The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
I have about half of my most commonly used pedals on this board:

Dig a lot of this

You should check out the Pigtronix Echolution 2. I'd bet you'd like the sound and the unique approach it takes.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Nut

I am Sir Devoid of Pedals...at your Cervix.

My gig pedal rig has not changed much since 1980... A Morley Wah and a Dynacomp, played thru my 210-75 Musicman RP...
I use the amps on board reverb and the phaser but the phaser has to be kept in sequence with the rest of the band...if not, I get caned like that American boy in Singapore a few years back.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke17 View Post
I am Sir Devoid of Pedals...at your Cervix.

My gig pedal rig has not changed much since 1980... A Morley Wah and a Dynacomp, played thru my 210-75 Musicman RP...
I use the amps on board reverb and the phaser but the phaser has to be kept in sequence with the rest of the band...if not, I get caned like that American boy in Singapore a few years back.
As a fellow old guy, I'm not sure which shows your age more...the fact that you haven't changed your rig in 35 years or the fact that you refer to an event that happened 20 years ago as "a few years back"
Old 8th August 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
As a fellow old guy, I'm not sure which shows your age more...the fact that you haven't changed your rig in 35 years or the fact that you refer to an event that happened 20 years ago as "a few years back"
Wow, that was 20 years ago???
Time flies when your having a good time...
Old 9th August 2014
Gear Maniac

my simple set up...

1. Korg Pitchblack tuner
2. Boss GE-7
3. Lovepedal Amp Eleven
4. Xotic Ep Booster
5. E.W.S. Modified Arion Chorus
6. Strymon El Capistan
7. Fulltone Supa Trem
8. Pedal Power 2
9. Lava Cable
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board.jpg  
Old 12th August 2014
Gear Head

My Pedalboard

Just added a new piece to my pedalboard. I run it through the effects loop on my Vox. Guitar is a ASAT Classic w/Seymour Duncan 52 Alnico's.

Pedal order:
1. Boss tuner input
2. Wampler EGO Compressor
3. Vox amp input
3. Vox FX out to: Eventide Pitchfactor
4. Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
5. Analog Man Mini Chorus
6. Analog Man ARDX20 Analog Delay
7. Analog Man King of Tone (w/high gain right side)
8. Vox FX return

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalbd.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-rig.jpg  
Old 12th August 2014
Lives for gear
Overdrives in the amp loop?
Does that work? They are pretty much designed for amp in. Wah as well, it's a filter. Fascinating thread often leaves me thinking.
Old 12th August 2014
Gear Head

My Pedalboard

Yep it works great.... I've tried various pedal orders and found that rules are made to be "bent". With the KOT in the fx loop I get the amp's preamp section's tone running into the overdrive. When engaged, it hits the main amp section and sounds killer !!

Randy
Old 12th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoneymoproblem View Post
Dig a lot of this

You should check out the Pigtronix Echolution 2. I'd bet you'd like the sound and the unique approach it takes.
Thx! Yeah, the E2 does look cool.
Old 13th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegerm View Post
Yep it works great.... I've tried various pedal orders and found that rules are made to be "bent". With the KOT in the fx loop I get the amp's preamp section's tone running into the overdrive. When engaged, it hits the main amp section and sounds killer !!

Randy
Interesting. I do not know of a pedal maker or anyone for that matter that would recommend the amp loop on a drive. Sort of made to over drive the preamp stage.
Rather amazing the pedal can handle the preamp signal usually it can't. A pedal of that type is not able to drive a power amp feed.
Love to have one of those KOTs wait time was like 9 mos last time I looked. You can get a Prince in a couple weeks but those are made in China.
Old 14th August 2014
Gear Head

My live setup, however this is being reduced in size when I receive the new midi controller.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20140719_204614.jpg  
Old 14th August 2014
Lives for gear
Current version of my pedalboard:

Missing from the board but should be on is the Xotic EP Booster, after the Keeley Compressor and before the Shiba Drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-ned_pedals.jpg  
Old 14th August 2014
Gear Addict

EHX b9 came out and had a ripple effect thru my board. Booted the Organizer, but there wasn't space so go a new compressor that was smaller.

But then things were still hanging off and I was trying to find something smaller for a mixer.

Then I had enough space for a mini pedal!

arrrrr

anyway

good now.

Twin Mix
Regular guitar can go in either input, but I also sometimes play accordion and an Italia Mondial II that has humbuckers and a piezo, so this is the mixer.
>
Giggity
EQ, mild compression
>
EHX B9
Organ Simulator
>
Moog MF Drive
Very versatile pedal but I use as a medium to higher gain OD, also the filter can be controlled by expression pedal so can be used like a dirty wah.
>
Subdecay Liquid Sunshine
Also a pretty mild OD. For solos. Half the time, essentially use it as a boost.
>
Strymon El Capistan
Tape delay sim extraordinaire
>
Hardwire TR-7
Tremolo, rotary, vibe. I also have a Zvex trem pedal, but I couldn't get it to fit neatly. Hardwire is 90% of the trem sound I want, but it is so versatile, its come on and off the board, but I think I'm resolved to keep it.
>
EHX Soul Food
I run as a very mild OD. Basically my mild crunch channel
>
Malekko Spring
Most of my amps have reverb but, this is for extra reverb. Keep the amps reverb adjusted from zero in a big room to just a little. It sounds pretty good. Not my top favorite spring emulation pedal, but ...it fit.
>
Zoom CDR
More Delay, more Reverb and all kinds of modulation fx. Is also a tuner. The 'everything else' pedal.
>
MXR m87 Bass Compressor
Using more as a limiter really, set to only compress when I really dig in with either the Moog or the Liquid Sunshine on. Set so it wont even compress when I hit really hard otherwise. Has an led which is a nice visual reminder, especially if you are playing somewhere with bad sound and can't trust your ears that you've cranked up too much further up the chain. Compressor is another thing, like the Giggity I keep going back and forth about whether first or last.
>
Amp

All powered by one VoodooLab Pedal Power Digital mounted under the board. That took me a minute to sort out. These are all 9v, but the Strymon and Zoom are hungry for mAs. The Digital lets me daisy all but those. The third independent line goes to the EHX b9 just because it seems like it should be power hungry...tho I never really looked at the specs.
Gear Head

Those Keeley compressors are sweet, I went thru a lot of compressor pedals before I found my Keeley.
Old 18th August 2014
Gear Addict

Upside down pic from a recent show.

