The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Head

He means the Joyo American Sound pedal that is also on the board, not the looper

The american sound pedal is cool. It's a bit noisey, but it's a high gain pedal. Pretty awesome tones you can squeeze out of it, sounds good in front of the amp to me. Just like a cool, very versatile distortion and tone shaping tool.. pretty amazing for only $40 NEW.
Old 7th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by klong View Post
He means the Joyo American Sound pedal that is also on the board, not the looper
i stand corrected.
Old 16th November 2015
Gear Nut

I find I can cram more in by using rear jack mounted stompboxes
(or top mounted jacks as some prefer to call them)

Old 16th November 2015
Lives for gear

Cool STEP!
Old 19th November 2015
Here for the gear
my pedalboard

Here's my creation.
Please don't hate, although suggestions are welcome but I'm really proud of it.
It ain't pretty, but I've found out that you gotta get dirty with the tape and labeling or else, when the lights are down and you're on stage with 26 cables between you and the amp and ain't nothin comin out...
Dude. I do NOT like being there.
Here's what I did:
1. Mount pedal power under rack (it's a pedaltrain 42)
2. Arrange pedals on rack
3. Connect all pedals.
4. Test (plug in and play something to see that you didn't screw anything up yet. Always test after each step.)
5. Electrical Tape: 1 end on jack, other end stretched to pedal.
6. Duct tape: over the electrical tape.
7. Lay down velcro onto pedalboard (soft velcro), and pedals (sticky velcro).
8. Lay pedals down.
extra ocd stuff: make a snake of all the wires that won't go into a pedal power and come out at 1 spot to your power source.
the pedals are:
Top Row: Cathedral, Tremelo, Q-tron, Mojo Vibe, Soul Bender, DynaComp, Clyde Wah
Bottom Row: Ibanez AD9, TC Chorus, Maxon AD900, Ockta-switch, Blackstar amp channel-selector
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedal-2b.jpg  

Last edited by kapootapottay; 19th November 2015 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: add image
Old 22nd November 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapootapottay View Post

It ain't pretty, but I've found out that you gotta get dirty with the tape and labeling or else, when the lights are down and you're on stage with 26 cables between you and the amp and ain't nothin comin out...
Dude. I do NOT like being there.
Fair enough, I won't judge anyone on extra measures they feel they need to take to be comfortable with their rig.

But, I would highly advise against using duct tape and/or electrical tape for this sort of thing. The electrical tape adhesive is way to gummy and will tend to "spread", and the duct tape adhesive will eventually just dry out and get dusty. Neither of these things are good for your pedals.

You really need to look into gaffer/console tape. It's cloth based, tears and cuts easily, and most importantly is designed to be removed if need be. The adhesive won't creep or dry out on you, at least not for a really long time. It's more expensive, but worth it.

Artist Tape | ProTapes
Console Tape | ProTapes
Pro Gaff | ProTapes
Old 23rd November 2015
Here for the gear
thank you!!! I'm gonna go for the 'Pro-Gaff'.
Old 23rd November 2015
Gear Addict

Yeah man-- you'll seriously regret that tape in like a year. Trust me. I've been there.
Old 24th November 2015
Lives for gear

I finally broke down and got a proper loop router. RJM Mastermind PCB.

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-rjm.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-rjm.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Porto; 25th November 2015 at 05:55 AM..
Old 29th November 2015
Not sure if I have a photo - I have a board, but I’m in the studio as well as the stage, and I constantly pull the board apart. I like to have a very short signal chain in the studio with ONLY the pedals I’m using.

