The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
I do wish you cats would give us a clue on the pedal names and chain, I would like to know what some of these are as I just cannot tell.
Great board. What is that interesting red one on the upper right?
Hey Thx! It's a Spaceman Sputnik germanium fuzz. Great pedal. Impeccable build quality.
Old 7th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks. I am not that up on Boss these days. So can it do like a volume swell effect? That can be interesting.
It's kinda an automated violin swell effect.

It's actually a very old pedal - one of the first Boss pedals - and now quite rare and valuable.
Old 8th September 2014
Lives for gear

Well, I've gone off the deep end a bit. My new rig:

Old 8th September 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Do most of you guys not mind longer pedal patch cables if you can hide them under the board? I tend to make my own short as possible soldered patches but I notice many like hiding them and running longer ones. I suppose with good buffer here and there it does not matter a lot.
I try to make them as short as possible between pedals for less cable but also to neaten things up; I use George L's so changing lengths involves a pair of scissors and that's it. I've never had a failure during a show or practice in over 10 years.

For my power cables, they do run between the pedalboard and case (put my pedalboard upside down in the case to make it easier to show up and flip one side off) and are standard Voodoo Lab cables; no need to get custom lengths. But with holes drilled in the pedalboard, it's a lot neater up above and keeps power away from audio cables.
Old 9th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
I try to make them as short as possible between pedals for less cable but also to neaten things up; I use George L's so changing lengths involves a pair of scissors and that's it. I've never had a failure during a show or practice in over 10 years.

For my power cables, they do run between the pedalboard and case (put my pedalboard upside down in the case to make it easier to show up and flip one side off) and are standard Voodoo Lab cables; no need to get custom lengths. But with holes drilled in the pedalboard, it's a lot neater up above and keeps power away from audio cables.
Good to hear about the George L's - I just switched over this week after a surprise no-effects gig a couple of weeks ago - that was kind of fun, except for the surprise part.

I've also been considering drilling in my pedal board, but was a little scared - more good news
Old 9th September 2014
Gear Maniac
Finished my minimalist board last night...

Tuner
Arc Effects Klone 2 Clean Boost
Wampler Dual Fusion / Simble Overdrive (Swapped in and out).
Eventide H9 (Usually for Delay).

Smyth & Stange 24" Modular Pedal Board

Old 9th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
Well, I've gone off the deep end a bit. My new rig:

Ha! Makes sense for covers!
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Just reconfigured both of my PT minis (new loaded H9 and a noir Polytune mini soon to be powered by the Cioks Adam which fits nicely underneath these boards)
Still deciding/shopping for complementary pedals for my main board.

Been looking for a Klon or a clone and finally decided to go for a Rockett Pedals Archer (Klon clone), preordered it lastnite for delivery next month.

Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritShooter View Post

Tuner

A perfect choice of a few great pedals. I envy the restraint.
Been looking at that H9 myself. Dig Eventide myself. So much you can load into those units with just what you like from the complete box units. I guess if you want more harmonizer stuff you have to have one upfront and other stuff at the end of chain or loop preferably.
Old 14th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritShooter View Post

Tuner

That looks great!
Old 15th September 2014
Lives for gear
Any one notice the Klon gets rather thin sounding at high gains and the bass enhance in the PCE and Arc really help on higher gain setting? Don't really notice it much on the lower cleaner settings but high gain is rather significant.
Tis a nice drive but far from what I would consider "transparent".
Old 17th September 2014
Here for the gear

here's my pedalboard! I use it with a Marshall JVM410

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...32e72ff0348336
Old 18th September 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelloii View Post
here's my pedalboard! I use it with a Marshall JVM410

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...32e72ff0348336
It's easy to post a photo just put the URL in the yellow image tab.

Dig the Eventide set.
Old 30th September 2014
Lives for gear

Just received the T2 and AE2 from PGS today
Really dig these 2 new cool pedals, pretty easy to dial in great sounding settings.

