The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 23rd February 2015
  #1771
Gear Maniac
 
macmurphy's Avatar
 



i need to get the power properly sorted and give it a bit of a tidy..
Old 24th February 2015
  #1772
Lives for gear
 
Joe_K's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
I'm going to see how things go with the V1 at the next few rehearsals and gigs - on the whole I think the V1 is more consistent with my pedals, and all the M1 sounds great in the IEM, it's a bit bright when out loud.
Cool. The thing that is really impressive about the AMT preamps is, if you run them into the power section of the equivalent amp (ie: V1 into the fx return of an AC-30 and P2 into a 5150), you achieve a practically indistinguishable sound and feel. A/B with the onboard preamp is an eye opener for how good a solid state preamp can be. That exercise made me feel pretty confident taking the preamp into other amps ... while not 100% like the source amp because of the power amp differences, I feel it's not going to get any closer with any other solution.

I did notice, before buying a bunch of them, that it is hard to judge which you may like from the videos. I used Burgs as a kind of baseline, but even then he had a knack for twisting the knobs and playing off the top of his head and making them all seem so similar. He attempts to show diversity in each pedal demo, but it's more helpful to go with the strengths in each pedal. The differences are so much more apparent when you play side-by-side yourself.

For lower/medium gain Page and The Who kind of stuff, I chose the O2 against the M1. I tried and tried, but I couldn't get the sound out of the M1 tone stack that I wanted.
Old 24th February 2015
  #1773
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmurphy View Post


i need to get the power properly sorted and give it a bit of a tidy..
Come on chaps, a little help with the chain flow and names, there are some things I cannot see much less how you have things connected. I enjoy reading the info and you should be proud of the accomplishment of such a nice board. If some do not like to read they can just not read. I sort of have a theory you cannot know or learn crap without reading.

I've always wondered why Digitech left out the tune up direction on that pedal, I guess we tend to tune down. The Nashville tuning can be a hoot which I would not attempt without such a device or like my GR-55 which does it in a click. Very cool std guitar polyphonic technology coming from the Whammy V pedal which I dig so much.
Old 24th February 2015
  #1774
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
Cool. The thing that is really impressive about the AMT preamps is, if you run them into the power section of the equivalent amp (ie: V1 into the fx return of an AC-30 and P2 into a 5150), you achieve a practically indistinguishable sound and feel. A/B with the onboard preamp is an eye opener for how good a solid state preamp can be. That exercise made me feel pretty confident taking the preamp into other amps ... while not 100% like the source amp because of the power amp differences, I feel it's not going to get any closer with any other solution.

I did notice, before buying a bunch of them, that it is hard to judge which you may like from the videos. I used Burgs as a kind of baseline, but even then he had a knack for twisting the knobs and playing off the top of his head and making them all seem so similar. He attempts to show diversity in each pedal demo, but it's more helpful to go with the strengths in each pedal. The differences are so much more apparent when you play side-by-side yourself.

For lower/medium gain Page and The Who kind of stuff, I chose the O2 against the M1. I tried and tried, but I couldn't get the sound out of the M1 tone stack that I wanted.
Those AMT pedals are great preamps. Ever messed with the ISP Theta a monster that one. Using the power amp section on amps often makes for a better sound or at least a diverse range of options. I've been doing that for ages messing with modelers and synths. Don't drive it too hard on the effect return I burned out resistors on a couple twins doing that some time back.
Old 24th February 2015
  #1775
Gear Maniac
 
macmurphy's Avatar
 

of course you're right darkhorse.

top left there is the Buff Master Pre from Durham Eletronics. this is the i/o.
from there it's of to the other side and in to the Polytune, Drop and the input of the NS-2. in the loop of the NS-2 there's a Time Travel Audio Compressor that goes in to King of Klon by Fredric Effects, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, Stone Deaf Fig Fumb, TTA Vortex Phaser, a distortion pedal (1 of 2 made it hasn't got a name -here's the other Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!Distortion Pedal unique and hand built with unusual features. 2 of 2 ever made ! | eBay
and back into the NS-2. the out of the NS-2 goes through a TTA Salvador Delay, a Stone Deaf PDF 1 and out through the BMP.
Old 24th February 2015
  #1776
Lives for gear
Thanks man. No way I could tell what most of these were, Plus you have a different chain thing going on, which is what I like to read about, seems like hand picked worked through pedal choices.
Old 26th February 2015
  #1777
Here for the gear
 

