The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th November 2017
Gear Nut

Old 7th November 2017
Gear Nut

Old 3rd December 2017
Gear Addict

Wonder why none of the photos from the early pages show up.
Old 4th December 2017
^^^Maybe they were hosted with photobucket.
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
Exactly
Old 5th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
Ya the PhotoBucket. Fiasco left missing photos in many forums.
Fortunately I did not have too many photos on PhotoBucket so switching to " Imgur" was easy and it also seems to be much more glitch free
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

But it screwed over a lot of older pics that were relevant.

Photosuckit, I hope there is a private place for whoever made this decision in hell and that it involves a mace and your private iron maiden. (and lots of justin beiber)
Old 9th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
I keep it as simple as possible. I stuck the Univibe on because I wanted to try it out but I'll probably take it off.

I used a Fuchs Creme de la Trem for years but it broke for the second time (during a series of shows oversees) a few months ago, so I replaced it with the Demeter.

Different thing, but still cool. I love the Fuchs, but reliability is something I love more than toan.

Aside from the UV and the Trem my board has hardly changed in the past 20-something years. At some point I replaced my Dyna Comp and Ibanez 808 with the Maxon versions because they were getting too old. I also replaced my Arion tuner with a TU-2 then a Peterson (which broke and was fixed then broke again) and finally the TU-3.

The best thing about this board is that the power supply (black box on left) is rechargeable, so no wires to an outlet. Much cleaner setup with no hums.

Oh look, mr fancy pants has a Klon, aren't you special......wait, YOU HAVE A KLON, OMGELEVENTY1111111111111!
Old 23rd December 2017
Here's my home board... I don't have a Klon but, I have a Klon Klone!

...and my gig board
Old 23rd December 2017
Lives for gear

The C9 seems like an interesting pedal to me.
Old 23rd December 2017
Gear Addict

Picked up a danelectro spring king pedal. I was debating for awhile just getting a new reverb tank for my amp that I could use also as outboard gear. Got this instead. A little more practical and it sounds really cool.
Old 16th January 2018
Here for the gear

Band House Recordings-Pedal Board Setup

Old 4th February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratgirl View Post
So this thread is TEN YEARS OLD today!!

perfect day to announce America's Saddest Pedalboard Contest.

Best pedal board evar <3
Old 4th February 2018
No board just pedals.

My Fx.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1355.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1347.jpg  
Old 5th February 2018
Gear Nut

A long waited downgrade!

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20180204_132230.jpg  
Old 6th February 2018
Lives for gear

Possibly one of the least shiniest boards shown in this thread, but very functional.
Going DI with this, thanks to Atomics Ampli-Firebox.
Bought the Goldsmith thanks to this thread and Pete Thorns review (a friend picked it up for me in the USA), still a great drive.
You may laugh at the Zoom G3, but it's astonishingly neutral, sits in the last loop and does delay/reverb only, so I'm fine with it.
The Mooer looper (if coming with a certain amount of utterly stupid engineering proof) is working quite nicely, too.

Loops contain: (1) comp, (2) Goldsmith, Hotone Grass and and gate, (3) AFB, (4) "clean" channel EQ, (5) lead level EQ, (6) Zoom G3. Wah sits before everything. I have an option to add a volume pedal to the AFB loop (didn't fit on my old but incredibly road-ready case anymore, but I can store it inside the lid).
I use A/B mode on the AFB (which is always on), one completely clean pedalfriendly D Luxe thingy and (so far) a Freedman BE model set to very low gain, resulting in 2 global sonic options. For all leads (regardless of drives pre-selected or whether I'm going clean) the compressor and lead level EQ are activated, for clean stuff (or somewhat breaking up, depending on the AFB channel) I'm always switching the "clean EQ" on which allows me to balance the levels between clean/driven easily, plus it adds a little top end that I have to dial out a bit on the AFB to make it sound better with drives.
Works a treat (could post snipplets, just in case someone wants to know how this sounds).

Old 6th February 2018
Here for the gear

Monkey Dream Pedalboards

Just seeing the info about the passing of the owner of Monkey Dream, very sad...Whatever anybody says about his pedals, he was a master tech and an authorized dealer/installer of the Graph Tech Ghost system.

I have, I believe, the only Ghost Midi install he ever did on a bass, which he did back in 2012...I really had to talk him into taking on a bass but he eventually did thankfully. He also put custom LEDs in the cavity with a clear cover so you can enjoy the madness of all the wiring. His tech work was perfect and the Midi system on this bass still works flawlessly. I was in contact with him shortly before his passing to do another bass and then he dropped off the map. May he RIP. I will post pics of his fantastic work once I figure it out on this site...
Old 7th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post
Possibly one of the least shiniest boards shown in this thread, but very functional.
Bought the Goldsmith thanks to this thread and Pete Thorns review (a friend picked it up for me in the USA), still a great drive.
You may laugh at the Zoom G3, but it's astonishingly neutral, sits in the last loop and does delay/reverb only, so I'm fine with it.
The Mooer looper (if coming with a certain amount of utterly stupid engineering proof) is working quite nicely, too.

