The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th September 2015
Gear Addict
Here are most of them. The first two I made, I designed my decals with in- en outputs flipped, I noticed when the pedals were finished
But hey, they work and sound very nice. And cost about 50$ a piece on kit+knobs waterslide decal/paint/enamel , everything included... = addictive...

The power supply could be better, but does the job without hum.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imag0049.jpg  
Old 16th September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVDL View Post
Here are most of them. The first two I made, I designed my decals with in- en outputs flipped, I noticed when the pedals were finished
But hey, they work and sound very nice. And cost about 50$ a piece on kit+knobs waterslide decal/paint/enamel , everything included... = addictive...

The power supply could be better, but does the job without hum.
You should explain a bit about what you got goin' on there.
Old 16th September 2015
Gear Addict
I know, the board looks messy.

MORC is a Ross compressor clone with a 3-way swith allowing choices between original, fast or slow release times
golden one : Klon Centaur clone
white one : Zendrive clone
blue one : is a fuzz based on D. Gilmour's fuzz sounds, preceded by the "luna fuzz", also from Guitarpcb.com
D'lay : analog style delay, based on PT2399 chip. The repeats decrease in soundquality, which should resemble tape style delays according to the vendor.
light blue one : optical tremolo

Not in picture is a Wah pedal from Jim dunlop which I modded with
a halo inductor /yellow fazel inductor/original
a sweep control to alter the frequencyrange where the cutofpoint of the wah will operate
an option to switch for use on a bassguitar
But there is one switch setting still not working.
I used stinkfoot.se | Andreas' web home as a guideline for this, it's the only one I wouldn't do again.

Also not in the picture, a uni-vibe clone which has an error I've yet got to find.

The powersupply is a simple daisy chain wall wart supply from the Roland pedal board... which could be better in the future...

All effects are handwired and soldered, and came to me as D.I.Y. kits at prices from 30 to 45$ approximatly. I printed decals on waterslide decalpaper, which I applied to the color-sprayed chassis, followed by a few coats of enamel.
Manuals are included in the kits, and are pretty detailed.
Old 19th September 2015
Here for the gear

My board

Cry baby way, boss distortion, mxr phaser, mxr carbon copy, boss rc1, voodoo power supply. American standard with a blues junior
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image_4769_0.jpg  
Old 23rd September 2015
Here for the gear
Post Guitars

Oh such a great forum!

Anybody use good vst guitars?

MUSIC FOR MEDIA
Royalty Free Music for Video, Media, Multimedia, Commercials, Advertising, YouTube Promotion, Radio, Photo-Audio-Video, Broadcast, TV or other Projects.
Music For Creativity
musicformedia
Old 24th September 2015
Lives for gear

Latest updates on my cover band board.

Old 24th September 2015
Here for the gear

Just the two at the bottom of my picture. I'm only learning so I think my setup isn't bad seeing as I can't even play a chord yet. Sorry for the link, site still won't let me post images:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...e1&oe=56A13010
Old 27th September 2015
Gear Maniac

I call my pedal board "Existential Microcosm 1: the Beckoning":

Old 28th September 2015
Full Description here : New Studio Pedalboard — AUDIONAUTAS
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalz.jpg  

Last edited by Mario-C.; 28th September 2015 at 04:30 PM..
Old 30th September 2015
Lives for gear

Here is what I've got going on, now.

Blackout Effectors - Twosome - dual fuzz
Mellowtone - Hi Five Plus! - boost
Smallsound/Bigsound - Mini - overdrive
ZVex - Sonar - tremolo
Dr. Scientist - BitQuest! - multi-effects
Endangered Audio Research - AD4096 - delay
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain - delay
EarthQuaker Devices - Afterneath - reverb
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_9124.jpg  
Old 30th September 2015
Here for the gear

Updated - new acquisitions, plus dropped some longstanding pedals for the greater good.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20150929_203047.jpg  
Old 4th October 2015
Gear Head

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-12046719_10204741677573102_962784836550453408_n.jpg  
Old 5th October 2015
Lives for gear

Wampler Ego- Fulltone Fulldrive 3 - Wampler Blackface 65- Jhs Muffaletta - Earthquaker Devices Fuzzmaster General - Polytune - TCE Hall of Fame - Carbon Copy Delay - TCE Flashback Delay

I'm pretty stoked on this setup. Running it through a 76 Fender Silver Face Bassman into a Marshall 60s Lead Cab. Sounds pretty sweet!

For now at least. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image_9348_0.jpg  
Old 5th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
Here is what I've got going on, now.