Looper Help

Hello,

I am currently working on a pedal board setup and have two stereo pedals that I would like to have incorporate into my Joyo pxl8. They are the reverb(v2 black pedal with two outs) and Tremveolpe(blue one
with one stereo out) that will be at the end of my chain. All that I am wondering is what cables would I need to use to acquire true stereo? Also, if the joyo pxl8 is mono then is it even possible. I am currently running stereo from the Tremvelope to an ABY box that goes out to my two amps and works well. Or, would I simply use mono cables for the pedals and one stereo cable from the Joyo pxl8 going out and then into my ABY box to get true stereo? I have attached pictures below.

Thank you so much for your help.

Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-e0a5be27-3960-40bb-8bc6-e98d7cd828ef.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-7cce7a7e-9986-4292-94ad-6f632565fb14.jpg  
Old 26th February 2015
  #1778
Lives for gear
 
Joe_K's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1segovia View Post
Hello,

I am currently working on a pedal board setup and have two stereo pedals that I would like to have incorporate into my Joyo pxl8. They are the reverb(v2 black pedal with two outs) and Tremveolpe(blue one
with one stereo out) that will be at the end of my chain. All that I am wondering is what cables would I need to use to acquire true stereo? Also, if the joyo pxl8 is mono then is it even possible. I am currently running stereo from the Tremvelope to an ABY box that goes out to my two amps and works well. Or, would I simply use mono cables for the pedals and one stereo cable from the Joyo pxl8 going out and then into my ABY box to get true stereo? I have attached pictures below.

Thank you so much for your help.

Nick
You'll have to look at the Joyo documentation and see if there is a mode you can enable that gangs two loops to let them operate together in stereo. My Disaster Area has a mode like that I can enable during startup (gives me 4 stereo loops instead of 8 mono).
Old 26th February 2015
  #1779
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
You'll have to look at the Joyo documentation and see if there is a mode you can enable that gangs two loops to let them operate together in stereo. My Disaster Area has a mode like that I can enable during startup (gives me 4 stereo loops instead of 8 mono).
Thank you for your response. The manual says nothing about stereo capability
for the pxl8 so assuming it is completely mono I am wondering if I can just connect my stereo pedals to the looper with mono cables and then use a stereo cable from the out of the pxl into the aby box then out to my two amps to get stereo?

Thanks
Old 26th February 2015
  #1780
Lives for gear
 
Joe_K's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1segovia View Post
Thank you for your response. The manual says nothing about stereo capability
for the pxl8 so assuming it is completely mono I am wondering if I can just connect my stereo pedals to the looper with mono cables and then use a stereo cable from the out of the pxl into the aby box then out to my two amps to get stereo?

Thanks
No, it doesn't sound possible that way. Hook up your stereo pedals after the looper. If you need to have stereo pedals in your looper, you'll need to search for a looper with stereo ability. Or run these pedals in mono (Left In/Left Out) for the time being.
Old 26th February 2015
  #1781
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
No, it doesn't sound possible that way. Hook up your stereo pedals after the looper. If you need to have stereo pedals in your looper, you'll need to search for a looper with stereo ability. Or run these pedals in mono (Left In/Left Out) for the time being.
Thank you. When you say hook up stereo pedals after looper do you mean to
connect the out of the pxl8 to the first stereo pedal(trs I presume) and chain the other stereo pedal together and then into the aby box? So I would not be able to incorporate them into the Joyopxl8 but would at least still have them I stereo.
If I'm not making too much sense here you just tell me to look into a Disaster Area looper.
Old 26th February 2015
  #1782
Lives for gear
 
