The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 27th June 2017
Gear Guru

wow ... hard to compete with this last one .. all lit up and Sh_ _ ..

now i want some of those newer Smaller pedals .. the big hole on the left is for a TC Flashback X4 !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1508.jpg.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1509.jpg.jpg  
Old 30th June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post

now i want some of those newer Smaller pedals .. the big hole on the left is for a TC Flashback X4 !!!
check out the Triple Delay.
Old 30th June 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
check out the Triple Delay.
just did a little comparison .. i like this Triple Delay .. need to decide whether i want the Looper functions ..

thx for the Introduction to Triple Delay !!! and would fit in the empty hole on the pedalboard perfectly ..

john
Old 4th July 2017
Quote:
just did a little comparison .. i like this Triple Delay .. need to decide whether i want the Looper functions ..

thx for the Introduction to Triple Delay !!! and would fit in the empty hole on the pedalboard perfectly ..

john
It's the same size as the Flashback X4
Old 6th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
It will be great! I recently got a TC Alter Ego 'Vintage Echo', it's basically the same layout as the X4. Also, there is the Toneprint option which means that more sounds (non-vintage ones for one) can be stored.

After going through at least 20 delays of all sorts over the years I'm happy to say that the Alter Ego works exactly like I want a delay to work. As an owner of a WEM Copycat and Klemt Echolette (great units but impractical for live use though I did it a few times) I'm really surprised how good the TC emulations sound.

Most importantly, there is ZERO tonesuck going on and the delays are transparent but still vibey. There are few controls (Time/Feedback/Delay Level) though you can change anything through Toneprint which I haven't even tried yet. But I found that having fewer controls is a great help, especially given how good the delays sound. I spent way less time fiddling with endless options and like anything TC does, the build quality is great.

I don't really need the looper (actually I just got a TC Ditto X4) but it's nice to have and I like that the Delay Level control still works in looper mode.
Old 6th July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
It will be great! I recently got a TC Alter Ego 'Vintage Echo', it's basically the same layout as the X4. Also, there is the Toneprint option which means that more sounds (non-vintage ones for one) can be stored.

After going through at least 20 delays of all sorts over the years I'm happy to say that the Alter Ego works exactly like I want a delay to work. As an owner of a WEM Copycat and Klemt Echolette (great units but impractical for live use though I did it a few times) I'm really surprised how good the TC emulations sound.

Most importantly, there is ZERO tonesuck going on and the delays are transparent but still vibey. There are few controls (Time/Feedback/Delay Level) though you can change anything through Toneprint which I haven't even tried yet. But I found that having fewer controls is a great help, especially given how good the delays sound. I spent way less time fiddling with endless options and like anything TC does, the build quality is great.

I don't really need the looper (actually I just got a TC Ditto X4) but it's nice to have and I like that the Delay Level control still works in looper mode.
i had borrowed the Alter Ego from a friend .. and until i plugged in my iPad and starting messing with the Toneprint feature, he did not want it back .. then all of a sudden, he wanted it back ..

so my search for a pedal that had a few more controls that i could use with my feet .. toneprint is damn cool
Old 18th July 2017
Gear Head

Below is an image of my main pedalboard setup, which is primarily used for R&B/Soul music:

Like most guitarist, I have collected a lot of pedals over the years and tend to swap different options as needed.
Old 18th July 2017
Here for the gear

Here's mine:-
Aclam board - excellent for not messing up pedals with Velcro, etc.

http://www.johnsongs.com/Pedalboard_Jun17_Small.jpg
Old 19th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Check out the new JHS Pink Panther. It's the size of a regular boss pedal, but has a tap-tempo switch. Maybe you can fit two pedals in that hole!
Old 19th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmaduke8 View Post
Here's mine:-
Aclam board - excellent for not messing up pedals with Velcro, etc.