So here is my new compact board
Old 30th September 2014
Lives for gear
Anyone tried the new Egnater pedals yet?
I just got the Goldsmith. Silversmith, and Black Metal not only are these puppies amazing sounding and versatile optioned they are the best looking pedals I have ever seen. The Goldsmith is a work of art with the brush/shiny gold and black brushed trim and shadowing. Pictures do not do them justice. I cannot seem to get a good pic of it from the flash and shine of the gold.

Silversmith due to arrive in a couple days will shoot the new board. Pulled off a bunch of stuff for the reserve shelf just decided to change my whole drive and gain section. These Egnater's are only $200 right now. The G and S are two pedals in one and the EQ adjust options are numerous.
Hard to get the picture to capture the gold finish. If you get chance check them out, very well made, amazing finish and killer tones.

Pedal review of new Egnater Goldsmith:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/revi...ost-pedal.html[IMG]
Old 2nd October 2014
Lives for gear
Update 2015 pedalboard changes

Darkhorse 2015 pedalboard:
Wampler Ego Compressor >>
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Gold limited version >>
Digitech Whammy V >>
Fulltone MDV3 Vibe >>
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe >>
Egnater Goldsmith OD/Boost >>
Egnater Silversmith Dist/Boost >>
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe >>
MXR EVH Phase 90 >>
Egnater Black Metal Dist >>

STEREO Loop:
tc electronic X4 delay >>
Digitech Hardwire Supernatural ambient reverb >>
(midi mouse-midi controller, preamp presets)

Trimmed number of pedals down for this refit. Pulled several drives and went with the new Egnater pedals as a core drive/gain section. The Goldsmith and Silversmith are dual individual pedals so there are 2 programmable boosts in the chain. The new Egnater's are very good and versatile tone pedals. I pulled several 'name' ODs off the board as just overkill with these puppies. They are only $200 right now, will be $300 after the introduction period. Best buy I have encountered in some time. The looks and tones are just outstanding.
Old 3rd October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

[I]Trimmed number of pedals down for this refit. ...
awesome - I know that feel - how many power supplies is that? You kept the Pinnacle - do you ever have that in series with one of the Egnaters?
Old 3rd October 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by antichef View Post
awesome - I know that feel - how many power supplies is that? You kept the Pinnacle - do you ever have that in series with one of the Egnaters?
I have two VoodooLab Plus bricks as well as a power strip for a couple high v/mA pedals the bricks cannot do, everything runs off a Furman master power unit. Right now I have plenty of extra ports as I pulled off several pedals so I have plenty of room for expansion.

The Pinnacle survives because it just has that tone for me every time you hit it. I do not do the EVH brown sound thing, for me it is somewhere latter Pagey & Satriani with articulation and feel. I use mine on the vintage mode which is somewhat darker.
The Egnater boost and overdrive sides respond well to the Pinnacle and anything else they hit. Moved the Pinnacle after the Gold and Silversmith to get both boosts and the OD into it. Just did not like trying to use a boost after the higher gains. The distortion voicing on the Silversmith is excellent very amp like sounding and feel. The Pinnacle is just different.

(Web site is working on fixing some bugs on the new version which has some thread header issues and URL naming bugs. Probably Monday till someone can get in there and offer a fix. The last twp reviews just show up "Egnater" on the page headers.)
Goldsmith Overdrive/Boost
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/revi...ost-pedal.html
(seriously the best looking pedal, ever!)

Silversmith Distortion/Boost
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/revi...8-egnater.html

Black Metal Distortion
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/revi...0-egnater.html
Old 7th October 2014
Quote:
It's easy to post a photo just put the URL in the yellow image tab.

Dig the Eventide set.
Slash wah is killer.
Old 8th October 2014
Lives for gear
I do wish you chaps would give us a clue on the chain and the names of stuff, sort of why I like looking at boards to see the different ways of routing stuff. Sure we can recognize Eventide and others but how you are using them is a mystery. Secrets???
Old 11th October 2014
Lives for gear

Been reconfig my mini boards
Rear PTmini: mod/dly/rev/looper thru amp fx loop
Front PTmini: tuner/comp/ODs direct input
Using iPad to control the H9's. I'm wrapped with the H9's (don't need to purchase the algos for the 2nd H9(Core) as it loads all the algos from the other). Pristine sounding and very flexible units.
Experiencing some noise with the older/Boss pedals, working out their best position in the chain. Will rectify in due course. Pricey Lego parts/blocks....lol

Old 11th October 2014
Lives for gear
Nice. I am loving those H9 units, pondering that for my next adventure.
Back loop line is state of the art.
Issue might be too many class B buffers cascading on the Boss front end stuff. I know some love Boss and seems like most of us started with them but there are much better units. Easy to lift the loading off a bunch of bypass pedals via one good buffer but having a whole bunch of buffers cascading into each other can build a noise floor and mess with the guitars dynamics. Just saying.
Old 11th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post
Been reconfig my mini boards
Rear PTmini: mod/dly/rev/looper thru amp fx loop
Front PTmini: tuner/comp/ODs direct input
Using iPad to control the H9's. I'm wrapped with the H9's (don't need to purchase the algos for the 2nd H9(Core) as it loads all the algos from the other). Pristine sounding and very flexible units.
Experiencing some noise with the older/Boss pedals, working out their best position in the chain. Will rectify in due course. Pricey Lego parts/blocks....lol

I can see two H9s either next to each other, or one before and one after the amp, as being very powerful indeed. I purchased one since my last pedal board post and it immediately found a home among both my large and small pedal board.

You might want to try a MIDI controller. Hooked up to the Mobius and the two H9s, it'll make switching a breeze (I dislike directly stomping on either the Mobius or the H9s during a gig, I was having to be very precise and careful just banking the pedals).
Old 11th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice. I am loving those H9 units, pondering that for my next adventure.
Back loop line is state of the art.
Issue might be too many class B buffers cascading on the Boss front end stuff. I know some love Boss and seems like most of us started with them but there are much better units. Easy to lift the loading off a bunch of bypass pedals via one good buffer but having a whole bunch of buffers cascading into each other can build a noise floor and mess with the guitars dynamics. Just saying.
Yep! Dead right
Issues with too many buffers. Just testing out the various OD's to decide which I'm gonna keep on the board. Can't wait to get the Rockett Archer which is in the post. So far there has been very good reports from seasoned original Klone users who have tested it. I held back from getting a KTR or the other clones because of their large footprint.
Lots of testing/experimenting ahead to assemble the best options/chain.
Old 11th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
I can see two H9s either next to each other, or one before and one after the amp, as being very powerful indeed. I purchased one since my last pedal board post and it immediately found a home among both my large and small pedal board.

You might want to try a MIDI controller. Hooked up to the Mobius and the two H9s, it'll make switching a breeze (I dislike directly stomping on either the Mobius or the H9s during a gig, I was having to be very precise and careful just banking the pedals).
Yes, I'm working towards a midi system on my PT2 board that can accommodate all the options/flexibilities it offers. I'm just finalising the final cut for my mini boards that can be reconfigured in minutes when I want it take it to a jam/gig.
The main board is my next project for ambient stuff. I think I've got the main Lego bricks, just got to get the right connecting parts to assemble that thing(?) I'm building ....lol
Old 14th October 2014
Lives for gear
Heard good things about Rocket pedals. I have a nice Klon clone but it is on the reserve shelf right now. Since I started using the Egnater pedals I just need a less arsenal of drives. The Klon as a notable great buffer circuit, the old one was an always on thing but so much better than Boss. I found the Klon buffer one of a few that was just notably better when in there, although I was running a bunch of bypass pedals.
The KTR is switchable with a bypass.buffer option made by Cochran for Finnegan. As Finnegan states he thinks the buffer is better "always". Two of my Egnater's are not true bypass but everything else is, provides the right buffer deal for the rig. They have a really nice high end op amp buffer circuit. Loving those pedals so far. I pulled a bunch of drives off when I added those, everything was just getting in the way. I have tried adding one back in on the patch in/out jacks but so far just nothing makes for a better sound than just the tweaked in Egnater's.
Not a fan of Boss myself, sort of moved on to more boutique interesting stuff, nothing wrong with several of them although I do think a chain of all those buffers screws things up. One or two buffers seems to be the right amount.

I am pretty set on overdrives, thinking about changing my Vibe or something else.
Old 15th October 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
I'm primarily a bass player, so here's the assortment of stomp-o-stuff I've been using for bass lately:
Since I've added a couple of new toys, mounted it all on a Pedaltrain board, and (most importantly) switched to a different image hosting account, I'll post an update:

But I'm still a bass player...

edit:
Quote:
I do wish you chaps would give us a clue on the chain and the names of stuff, sort of why I like looking at boards to see the different ways of routing stuff. Sure we can recognize Eventide and others but how you are using them is a mystery. Secrets???
Ah, sorry. Okay, bass plugs into the BOSS power supply/loop selector thingie (red box in upper left, I forget the model #)
The main output of that feeds the (3) Ibanez stompboxes next to it, in series from right to left: TS9 Tube Screamer (distortion), AF9 AutoFilter, and CS9 Chorus. fwiw, the 9Vdc output of the BOSS also powers those (3) Ibanez boxes; the BOSS, like all the other low-voltage boxes in the rig, are powered by a big Voodoo Labs brick mounted underneath the Pedaltrain.
The loop send/return of the BOSS feeds the Korg G5 Synth Bass Processor (big silver thing in front right corner). This allows me to completely bypass the Korg G5 via the BOSS footswitch, rather than using the G5's bypass function which is hellaciously un-transparent. When the G5 is in the circuit it proceeds all the Ibanez boxes.
Output of the CS9 feeds a cheesey Morley volume pedal.
Output of the volume pedal feed a Loop-Master Effect Order Switcher™ (the grey DIY-looking box in the upper left corner). Send/Return #1 of this feeds the Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delay Reissue (front center), which then feeds the original vintage Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delay (front left corner). Send/Return #2 of the Loop-Master feeds the tc electronic Ditto Looper. This allows me to create loops in either or both of the E-H 16sec DDLs and dump them into the Ditto, then dump them back into the E-H chain for further mangling. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Main output of the Loop-Master goes to the amp or DI.
Old 16th October 2014
Gear Head

Old 17th October 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Since I've added a couple of new toys, mounted it all on a Pedaltrain board, and (most importantly) switched to a different image hosting account, I'll post an update:

But I'm still a bass player...

edit:

Ah, sorry. Okay, bass plugs into the BOSS power supply/loop selector thingie (red box in upper left, I forget the model #)
The main output of that feeds the (3) Ibanez stompboxes next to it, in series from right to left: TS9 Tube Screamer (distortion), AF9 AutoFilter, and CS9 Chorus. fwiw, the 9Vdc output of the BOSS also powers those (3) Ibanez boxes; the BOSS, like all the other low-voltage boxes in the rig, are powered by a big Voodoo Labs brick mounted underneath the Pedaltrain.
The loop send/return of the BOSS feeds the Korg G5 Synth Bass Processor (big silver thing in front right corner). This allows me to completely bypass the Korg G5 via the BOSS footswitch, rather than using the G5's bypass function which is hellaciously un-transparent. When the G5 is in the circuit it proceeds all the Ibanez boxes.
Output of the CS9 feeds a cheesey Morley volume pedal.
Output of the volume pedal feed a Loop-Master Effect Order Switcher™ (the grey DIY-looking box in the upper left corner). Send/Return #1 of this feeds the Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delay Reissue (front center), which then feeds the original vintage Electro-Harmonix 16 Second Digital Delay (front left corner). Send/Return #2 of the Loop-Master feeds the tc electronic Ditto Looper. This allows me to create loops in either or both of the E-H 16sec DDLs and dump them into the Ditto, then dump them back into the E-H chain for further mangling. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Main output of the Loop-Master goes to the amp or DI.
Thanks, no way to figure all that out just looking.
Old 17th October 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkm View Post
How you like that Cali? Seems like a wicked compressor.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search