The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 19th March 2016
Gear Nut

And all of these are connected to it through 3 different loops on the pedalboard

Old 19th March 2016
Lives for gear

Lovely, as always, Skyhammer!
Old 19th March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
Timeline has spoiled me that when using anything other than my main board I really miss the Timeline. Is the DIG that good?

I've been eying a Source Audio Nemesis to use on a wee jam board with my AMT Bulava preamp, heard great things about it.
When the DIG first came out I thought "Meh". After using it for awhile I can't imagine not having it on my board. You can do some similar stuff using pattern mode on the Timeline, but it isn't quite the same.
Old 21st March 2016
Here for the gear
Boss all the way for me Stratgirl. BD-2 Bluesdriver for crunch, P-6 Harmonist using a slight de-tune setting for fill and the CH-1 for a nice mild chorus to add a bit of gloss to my clean sound. I also use the DS-1 Distortion occasionally if I need a bit more overdrive for lead.
Old 13th April 2016
Lives for gear

So, this is kinda kewl...it's my non-pedal board, aka the studio's A rig. Instead of pedals, the FX are tube amps.

There are a couple levels to it. Guitar signal feeds in thru the Senn WL unit, but patching direct just goes into the patchbay's first port.

Early on, there's a Radial Pro DI splitter, feeding a clean guitar signal into the Daw.

From there, the Pro DI's thru port feeds the One Control Iguana Tail Loop 2 switcher, bottom shelf lower left. Each Iguana send feeds a different amp, with the returns coming from the amp's headphone or line out port.

This gives you a quick and dirty feel for what kind of amp works best for a given song. Once you have that decision made, you make sure that amp's speaker out is feeding the Torpedo Reload.

From there the Reload's attenuated out feeds the Daw's distorted guitar recording channel, or, the Reload's speaker out feeds the Fender Champ's cabinet speaker, or both at once.

The Reload's Reamp circuit is connected full time to a Daw out, and is patched back into the amp switching chain manually, using the patchbay. for processing in post.

The price of these little tube amps wasn't much higher than individual pedals, which is where I got the idea to begin with. There's the Fender Champ, with straight tubes, and about 16 modelling treatments to boot, the Marshall Class 5, a Vox Lil Night Train, an Orange Micro Terror, and a Roland VGA-3 modelling amp.

The Sholtz Rockman feeds the Roland, as the Roland has the least effected clean tones of the stack, and also a bit more flexibility setting up patches that blend well with the Rockman.

It's a bit complicated, I am zero for two getting blank looks trying to explain signal flow and options to guest guitarists, but I know how it works, and I'm having a blast with that many options on a foot pedal!

:-)
Old 28th April 2016
Here for the gear
Newbie on the forum here.
Thought I'd share my pedalboard to see what you think.

Once I find an affordable secondhand voodoo lab 4x4, I'll organize it a little better, but for now I can get around with this.

Recently, I upgraded my Whammy IV to a Whammy V and never regretted the decision, but my absolute favorite is the Fuzz Bear. That is one beast of a pedal with a lot of feel for softer tones as well!
The Boss power supply & master switch is only used to turn the Boss RDD-20 on or off and I mainly use the Jamman to record a few ideas, because my memory is terrible.

It's all fed into a VOX AC30CC2.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-13112645_10209295353880814_49411088_o.jpg  
Old 10th May 2016
Here for the gear

Here is my new pedal board. plenty of room to add more stuff!

My goal with this board was to keep it super clean and neat. all custom cables, and there are i/o jacks on the back, and a built in powerstrip underneath.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20160501_212526204.jpg  
Old 13th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPr View Post
Newbie on the forum here.
Thought I'd share my pedalboard to see what you think.

Once I find an affordable secondhand voodoo lab 4x4, I'll organize it a little better, but for now I can get around with this.

Recently, I upgraded my Whammy IV to a Whammy V and never regretted the decision, but my absolute favorite is the Fuzz Bear. That is one beast of a pedal with a lot of feel for softer tones as well!
The Boss power supply & master switch is only used to turn the Boss RDD-20 on or off and I mainly use the Jamman to record a few ideas, because my memory is terrible.

