The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 19th July 2015
Lives for gear

I guess it was inevitable... I got my first pedalboard, for my birthday.

Pedaltrain - Classic JR

Walrus Audio - Aetos - power supply

The chain runs like:

Mellowtone - Hi Five Plus! - boost/overdrive
Blackout Effectors - Twosome - dual fuzz
Dr. Scientist - BitQuest! - multi-effects
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain - "oil can" delay
EarthQuaker Devices - Afterneath - reverberation machine
TC Electronics - Ditto X2 - looper
Old 22nd July 2015
Lives for gear
I wish my mystical psi power would allow me to know what various pedals are on a lot of boards. I do not have the initiative to examine pics with a magnifying glass to try and decipher the hidden clues as to what something might be.
Would it kill anyone to actually list the gear and chain flow??

I often see a lot of new more exotic pedals that had not seen before so knowing what they are might add to the gear knowledge.
Old 22nd July 2015
Lives for gear

Yeah, my picture showed up a bit smaller than I anticipated. But, I'm happy it posted here at all. They usually don't.

However, since you asked so nicely, indirectly, I'll be glad to go in and add some details to it.
Old 23rd July 2015
Oops... I did it again...
Although my last board was my "own" design with the layout I needed, it was starting to get a bit too heavy and awkward to cart around to rehearsals and gigs... I considered different cases and keyboard bags but nothing really fitted... so I had to re-evaluate things... since my birthday is due in early August and the missus kept asking what I wanted I thought maybe go for the Pedaltrain Jr. with Soft Case and ditch some pedals that I could do without... for instance... the MXR Phase 90, I only use that one on one track so I started experimenting using the Wah instead and give the song a fresh twist... I use the MC404 Wah on a few things so that one stays... then there's the Boss FRV reverb, went back to the amps reverbs... after some tweaking I got a nice reverb, I like reverb... I bought a Radial Bigshot amp switcher to replace the Boss AB, so not only I could swap amps but also mix them... did not work very well for some reason.. horrible noises... so I exchanged it for a Selah Featherdrive... awesome overdrive, nice and compact... so the Boss BD2 went in the drawer...
Anyways this is the new rig...

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psogxvc7nk.jpg

Now the chain goes like this...

Main guitar: Fender Cabronita Telecaster FSR
Backup guitar: Fender Strat SHH
Boss AB2 (G)
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
MC404 Wah
Selah Featherdrive
Boss AB2 (A)
Main amp: Vox AC30C2
Backup amp: Fender Frontman 212R
Power: T-Rex Fueltank Jr.
Old 24th July 2015
Gear Nut

Sorry for the slightly blurry picture, but here's mine from the studio a couple weeks ago.

Homemade buffer
TC PolyTune mini
Homemade attenuator
Homemade boost (based on the alembic stratoblaster)
Amp

Then in the effects loop is:
Crazy homemade feedback looper (front center with the 4 buttons) which contains all the following in it's loop:
Ibanez Echo Shifter
Mooer ShimVerb (not really a fan, I plan on getting a TC Hall of Fame mini)
TC Flashback mini
Homemade delay (I think the circuit was called Cave Dweller or something?)
Bheringer Bass Limiter (only there to keep my amp from blowing up when I get a little too crazy with self oscillation on the delays...)

All powered by a T-Rex Fueltank Chameleon.

Also in this picture but not on the board are an Ernie Ball volume pedal, a Noisemakers Effects Crush fuzz, a Nux Mod core, and a Barber Electronics Dirty Bomb (up in the corner not plugged in in this photo).
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20150712_181038816_hdr_fotor.jpg  
Old 25th July 2015
Lives for gear

Here's an updated picture.

Off: Mellowtone - Hi Five Plus! - boost
On: Endangered Audio Research - AD4096 - delay

Old 30th July 2015
After playing with my last setup I realised I could unclutter my pedalboard further if I removed the AB pedals... I'll still take the backup amp and guitar with me and just pull plugs if needed... so... new chain...

Cab Tele > Tuner > MC404 Wah > Little Big Muff > Selah Featherdrive > Vox AC30C2
Power: T-Rex Fueltank Jr. (red, under the hood...)

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...pspndt7m7e.jpg
Old 31st July 2015
Lives for gear

Off: TC Electronics - Ditto X2 - looper
On: ZVex - Sonar - tremolo

So, now it's Sonar-->Twosome-->BitQuest!-->AD4096-->Black Fountain-->Afterneath.
Old 1st August 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxstratman View Post
Oops... I did it again...
Although my last board was my "own" design with the layout I needed, it was starting to get a bit too heavy and awkward to cart around to rehearsals and gigs... I considered different cases and keyboard bags but nothing really fitted... so I had to re-evaluate things... since my birthday is due in early August and the missus kept asking what I wanted I thought maybe go for the Pedaltrain Jr. with Soft Case and ditch some pedals that I could do without... for instance... the MXR Phase 90, I only use that one on one track so I started experimenting using the Wah instead and give the song a fresh twist... I use the MC404 Wah on a few things so that one stays... then there's the Boss FRV reverb, went back to the amps reverbs... after some tweaking I got a nice reverb, I like reverb... I bought a Radial Bigshot amp switcher to replace the Boss AB, so not only I could swap amps but also mix them... did not work very well for some reason.. horrible noises... so I exchanged it for a Selah Featherdrive... awesome overdrive, nice and compact... so the went in the drawer...
Anyways this is the new rig...

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psogxvc7nk.jpg

Now the chain goes like this...

Main guitar: Fender Cabronita Telecaster FSR
Backup guitar: Fender Strat SHH
Boss AB2 (G)
Tuner
MC404 Wah
Selah Featherdrive
Boss AB2 (A)
Main amp: Vox AC30C2
Backup amp: Fender Frontman 212R
Power: T-Rex Fueltank Jr.
After playing with my last setup I realised I could unclutter my pedalboard further if I removed the AB pedals... I'll still take the backup amp and guitar with me and just pull plugs if needed... so... new chain...

Cab Tele > Pitchblack Tuner > MC404 Wah > Little Big Muff > Selah Featherdrive > Vox AC30C2
Power: T-Rex Fueltank Jr. (red, under the hood)

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...pspndt7m7e.jpg
Old 6th August 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakestree View Post
Yeah, my picture showed up a bit smaller than I anticipated. But, I'm happy it posted here at all. They usually don't.

However, since you asked so nicely, indirectly, I'll be glad to go in and add some details to it.
Thanks, I think that adds a lot to the thread interest as knowing the chain is the deal for me, I like to see what order others are running.

I envy the ability for many to downsize and use a smaller board. I always liked the looks on the bands faces when my gear starts coming in, was sort of fun for me.
We used to use a rehearsal room lit by candles (back when I was not blind) and it was sort of the thing to marvel at the lights on my board (stoners loved it).
It is now a dual height 2'x4' just redid my drive array, hope to post some new pics of it soon. My wife shot some on her camera but they ended up really small.
Pedals are like having a wah, if you do not have one you want it but when it is there you forget to use it.

Last edited by darkhorse; 6th August 2015 at 07:13 AM..
Old 6th August 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
I guess it was inevitable... I got my first pedalboard, for my birthday.

Pedaltrain - Classic JR

Walrus Audio - Aetos - power supply

The chain runs like:

Mellowtone - Hi Five Plus! - boost/overdrive
Blackout Effectors - Twosome - dual fuzz
Dr. Scientist - BitQuest! - multi-effects
Old Blood Noise Endeavors - Black Fountain - "oil can" delay
EarthQuaker Devices - Afterneath - reverberation machine
TC Electronics - Ditto X2 - looper
Dual fuzz looks wicked. Some cool picks there.
Old 6th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Dual fuzz looks wicked. Some cool picks there.
Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with the Twosome. It is probably all the fuzz I really need. (Though, I still have fuzz-lust.) It is two of Blackout's pedals in one. But, really, it works out like 4 in 1. The Musket side is an expanded Muff with pre-gain and cool tone control. The Fix'd side has two different fuzz circuits and a boost, that are stackable. My Twosome has what they call the VST (Very Special Twosome) mod which allows the two side to be used together, and incorporates a switch to choose the order in which they are stacked.
Old 7th August 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks!

