The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th August 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
I love the TF. It is very digital sounding, but that's part of the reason I got it. I already had analog delay covered with the Diamond Memory Lane, and the Line6 DL4 covers that digi-analog hybrid sound. I had been using a Roland SDE-1000 rack delay, and the TF replaced that nicely.

The other Eventide pedal is actually a Pitchfactor, and it's awesome.
I have the modfactor and the timefactor on one of my newer boards.

I love both the Eventide pedals- they are amazing at what they do.
The only issue I have with the modfactor is the q-wah sound isn't that quishy.
Old 3rd November 2009
Here for the gear

Hi there, noooooob here

Here is my current board: -

Old 4th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
This is a "guitargeek" esque cartoonization of my pedalboard...
thumbsup
is there software that allows you to do that or did you copy paste from other sources...
Old 4th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsmith View Post
To reiterate my position: it has nothing to do with the era you grew up in, its just where you are on the journey. I would bet one of my lesser Strats that Peter Frampton has more **** in his live rig than anyone today. It bigger than Lukathers studio rack! On the other hand, who hear is going argue that Tom Morello isn't reknown as a sonic innovater of the new generation, yet his pedal board is minimal.

There a few guitarists who just can't say no to candy, and who the **** actually knows how much they are even using! There are few guitarist that have developed a reputation for FX as integral to what they do - The Edge, Fripp, etc. I tend to refer to some of the goes as "eletronic guitarist" in that they are in sense "playing" the electronics as much the guitar like Keith Emerson played the Moog modules as much as he did the keyboard. And I don't apply any of this to them.

On the other hand, the bulk of us are "electric" guitars where the game is manipulated as much sound from the guitar and the amp as possible. When you are young, you just plain can't do this so you stock up on the boxes to get a variety of tone. As time goes on, if you are truly a player, you find 3 things: 1) You get tired of keeping up with all the ****. I mean its not like anything new has been invented in decades! 2) You get tired of dancing. You just want to become with instrument. 3) You find its really more challenging and interesting to see what tone you can coax without relying on the boxes

And finally, the statement: "We aren't all Jeff Beck" is as equally false as true. We are not the individual Jeff Beck he is uniquely unique. But on the other hand we are ALL Jeff Beck in that we have within us inner voices that can be developed and brought out and too much concentration of those boxes serves to inhibit the process.

The only effect I always want to keep is the wah. Pedal like that, the Wammy Pedal, etc, can actually be played so the effect come from you rather than just a box. On the other, I can't stand an "auto-wah!"
Bumped this one up. Nailed it on the head IMO.
Old 11th November 2009
Here for the gear

I am pretty simple, I think. After years of dancing, I just can't do it anymore. I narrowed my board down to a tuner, wah, a uni-vibe, dm-2 delay, and booster. I use the BBE Sonic Maximizer for a rich compliment to the Marshall JCM2000 DSL. I really dig the tone... This is all driven by a few guitars, but my current main squeeze is my 2008 Les Paul Standard.

I use the channel selector footswitch or crunch, but I am experimenting with the clean channel and a TubeWorks Tube Driver for that... We'll see.
Old 20th November 2009
studio board

gig board

bass board

Old 21st November 2009
Gear Nut

You've got some nice stuff there grego

Synth bass guitar rig; signal starts at the Philosophers Tone on the large board, and most of the large board is split in two via the Boss LS-2, with octave/vco/fuzz/filter in each loop; The LS-2 allows me to run the loops individually or in parallel. I just added the 2nd Freqbox and rearranged into the dual oscillator setup, and have a CP251 on the way to replace the Grinder (meatball clone)... good stuff

The whole rig is powered with two PedalPower 2+'s, including the MP201 and an FCB1010 (not pictured, used for the ableton rig), so ultimately there are only two power chords to the mains for the whole ground setup... (*edit- rather, will be.. the dc brick is powering two pedals, while waiting for cables in the mail)
Old 27th November 2009
Here for the gear

Old 30th November 2009
Gear Nut

here's mine!

all I need is a tap tempo tremelo and it's done....I think
Old 2nd December 2009
Here for the gear

Simple..
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

I keep it simple.

Old 7th January 2010
Gear Nut

Peterson Strobostomp 2
Ibanez TS9 Keeley Mod Plus w/ true bypass
Proco RAT 90's Keeley Mod
ISP Decimator
Eventide Timefactor
Loopmaster true bypass switch
Digitech Jamman
VOX AC30 footswitch w/ Analogman mod for channel selection

George L Cables
PedalPad board
Old 7th January 2010
Gear Maniac

I downgraded from the switching unit to something I can fly with. It was hard. It took 4 weeks of detox, but after several Gearaholics Anonymous meetings, I've been clean for 5 months.
Note: The unmarked silver pedal is a Durham Sexdrive. They're all fastened to a grill I bought at Lowes.
Old 9th January 2010
Lives for gear
Latest version of my pedalboard, with a few things moved around and a few new pedals.
From right -
  • Dunlop Wah, Keeley-modded with true-bypass & Fasel inductor
  • Boss tuner
  • Keeley Compressor
  • Paul Cochrane Timmy - this pedal is incredible. Totally transparent, amazing sounding. Stays on all the time.
  • Barber Direct Drive - use when more dirt/crunch is needed. Cleans up very well by rolling off the volume
  • Keeley Katana Boost - for solos, either clean or overdriven.
  • Mike's Tone Garage A/B Loop - true bypass, so when they're not on, the entire top row of pedals is out of the signal path.
  • Loop A: Keeley-modded TS9, original Ibanez AD9 I bought in 1983. The TS9 sometimes gets swapped out for a Guyatone TZ2 The Fuzz, a much cheaper copy of the Univox Super Fuzz. Will often also just use the AD9 for slap-back echo.
  • Loop B: MXR Phase 90, original Ibanez Super Stereo Chorus I bought in 1987, DD6 Delay.
    Voodoo Pedal Power 2 for all power, George L's for cabling.
Old 10th January 2010
Lives for gear