It's all fed into a VOX AC30CC2.
Nice - once you upgrade to a VoodooLab, I'd suggest adding a 2nd tier - power supply and the Boss could be underneath, and you could have a 2nd row of pedals that may be easier to access. there's also lots of companies making true bypass loop switcher pedals, which would let you move some of your pedals off the front, since I'm guessing you'd want the Whammy more in the front if possible for foot access. Things to consider...
Old 14th May 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Nice - once you upgrade to a VoodooLab, I'd suggest adding a 2nd tier - power supply and the Boss could be underneath, and you could have a 2nd row of pedals that may be easier to access. there's also lots of companies making true bypass loop switcher pedals, which would let you move some of your pedals off the front, since I'm guessing you'd want the Whammy more in the front if possible for foot access. Things to consider...
Thanks, that would indeed be easier to work with. I'll definitely keep it in mind!
The only downside is that I'd probably need a new board or a system where I could take the 2nd tier off the board for transportation.
Old 14th May 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPr View Post
Thanks, that would indeed be easier to work with. I'll definitely keep it in mind!
The only downside is that I'd probably need a new board or a system where I could take the 2nd tier off the board for transportation.
Yep, if you gig with it, then you may want to avoid that. I take pedals on and off my board as needed for shows to keep it within a certain size.
Old 15th May 2016
Lives for gear

Old 15th May 2016
Lives for gear

Was that on the bottom left?
Old 15th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
Was that on the bottom left?
Lovepedal Echophonic Jr., first version. Basically a delay and an EP booster in one pedal.
Old 15th May 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Yep, if you gig with it, then you may want to avoid that. I take pedals on and off my board as needed for shows to keep it within a certain size.
At the moment I only use it at home or when I rehearse, so I don't need to move it a lot. The 2nd tier is an attractive option though. I'll find a way to make it work!
Thanks again for the advice.
Old 18th May 2016
Here for the gear

New board setup
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image.jpg  
Old 18th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarkley00 View Post
New board setup

How's the Serenity?
Old 26th May 2016
Gear Nut

Old 26th May 2016
Lives for gear

Acoustic Guitar Floorboard.

Pulled the ME-70 out of the Quick n Dirty Recording Floorboard, replacing it with a Vox Tonelab, and since the ME-70 only lets you use one chorus/flange/phase at a time, added an MXR Flanger and a Hardwire Phaser. Fishman Aura Spectrum sounds awesome!

Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

My guitar gear has taken a backseat lately, my PT2 board has been unused for over 2 years
With much patience I have been waiting for a programmable pedal effect switching system that could fulfil my requirements and it's finally in my custody, now ready for cabling……lol

So guitar into Boss ES-5 ( 5 loops which can be positioned in any order, pre/post H9Max-mono/stereo, Rockett Archer, The Dude, Mad Professor Simble, Original ZenDrive) >post (Mobius, H9Max, H9Max, Ditto) mono/stereo out > amps.

I’ve been too busy gathering together a bunch of HW synth gear to realize my other fantasy, the synths will have fun with the board as well. (spending most of my time down-under, the guys/gals in the sub forum can be just as petty but not as grumpy……….lol!)
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-mainpb.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-synths.jpg  

Last edited by deng; 27th May 2016 at 08:34 AM..
Old 27th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post
My guitar gear has taken a backseat lately, my PT2 board has been unused for over 2 years
With much patience I have been waiting for a programmable pedal effect switching system that could fulfil my requirements and it's finally in my custody, now ready for cabling……lol

So guitar into Boss ES-5 ( 5 loops which can be positioned in any order, pre/post H9Max-mono/stereo, Rockett Archer, The Dude, Mad Professor Simble, Original ZenDrive) >post (Mobius, H9Max, H9Max, Ditto) mono/stereo out > amps.

I’ve been too busy gathering together a bunch of HW synth gear to realize my other fantasy, the synths will have fun with the board as well. (spending most of my time down-under, the guys/gals in the sub forum can be just as petty but not as grumpy……….lol!)
Programmable switcher definitely a plus.

Went simple here, as the FBs are used in the live room, for quik n dirty tone for jams, writing, development.

