The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th May 2018
  #2281
Lives for gear
 
chet.d's Avatar
 

Just got a bad pixel gold face (in the middle), point to point germanium take on the fuzz face. Wanted to mention it’s very sweet.
As is the Fairfield circuitry meet maude echo.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-2e07530b-a3c6-41c1-917a-7efc8ac92341.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-41ff00df-6e51-4ab4-8195-2f78bcb7aab8.jpg  
Old 3rd June 2018
  #2282
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
Here's one from the middle of February (changes all the time)

Old 4th June 2018
  #2283
Lives for gear
 
KevWind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
Here's one from the middle of February (changes all the time)

I am unfamiliar with the red and gold one, where is the foot switch ?
Old 4th June 2018
  #2284
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I am unfamiliar with the red and gold one, where is the foot switch ?
Haha, it also has a "Toob innit"
Old 7th June 2018
  #2285
Gear Addict
My pedalboard without board.

The space, timeline, super pulsar and revolver dx are send fx from my daw.



I might still want a simple slapback delay for finger picking.

List:
- mooer elady (analog flanger)
- mooer ensemble king (analog chorus)
- trex michaelangelo signature booster, od
- dod juice box, od
- xotic ep booster, booster
- boss blues driver, booster/od
- ehx green russian, fuzz
- ehx super pulsar, tremelo
- strymon timeline, delay
- eventide space, reverb
- hexe revolver dx, stutter pedal
- van weelden super overdrive, preamp/od
- walrus audio deep six, compressor
Old 16th June 2018
  #2286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
We're an original band, so I am just going for some interesting tones/textures. I do lead/melody/pad/texture parts. The rhythm player has 2 sounds...clean and crunch.

It's not so complicated now that I added the ES-5. No more tap dancing.
what Bogner and what are you using to get the midi changes from the ES-5 to the bogner? I recently picked up an Ecstasy 101b that I'm starting to use for gigs.
Old 16th June 2018
  #2287
Lives for gear
 
Joe Porto's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
what Bogner and what are you using to get the midi changes from the ES-5 to the bogner? I recently picked up an Ecstasy 101b that I'm starting to use for gigs.
I have a Bogner Atma, which has relay switching. But the ES-5 also has MIDI out to switch programs.
Old 17th June 2018
  #2288
Gear Nut
 

I gotta say

this is the best clean i ever got

guitar/delay/amp

yummy
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20180613_141158.jpg  
Old 19th June 2018
  #2289
Gear Nut
 

it lasted 2 days

..
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20180619_173536.jpg  
Old 19th June 2018
  #2290
Lives for gear
 
blakestree's Avatar
 

Blackout Effectors are tasty.
Old 25th June 2018
  #2291
VDB
Lives for gear
 



The latest. I think I am pretty happy as is, although GAS tells me otherwise!
Old 17th July 2018
  #2292
Gear Head
 
rsm0's Avatar
My main board, for at least a year or more?



Also use a Zoom G1Xon (recently got a used G9.2tt, had one when it was new), and a Line 6 Helix LT
Old 25th July 2018
  #2293
Here for the gear
 

Pedalboard

Here’s mine: Dunlop 95 wah with true bypass mod, Analogman Bi-Comprossor, Catalinbread Silicone Karma Suture, Analogman Bi-Chorus, Strymon Blue Sky, Big Joe Stomp Box rechargeable Lithium power, Analogman ARDX20 delay.
Footswitch for EVH5150III 100 watt head.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-c38cd8f0-b373-4108-a744-80d0696c5d2c.jpg  
Old 25th July 2018
  #2294
Here for the gear
 