Loops contain: (1) comp, (2) Goldsmith, Hotone Grass and and gate, (3) AFB, (4) "clean" channel EQ, (5) lead level EQ, (6) Zoom G3. Wah sits before everything. I have an option to add a volume pedal to the AFB loop (didn't fit on my old but incredibly road-ready case anymore, but I can store it inside the lid).
I use A/B mode on the AFB (which is always on), one completely clean pedalfriendly D Luxe thingy and (so far) a Freedman BE model set to very low gain, resulting in 2 global sonic options. For all leads (regardless of drives pre-selected or whether I'm going clean) the compressor and lead level EQ are activated, for clean stuff (or somewhat breaking up, depending on the AFB channel) I'm always switching the "clean EQ" on which allows me to balance the levels between clean/driven easily, plus it adds a little top end that I have to dial out a bit on the AFB to make it sound better with drives.
Works a treat (could post snipplets, just in case someone wants to know how this sounds).

The only question I have is the tuner. That is the weirdest way I've seen a tuner used in a pedal board.
Old 8th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowrongfoo View Post
The only question I have is the tuner. That is the weirdest way I've seen a tuner used in a pedal board.
Well, it just didn't fit well anywhere else. The Mooer looper has a tuner out and a mute function, so the cable run is very short, it's not in the signal path otherwise and visibility is just fine. Really doesn't take much (if any) time to get adjusted to the needle/arrows being aligned horizontally. The only caveat are the not too bright LEDs, so in direct sunlight I might run into troubles, but all my guitars are pretty much optimized to stay in tune (locking tuners, GraphTech saddles and well filed/lubricated nuts), so theoretically I could usually get away tuning my guitars just once per gig (I do of course check inbetween songs, though).
Oh, and I can still adjust the reference pitch with a bit of a finger bending, should that ever be required.
Old 30th March 2018
Gear Maniac

Would be nice to have all your pedals listed, along with the photo(s)

Thank you!

Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Just finished a slightly larger board for my 3-channel Bogner. The ES-5 switches amp channels and pedals (plus manual amp switching with the A/B switch). Decimator II, El Capistan and Ditto are in the amp's FX loop.

Old 20th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Just finished a slightly larger board for my 3-channel Bogner. The ES-5 switches amp channels and pedals (plus manual amp switching with the A/B switch). Decimator II, El Capistan and Ditto are in the amp's FX loop.

You run a pretty complex live show?

-tINY

Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINY View Post

You run a pretty complex live show?

-tINY

We're an original band, so I am just going for some interesting tones/textures. I do lead/melody/pad/texture parts. The rhythm player has 2 sounds...clean and crunch.

It's not so complicated now that I added the ES-5. No more tap dancing.
Old 20th April 2018
Gear Addict

This is my amp-free live rig - and probably not what the OP had in mind - but what the heck, it's a board, and it has pedals on it!

I have the TC Helicon Voicelive3 primarily for vocals, BUT it has 2 excellent and versatile parametric EQ's built in, either side of a DWG (distortion wave generator) - which I can get to behave like a Tubescreamer, or to make my guitar sound like anything from a Tele to an SG or anything in between. It also does a nice job as a compressor, and gives me an option to have some delays before my preamp.

Next up is a Laney IRT Pulse 2 x 12AX7 preamp. Since this is fed by the TCH VL3, I have fine control of what goes into the valve stage - I can keep the input low and clean, or hot and heavy.

That goes into an AMT Pangaea CP100-FX. A clever toy from Russia that is primarily an IR player, so I can load whatever cab/mic combinations I want (dual cab with stereo panning) and take that to the PA. It also has a decent power amp simulator. It does a very good job of emulating a Laney power amp, which goes nicely with the Laney pre-amp - who knew? It also contains all those FX that normally sit in your FX loop, and another parametric EQ for final tweaks to adjust for room/PA characteristics on the night.

Lastly, an ABY box is there because I can blend my dirty signal from the Laney Preamp, which I set quite hot, with a clean signal that bypasses it.

Oh, and by the way, the TCH VL3 is using midi to control the AMT C100-FX, so I can save all my best tones as a preset to be recalled easily when playing live.

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-file_000-1-.jpg  

Last edited by grannis; 20th April 2018 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: picture didnt show
Old 22nd April 2018
Gear Nut

Here’s mine..
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-cf4815c2-ab0b-4563-a0ae-ee5c41ec798d.jpg  
Old 30th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticFilms View Post
Here’s mine..
interesting setup - are all those pedals on all the time, or is there a switcher out of sight? the two TS9s in series with tone settings plus the MXR EQ with low end cut looks interesting - what kind of music?
Old 30th April 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
interesting setup - are all those pedals on all the time, or is there a switcher out of sight? the two TS9s in series with tone settings plus the MXR EQ with low end cut looks interesting - what kind of music?
No, the pedals aren’t on all the time. The lights are on for theiir photo shoot.

Music ranges in genre, but mostly hard blues. Dead Weather, Black Keys, The Heavy, Quaker City Night Hawks type stuff... The TS9 set as more of a boost with a little dirt, gets the most use. I use the second TS9 to add high end juice and more dirt, and then kick in the ST2 Compressor for howl. The three are usually in use together for solos only. Other than those moments, the one TS9 is most present.

The other pedals are more nuance and for specific tracks. For instance, the MXR EQ you mentioned, is set for a sort of guitar through a megaphone effect. When in use with the Octave pedal, its vety nasty. Thats typically my sound, which is why i use a very clean amp. I also bring in a Mini deja Vibe from time to time for more nuance options. I like to have a lot of options for subtlety.
Old 16th May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sascha Franck View Post

Very interested in pedalboards with multieffects along with single pedals.
I own a Zoom G3n and I think it would be enough for me for amp/cab sim, delays and revs. My only worry is some overdrive stompbox in order to have less patch to scroll up or down.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search