The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd February 2017
Here for the gear

Use this on "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"...I've tweaked it a bit, separated the Boost from the Pettyjohn. Need ALL the sounds at a very low volume, so it's all about pedals into a clean amp on this gig.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-unknown-3.jpg  
Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTaylor View Post
Use this on "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"...I've tweaked it a bit, separated the Boost from the Pettyjohn. Need ALL the sounds at a very low volume, so it's all about pedals into a clean amp on this gig.
@LRTaylor, is there a drummer on the show?
Old 22nd February 2017
Here for the gear

No, just Laura Hall and myself. We run about 5 drum machines in total.
Old 22nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRTaylor View Post
No, just Laura Hall and myself. We run about 5 drum machines in total.
I just listened to some of the music on one of your shows and you two do a great job!
Old 27th February 2017
Lives for gear

Still deciding...basically, want an easily recallable board of distortion and some filter, phase and octave stuff for recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0164.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0165.jpg  
Old 27th February 2017
Lives for gear

Current happenings:

Dr. Scientist - BitQuest!
Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
Mid-Fi Electronics - Pitch Pirate
Fairfield Circuitry - Accountant
Industrialectric - RM-1N
TC Electronics - Ditto X2
WMD - Protostar

boredbrain - Patchulator 8000
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-dsc_1080.jpg  
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

Just got the ct5 & Moog.
Ct5 is creatively useful. Still pondering the Moog.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image.jpg  
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet.d View Post
Just got the ct5 & Moog.
Ct5 is creatively useful. Still pondering the Moog.
Two Count to 5's in a row! What's this forum coming to!?!?
Old 1st March 2017
Gear Maniac
Compact but Super Flexible

This is my pedal-drawer in my rack. It uses a VooDoo Labs GCX switcher, and if you look closely towards the back, a RJM Mini-Amp-Gizmo.

On the floor is a VooDoo Lab Ground Control. The combination of the Mini-Amp-Gizmo and the Ground Control allows me to switch channels on my amp (it has three) while setting presets that combine any combination of the pedals together. It allows any of these combinations to be stored as a named preset, making it super easy to switch from say a clean channel with chorus to a super-crunchy with delay or whatever.

The Mini-Amp-Gizmo is the switcher that translates MIDI signals of the Ground Control to the proper electrical signals/pulses necessary to switch my amp's channels, EQ, reverb and mute features. It's a great device that I highly recommend!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 1st March 2017
I'm literally salivating at some of these setups
Old 1st March 2017
Lives for gear

Finally have the all the pedals from just the two I had a few pages back

Old 1st March 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post

How are you liking the Soul Driven, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 2nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Just ordered a voodoo lab dingbat board. Can't wait to revamp my mess. I'll post some pics.
Old 2nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecMyWorld View Post
How are you liking the Soul Driven, if you don't mind me asking?
Well in full disclosure I have only just gotten back into electric guitar and pedals after 47 years of playing only clean acoustic. So I can't compare it to other drive pedals .
That said: I have enough experience to appreciate what I like as far as tone and I am thrilled with it .... it gives some a fair amount of boost without getting too distorted which is exactly what I hoped it would do.

In the photo the two knobs on the left side are the Gain and Volume and as you can see are both at about only 9:00 o'clock which is where I tend to leave them. Then the Mid Boost (lower right) is just past 12:00 and the Tone which is a actually a treble boost (upper right) is at about 1:30
This give me a nice chimey mid high boost which goes really well with Supro Tube amp I am driving.
Old 3rd March 2017
Here for the gear

Not in a camera-shot:
Amp: Egnater Rebel 30. Cab: 1x12" Jensen Toronado in huge baffle with a damped rear-beaming.
Roland GR-09 for midi-fun. Fender Jazzmaster in a beginning.

P.S: All two Fuses are parallel (have mix/blend opinion). Strymons commutaded such way you can choose - Mobius before Timeline, or Mobius in a repeats circuit of Timeline in one button turn. Midi sync.

Wanna add second expression (First - expression ring, second - footpedal), and easy select between them or bypass EXP with an DIY controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-dscn5814.jpg  
Old 4th March 2017
Lives for gear

Just set this up last night. It's the new voodoo lab dingbat. Super slick integration with the pedal power 2.

I also went the George l's route and am very happy with the system. Love the small connector size.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0199.jpg  
Old 8th March 2017
Here for the gear

Why don't more people just buy MultiFx boards like the Helix?
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTent View Post
For me...two reasons. I used to use rack gear, but pedals allow you to buy the exact sound per effect, meaning I can buy the chorus sound that I really like. Then I can buy the delay that I prefer, etc. Generally with all-in-ones, you get outfit's set of sounds.

