The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradt View Post
Bad Bob. I have an original Robbie Wallace and an Analogman model after Robbie quit making them and licensed the circuit to Mike Periera (ANalogMan) and they're ***identical***. I have two because I keep one in the Deluxe and one in the Super, then I never forget one!
Great pedal, I have the AnalogMan version. But I definitely wouldn't call it a clean boost, it's got the right amount of grit that's very different from either overdrive or distortion pedals. As a clean boost I like the Xotic RC Booster best but i actually don't use it that often.
I've used a lot of boost pedals and I have not found anything I like more than the Bob. If it's not truly clean, I don't care. It makes my ears happy, and that's what matters to me. I use subtle delay, not a lot.

BTW: Catherine Deneuve was SO F***ING HOT!!!
Old 13th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradt View Post
I've used a lot of boost pedals and I have not found anything I like more than the Bob. If it's not truly clean, I don't care. It makes my ears happy, and that's what matters to me.
Absolutely! It's one of my faves too, I just wanted to point out its character because if somebody is looking for a real clean boost then the BadBob wouldn't be the right choice.

I never liked Treble Boosters like the Beano boost and while the BadBob might be sonically related, to me the midrange is completely different. It's gritty and badass without being strident...if that makes sense.
Old 13th December 2016
Lives for gear

RE: boost pedals....my new favorite in front of the Plexi is the Catlinbread Naga Viper. Based on the Rangemaster, but in addition to volume boost, it has a variable dirt knob, and most usefull, a low cut knob which will add the low end back in as it is turned counterclockwise to the point of a full range boost when totally down.
Old 13th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
Absolutely! It's one of my faves too, I just wanted to point out its character because if somebody is looking for a real clean boost then the BadBob wouldn't be the right choice.

I never liked Treble Boosters like the Beano boost and while the BadBob might be sonically related, to me the midrange is completely different. It's gritty and badass without being strident...if that makes sense.
The Bob makes my Tweed Fender clones sound even better. I have a Deluxe and a Super I built many years ago, and the Bob makes them both sound better. My playing is all about the midrange. Teles love the Bob.
Old 20th December 2016
Gear Nut

Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
I like your choices here, very similar to my choices over the years. What type of music do you primarily play?
Old 20th December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicTone View Post
I like your choices here, very similar to my choices over the years. What type of music do you primarily play?
Thanks! Mostly 70'/80's rock and blues, some country, attempt jazz

You?
Old 20th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
Thanks! Mostly 70'/80's rock and blues, some country, attempt jazz

You?
Pretty much the same thing, (probably why I liked your pedalboard ) and basic power pop and rock. I'd love to get into Jazz. When I was a kid I used to hang out for hours at Petert's music in downtown Portland and listen to the old guys play blues and some jazz. There were some great players and I can still hear in my head the tone those guys got - just out of this world cool.
Old 20th December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Pretty much the same thing, (probably why I liked your pedalboard ) and basic power pop and rock. I'd love to get into Jazz. When I was a kid I used to hang out for hours at Petert's music in downtown Portland and listen to the old guys play blues and some jazz. There were some great players and I can still hear in my head the tone those guys got - just out of this world cool.
Jazz is tough, at least to me. I listen to it a lot better than I play it. Larry Carlton is my favorite.....one of the reasons for the Dumkudo pedal on my board....I can get somewhat close on tone with it. I've listened to a ton of Steely Dan also.
Old 22nd December 2016
Here for the gear

This is my board. Polytune>Decimator>El Cap>Topanga. The channel switcher is Bright Onion. My style is punk and dub sometimes together sometimes apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedals.jpg  
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Current guitar tracking board.

Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Addict

New Studio boards.....

Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny M View Post
New Studio boards.....

Interesting...do you track with delays often? Are you running wet/dry for tacking FX?

I just picked up one of these: CTL-SYNC™ .:. Classic Effect Synchronizer to MIDI Clock .:. by Molten Voltage .:. Footswitch Controller with Presets and Ratios It converts MIDI clock from the DAW into a tap signal. You can sync any pedal with an external tap control. Comes in really handy...using it on my Memory Man TT, JHS Panther Cub and Empress Tremolo to sync with my DAW.
Old 24th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Interesting...do you track with delays often? Are you running wet/dry for tacking FX?
If the part sounds good with delay, reverb, etc., which is most of the time I'll track with it. I always use all the pedals in the front of the amp as I don't have any amps with master volume's or FX loops. I do use delays and reverb post amp or track, but not usually the pedals for that very often. Kind of depends if I want the delays and reverb to sit in the mix where the track is sitting or something more stereo. Sometimes I might do both.
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Maniac
After way too many years of not having a proper pedalboard, Indinally got a PedalTraij Terra and Uve a much tidier set up now
This is the pre-amp board, Inalso have quite a few pedals in the loop.
I'm very proud of this !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0484.jpg  
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Cool Buzzz and Happiness!
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemarti View Post
After way too many years of not having a proper pedalboard, Indinally got a PedalTraij Terra and Uve a much tidier set up now
This is the pre-amp board, Inalso have quite a few pedals in the loop.
I'm very proud of this !!!
You've got a lot going on there! I think we need air traffic control to sort it all out. Have you thought about a pedal switcher? Of course you'd need a bigger pedalboard
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
Cool Buzzz and Happiness!
Yes, thanks. I love Buzz, it's such a unique sounding pedal... and so versatile !
It does a lot !
Happiness is also fantastic and special sounding, but it can be a bit too noisy sometimes.
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
You've got a lot going on there! I think we need air traffic control to sort it all out. Have you thought about a pedal switcher? Of course you'd need a bigger pedalboard
haha yes, I thought about a switcher, but ended up buying more pedals instead
I do a lot of session work for film scores, and move quiet a bit in the "textures" side of things; so all of that I do with pedals ...
here's another pic.
Cheers