Don't get me wrong. Sit me in studio with a patch bay, racks up racks, and huge console and I go to town. But when I play the guitar, is usually the axe and the amp. When I do a Hendrix show, I use a Cry Baby, a Roland Fuzz, a Digitech Hendrix, and a Dunlop Univibe. I have a foot pedal to the Marshall. And thats too damn much. Bought a Blues Jr last week. No plans for any pedals for that rig!
Old 25th July 2018
  #2295
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugir View Post
Don't get me wrong. Sit me in studio with a patch bay, racks up racks, and huge console and I go to town. But when I play the guitar, is usually the axe and the amp. When I do a Hendrix show, I use a Cry Baby, a Roland Fuzz, a Digitech Hendrix, and a Dunlop Univibe. I have a foot pedal to the Marshall. And thats too damn much. Bought a Blues Jr last week. No plans for any pedals for that rig!
That's all fine. But then, I don't play Hendrix shows (I wouldn't know what that would be good for anyway). And I need other sounds. And I need a pedalboard. Which is what this thread is about.
Old 29th July 2018
  #2296
Lives for gear
 
blakestree's Avatar
 

Old 31st July 2018
  #2297
Here's my updated PB, gone is the TC Hypergravity and the Hall of Fame, I replaced the compressor with the Carl Martin compressor limiter and I replace the Hall Of Fame with a Strymon Blue Sky. The routing is, plug into the wah, to the Eventide to the Carl Martin to my Visual Volume Pedal back to the amp, And the FX insert of the amp goes to the small TC Flashback into the triple delay and lastly into the Strymon. I'm thinking of picking up a quartermaster for FX bypass and switching. The only drag now is this board is really getting heavy, it weighs at least as much as my Bogner Ecstasy 101b head.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1342.jpg  

Last edited by Musiclab; 9th August 2018 at 02:59 PM..
Old 8th August 2018
  #2298
Lives for gear
 

My advanced, tidied up version.


Even less FX options (just cycling through Delay, more Delay and Reverb), otherwise an amazingly capable setup, working pretty much as a standard pedalboard, yet with some nice modeling goodies on it - Ampli-Firebox for anything dirt and AMT Pangaea for what I think is a very decent clean sound (they added some amp simulation to it recently and I baked a proper IR of my own). Can quite easily use it fullrange/DI (the main intention), in front of a clean amp or into the return of an amps FX loop.
Managed to get all the cables organized nicely below that self-built pedal-raiser. An incredible improvement for me (I went through all that messy "oh, let me quickly slap that together, see if it more or less works and call it a day" cable horror for decades).
Old 5th September 2018
  #2299
Gear Maniac
 

By the end of the year I will post a pic of my completed pedal setup. I have almost all of it, I just have a few more pedals to collect.

Right now I got...

Benson Amplifiers Tallbird
Fulltone Tube Tape Echo Delay
Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal [Quantity. 2]
Moog MF-101 Lowpass Filter [Quantity. 2]
Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator [Quantity. 2]
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser [Quantity. 2]
Moog MF-104M Analog Delay [Quantity. 2]
Moog MF-105M Midi Murf [Quantity. 2]
Moog MF-107 Freqbox [Quantity. 2]
Moog MF-108M Cluster Flux [Quantity. 2]
Strymon Big Sky
Strymon Timeline
Strymon Mobius
WMD Geiger Counter Pro [Quantity. 2]
Chandler Limited Germanium Drive [Quantity. 2]
Jam Pedals Wahcko+
Jam Pedals Wahcko+ Bass

I still need to get...
Sola Sound Tone Bender Professional MKii [Quantity. 2] (I'm on the waiting list)
Lehle Stereo Volume Pedal
A good overdrive/distortion for bass [Quantity. 2] ???
A good fuzz for bass [Quantity. 2] ???
A good octave/harmonizer ???

I'm trying to have the holy grail collection of pedals. Is there anything you guys think I may be missing?