Electric:
Crybaby
Ernie Ball Volume
Boss TU-2
Hotcake
MI Audio Tubescreamer
Ibanez Tremolo
Deluxe Memory Man
Line 6 Echo Park

Acoustic rig for live work: LR Baggs Para DI with a Boss TU-2 and Boss DD-3 in the FX loop.
Old 4th December 2015
Gear Addict

Cool

Getting my rig squared away again after a number of years of dormancy:

Fender E. J. Stratocaster (My PRS is currently at the factory getting the electronics modified by the PRS Tech Center) >

Creation Music Company "Custom Streamliner Series" 32" x 16" pedalboard:

Geoffrey Teese Real McCoy Custom 3 wah (RMC3) >
Lovetone Meatball (w/ Boss Bass Synthesizer SYB-3 > EBS Octabass > Rocktron Purple Haze Octavider in the effects loop) >
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (push-pull / comp. cut FM version) >
Boss DS-1 (modified chipset) >
Analogman Mini Bi-CompRosser >
Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler {with an Ernie Ball Volume pedal set-up as an expression pedal [w/ the 2nd output running to a secondary auxiliary pedalboard (see below) > Ernie Ball Volume pedal (w/ Boss TU-2 in "Tuner" jack)]} >

Fender 1965 Deluxe Reverb Reissue [highly modified: Weber C12 California ceramic speaker, Groove Tubes solid state rectifier, JJ Electronic 6V6S power tubes (biased to 24 mA @ 400V,) a modified reverb circuit routed to the "normal" channel of the amplifier so the EQ and tapered audio potentiometer can be used to adjust the reverb flavor in lieu of the standard built-in linear reverb potentiometer, and the following preamplifier tubes in slots V1 - V6 respectively]

V1: ("normal" channel gain stage #1 )... NOS Sovtek 12ax7
V2: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #1 )... NOS RCA 5751
V3: (reverb driver)... Mullard 12at7
V4: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #2 and reverb return amplifier)... JJ Electronic 12dw7
V5: (tremolo driver)... JJ Electronic 12at7
V6: (phase inverter)... NOS Sovtek 12ax7

I'm mic'ing the amplifier with an original Electro-Voice EV 660 dynamic microphone > Warm Audio TB-12 Tone Beast preamplifier > P.A. / Mixer / Audio Interface

Auxiliary pedalboard: Trailer Trash ProSeries 24" x 12":

Output #2 from DL-4 > Roger Linn AdrenaLin III > Boomerang Phrase Sampler 1.0 > Mixer / P. A. / Audio Interface

Both pedalboards wired with George L's Custom Cables and Lava Cable "Tightrope," and everything is being powered by a Voodoo Labs ISO 5, a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC, and a Big Joe Stomp Box Company PB-101 Power Box.

Soon, I'l be adding a Decibel Eleven Pedal Palette switching system, after which I'll update this.

Last edited by jeffgoobs; 6th December 2015 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: Added image.
Old 6th December 2015
Lives for gear

I have 3 boards depending on who and what I'm playing
The one on the left is my board for Electric guitar. The one on the right I use when I use my guitars that have both Magnetic and Piezo pickups.

On the Electric guitar board, the signal flow is:
Ernie Ball Volume -> PolyTune 2 -> Keely/JHS Steak and Eggs -> Arc Effects Klone -> Empress ParaEQ -> TC Spark Mini -> TC Flashback Triple -> Empress Tremolo. All powered off a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. The Board is a Pedaltrain 2.

On the other, I use a stereo cable with the Magnetics on the tip and the piezo on the ring:
Ernie Ball Stereo Volume (Here the signal splits)

Magnetic side:
Polytune Mini -> Xotic SP Compressor -> JRAD Archer Ikon -> Arc Effects Klone -> Source Audio EQ -> TC Spark Mini -> Strymon Timeline

Piezo side:
TC Harmony Singer -> Tonebone PzDeluxe

The High current pedals and those sensitive to power are powered off a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, the Tonebone has its own power supply. Everything else is run off a Mooer Micro Power. The pedalboard is a Temple Audio board. I have the filtered IEC module for power inlet and a 1/4" patch panel for the output side. A killer pedalboard system if you're not familiar with it.