Chain is:

Diamond Compressor
> Lehle D loop >

Loop 1: (Fuzz/boost)
> BYOC Tonebender MKII
> Analog.man Sunface NKT275
> Fulltone Octafuzz
> Analog.man Beano Boost

Loop 2: (Modulation)
> Ibanez PT707
> Fulltone Choralflange

Then out of the Lehle to
> Analog.man ARDX20 analog delay w/amaze0

> TC Polytune

The comp and delay are always on. Subtle compression and a barely audible slapback on the ARDX20.

With the Lehle, I can switch different combos of fuzz/boost and modulation in and out. The Lehle also has a clean boost which I use occasionally for a more transparent boost than the rangemaster.

With this setup I get sparkly cleans and classic/crazy fuzz tones. For OD tones, which I rarely use, I rely on driving my amp's (Magnatone 260A) front end with either the Beano or the Lehle boost. The little grey switch is for turning on the pitch shifting vibrato of my Magnatone.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-image_9184.jpg  
Old 19th August 2014
Gear Head

I have a big ass powered board, which hasn't been brought out in years. I have a bunch of high end pedals, but I find myself using none of them, most of the time. I my hook my Barber Tone Press and OCD once in a while, but I'm mostly no pedals, these days
Old 21st August 2014
Lives for gear

Mine doesn't change all that often. I have tons of pedals, but my board is pretty basic and non-boutique. Only cool thing is the wireless power supply.

Old 21st August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
my board is pretty basic and non-boutique. Only cool thing is the wireless power supply.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Klon smack dab in the middle of that board?
Old 21st August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Mine doesn't change all that often. I have tons of pedals, but my board is pretty basic and non-boutique. Only cool thing is the wireless power supply.

Klon and Slow Gear. Nice

Plus Maxon is always a wonderful choice.
Old 22nd August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Klon smack dab in the middle of that board?
I guess those are considered fancy now. I used to work in a store that sold them in 94ish-98ish.
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_20140903_181035.jpg
here's my most recent revision - only been using pedals for the last couple years. The moog is not true bypass - hence the bypass pedal to the left of it.
Old 4th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antichef View Post
Attachment 417598
here's my most recent revision - only been using pedals for the last couple years. The moog is not true bypass - hence the bypass pedal to the left of it.
Was the Moog buffer that bad?
Old 4th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Was the Moog buffer that bad?
can't say it sounds bad, but the 'drive' knob is never disengaged - sort of like having a bonus overdrive pedal that you can't turn off - more than just a buffer (I think - or maybe just a fancy buffer with a level adjustment). Anyway more of a philosophy/confidence issue than a sound issue, although it definitely affects the sound.
Old 4th September 2014
Here for the gear

Sadly I'm only using the tuner pedal through the ac15c1
Old 5th September 2014
Lives for gear
What is the "Slow Gear" is that some sort of lower octave thing?

Klon not boutique, that was a coffee laugh of the morning. I suppose it is a price thing but most regard it is a grail pedal. Happy to have my clone for a fraction which has the "magic diodes".

Say Klon users, is it true the tone on the Centaur is 12:00 flat and plus or minus boosts or cuts treble??? I never thought about it much but been reading it is such.
Old 6th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antichef View Post
can't say it sounds bad, but the 'drive' knob is never disengaged - sort of like having a bonus overdrive pedal that you can't turn off - more than just a buffer (I think - or maybe just a fancy buffer with a level adjustment). Anyway more of a philosophy/confidence issue than a sound issue, although it definitely affects the sound.
Ahh I see.

I'm actually - considering many folks pay to add buffers to their boards I'm kinda less than concerned about true bypass as long as it all sounds amazing at the end.
Old 6th September 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
What is the "Slow Gear" is that some sort of lower octave thing?

Klon not boutique, that was a coffee laugh of the morning. I suppose it is a price thing but most regard it is a grail pedal. Happy to have my clone for a fraction which has the "magic diodes".

Say Klon users, is it true the tone on the Centaur is 12:00 flat and plus or minus boosts or cuts treble??? I never thought about it much but been reading it is such.
Slow Gear: Boss - SG-1 - Slow Gear - SG1 - YouTube

It's kinda a volume envelope pedal.
Old 6th September 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Slow Gear: Boss - SG-1 - Slow Gear - SG1 - YouTube

It's kinda a volume envelope pedal.
Thanks. I am not that up on Boss these days. So can it do like a volume swell effect? That can be interesting.
Old 6th September 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
I have about half of my most commonly used pedals on this board:

I do wish you cats would give us a clue on the pedal names and chain, I would like to know what some of these are as I just cannot tell.
Great board. What is that interesting red one on the upper right?
Old 6th September 2014
Lives for gear
Do most of you guys not mind longer pedal patch cables if you can hide them under the board? I tend to make my own short as possible soldered patches but I notice many like hiding them and running longer ones. I suppose with good buffer here and there it does not matter a lot.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search