P.S. _ I don't even play guitar, I use these for mixing, synths, etc... lol.
Old 6th September 2018
  #2300
Gear Maniac
Gurus Echosex T7E (though wait to see if maintenance issues become frequent with them - very bad product launch by Gurus, but could be great for you -- or another Echorec type, but Gurus is less metallic sounding than Dawner Prince Boonar)
Strymon Deco
Walrus Fathom
Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale
Catalinbread Adineko
Old Dunlop NKT275 Fuzz Face Germ Red Round or Analogman NKT or TIUK fuzz face (or both)

Those are all pretty special pedals to me that could work in your context. Enjoy your board!
Old 11th September 2018
  #2301
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecMyWorld View Post
Gurus Echosex T7E (though wait to see if maintenance issues become frequent with them - very bad product launch by Gurus, but could be great for you -- or another Echorec type, but Gurus is less metallic sounding than Dawner Prince Boonar)
Strymon Deco
Walrus Fathom
Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale
Catalinbread Adineko
Old Dunlop NKT275 Fuzz Face Germ Red Round or Analogman NKT or TIUK fuzz face (or both)

Those are all pretty special pedals to me that could work in your context. Enjoy your board!
Thanks!

I have been looking at Analog.Man Sun Faces...
Old 12th September 2018
  #2302
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
Analog Man fuzz faces are among my favorites of fuzz faces (germanium or silicon) of course I built them myself, but his circuits are spot-on
Old 15th September 2018
  #2303
Lives for gear
 
Kronos147's Avatar
I posted this board in 2016. It looked like a mess.

My last post: Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!

This post is about the 2018 incarnation.



My friend built me the aluminum frame based off of my design. He used a waterjet and metal forming (bending) techniques to build it.

Thanks Fernando G.!



Here is the latest setup of the Kronos Kickstand.

The kickstand works perfectly with the Loop-Master 7 looper. It tucks between the front and the cables go right beneath and through the slots to the pedals.

There is a Pedal Power 2 underneath on the hardware store bought 2' x 12" shelf.

The power supply runs all of the pedals and the loop master, except the London Fuzz. That is powered by the battery in the little compartment off the the right side by the wah.

Both the boost and the overdrive have Xotic voltage doublers to feed them 18v.

The cable ends are switchcraft and the cable is Mogami 2330.



Cheat sheet for the Mooer.



All lit up.



Pedal Order:
Input on back panel to the Loop Master, and in the loops:
Fuzz - London Fuzz
Wah - Vox 847(?)
Boost - Pigtronix Class A Boost (Howard Davis!)
Compressor - Keely Compressor Pro
Over Drive - Wampler Plexi Drive
Mod - Mooer Mod Factory and the Donner chorus are connected; they are connected and can be toggled on and off individually on the pedals themselves.
Delay - MXR\Dunlop Carbon Copy Delay
Loop master out to the output on the back panel
Old 16th September 2018
  #2304
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos147 View Post
I posted this board in 2016. It looked like a mess.

My last post: Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!

This post is about the 2018 incarnation.



My friend built me the aluminum frame based off of my design. He used a waterjet and metal forming (bending) techniques to build it.

Thanks Fernando G.!



Here is the latest setup of the Kronos Kickstand.

The kickstand works perfectly with the Loop-Master 7 looper. It tucks between the front and the cables go right beneath and through the slots to the pedals.

There is a Pedal Power 2 underneath on the hardware store bought 2' x 12" shelf.

The power supply runs all of the pedals and the loop master, except the London Fuzz. That is powered by the battery in the little compartment off the the right side by the wah.

Both the boost and the overdrive have Xotic voltage doublers to feed them 18v.

The cable ends are switchcraft and the cable is Mogami 2330.



Cheat sheet for the Mooer.



All lit up.



Pedal Order:
Input on back panel to the Loop Master, and in the loops:
Fuzz - London Fuzz
Wah - Vox 847(?)
Boost - Pigtronix Class A Boost (Howard Davis!)
Compressor - Keely Compressor Pro
Over Drive - Wampler Plexi Drive
Mod - Mooer Mod Factory and the Donner chorus are connected; they are connected and can be toggled on and off individually on the pedals themselves.
Delay - MXR\Dunlop Carbon Copy Delay
Loop master out to the output on the back panel

Nicely done - Would be great if the Xotic doublers could be underneath the board to clean it up, but oh well.