Blackout Effectors - Twosome - dual fuzz
Mellowtone - Hi Five Plus! - boost
Smallsound/Bigsound - Mini - overdrive
ZVex - Sonar - tremolo
Dr. Scientist - BitQuest! - multi-effects
Endangered Audio Research - AD4096 - delay
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain - delay
EarthQuaker Devices - Afterneath - reverb
Nice board. How are you liking that Afterneath? I've been eyeing that one for awhile. Heck, I'm eyeing everything it seems. When I was a kid it was baseball cards, now it's pedals. ha.
Old 5th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Nice board. How are you liking that Afterneath? I've been eyeing that one for awhile. Heck, I'm eyeing everything it seems. When I was a kid it was baseball cards, now it's pedals. ha.
Hey, thanks! I'm the same way. I've got a pretty good pedal habit. I lust for them more than guitars or amps. But, I try to look on the bright side, I could be into Eurorack!

I love the Afterneath. But, be warned, it's not your typical reverb and requires some work be put in to reap its rewards. It is better for the tweaker that wants to get wild. For more "standard" reverb sounds, I have turned to amp reverb or a Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator (RRR). And, my BitQuest! has a right decent reverb, too.
Old 5th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
Hey, thanks! I'm the same way. I've got a pretty good pedal habit. I lust for them more than guitars or amps. But, I try to look on the bright side, I could be into Eurorack!

I love the Afterneath. But, be warned, it's not your typical reverb and requires some work be put in to reap its rewards. It is better for the tweaker that wants to get wild. For more "standard" reverb sounds, I have turned to amp reverb or a Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator (RRR). And, my BitQuest! has a right decent reverb, too.
Nice! Thanks for the tips. Love the Earthquaker stuff. Really good pedals. So many good ones out there now.
Old 5th October 2015
This is my first pedalboard and I've almost outgrown it before its finished.

Eventide FX just do it for me, later this week that free pedalboard area will be filled with a Modfactor which will go straight into the amps. The Delays and Reverb in the fx loops.
Standard Dunlop Wah into DriveMaster and the UC300.
The Radial ABY sitting on a riser will be surplus to requirements once the Modfactor arrives.
The power supply also needs upgrading to a Cioks (sp?).

Sometime down the line I'll be getting the Pitchfactor and need to swap out the UC300 for something similar sounding but a smaller footprint. The Box of Metal by Zvex looks interesting.

Wow! That is all.

Last edited by Howling Terror; 6th October 2015 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: it arrived early :-)
Old 12th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmusic View Post
Oh such a great forum!

Anybody use good vst guitars?
They don't exist (good ones that is).
Old 16th October 2015
Here for the gear
Smile Looking good

Ohh yeahhh . It looks great ! I like it ))))
Old 22nd October 2015
Gear Head

Work in progress..

Pedaltrain Pro something or other (it's huge)
Voodoo labs Pedal Power 2

Joyo PXL Pro true bypass looper

Tuner port: Sonic Research Turbo Tuner (the BEST tuner)

Loops:

(Front of amp)
1 - Ernie Ball VP JR volume pedal
2 - Seymour Duncan - Multi-Wah
3 -- Maxon Od803 + American Sound Joyo
4 - Voodo Labs Trem

(FX loop)
5 - Small Clone Chorus
6 - MXR Carbon Copy delay
7 - TC Elec. Ditto Looper
8 - Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master delay/reverb
Old 22nd October 2015
Lives for gear

Nice! I'd like to have a Dispatch Master.
Old 25th October 2015
Here for the gear

Yer, the effects pedal is pretty much it. Still learning so not much point getting anything else..... I'm up to 3x guitars though...... I think I prefer my Tele to my two LP's. Such a nice raw sound with the bridge pickup. No effects needed

Old 25th October 2015
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw21a View Post
Yer, the effects pedal is pretty much it. Still learning so not much point getting anything else..... I'm up to 3x guitars though...... I think I prefer my Tele to my two LP's. Such a nice raw sound with the bridge pickup. No effects needed

I tend to like the effects dialed in in a subtle way most often.
Old 31st October 2015
Here for the gear
Fuzz pedal

As many of you guys seem to be real pedal geeks, i would like to ask you a question. I am searching for a "clean" fuzz sound (gated?). Well, the the sound of the fuzz found in this song at "2:20".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJutn2OXDZE

Any suggestions for the pedal i might b searching for?