http://www.johnsongs.com/Pedalboard_Jun17_Small.jpg
In case you weren't aware,that OCD is fake.
Old 19th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicklickz View Post
In case you weren't aware,that OCD is fake.
Care to elaborate? I thought the fake ones were bright white with screws on the bottom. If that's a fake, they went to a lot of trouble to create the side screw enclosure, being that the OCD is the only pedal I know of with that design.
Old 19th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Care to elaborate? I thought the fake ones were bright white with screws on the bottom. If that's a fake, they went to a lot of trouble to create the side screw enclosure, being that the OCD is the only pedal I know of with that design.
Sorry,post deleted.The image was blurry and I couldn't see it,but I can now looking on a monitor instead of a little screen.I'm a little triggered on these lately,someone keeps selling fake ones on Craigslist with rear screws but not front ones,where the fakes used to have no side screws.
Old 19th July 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Check out the new JHS Pink Panther. It's the size of a regular boss pedal, but has a tap-tempo switch. Maybe you can fit two pedals in that hole!
hi Joe, thx for the idea ... it lloks cool .. i wish it was more than 1 sec of delay .. i should have said, i am looking to get something that would replace the Line 6 Green Delay .. longer delays ..

and you are a true gearslut to say put two pedals in that spot
Old 19th July 2017
Lives for gear

I keep it as simple as possible. I stuck the Univibe on because I wanted to try it out but I'll probably take it off.

I used a Fuchs Creme de la Trem for years but it broke for the second time (during a series of shows oversees) a few months ago, so I replaced it with the Demeter.

Different thing, but still cool. I love the Fuchs, but reliability is something I love more than toan.

Aside from the UV and the Trem my board has hardly changed in the past 20-something years. At some point I replaced my Dyna Comp and Ibanez 808 with the Maxon versions because they were getting too old. I also replaced my Arion tuner with a TU-2 then a Peterson (which broke and was fixed then broke again) and finally the TU-3.

The best thing about this board is that the power supply (black box on left) is rechargeable, so no wires to an outlet. Much cleaner setup with no hums.

Old 23rd August 2017
Here for the gear

I'm currently doing a backing tracked duo and looking after the mix as well. To control it all I only want the one sound source so an amp on stage isn't practical. After much experimenting with my Boss GT-6 and DI's and Red Boxes I ditched it all for Amplitube on my iPad with the iRig Blueboard and a Roland expression pedal. After an acceptable amount of time screwing around with different amps (I've spent about $60 on amp packs and pedals) I've got a very good sound happening. It's still not the tone of a real valve amp but it does the job more than sufficiently for my purposes!

BTW, anyone that says Amplitube is crap hasn't spent enough time playing around with it!
Old 25th August 2017
Lives for gear

Our bass player loves the sound of my Rickenbacker (it's a 360, 6 - he heard it the only time I recall gigging it four years ago before he joined the band) and so now that he's in the band he always asks me to bring it out. I'd like to gig it because he'd like it, but I haven't because the sound simply doesn't cover enough ground for the songs we play. A Strat is perfect for our covers.

I decided a couple weeks ago that if I'm going to gig the Rickenbacker, maybe for just a set here and there, it should sound like a classic Rickenbacker from the '60s records. After reading and hearing about it for a few years, out of curiosity I bought a JangleBox JB2. I should have bought a JangleBox years ago! It makes my Rickenbacker come alive with those great '60s tones of the Byrds. In addition to making my Rickenbacker sound like a Rickenbacker, on less aggressive settings it's great with my Strats as well.

It's a great pedal, if you own a Rickenbacker I suggest you check it out.

Old 6th September 2017
Gear Nut

So this thread is TEN YEARS OLD today!!

perfect day to announce America's Saddest Pedalboard Contest.

Old 15th September 2017
Here for the gear

My rig for the moment.

Fender Strat w/ Rocketfire Total 60s
Two Notes Torpedo CAB w/Ownhammer IR
Kingsley Maiden BF
Digitech Polara
Strymon Timeline w/ expression switch
TC Electronics Polytune 2 mini
Wampler Tumnus
RMC10 wah
Crazy tube Circuits Dual Looper
Himmelstrutz Fitzo
Himmelstrutz Fetto Maximus
Mooer Tender Octaver
Proco Rat w/LM308N
Crazy Tube Circuits Vyagra
Radial JDI
Belden 9778 cable w/ Neutrik plugs
Evidence Monorail patch cables w/ SIS plugs

For more info check out My Rig Rundown (2017) video!

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard-front-1-edit-.jpg  
Old 18th September 2017
My guitar recording chain...

I have settled on the following recording chain....

1) PRS/Fender
2) Katana Amp
3) Recording-out (balanced jack)
4) Audient D22
5) Reaper: Low-cut (reaper EQ / compression)
6) Guitar Rig amp simulation
7) Valhalla modulation effects

Its quite nice for most ranges of "break-up" drive.

A recent example is here: https://soundcloud.com/user-998512667/beef

/J
Old 21st September 2017
Gear Head

Old 22nd September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudslayer View Post

How do you like the electrix repeater and that Arctic wolf phaser? Very interested in both!
Old 23rd September 2017
Gear Addict

Not really a board. Missing a DoD juice box. But they are my humble guitar & synth pedals
Old 8th October 2017
Lives for gear

Just built my new studio and got everything wired in. Some things go direct into my patch bay, not actually in the chain. This board is not intended to be portable, more for exploration.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_4905.jpg  
Old 13th October 2017
Here for the gear
Different orientations of my gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-819f0fc0-98e7-4c3e-a5a1-afa1e8f899a1.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-ce3a1391-a633-4364-a4b1-ba28fd310463.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-2a065c01-7690-498e-ba89-58e428ae4229.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-634572ea-d090-4285-a6ee-624465b1b717.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-76d9383e-7059-4071-9ca9-3f1984412658.jpg  

Old 21st October 2017
Lives for gear

OK -I'll play. On the left is the 90's reissue Colorsound Supa Tonebender I recently re-discovered my love for and now can't sell (as per my post here: Anyone else loosing their luster for fuzzes?).

Just recently got the Catalinbread DLS, and I really love it.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...1&d=1508604034
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0448.jpg  
Old 24th October 2017
Lives for gear

Since Photobucket saw fit to hold my previous submission hostage:

Old 24th October 2017
Here for the gear

My first pedalboard

This is all I've got right now but it's all I need!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-34be3c00-2974-48c6-a26d-e901f1a79bf1.jpg  
Old 24th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Since Photobucket saw fit to hold my previous submission hostage:

Ya what a fiasco, when they pulled that crap I didn't hesitate, I deleted all my photos jumped ship, and went to Imgur.

Very clean looking board
Old 26th October 2017
Lives for gear

Scaling back on FX and concentrating more on OD/Distortion/Fuzz textures.

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0440.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0440.jpg  
Old 29th October 2017
Lives for gear

This is my main gigging board for an original rock project. I managed to pack a bunch onto the standard Pedal Train, and am using one Pedal Power II+, splitting 4 of the outs.

Loop Master pedal switches between compressor/chorus and Bubbletron/Sweet Tea, and also switches channels on the Tone King. Small black pedal kicks in the Pitch Fork, Xerograph and Foot Fuzz, which come first in the chain.

The ME expression pedal controls the filter of the Xerograph for manual wah, or I can kick on the Xe detector for auto wah.

Very versatile rig, and not too complicated as far as tap dancing, having the 3 banks of pedals in their own loops.

Tone King has separate attenuators for each channel. I keep the clean channel full up with the comp, chorus for ultra clean Fender BF tones, and use the attenuator on the dirty channel for a bit of power tube compression. I don't run the dirty channel dirty, per se, but it has a nice midrange kick to it that works great with the Sweet Tea.

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0441.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0441.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search