Joe_K's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1segovia View Post
Thank you. When you say hook up stereo pedals after looper do you mean to
connect the out of the pxl8 to the first stereo pedal(trs I presume) and chain the other stereo pedal together and then into the aby box? So I would not be able to incorporate them into the Joyopxl8 but would at least still have them I stereo.
If I'm not making too much sense here you just tell me to look into a Disaster Area looper.
Yep, that's basically it. I don't know about the TRS cable though. That only seems necessary for the last pedal in your chain because it has a TRS stereo out. To split that output you need what is known as an "Insert Cable" (a cable that has TRS on one end and splits out to 2 TS ends). If it has a TRS input as well, you'll need a second Insert Cable. You just go into the first stereo pedal using TS (mono) in the left input. That pedal begins the stereo separation. Then chain that pedal with the next one using stereo. Then to the amps (using an "Insert Cable" cable if you have to, to separate the Left/Right of the last pedal to two TS cables).

What's the ABY for? Don't you have to go back to mono plugging into it and defeat the purpose of running stereo? Are you sure you really want to run stereo?

Ideally, the chain is: guitars -> looper [mono pedals in loops] Out Mono -> stereo pedal 1 -> stereo pedal2 2 -> amps

May even sound better if you just keep the stereo capable effects in mono (put them on the looper, use TS cables and just hook up the Left I/O ... or however that last pedal works in mono .. probably just a TS cable, but there may be a jumper inside you have to change or something). Then the ABY makes sense, because you would be splitting your mono signal out to two amps.

BTW, guitar pedals that use TRS for stereo are a pain in the butt. You rarely have the right cable you need at the right length just laying around when you want to try them out in stereo. It's not typical for guitar pedals to do that.

Last edited by Joe_K; 26th February 2015 at 06:45 AM..
Old 26th February 2015
  #1783
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
Yep, that's basically it. I don't know about the TRS cable though. That only seems necessary for the last pedal in your chain because it has a TRS stereo out. To split that output you need what is known as an "Insert Cable" (a cable that has TRS on one end and splits out to 2 TS ends). If it has a TRS input as well, you'll need a second Insert Cable. You just go into the first stereo pedal using TS (mono) in the left input. That pedal begins the stereo separation. Then chain that pedal with the next one using stereo. Then to the amps (using an "Insert Cable" cable if you have to, to separate the Left/Right of the last pedal to two TS cables).

What's the ABY for? Don't you have to go back to mono plugging into it and defeat the purpose of running stereo? Are you sure you really want to run stereo?

Ideally, the chain is: guitars -> looper [mono pedals in loops] Out Mono -> stereo pedal 1 -> stereo pedal2 2 -> amps

May even sound better if you just keep the stereo capable effects in mono (put them on the looper, use TS cables and just hook up the Left I/O ... or however that last pedal works in mono .. probably just a TS cable, but there may be a jumper inside you have to change or something). Then the ABY makes sense, because you would be splitting your mono signal out to two amps.

BTW, guitar pedals that use TRS for stereo are a pain in the butt. You rarely have the right cable you need at the right length just laying around when you want to try them out in stereo. It's not typical for guitar pedals to do that.
Really helpful here. Thank you. Looks like I have a decision to make either put them after the looper or part of the loop in mono. Assuming the stereo pedals
able capable of functioning in mono and would make no difference in sounding stereo through the aby then I would probably go that route cause then i would also be able to include them w pxl8 effect switching. I am wondering though if this would get me the same result as using a Boss Es-8 which has two stereo loops w an $800 price tag though. I am a bit naive to the difference between true stereo and split mono
Thanks again.
Old 26th February 2015
  #1784
Lives for gear
 
Joe_K's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1segovia View Post
I am a bit naive to the difference between true stereo and split mono
It's simple for practical application. Splitting mono is just sending the same signal to 2 amplifiers. Stereo is when the two signals are actually capable of having differences. A stereo guitar pedal will make the two signals different in order to create a sense of width and of space.

Now, if you split a mono signal into two amps, and the amps themselves are different tones, and the engineer has panned them left and right, you've also created stereo. The width depends on how different the amps really are. Your effects are still mono, which is to say the effect box itself is not creating a different left/right signal.

Stereo is generally preferred for the studio. Mono is generally preferred for live. You can certainly use stereo live as many do, but understanding it more fully will tell you that there are times when mono will still be the best (or even be your only choice at many gigs).
Old 27th February 2015
  #1785
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
It's simple for practical application. Splitting mono is just sending the same signal to 2 amplifiers. Stereo is when the two signals are actually capable of having differences. A stereo guitar pedal will make the two signals different in order to create a sense of width and of space.

Now, if you split a mono signal into two amps, and the amps themselves are different tones, and the engineer has panned them left and right, you've also created stereo. The width depends on how different the amps really are. Your effects are still mono, which is to say the effect box itself is not creating a different left/right signal.

Stereo is generally preferred for the studio. Mono is generally preferred for live. You can certainly use stereo live as many do, but understanding it more fully will tell you that there are times when mono will still be the best (or even be your only choice at many gigs).
Hmm, really interesting.
Thank you so much.
Old 27th February 2015
  #1786
Lives for gear
Fellow pedal campers, if I may, having run my share of stereo rigs and ABY splits.

The best way to run stereo without phase issues between the amps is put your mono pedals in the looper (not a big deal really unless it helps you with presets), run the looper (or last pedal) into the ABY to the two amps.
Unlike amps can be out of phase with each other and the better ABY's have a phase 180 for one side, as well as an isolation switch to unbuckle the two amps so they do not interfere with each other.
I would run the stereo effects in the amp loops. Not sure what these are as I am pretty bad at reading previous posts. But if they are typical stereo pedals loop sends in the first pedal ins and, into the next pedal, the outs to the effect returns. Presto wide spread stereo mix with no amp weirdness. Running stereo on the same basic drive or gain tone buys you nothing but stereo modulation, delay or reverb, oh yeah.
You can split amps on a stereo pedal but sometimes you get phasing problems and ground weirdness hence the better ABY's they have these days.
There stereo split amp loops is marvelous, used it many times. Have stereo loop going right now on my rig.

I am not sure what the deal is with the TRS thing. Is that a line made to be split or is it a real balanced low impedance feed? Mixing the two impedance levels will not do will. Instrument pedal level is typically -3db lower than line level.

Using switcher bypass pedals mainly helps controlling a large chain if it has programming like the Carl Martin and others. Unless you have a large chain of pedals with buffers cascading into each other then the looper bypass can get all those out of line. If most are bypass pedals, you gain nothing with a looper as one single buffer more up front lifts the loading signal degrade from everything following it. Chances are the stereo pedal might be buffer circuit pedals so that is just going to help in the amp loop.

Last edited by darkhorse; 27th February 2015 at 09:34 AM..
Old 3rd March 2015
  #1787
Gear Maniac
 
macmurphy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Thanks man. No way I could tell what most of these were, Plus you have a different chain thing going on, which is what I like to read about, seems like hand picked worked through pedal choices.
i was methodical when it came to pedals. i wanted to be able to go from mellow to utterly crazy quickly. i also wanted to keep it as analogue as possible - i've been focussed on computer music for the past fourteen years so i've nothing against digital, but with guitars... hmm. i like the sound of tubes i'm lucky that i live in a detached house so i can go very loud.
one of the simple things i love about the bmp (i/o unit) is the the bypass switch. a decent sound needs to start at the amp (without going in to guitars,technique etc).
sorry it's taken a while to reply - been wrestling with ongoing illness.
Old 3rd March 2015
  #1788
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmurphy View Post
i was methodical when it came to pedals. i wanted to be able to go from mellow to utterly crazy quickly. i also wanted to keep it as analogue as possible - i've been focussed on computer music for the past fourteen years so i've nothing against digital, but with guitars... hmm. i like the sound of tubes i'm lucky that i live in a detached house so i can go very loud.
one of the simple things i love about the bmp (i/o unit) is the the bypass switch. a decent sound needs to start at the amp (without going in to guitars,technique etc).
sorry it's taken a while to reply - been wrestling with ongoing illness.
Music always helps heal me and keep me going.
I am the same way with pedals I require they have diverse qualities and stack combine as much as possible for further options. Pedals are all about tone options for me and I do not mind running a bunch of them.