WOW! That is an old Direct Drive... One of the earlier ones.
Old 10th January 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DntBelievtheHype View Post
You've got some nice stuff there grego

Synth bass guitar rig; signal starts at the Philosophers Tone on the large board, and most of the large board is split in two via the Boss LS-2, with octave/vco/fuzz/filter in each loop; The LS-2 allows me to run the loops individually or in parallel. I just added the 2nd Freqbox and rearranged into the dual oscillator setup, and have a CP251 on the way to replace the Grinder (meatball clone)... good stuff

The whole rig is powered with two PedalPower 2+'s, including the MP201 and an FCB1010 (not pictured, used for the ableton rig), so ultimately there are only two power chords to the mains for the whole ground setup... (*edit- rather, will be.. the dc brick is powering two pedals, while waiting for cables in the mail)
Sweet rig man! Any clips?

/megl
Old 11th January 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
WOW! That is an old Direct Drive... One of the earlier ones.
Bought it used in '2004.
Old 11th January 2010
Gear Addict

Sorry if this is cheating! It is 1 of 3 I have hoarded, they dont make them anymore.
VP
Old 11th January 2010
Lives for gear

that is about as slutty as it get´s!!!

I´d take a Peterson Rack Strobe, too.
a MXR BlueBox and some of the Empress pedals and I´d be a happy camper!

holy ****, gotta buy some new guitar stuff in 2010 heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DntBelievtheHype View Post

Old 17th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
I'm kind of shocked how many of you guys don't have a decent analog EQ on your boards.. Tone shaping is everything... to me anyhow
The most useful EQ control is right there in your hands.
Old 17th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm kind of shocked how many of you guys don't have a decent analog EQ on your boards.. Tone shaping is everything... to me anyhow
Here is a cool one for Black,Brown Fender and Marshall EQ.

Barb E.Q.

But when the amp is right.. You don't need outboard EQ really.
Old 17th January 2010
Lives for gear

I try to keep it simple. I'm not a "great" guitar player, anyway. I've built this up over time based on what I felt I really needed in response to various shows and gigs.
Old 17th January 2010
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
now THATs what I'm talking about!!!..uh.. where's the jamman??
Old 17th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
not necessarily true...EQ is an effect all unto itself.. that guitar pot isn't going to let you control specific frequency ranges
I meant the playing hands themselves! Everybody has experienced the phenomenon of two players using the exact same equipement and the exact same settings yet sounding totally different. The frequency makeup of the sound is totally different because what a Hammond B3 player is doing with the registers a guitar player is doing with (mainly) his strumming/picking hand - basically changing the overtone spectrum depending where and how the note is being produced.

Having gone through painful but rewarding early classical guitar training I feel very strongly about this. Listen to a master classical player like Julian Bream, he has a huge spectrum of 'shade and light' and an small orchestra's worth of tonal colors at his disposal.

I'm not against using EQ pedals of course but the assupmtion that players are missing out when not doing so is wrong. I think that any kind of distortion/overdrive/fuzz box is a VERY complex EQ device and once you add the player the options are limiteless.

It's one of the reasons why I never was fascinated by Guitar synths. I feel that the spectrum gets limited and not expanded that way because 'managing' the string overtones gives you so many more options than even the most advanced sampling of a synth IMO.
Old 17th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
waaaaaay too many digital pedals there for me... I only found my tone after dumping ALL the digital trash out of my guitar/signal chain
Uh, the digital pedals are only on sometimes, as needed. The only pedal that's on all the time is the treble booster, which I built. No problem with "digital trash." That's an older DD3 delay that is made in Japan. The chorus is also an older one. The verbzilla was the most versatile reverb I could find and I auditioned several before deciding on it. It sounds good. I've found the best results by putting the time based effects on the effects loop, and the treble booster on the amp input. That way there's no degradation of tone when the time effects are bypassed.

To each his own, my friend.
Old 18th January 2010
Lives for gear

This is the inside jacket phot from the Infinite Monkey Theory album I did with Angora back in '04 or '05. That's actually a combination of the guitarist's pedalboard (bottom) and the bassist's pedalboard (top). Plus some beer (flying through the air overhead at the moment the pic was snapped).

Old 19th January 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
If you've got a good guitar and a good amp, you've got most of the tone shaping you need. While an EQ is nice, why not just use a better parametric EQ during mixdown or live on the board? I agree that one shaping is everything; if you think of it, overdrive/boost and distortion all shape your tone with EQ, although a different type than you're talking about.

Out of curiosity, what are you typically boosting/cutting, and what amp/pedals are you using? Maybe I'm missing something
Old 24th January 2010
Lives for gear

Here is my DIY pedalboard, simple and efficient (the long white cable has been replaced for a short one?) :

Guitar In > Behringer OD > Belcat OD > Amp In
and?
From Amp Loop > Ibanez Chorus > Artec Tremolo > Belcat Analog Delay > Behr. Volume Pedal > Back To Amp Loop
and...
Rivera FootSwitch > Amp FS In

Inside the pedal board, the AC connector is going to a 9V DC supply and its multipedal connectors?
The wood frame has a cover, this makes a flight case once closed !
That's all, folks !
Old 10th March 2010
Here for the gear

My fist post:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Just got a Polytune, still debating on which one is staying on the board or going to the small board.
Old 17th March 2010
Lives for gear
Do you have an endorsement with TC Electronic? That's alot of gear with the one brand name on it for one board.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search