Old 1st November 2015
Gear Nut

my "pedalboard"

Bit of a story. I decided I spend too much time in front of my computer, and needed a bit more analog in my life. I had been doing all my playing through Amplitude/Guitar Rig, but I hated to have to sit in front of the computer to play. Also, the computer provides too many distractions (gearslutz.com). After about six months I ended up with all of this. First guitar rig ever, and now that I have it it’s obvious I waited too long.

guitar - 1993 Fender Strat Deluxe
amp - Egnater Tweaker 15 combo
cables - Lava mini-elc with G&H plugs, soldered them myself

Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Plus 2 - A no-brainer. I’m not running anything that requires high voltage/current except for the DMM, but that uses it’s own power adapter plugged into the convenience outlet.

In order:

t.c. electronic Mojo Mojo - This pedal is almost always on, all controls flat with drive at 9 o’clock. It just rounds things off a bit, almost like using a heavier set of strings.

t.c. electronic Dark Matter - This is for gain. Again, usually flat or close to it, with drive between 9 and 12 o’clock. No over the top high gain tones for me.

Mad Professor Golden Cello - For when I want gain, but I want to tone to remain mellow. Really round sound here with a muted pick attack. My cheap and hacky Eric Johnson Dumble tone. I avoid the delay.

Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man XO - Love, love, love this one. I spent a ton of time going over the different models (XO, 500TT, 1100, MB, MT) and settled on this one. I just don’t need the extra features one the newer models. Just cracking the depth knob open a hair is what makes this one magic for me. May get the Alanlogman mod on it. Guitar Center is blowing these out for $200 new, and I got the last one in my local store.

Digitech Obscura Altered Delay - For when I want a longer delay that what the DMM offers. The degrade knob is very cool, and it’s nice to have a reverse delay option.

t.c. electronic Corona chorus - I don’t really have a strong opinion on chorus effects, so when this one came up cheap on craigslist I just grabbed it. It works for me, and I tend to like the simple chorus mode better that the thicker tri-chorus option.

IK Multimedia iRig - This allows me to easily and cheaply play with some sounds for which I don’t want to invest in a dedicated unit. Stuff like Uni-Vibe, envelope filter, auto-wah, synths, etc. Using Amplitube on an iPhone 6.

t.c. electronic Hall of Fame reverb - Again, no strong opinions here, and this one came up cheap. Working well so far.

t.c. electronic Ditto looper - Another cheap craigslist impulse buy. Can't use it worth a damn, but it's fun.

Next steps?

Well, a board would be nice. Now that I'm feeling comfortable with everything I think it's time to get some velcro going. Honestly not a priority though as I just play at home.

xotic sp compressor would be nice.

Also, I’d like to try to run the delays on a loop using an xotic x-blender. Especially for the DMM, seeing as dialing it in can be a bit tweaky. I’d like to try just setting the blend to full delay and bring it back in with the blend knob on the x-blend. Or even putting the Obscura and the Corona in the loop by themselves and see if I can emulate the DMM a bit, but with longer delays.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_0189.jpg  
Old 3rd November 2015
Lives for gear

Somebody loves T.C.

Nice setup!
Old 5th November 2015
Gear Head

Quote:

Work in progress..

Pedaltrain Pro something or other (it's huge)
Voodoo labs Pedal Power 2

Joyo PXL Pro true bypass looper

Tuner port: Sonic Research Turbo Tuner (the BEST tuner)

Loops:

(Front of amp)
1 - Ernie Ball VP JR volume pedal
2 - Seymour Duncan - Multi-Wah
3 -- Maxon Od803 + American Sound Joyo
4 - Voodo Labs Trem
So you put the Joyo (that is intended to be placed direct on Pa or audio PC device) in front of an amp. How does it sounds?
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugge78 View Post
So you put the Joyo (that is intended to be placed direct on Pa or audio PC device) in front of an amp. How does it sounds?
Huh? The Joyo PXL-PRO is an effects looping system. What do you mean by "direct on Pa or audio PC device?" What product do you think he's referring to?

JOYO Technology
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgoobs View Post
Huh? The Joyo PXL-PRO is an effects looping system. What do you mean by "direct on Pa or audio PC device?" What product do you think he's referring to?

JOYO Technology
I mean that the joyo has been made to simulate the feeling of a miked amp so the best use of this pedal is to place it directly on a mixer or a soundcard device.

I was wondering about using it on the input of a guitar amplifier, and you can exclude the speaker sim on the joyo.
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugge78 View Post
I mean that the joyo has been made to simulate the feeling of a miked amp so the best use of this pedal is to place it directly on a mixer or a soundcard device.

I was wondering about using it on the input of a guitar amplifier, and you can exclude the speaker sim on the joyo.
no mate. it's a looper as jeffgoobs said. it makes no sound on it's own. it's to tame your pedals.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search