I just got another all tube guitar amp after trying various experiments with better non tube systems. I have been running a analog rig with the Tech21 PSA 1.1 as my preamp which has done quite well. I liked it much better than my trials and tribulations with amp modeling. I was tempted to try an Eleven Rack but my POD rash kept coming back.
I finally dropped the dime on a new Egnater Vengeance head which has the range of cleans to uber gain I like. Seems a marvelous amp and everyone loves it. Has so many tweaking options and more hand wired with heavy duty transformers, external easy adjust bias contacts and pots. Can handle any type of power tubes you want to try. Looking forward to seeing what drives it likes out of my collection. I am fond of my Egnater pedals so that should be a heavenly match. For $1000 bucks the build, quality and options on the Egnater are silly good. Dr. Bruce has it going on. Still think that Goldsmith pedal is the most beautiful pedal on the planet and sounds so amp like.
Old 4th March 2015
  #1789
Lives for gear
Satchurator through a Boss Flanger or Phaser into a Peavey 6505+ is all you ever need for recording heavy rhythms. Boss Noise Reduction pedal in the effects loop takes out the hiss and also smooths the highs a little.

I also like the MXR Phase 100 in the effects loop of a Randall RH-100 head with Mesa 2x12 cab. Decimator II Noise Reduction also in the effects loop cuts any hiss but still lets the highs shine through unlike the Boss Noise Reduction.

https://soundcloud.com/jon-michael-r...-custom-crunch

I do the delay effects later ITB.
Old 6th March 2015
  #1790
Lives for gear
Looks like I am back to square one on my board repicking from my collection of drives to what works well with my new tube head.
God I love the half stack. It's not that you "need" anything outside a boost or OD but it's nice having options and stacking compatible drives can be rather interesting.
I love pedals myself. They just expand the horizons of the guitar.
If I had to just pick one pedal, it would still be my Wampler Compressor, just a versatile bugger that thickens and enhances the sound.
Digging the JRAD Archer (Klon) but it likes hitting other drives or after them.
Seriously got my eye on the Boiling Point OD, anyone using one of those?
Old 6th March 2015
  #1791
Lives for gear
 
Inca's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Looks like I am back to square one on my board repicking from my collection of drives to what works well with my new tube head.
God I love the half stack. It's not that you "need" anything outside a boost or OD but it's nice having options and stacking compatible drives can be rather interesting.
I love pedals myself. They just expand the horizons of the guitar.
If I had to just pick one pedal, it would still be my Wampler Compressor, just a versatile bugger that thickens and enhances the sound.
Digging the JRAD Archer (Klon) but it likes hitting other drives or after them.
Seriously got my eye on the Boiling Point OD, anyone using one of those?
Hey Darkhorse,

Are you still leaving your EGO on all of the time, or are you finding you are using it differently? I love mine too. I also think I might pick up that new Plexi pedal. That would go really nice with my Blackface 65. I just got the Fulltone 3 drive and it's really versatile, but I'm still trying to configure it to my setup.

Pedals are our paints!
Old 7th March 2015
  #1792
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
Cool. The thing that is really impressive about the AMT preamps is, if you run them into the power section of the equivalent amp (ie: V1 into the fx return of an AC-30 and P2 into a 5150), you achieve a practically indistinguishable sound and feel. A/B with the onboard preamp is an eye opener for how good a solid state preamp can be. That exercise made me feel pretty confident taking the preamp into other amps ... while not 100% like the source amp because of the power amp differences, I feel it's not going to get any closer with any other solution.
First gig with the V1 last night, and had the best sound i've had in like forever! My mate from work who is a guitarist even commented on it, said everything was clear and articulate but heavy where required!