Ale
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post

Ah, sorry. Okay, bass plugs into the BOSS power supply/loop selector thingie (red box in upper left, I forget the model #)
The main output of that feeds the (3) Ibanez stompboxes next to it, in series from right to left: TS9 Tube Screamer (distortion), AF9 AutoFilter, and CS9 Chorus. fwiw, the 9Vdc output of the BOSS also powers those (3) Ibanez boxes; the BOSS, like all the other low-voltage boxes in the rig, are powered by a big Voodoo Labs brick mounted underneath the Pedaltrain.
The loop send/return of the BOSS feeds the Korg G5 Synth Bass Processor (big silver thing in front right corner). This allows me to completely bypass the Korg G5 via the BOSS footswitch, rather than using the G5's bypass function which is hellaciously un-transparent. When the G5 is in the circuit it proceeds all the Ibanez boxes.
Output of the CS9 feeds a cheesey Morley volume pedal.
Output of the volume pedal feed a Loop-Master Effect Order Switcher™ (the grey DIY-looking box in the upper left corner). Send/Return #1 of this feeds the Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delay Reissue (front center), which then feeds the original vintage Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delay (front left corner). Send/Return #2 of the Loop-Master feeds the tc electronic Ditto Looper. This allows me to create loops in either or both of the E-H 16sec DDLs and dump them into the Ditto, then dump them back into the E-H chain for further mangling. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Main output of the Loop-Master goes to the amp or DI.

Made a bunch of changes in recent months, here's an updated look:

[edit: Weird, new pic won't load. Try http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/...pskwhpsewy.jpg ]

I'll happily describe the current routing if anyone's really interested, but, given that I now have dual nested flip-flop switchers, it gets pretty convoluted!

Last edited by Bob Ross; 23rd January 2017 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: pic won't load, wtf?!?!
Old 24th January 2017
Gear Head

Just got done with this:

Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Wow! That's a beautiful board.
Old 25th January 2017
Here for the gear

A minimalist board. The compressor and tubescreamer are always on.

I kick in the preamp for lead parts.

The analog delay for the more atmospheric tracks.

Going into a fairly clean channel on the amp.

Fits into a small bag I can easily sling over my shoulder.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedals.jpeg  
Old 25th January 2017
Lives for gear

This thread is going into it's 10 year !
Very interesting to me as I just this fall took electric guitar back up again having gone totally acoustic in the early 70's. So many pedals in the thread are new to me .

So far I have a PRS CE 24 and a Supro Titan 1X10 50 watt tube combo and 1 X10 extension cab.
Here are the Git and amp

I am starting out very simplistic as far as pedals \. I have had the Boss tuner for years but just recently got the Soul Driven boost, I am thinking adding A Boss RC3 Loop station (for gigging ) and an MRX Carbon Copy delay and I will be getting a power supply. The amp already has a nice tube driven reverb and tremolo so that will be it for now .
This simple set up will fit nicely on this pedal board I made previously , and just converted from when I used it as a floor stand fro my Trace Acoustic amp. I'll post another pic when I get it all up and running

Last edited by KevWind; 25th January 2017 at 05:16 PM..
Old 26th January 2017
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
I'm running separate rigs, right now. This board goes into clean amps.

Dr. Scientist - BitQuest! - multi-effects
Mr. Black - SuperMoon Chrome - reverb
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain - delay
EarthQuaker Devices - Afterneath - reverb
Lastgasp Art Laboratories - Misty Cave - echo
Mid-Fi Electronics - Pitch Pirate - chorus/vibrato
Fairfield Circuitry - The Accountant - compressor

boredbrain - Patchulator 8000 - patchbay
wow that's a neat setup ... nice choices too
Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv_rong View Post
Just got done with this:

Flooring scraps and Kreg screws. Trim carpentry rules!
Old 28th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogh View Post
wow that's a neat setup ... nice choices too
Hey, thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've since replaced the Supermoon Chrome with a Montreal Assembly - Count To Five and added a Fredrick Effects - Zombie Klone, for when a bit of grit or boost is needed. Here's an updated pic, taken today.

Also, here's my current dirt board.

Blackout Effectors - Twosome - fuzz
Montreal Assembly - Positive - overdrive
smallsound/bigsound - Mini - overdrive
Mellowtone - Hi Five Plus! - boost
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-mediumblakestree.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-smallblakestree.jpg  
Old 7th February 2017
Simple Board but sounds wonderful with my amps........

Old 19th February 2017
Gear Maniac
Not really how I run my board, but as I changed up my amps, and needed to redo my setup I figured I would do a bake off of all of the distortion and phasing options that I have.

The big sky and the eventide are mostly for my keyboards, but I wanted to test them against real spring reverb. I have a problem in that only two distortion pedals I don't like (Big Muff RI, MXR 78) aren't great trading material and all the others sound awesome in front of my 68 CDR.

I can't seem to narrow it down to one or two that sound great with all of my commonly played guitars....or at least that is the story I am sticking to.
Old 20th February 2017
Here for the gear

http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/...pss9ygoxqg.jpg

I can't post the pic : (

Weekend jam!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search