My 3rd board is for my Acoustic setup (Not Pictured)
Its a Pedaltrain Jr. with a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2.
Its signal flow is:
Ernie Ball Volume -> Polytune -> TC Voicetone H1-> TC Spark -> TC SCF Chorus/Flanger -> SanAmp Blonde -> Neve DI

Every once in a great while, I need an electric guitar sound hence the Blonde Pedal.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-electric-board.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-mixed-board.jpg  
Old 6th December 2015
I finally went pedalboard after years of using a rack unit with a midi switcher.The board is a Pedal train 3 and there is a Voodoo Labs power supply for the pedal which is mounted to the bottom of the board.
Here's my chain, guitar goes into a Vox Wah into a TC Hyper Gravity compressor and then into the Visual Sound volume pedal, then back to the amp input, the TC tuner feeds off the tuner output on the volume pedal. Then the effects loops chain is set to line level and goes first into the eventide mod factor to the small TC Flashback delay which then goes to the Flashback triple delay. Then there is a AMT expression pedal I use to control the delay level on quarter note delay on the first triple delay bank. The other pedal is a switcher for the Eventide, one switch is for program bank down, since they don't have that on the pedal, the other is a brake, and the last switch changes speed. The delays are set this way, the small flashback is for slap, the the triple delay has on one a quarter note, on 2 the dotted eighth and three is set for this ambient guitar paddy deal. Not on the board but underneath is a channel switcher for the Blackstar HT60 I used last night. That changes sometimes being an Egnater Tourmaster which is larger with 6 switches or on Orange channel switcher for the 2 channel Guytron GT100, I don't use a pedal for distortion.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0706.jpg  

Last edited by Musiclab; 10th December 2015 at 03:50 PM..
Old 6th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgoobs View Post

Fender E. J. Stratocaster (My PRS is currently at the factory getting the electronics modified by the PRS Tech Center) >

Creation Music Company "Custom Streamliner Series" 32" x 16" pedalboard:

Geoffrey Teese Real McCoy Custom 3 wah (RMC3) >
Lovetone Meatball (w/ Boss Bass Synthesizer SYB-3 > EBS Octabass > Rocktron Purple Haze Octavider in the effects loop) >
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (push-pull / comp. cut FM version) >
Boss DS-1 (modified chipset) >
Analogman Mini Bi-CompRosser >
Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler {with an Ernie Ball Volume pedal set-up as an expression pedal [w/ the 2nd output running to a secondary auxiliary pedalboard (see below) > Ernie Ball Volume pedal (w/ Boss TU-2 in "Tuner" jack)]} >

Fender 1965 Deluxe Reverb Reissue [highly modified: Weber C12 California ceramic speaker, Groove Tubes solid state rectifier, JJ Electronic 6V6S power tubes (biased to 24 mA @ 400V,) a modified reverb circuit routed to the "normal" channel of the amplifier so the EQ and tapered audio potentiometer can be used to adjust the reverb flavor in lieu of the standard built-in linear reverb potentiometer, and the following preamplifier tubes in slots V1 - V6 respectively]

V1: ("normal" channel gain stage #1 )... NOS Sovtek 12ax7
V2: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #1 )... NOS RCA 5751
V3: (reverb driver)... Mullard 12at7
V4: ("vibrato" channel gain stage #2 and reverb return amplifier)... JJ Electronic 12dw7
V5: (tremolo driver)... JJ Electronic 12at7
V6: (phase inverter)... NOS Sovtek 12ax7

I'm mic'ing the amplifier with an original Electro-Voice EV 660 dynamic microphone > Warm Audio TB-12 Tone Beast preamplifier > P.A. / Mixer / Audio Interface

Auxiliary pedalboard: Trailer Trash ProSeries 24" x 12":

Output #2 from DL-4 > Roger Linn AdrenaLin III > Boomerang Phrase Sampler 1.0 > Mixer / P. A. / Audio Interface

Both pedalboards wired with George L's Custom Cables and Lava Cable "Tightrope," and everything is being powered by a Voodoo Labs ISO 5, a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power AC, and a Big Joe Stomp Box Company PB-101 Power Box.

Soon, I'l be adding a Decibel Eleven Pedal Palette switching system, after which I'll update this.
This looks very neat!

Nice to see the old Boomerang looper in there! I still think it's the best looper and certainly the easiest to operate. Quite a few years ago, I updated mine to the newer V2 chip for little money - cool that a manufacter lets you do that instead of urging you to buy the 'newer, better, awesomer, game-changin'...' you know the drill!
Old 8th December 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:

Any reason you have the boards so far apart? Not a criticism, just curious. Is the board with the boomerang what you call your auxiliary board? Des it just not get as much use?

I've been looking at a few other players lately (Henderson, Landau) that have half as many pedals, and they still split them into two boards, like a drive board and a time-based/modulation board. Just seems weird.
Old 8th December 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Sheesley View Post
Any reason you have the boards so far apart? Not a criticism, just curious. Is the board with the boomerang what you call your auxiliary board? Des it just not get as much use?

I've been looking at a few other players lately (Henderson, Landau) that have half as many pedals, and they still split them into two boards, like a drive board and a time-based/modulation board. Just seems weird.
In this case, it's simply a matter of utility. This is a recording set-up. Off-camera there is a studio control room. The room is an L-shape. The auxiliary board is simply facing the workstation, computer, and monitors. The amp is on the other end of the room so I don't get bleed-over from the monitors while recording.

As far as the functionality of having an auxiliary board, I rarely would ever bring both to a gig. The smaller board I got first. Then I upgraded, and simply haven't gotten rid of the first one. Since it has a power supply still under it, it's nice to be able to take a couple infrequently-used pedals, have them ready to go on another board, and then simply take an extra output from the first board and send it over. I specifically have both the AdrenaLinn and the Boomerang on the other board in this case because the AdrenaLin's built-in drum machine and modulation effects are fun to run into a looper/sampler, and I was running the output of that into the DAW.

Does this make any sense?
Old 8th December 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Does this make any sense?
Old 10th December 2015
Here for the gear

This Thread are so nice. Cool

Cheeres
Old 15th December 2015
Lives for gear

Not really a pedal board, more of an entire shelf.

I got a true tone one spot pro to power most of it today, rearranged everything. Recently added a whole set of Minifoogers from a contest...no I'm not crazy enough to buy all of them...

The right board is all stereo, dual Minifooger Ring-Drive-Delay into 3 Digitech istomps. This is mainly for the boss rc300 but it's setup as 2 inserts on the Tascam 388.

The left board is all mono with it split in half by the Keymaster, this is all on the fx loop of the HD500X. Minifooger Boost-Trem-Chorus-Flange-micro POG for one half and
FX25B-Rat clone-double muff-Malekko id600 on the other

And turned the other way, is a RE201 Space Echo, but it's not plugged into the pedal boards.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image.jpg  
Old 17th December 2015
Here for the gear

MXR Phase 90 'ORIGINAL' Script 1974

Putting this up here... I found it in a box -in the original box- in the attic of my parents house. Whats the story? Pot says 'MXR 8465' '1377410'. This I believe means the pedal was made on the 10th week of 1974. Does any body have further info about it? It sounds.... well, like a MXR phase 90 should sound!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1871.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1875.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_1876.jpg  

Last edited by up_right; 18th December 2015 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Error describing Pot #
Old 18th December 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Not really a pedal board, more of an entire shelf.
What an epic, beautiful disaster. I love it.

Does it work for you?
Old 18th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Sheesley View Post
What an epic, beautiful disaster. I love it.

Does it work for you?
Sure, it's kind of overkill. But I like destroying sounds off the looper and my iPad, not strictly a guitar player, and I would never consider playing a show with all this junk. I used the chain of Moogs all over a movie I just finished scoring, and they do a cool thing on vocals and acoustic guitar.