On your Mooer cheat sheet - I'd cover it in both sides with clear packing tape to keep sweat, beer, water from making it unreadable - cheaper than laminating.

On the London Fuzz, have you tried powering it from outputs 7 or 8 with the variable voltage on the Pedal Power 2? Didn't realize it was that sensitive.
Old 16th September 2018
  #2305
Lives for gear
 
Kronos147's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Nicely done - Would be great if the Xotic doublers could be underneath the board to clean it up, but oh well.
I kind of like the whole symmetry of the board but you have a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
On the London Fuzz, have you tried powering it from outputs 7 or 8 with the variable voltage on the Pedal Power 2? Didn't realize it was that sensitive.
The pedal power is full and sometimes I use fuzzes with the true negative tip issue so it really, really needs to be isolated.

I also read batteries are better for fuzz, but what do I know?
Old 16th September 2018
  #2306
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos147 View Post
I kind of like the whole symmetry of the board but you have a good point.



The pedal power is full and sometimes I use fuzzes with the true negative tip issue so it really, really needs to be isolated.

I also read batteries are better for fuzz, but what do I know?
I have found that batteries do sound "a little different."

Mainly a PSU will just give a little extra zing on top, battery is an ever so slightly "warmer" sound.

I would use either one in practice, it's just a question of practicality and logistics.
Old 17th September 2018
  #2307
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos147 View Post
I kind of like the whole symmetry of the board but you have a good point.



The pedal power is full and sometimes I use fuzzes with the true negative tip issue so it really, really needs to be isolated.

I also read batteries are better for fuzz, but what do I know?
Given the power requirements of your pedals, you could easily double up several to free up the 7 & 8 to simulate lower voltage batteries for the fuzz. Voodoo Lab sells negative tip cables - not sure what you mean by "true negative tip." Since both channels are independent, you could feed the fuzz with one at less than 9V and keep the other at 9V.

Mooer Mod Factory - 128ma
Donner Chorus - I don't know that one, but their Ensemble king is 9ma. These two pedals share an an audio loop, it's fine for them to share power and be under the 200ma per output. I have several pedals on the same audio path sharing power and it's not an issue as long as it's under 200ma per output and they're not super finicky.

Pigtronix Boost - 2ma, 9v or 18v
Wampler - 10ma in 18v mode.
Vox Wah - <1ma

Figured I'd share these in case you didn't know. I'm looking to update my pedalboard, and part of that is figuring what goes on what loop, both audio and then PP2 output wise...
Old 24th September 2018
  #2308
Electron torture device.



Buffer > Comp > Wah > Full Moon > Shredmaster > UM100 > Muff > Phaser > Vol
Old 25th September 2018
  #2309
Lives for gear
 
blakestree's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
Electron torture device.



Buffer > Comp > Wah > Full Moon > Shredmaster > UM100 > Muff > Phaser > Vol
Interesting. Which dirt box do you, honestly, prefer?
Old 26th September 2018
  #2310
All together.

The muff on its own isn't my favourite fuzz tone, yet placed at the end it works well for me.

The Shredmaster has 1 decent setting with the contour anti-clockwise. The Bass control doesn't do much. 3/4 to full gain is the sweetspot..

The Full Moon distortion is good on humbuckers because you can engage the bright switch. Early days so still in the honeymoon period.

The UM100 is brilliant and if left with choosing one...and it pains me to say it but the Ultra Metal by Behringer is the one I'd keep. It's a cheap n nasty pedal in the hand and fitting a battery is a spring loaded joke but the pots are solid and it makes every guitar I own instantly METAL.... wait a minute....no no.

The Shredmaster..my first distortion pedal has to stay.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
guru007 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4
Blast9 / So much gear, so little time
1
Trancetones / So much gear, so little time
3
shikawkee / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump