The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 27th September 2018
My new beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-41089017_10156598142119231_3500027359849873408_n.jpg  
Old 1st October 2018
Gear Head

Here's my new pedalboard I just built. The smaller one is for time-based effects for the effects loop.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-new-pedalboard.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-effects-pedalboard.jpg  
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Addict
Still no pics, but got some new stuff

The new Boss Dimension C and the Stone Deaf Syncopy. After moving my studio in february, then pics :-)
Old 6th October 2018
VDB
Lives for gear

Still a work in progress, I haven’t worked out where I am going to put my delay and reverb stuff, but whatever this works for now.
Picking up a digitech obscura delay and eqd chorus tomorrow to put in the effects loop. And I have a avalanche run too.
Running out of room!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-d118a1ad-d1c5-4073-aa6d-fef36430824b.jpg  
Old 6th October 2018
Lives for gear

Love that Walrus switcher!
Old 8th October 2018
VDB
Lives for gear

Voila, built almost all the cables and added the fx loop stuff.
We will see how it works out. Only got to play it for an hour tonight.
I almost want another walrus switcher and a separate board for fx loop pedals lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-fa9d0e0f-4a25-4575-ad25-bb989cd4a69d.jpg  
Old 8th October 2018
Gear Guru

this is the first time I have seen tan velcro

you learn something new every day
Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post
Still a work in progress, I haven’t worked out where I am going to put my delay and reverb stuff, but whatever this works for now.
Picking up a digitech obscura delay and eqd chorus tomorrow to put in the effects loop. And I have a avalanche run too.
Running out of room!

How are you liking your EQ Gray Channel? I have that and the Avalanche Run and Nightwire too. EQ makes some sick pedals. Just got an H9, so that's going to keep me busy for awhile. How are you digging the Walrus switcher? I really need to start investigating this to get the final piece of my board in place.

Nice looking board.
Old 14th October 2018
VDB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
How are you liking your EQ Gray Channel? I have that and the Avalanche Run and Nightwire too. EQ makes some sick pedals. Just got an H9, so that's going to keep me busy for awhile. How are you digging the Walrus switcher? I really need to start investigating this to get the final piece of my board in place.

Nice looking board.
I like the grey channel a lot.
At first it took me a while to get into it, I found it too boomy but now I've got it figured out.
I can get dirty classic rock rhythm tones on the green channel, and add the tumnus for leads.
Or I can get full stoner rock tones on the red channel and the tumnus stacked.
It's not a metal sounding thing though, not by a stretch, which is fine for me.
Old 14th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
I like the grey channel a lot.
At first it took me a while to get into it, I found it too boomy but now I've got it figured out.
I can get dirty classic rock rhythm tones on the green channel, and add the tumnus for leads.
Or I can get full stoner rock tones on the red channel and the tumnus stacked.
It's not a metal sounding thing though, not by a stretch, which is fine for me.
Yeah, not metal at all and it took me awhile to dial mine in as well, but I really dig it. I think I'm going to get the Boss ES-8 pedal controller, so I can mess around with stacking different loops. Good luck with the rest of your board. Looks sick!
Old 15th October 2018
VDB
Lives for gear

I used to have an ES 5, didn't like the programming on it. I used it with midi compatible pedals, and it was super powerful, but annoying to program.
Now I click on what I want when I want it. Not as flexible but not an issue for now.
I liked all the switching options on it though, could change channels on my amp, presets on my strymon, and program the switches to change the effect temporarily if I wanted. But it was a ton of messing around with the thing. Could be amazing with the h9 though.

How are you liking the h9?
Old 8th November 2018
Lives for gear

Smile

Quote:
I used to have an ES 5, didn't like the programming on it. I used it with midi compatible pedals, and it was super powerful, but annoying to program.
Now I click on what I want when I want it. Not as flexible but not an issue for now.
I liked all the switching options on it though, could change channels on my amp, presets on my strymon, and program the switches to change the effect temporarily if I wanted. But it was a ton of messing around with the thing. Could be amazing with the h9 though.

How are you liking the h9?

Yeah, the ES-8 is pretty darn incredible. I am loving being able to program it to have any combo of pedals in any order and not having to physically change them. Super powerful.

The H9 is mind blowing good. I was playing one of the stock reverbs with beautiful trails and there was a guy working next door ( I'm a music teacher) and his jaw was dropping and he was telling me he heard those chords in a dream and couldn't recreate it. Nothing major, just some minor and major third intervals, but it was all the H9 doing the magic.

I would say that not only is it a great pedal, but an excellent way to break out of ruts for songwriting or when you need some new production ideas. It's much more than just a pedal. That's what the Eventide guys do though. They make musical boxes. I would say grab one if you can. The app is amazingly helpful too for messing and tweaking patches. Really super fun.

Keep on crushing it!
Old 8th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
I have a Bogner Atma, which has relay switching. But the ES-5 also has MIDI out to switch programs.

Hey Joe,

I just picked up an ES-8 and H9 pedal. Do you have any cool tips for learning to program the midi end of the es-8 for the hH9? I'm redoing my whole board and just ordered a bunch of Mogami cable and Squareplug connectors.

Getting rid of the Holeyboard and zip ties and going back to a Pedal Train with flight case. lol. I thought I would dig the Holeyboard way more, but the Pedal Train is perfect. I think it's better too because it's rectangular in shape and not curved like the Holeyboard. Way better with the long rectangular shape of the ES-8. Man, I have my homework cutout for me, but it was time to take my board to a pro-level to match the work I am doing.

Keep on rocking brother!!!
Old 17th November 2018
I bought Fuzz.

Itching to try it out.

Old 19th November 2018
Here for the gear

No board. Just wanted to see what would happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-0914444f-5958-4475-b022-5fdb32333769.jpg  
Old 19th November 2018
Gear Nut

What's the thingamabob attached to the guitar?
Old 20th November 2018
Here for the gear

This is my pedal board. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20180915_023050.jpg  
Old 20th November 2018
Lives for gear

For Sampled Instruments and Synths.
Dont need to step on them.
They are MIDI Automated, real time parameter modulation is the juice for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-aea32a9d-4b44-4109-8bb6-52d1c50416f8.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-7c0a35bf-6653-415b-be32-a37dafa39fa0.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-11bf9661-508d-4dd4-a939-ee277e5d2c86.jpg  
Old 20th November 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimBrent View Post
What's the thingamabob attached to the guitar?
It’s a Dan Armstrong “Green Ringer” that was made by Mu-Tron in the 70’s. It was a plug-in effect that connected straight into the guitar and had an on/off switch. It was part of the same line that included the “Purple Peaker,” “Orange Squeezer,” “Blue Clipper,” and so on. The “Green Ringer” was a fuzz/octave-up effect.
Old 20th November 2018
Gear Guru

Green Ringer is fantastic. I have a DIY version that I built as a floor pedal. Great octave/grungy sound. Plays well with drive pedals.
Old 22nd November 2018
Gear Head

This is my first pedalboard in about 15 years. After playing acoustic stuff forever I’m finally in a full band again. After rotating out a lot of overdrives I’m almost set, the Mr. Black is going to get swapped for a Flint. Feel free to tell me they’re in the wrong order, or what I should fill that last space with.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-cc5f0b10-8ba7-4487-b838-67d3df7495f9.jpg  
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogilthorpe View Post
Feel free to tell me they’re in the wrong order, or what I should fill that last space with.
Where's the Freqout sitting (the picture doesn't give it away)? Should probably be the first thing straight after the tuner.
Old 22nd November 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
Where's the Freqout sitting (the picture doesn't give it away)? Should probably be the first thing straight after the tuner.
Really...I have it after the overdrives and before the delay. Educate me on why it should be there.
Old 22nd November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really...I have it after the overdrives and before the delay. Educate me on why it should be there.
I still don't own a Freqout but only had one here for a testride for a few days (great unit, fwiw) and it seemed to get me more reliable results as the first thing in the chain.
Makes a bit of sense to me, too, as I could imagine that the Freqout would prefer a rather clean signal to perform its mojo as good as possible.
But then, I think it's best if you try for yourself, I only replied because you've asked for possible signal chain improvements and that might be one option to check out.
Also, while the processing might work better with a clean guitar sound, with an overdrive in front your sustain (or rather decay) is already enhanced, so perhaps that's even a good way to get longer lasting feedbacks from the Freqout.
But as said, I'd just try things out.
Old 22nd November 2018
Gear Head

Thanks, I’ll try moving it around.
Old 25th November 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
This is my first pedalboard in about 15 years. After playing acoustic stuff forever I’m finally in a full band again. After rotating out a lot of overdrives I’m almost set, the Mr. Black is going to get swapped for a Flint. Feel free to tell me they’re in the wrong order, or what I should fill that last space with.
Can't believe on this website of all places no one gave me a suggestion to put in that open slot!
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can't believe on this website of all places no one gave me a suggestion to put in that open slot!
I think that's because noone knows what kinda sounds you're after.
Old 3rd December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsterjim View Post
For Sampled Instruments and Synths.
Dont need to step on them.
They are MIDI Automated, real time parameter modulation is the juice for me.
Looks like you can get a lot of different flavors with that rig ....
Old 10th December 2018
Lives for gear

My BOSS collection!

Old 12th December 2018
Lives for gear

I mainly gig Strats but occasionally toss in a Rickenbacker. Life is good with a Rickenbacker my friends.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search