This was basically the V1 last in the chain, gain at 9.30, level at 2pm, master at 2pm, low at 2, high at noon... into my Blackstar HT-60 Stage FX Return.

Really happy with this setup!! The Xotic SL Drive and EP Booster especially through the V1 were just awesome.

Although the irony being I had my own amp there anyway last night!
Old 7th March 2015
  #1793
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Hey Darkhorse,

Are you still leaving your EGO on all of the time, or are you finding you are using it differently? I love mine too. I also think I might pick up that new Plexi pedal. That would go really nice with my Blackface 65. I just got the Fulltone 3 drive and it's really versatile, but I'm still trying to configure it to my setup.

Pedals are our paints!
Yeah, when I get everything tweaked in and the stacking options working. The Compressor stays on all the time. I have a 12:00-1:00 mid compression level and the same for attack, my blend is about 9:00.
In this manner the compression/sustain effect is more subtle and when using high gains I do not get too much compression. It just tends to thicken and enhance the overall tone sort of like a clean boost just above unity level.
I do not like overt compression and I do not play anything close to country style picking. Remains one of my fav pedals of all time and still my "only pick one" choice. My Archer Klon loves it as does anything else it hits.

I just got a new wattage tube head as I just crave that tone so much, just love a half stack, sort of a staple for me. Still working out which drives I have that fit the new amp. The new Wampler Plexi Deluxe is a no doubt killer. I have the std one but the Deluxe promises more EQ control and better ability on the cleaner side of the pedal which interests me more than a lot of gain, although the new Deluxe burns and it has a TS type boost circuit on the front end.
Can't go wrong with Wampler. I am bringing my Ecstasy back out to see how it does with the new amp.

Last edited by darkhorse; 7th March 2015 at 11:20 AM..
Old 7th March 2015
  #1794
Gear Maniac
 
macmurphy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Music always helps heal me and keep me going.
yep. i recently lost both parents in quick succession and have no family at all for support. on top of that i've been very sick since i was about twenty three (i'm forty one now). i would not be here without music.

anyway, heavy **** out the way.. back to pedals..
Old 8th March 2015
  #1795
Lives for gear
 
Inca's Avatar
 

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Yeah, when I get everything tweaked in and the stacking options working. The Compressor stays on all the time. I have a 12:00-1:00 mid compression level and the same for attack, my blend is about 9:00.
In this manner the compression/sustain effect is more subtle and when using high gains I do not get too much compression. It just tends to thicken and enhance the overall tone sort of like a clean boost just above unity level.
I do not like overt compression and I do not play anything close to country style picking. Remains one of my fav pedals of all time and still my "only pick one" choice. My Archer Klon loves it as does anything else it hits.

I just got a new wattage tube head as I just crave that tone so much, just love a half stack, sort of a staple for me. Still working out which drives I have that fit the new amp. The new Wampler Plexi Deluxe is a no doubt killer. I have the std one but the Deluxe promises more EQ control and better ability on the cleaner side of the pedal which interests me more than a lot of gain, although the new Deluxe burns and it has a TS type boost circuit on the front end.
Can't go wrong with Wampler. I am bringing my Ecstasy back out to see how it does with the new amp.

Nice Darkhorse! Yeah, I pretty much keep the Wampler on at all times. Love that pedal. I love the Wampler stuff in general. I think I just might have to pick up taht Plexi Deluxe. Check out the Blacface 65 too. I have that pedal and love it.
Old 8th March 2015
  #1796
Lives for gear
 
Joe_K's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
First gig with the V1 last night, and had the best sound i've had in like forever!
Cool. Now have you tried the Channel Send and Channel Return feature of the V1 to put your M1 preamp into a switchable mode with the V1? That's a really cool feature only on the V1/F1. Useful if you want one more preamp option without going through a bypass looper or making multiple stomps. I've done rehearsals in the past just by bringing along the V1 and one of the other preamps that way.