Second, I've personally gone back to primarily all analogue sounds. I just like them better overall. I play tubes with analog effects. I know that this is becoming less important to many/most folks, but to my ears, there is still something that sounds better using an all analog signal path.
Old 11th March 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
In addition to what tfbattag said, another reason I don't like Multi FX boards is the wading thru different menus that they require.....press this button twice to get to reverbs, then use this knob to turn to the types of reverbs, then press this other button to set the parameters.........
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
For me, pedals offer the ability to more personalize my sound. A major part of that sound is stacking several low gain distortion/OD pedals. I can mix and match pedals from my collection to find just the right tone.

The other thing is input impedance. There are pedals with particular front ends that are designed so that the passive pickup and guitar volume/ton control become part of the circuit. This allows for great overdrive and tonal variation just by altering the guitar's controls. I have never found an all in one, or digital modeler that can mimic that.

The closest thing I've found in a digital device is the Kemper. It does manage to mimic the guitar>amp input relationships of the amps I have profiled....but not always when using boost/OD pedals. And even the Kemper model of the Fuzz Face is nothing like the original as far as guitar>input relationship.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Good question and the other guitar player I play with brought one in last weekend. He was fumbling thru menus the entire time and had major issues dialing stuff in on the fly. I love the ability to mix and match effects to my taste and really like the tactile feel of adjusting actual knobs.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

As an update to the last pic fwiw, ditched the moogerfooger ring mod (kind of a glorified tremolo of which I just don't need) and replaced with the fairfield meet maude. It, and the ct5 are a good time.
Keepin it relatively simple here, except for the ct5 learning curve!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image1.jpg  
Old 13th March 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
As an update to the last pic fwiw, ditched the moogerfooger ring mod (kind of a glorified tremolo of which I just don't need) and replaced with the fairfield meet maude. It, and the ct5 are a good time.
Keepin it relatively simple here, except for the ct5 learning curve!
Which Harmonic Percolator clone is that? Have you used it in front of other fuzzes?

I am using a Catalinbread Karma Suture in front of big muff type pedals and distortion to increase the texture of sus2/add10 additions and I always wondered if the more "correct" clones were probably more suitable for that use.
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkindler View Post
Which Harmonic Percolator clone is that? Have you used it in front of other fuzzes?

I am using a Catalinbread Karma Suture in front of big muff type pedals and distortion to increase the texture of sus2/add10 additions and I always wondered if the more "correct" clones were probably more suitable for that use.
I got it about 10 years ago from Chuck Collins. he described in this way..
Exact physical and electrical duplicate of the 1970's era effect. Not a clone but a duplicate! Whats the difference? There are all sorts of clones available that are nothing like the real thing!

It's the only fuzz, other than a blue box, that I have. I like it.
Old 14th March 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I got it about 10 years ago from Chuck Collins. he described in this way..
Exact physical and electrical duplicate of the 1970's era effect. Not a clone but a duplicate! Whats the difference? There are all sorts of clones available that are nothing like the real thing!

It's the only fuzz, other than a blue box, that I have. I like it.
Ah thanks, I hadn't seen one of his without the silkscreen before.
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Mine only has one, so no pic necessary. Danelectro Fish n` Chips.
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post

I like that setup. Quaint, yet solid. Took the time to get some clean power. I like it.
Old 14th March 2017

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedal-new.jpeg

-tINY

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedal-new.jpeg  
Old 17th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
A lot of people do, but it can be really hard work to get good sounds from these types of unit.

I could not have done it if I hadn't owned real tube amps and pedals first.

For example - someone in the thread mentioned input impedance - my unit has an option to vary that on every patch. If I didn't already have a good idea of what that does to the sound, and what I want it to be, I could have left it on the default setting and have no idea why my tone was getting lost.

I also spent hours with the the parametric EQ to remove the digital fizz that can creep in when you stack the gain.

I'm happy now though - I have 3 (yes just 3!) great virtual rigs at my disposal in a small gig bag. I can carry it in one load across a muddy field at a festival without a cart or backstrain, and be sound-checking in 5 minutes.

oh - and I've sold all my analogue and tube gear and made a net profit of over £1000 compared to my digital unit (unless you count my time as money, which i don't)

Worth it for me, but not for everyone.
Old 28th March 2017
Dudes...I've been playing pretty much solely acoustic guitar for 10 years but soon I'll be getting back into electric guitar. I have a Deluxe Strat from around 2011, a VOX AC4TV and a BOSS ME70 multi pedal.

But...I want to build a simple analogue pedal rack consisting of:

1. Some kind of Tube screamer/ distortion pedal
2. Modulation/ flanger/ chorus pedal
3. Delay pedal
4. Reverb

I'm a total noob to the world of pedals so if anyone can recommend me ideas for those 4 types, that'd be great. I'm not keen to spend $200 a pedal or anything...maybe like 60 or 70 or something...I dunno...even 100. Are there any, must get or tried and tested pedals people like in those categories I've listed?

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search