I'm pretty happy with the Twosome. It is probably all the fuzz I really need. (Though, I still have fuzz-lust.) It is two of Blackout's pedals in one. But, really, it works out like 4 in 1. The Musket side is an expanded Muff with pre-gain and cool tone control. The Fix'd side has two different fuzz circuits and a boost, that are stackable. My Twosome has what they call the VST (Very Special Twosome) mod which allows the two side to be used together, and incorporates a switch to choose the order in which they are stacked.
At some point I suppose I will have to dabble in the fuzz arena again. I really haven't had one or used one in some time. I prefer artful selection of overdrives and high gains for massive dist levels. They just give me better articulation and feel. Fuzz tends to get out of control for me and too much a mush of distortion, that is of course the older ones I had. I am quite fond of the Black Arts units and the ones you have are certainly top pick choices.
I just placed the final piece on my new board which features a dual Klon sandwich with my overdrives and high gains in between. I love the stacking options and variants at hand. Right now I use the Wampler Triple Wreck for intense gain which actually has a fuzz circuit for its boost. In addition to its homage to the Mesa Rec it can do mean ass full on Gilmour muff tone using the boost.
Fuzz lends itself to more solo lead single note riffs and stuff and does not carry chords much as they are not known for note definition. But, it is hard to beat that bad ass Gilmour tone or what Pagey and Beck have done with the Tone Bender and others. No doubt the modern versions and improved circuits are better than they used to be.
Old 26th August 2015
Lives for gear
Darkhorse Sept 2015 Soundroom

Gradually building to some recording capability but here is my sound room.
I am not, shall we say a minimalist.
Seems like a lot and it is but just a lot of fun and options.

Board close up:

Rundown:
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
Radial PB1 (class A buffer, mod clean boost)
Radial A/B/Y switch (to Trio unit)(Tuner Out to Pitchblack)
Wampler Compressor (low compressor blend)
Digitech Whammy V
Mesa Flux Drive
JRAD Archer (Klon Silver, clean boost)
Catlinbread RAH foundation OD
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe
Wampler Triple Wreck
MVR EVH Phase90
PCE Klon clone (end of chain buffer, clean boost)
To rack:
Tech21 PSA 1.1
stereo loop: TC X4 > Supernatural Reverb(upper board shelf) > stereo rack BBE
XLR balanced outs using Behringer Nuke or ART SL1 power amp.
Modified Carvin 4x12 cab loaded with Eminence Man O War 12s

Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth (upper board shelf)
separate full range rig for synth Mackie Mixer converts GR-55 TS to balanced TRS for EV ZLX15Ps.
TRIO unit feeds stereo into BBE into the Mackie to the EV rig.

It's a lot of gear and has rather infinite sonic possibilities. If I were to play out I would probably just take the guitar rig portion. The Guitar Synth tales some planning to use within a band as it is so fullrange do not need a bass player. Of course few pedals are on at one time, just like having an array of stacking options and tone colors.

Last edited by darkhorse; 27th August 2015 at 10:27 PM..
Old 30th August 2015
Gear Head
My latest gig board...

From Guitar ->Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah -> Boss TU-2 -> Boss NS-2 (from SEND of NS-2 -> BadCat Siamese drive -> MI Audio Super Crunch Box -> Wampler Paisley drive -> RETURN of NS-2) -> Moog Minifooger delay(used as lead boost) -> Diamond Counterpoint delay -> Mooer trelicopter -> TC Electronics Trinity reverb -> Amp.