Glad you are liking your next AMT. Be careful, they are addictive!
Old 9th March 2015
  #1797
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
Nice Darkhorse! Yeah, I pretty much keep the Wampler on at all times. Love that pedal. I love the Wampler stuff in general. I think I just might have to pick up taht Plexi Deluxe. Check out the Blacface 65 too. I have that pedal and love it.
Brian's amp in a box, non model analog pedals are just great.
I love my Pinnacle Deluxe but I do not do the EVH thing with it. I've wanted the Triple Wreck for ages, his high gains are so articulate and responsive.
I have to say, of the way too many pedals I get, Wampler by far has been the least disappointing and remained useful and versatile after the newness wore off. Brian just makes such a range of adjust in his pedals which really adds to their musical usefulness.

I just got a new amp head and I am still paying off my Guitar synth so I have to keep things low before my wife kills me. If Wampler has a pedal I need or want they are first up in my book. I am having to retest all my drives with the new amp so I have no idea what will be the picks but the trusty Compressor is there to stay. It has the qualities of a transparent clean boost but the added compressor qualities just make it a great enhancement. Never had anything thicken and enhance the overall sound so well. And you cannot often tell it is on unless you kick it off and miss what it does.
Keeley just came out with a new bad ass deluxe compressor model that resembles a Cali but still no blend mix of the straight sound, which makes the Wampler work for me.
Old 9th March 2015
  #1798
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
Cool. Now have you tried the Channel Send and Channel Return feature of the V1 to put your M1 preamp into a switchable mode with the V1? That's a really cool feature only on the V1/F1. Useful if you want one more preamp option without going through a bypass looper or making multiple stomps. I've done rehearsals in the past just by bringing along the V1 and one of the other preamps that way.

Glad you are liking your next AMT. Be careful, they are addictive!

Have you guys seen the real tube preamp pedals these cats make? Wow, nice really high voltage designs.
Old 10th March 2015
  #1799
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Have you guys seen the real tube preamp pedals these cats make? Wow, nice really high voltage designs.
Indeed! The SS11A is really something!

I also really want to check out their Stonehead compact 4 channel amp (based on the JFET emulation tech in the Legend series)

It sounds sweet here (although Ola Englund can make anything sound great!):-


This video gives a better idea of how flexible it is and how SMALL it is! And is less metal oriented...
Old 10th March 2015
  #1800
Lives for gear
 
Inca's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Brian's amp in a box, non model analog pedals are just great.
I love my Pinnacle Deluxe but I do not do the EVH thing with it. I've wanted the Triple Wreck for ages, his high gains are so articulate and responsive.
I have to say, of the way too many pedals I get, Wampler by far has been the least disappointing and remained useful and versatile after the newness wore off. Brian just makes such a range of adjust in his pedals which really adds to their musical usefulness.

I just got a new amp head and I am still paying off my Guitar synth so I have to keep things low before my wife kills me. If Wampler has a pedal I need or want they are first up in my book. I am having to retest all my drives with the new amp so I have no idea what will be the picks but the trusty Compressor is there to stay. It has the qualities of a transparent clean boost but the added compressor qualities just make it a great enhancement. Never had anything thicken and enhance the overall sound so well. And you cannot often tell it is on unless you kick it off and miss what it does.
Keeley just came out with a new bad ass deluxe compressor model that resembles a Cali but still no blend mix of the straight sound, which makes the Wampler work for me.
Yep, the Wampler stuff is addicting. I could seriously see myself getting a whole board full of wampler and being happy as can be. His stuff is that good. Keep the wife happy and keep the pedals flowing. Luckily for me, my wife is a musician too. lol. My addiction is her addiction.

Off topic, do you have any good recommendations where I should get all new electronics for my Les Paul. I have a 57 pickup and a Duncan PAF, I just need to replace all the pots, the toggle and input. They guy that had it before me kind of did a hack job on the install and I just ripped it all out and want to give it a fresh start.

I saw Stem Mac had some good kits, but if you know anywhere else. That would be great.

Thanks.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
guru007 / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4
Blast9 / So much gear, so little time
1
Trancetones / So much gear, so little time
3
shikawkee / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
11

Forum Jump
Forum Jump