Theory being, when time for master tracks, we will reassemble the chain as needed. The "gain" in simplicity is no need for table space, as these old eyes don't see tiny print at floor distance, toes don't fine tune well, and back doesn't like repeated bending or lifting.

Still...an intriguing concept...so anything you can say about your programnable switcher, I'm interested.
Old 30th May 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee4303 View Post
Programmable switcher definitely a plus.

Went simple here, as the FBs are used in the live room, for quik n dirty tone for jams, writing, development.

Theory being, when time for master tracks, we will reassemble the chain as needed. The "gain" in simplicity is no need for table space, as these old eyes don't see tiny print at floor distance, toes don't fine tune well, and back doesn't like repeated bending or lifting.

Still...an intriguing concept...so anything you can say about your programnable switcher, I'm interested.

The Boss ES-5 hopefully will enable me to recall frequently used pedal settings/presets and pedal combinations through the user programmed stored patch settings. The Mobius and H9’s are controlled thru midi.

These are some of the main claimed features of the Boss unit.

Programmable switching system with five loops
Analog circuit design
Unprecedented routing flexibility with the ability to change the routing order and create a parallel effect chain
External control parameters such as delay time can be saved for each patch
Buffers can be turned on/off individually for the input and output and stored in each patch; level variability for output buffer
Backlit LCD display shows detailed information at a glance
200 patch memories provide unmatched capability for actively gigging musicians

Cheers
Old 1st June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post
The Boss ES-5 hopefully will enable me to recall frequently used pedal settings/presets and pedal combinations through the user programmed stored patch settings. The Mobius and H9’s are controlled thru midi.

These are some of the main claimed features of the Boss unit.

Programmable switching system with five loops
Analog circuit design
Unprecedented routing flexibility with the ability to change the routing order and create a parallel effect chain
External control parameters such as delay time can be saved for each patch
Buffers can be turned on/off individually for the input and output and stored in each patch; level variability for output buffer
Backlit LCD display shows detailed information at a glance
200 patch memories provide unmatched capability for actively gigging musicians

Cheers
Of all those, changing order seems the most interesting. I don't often chain fx with electric guitar, but do with acoustic.

Thanks for the info.
Old 8th June 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post

What are the second bottom left and right pedals?
Are they DIY made?
Old 8th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVDL View Post
What are the second bottom left and right pedals?
Are they DIY made?
Second from left is a JHS Sweet Tea (Guv'nor clone and 808 clone in one enclosure). Black pedal is a Keeley Looper that kicks in the multiplexer and q-tron.
Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

Here's mine at the moment. The board is made by Temple Audio and it's very light, highly recommended. It has jacks on the sides for the main in and outs, expression pedals and for sends and returns. It's powered by a Cioks DC10 attached underneath. Using an isolated psu made a huge difference for me, much cleaner sound.

The sequence is Celmo Sardine Can Compressor > Catalinbread Perseus octave fuzz> EHX Pitch Fork > EHX Chill Switch (connected to sampler) EHX Superego > Red Panda Particle > Malekko Charlie Foxtrot > EHX 720 Looper > Catalinbread DLS > Xotic EP Booster > Zvex Loop Gate (connected to radios and turntable) > Eventide TimeFactor.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedal-board-10-jun-2.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedal-board-10-jun-3.jpg  

Last edited by microwave; 10th June 2016 at 04:33 PM..
Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

Nice! How is that compressor?
Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

I like it a lot. Even though it's an optical compressor it's not exactly transparent, at gentle settings you still pretty much know it's on, but that's good for me - it massages the guitar sound in a very pleasant manner. The other foot switch turns on a very organic soft drive/ crunch with three different settings, from mild enhancer to quite out there, all useful and actually difficult to replicate with a "normal" overdrive pedal. It's also very quiet, quite rare for a compressor.
Old 25th June 2016
Lives for gear

I just added an Ernie Ball 25k pedal to control the TimeFactor, it's the only pedal I tried that works very well with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image.jpg  
Old 29th June 2016
Lives for gear

Upgrade, guitar rig B.

Old 30th June 2016
Here for the gear

Yeah, it's going cool and cool. (this thread) More and more.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search