdelays. call them and get an authorization number and they'll fix it for you for free and cover shipping
I got a very quick response from Empress and I will return the SuperDelay tomorrow for repair.
Old 22nd March 2010
Gear Maniac

I like Xotic, but their EP seems like a blatant rip off:

ClinchFX » EP-PRE

Anyone compared the EP to the ... EP?

/megl
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like Xotic, but their EP seems like a blatant rip off:

ClinchFX » EP-PRE

Anyone compared the EP to the ... EP?

/megl
When I researched the EP Booster, I saw all kinds of discussions about this and it seems pretty ridiculous. I mean, both pedal are inspired by the Echoplex and I can't see how anybody could make a claim as being the 'true' copy.....If you want to call it a rip-off then that's equally true of both pedals.

I mean how many non-Fender guitars follow the basic Fender Stratocaster design?

Anyway, all I care about is that the EP booster sounds fantastic, so I don't really care what it is based on.
Old 22nd March 2010
Gear Maniac

But it seems strange to me why Xotic even made it look like the Clinch EP!

Have you tried both? The ClinchFX is almost imposible to get while the Xotic is more available

/megl
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
But it seems strange to me why Xotic even made it look like the Clinch EP!

Have you tried both? The ClinchFX is almost imposible to get while the Xotic is more available/megl
I dunno. I think each pedal should speak for itself and 'almost impossible to get' probably will lessen the impact that pedal will have on the guitar community I would guess.

BTW, here's a nice clip about the EP and it pretty much confirms my own experience I had with the pedal today:

YouTube - Interview with Allen Hinds EP Booster part 2
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

=|

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search