The best part you'll see is in the guitar stand on the floor, a toy guitar to run through all that crap...
Old 19th December 2015
Here for the gear

Still evolving

This will never end
Attached Thumbnails
Old 19th December 2015
Lives for gear

FuzzHugger(fx) - AB-Synth XS+ - fuzz
Smallsound/Bigsound - Mini - overdrive
ZVex - Sonar - tremolo
Dr. Scientist - BitQuest! - multi-effects
Endangered Audio Research - AD4096 - delay
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain - delay
EarthQuaker Devices - Afterneath - reverb

And, a boredbrain Patchulator 8000 patchbay sendin' paths every which way.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_9637_zps3xcznivo.jpg  
Old 26th December 2015
Lives for gear

Love this board!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image.jpeg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image.jpeg  
Old 3rd January 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
FuzzHugger(fx) - AB-Synth XS+ - fuzz
Smallsound/Bigsound - Mini - overdrive
ZVex - Sonar - tremolo
Dr. Scientist - BitQuest! - multi-effects
Endangered Audio Research - AD4096 - delay
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain - delay
EarthQuaker Devices - Afterneath - reverb

And, a boredbrain Patchulator 8000 patchbay sendin' paths every which way.
This is great! The Bit Quest is awesome. How's the patching working out for you? Any new tone discoveries?

Check this out...

Here's my bandmate's rig. I love his setup and figured I'd share to maybe give others some ideas. The board on the bottom is the input signal chain, all the way through the to the Two-Notes Amp Sim, then signal goes through the Jamman Express Looper for "dry loops". After that it goes up to the patching board for experimenting with wilder effects using the Patchulator 8000 patchbay, also lots of CV patching going on there too. After that, it goes back down to the other Jamman Looper and out to our PA. The beauty is that we can get a dry loop going, then tweak the hell out of some effects while recording a new loop or play over top of that one. The loopers are synced to MIDI using the Jamsync device. It really sounds awesome, and makes me want to improve my synth rig!

Old 7th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundshaper View Post
This is great! The Bit Quest is awesome. How's the patching working out for you? Any new tone discoveries?

Check this out...

Here's my bandmate's rig. I love his setup and figured I'd share to maybe give others some ideas. The board on the bottom is the input signal chain, all the way through the to the Two-Notes Amp Sim, then signal goes through the Jamman Express Looper for "dry loops". After that it goes up to the patching board for experimenting with wilder effects using the Patchulator 8000 patchbay, also lots of CV patching going on there too. After that, it goes back down to the other Jamman Looper and out to our PA. The beauty is that we can get a dry loop going, then tweak the hell out of some effects while recording a new loop or play over top of that one. The loopers are synced to MIDI using the Jamsync device. It really sounds awesome, and makes me want to improve my synth rig!

Just got a little pedal/creative-workflow wood!
Old 9th January 2016
Here for the gear

I am finally done with my board at the moment... I had to sacrifice my expression pedal(Moog EP-3) and take it off the board which I use on rare occasions. Compressor and Boost/Line Driver are always on. I also use a JamMan Stereo Looper which is awesome.

The Chain Order:
  • Korg Pitchblack
  • Malekko E. Filter
  • Maxon CP101 Compressor
  • J. Rockett Archer OD
  • Moog MF Drive
  • Black Arts Pharaoh Fuzz
  • Boss GE-7 EQ
  • Moog MF Ring
  • EHX Pitch Fork
  • T.C. Electronic NM-1 Nova Modulator
  • Strymon Timeline
  • Mooer Slow Engine
  • Hermida Reverb 3
  • MXR CAE Boost/Line Driver

⚡️
Attached Thumbnails
Old 9th January 2016
Lives for gear

That's beautiful! And, welcome aboard!
Old 10th January 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
That's beautiful! And, welcome aboard!
Many thanks. So nice to have something complete, pedal wise and sound.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search