The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 3rd May 2014
Lives for gear

Here's mine - at this moment in time
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-img_2423.jpg  
Old 3rd May 2014
Here for the gear

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...26447319_o.jpg

My little rig- tried to get as much on one board as poss!
Old 4th May 2014
Lives for gear

That is a really nice selection of very cool pedals man!
Old 4th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post

That is a really nice selection of very cool pedals man!

Thx- here are clips of it

Old 4th May 2014
Lives for gear
Bloody amazing. So isn't that David? Always been one of my fav players.
Old 4th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey1 View Post
Thx- here are clips of it

Killer tubey, valvey tone, man. Really good stuff.

I couldn't find the original post... What kind of amp it it?
Old 5th May 2014
Here for the gear

No it's me....Amp is a Fender Clapton Twinolux

SM57 mic into cubebase, backing tacks from Gilmourish

In each case, the COmp is on and Timeline is in TC2290 setting. On Sorrow and CNumb and some of pulsetones there's a CE2 setting on the trails of the delays only (neat trick in the Mobius is the pre/post setting)

The dirt is:

Strat 56- start is SS3, end is CC1

Then on the higher gain stuff it's the P1 or G2 stacked into the CC1 basically.

Guitar is a Fender CS 56 relic (Vince Cunetto 1996)

I can't link images yet but here's the mancave

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...89654847_o.jpg
Old 5th May 2014
Gear Addict

I didn't even know that amp existed. That thing is awesome. And now I want one. Curses! *shakes fist*

Seriously though, great tone, dude. It's obviously not just the amp by itself. Nice playing. And I'm a picky son-of-a-bitch when it comes to guitar tone.

Edited to add: the rogue coat hanger in the picture is pretty funny.
Old 5th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgoobs View Post
I didn't even know that amp existed. That thing is awesome. And now I want one. Curses! *shakes fist*

Seriously though, great tone, dude. It's obviously not just the amp by itself. Nice playing. And I'm a picky son-of-a-bitch when it comes to guitar tone.

Edited to add: the rogue coat hanger in the picture is pretty funny.
It is a lovely amp, all hand wired, custom shop made and does power scaling from 40w to 10w 2 speakers to 10w/1 speaker

The onboard trem is lush.

Damn the coat hanger!!
Old 5th May 2014
Lives for gear
Extraordinary playing man. Sounded like David to me.
Cornish pedals, wow, outstanding stuff. You are one lucky camper.

Those custom tweeds are Clapton's signature model Fenders. Pretty expensive but the best Fender has ever mustered. I dig the twin. Wish I could afford it.
Old 5th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Extraordinary playing man. Sounded like David to me.
Cornish pedals, wow, outstanding stuff. You are one lucky camper.

Those custom tweeds are Clapton's signature model Fenders. Pretty expensive but the best Fender has ever mustered. I dig the twin. Wish I could afford it.
Hey thanks. I do my best. Gilmour can play CNumb in time; I can't !! (Truth was I couldn't hear the backing tracks.

Twinoluxs are honestly superb- better than all the Tweed boutique clones I've heard. I ran it at 40w for the headroom in all those clips. Great at 10w around the house though......

I had the 57 Twin RI for ages; this is even better.
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear
Still outstanding chops. I honestly had great difficultly deciding if that was not Dave playing especially on my PC.

I agree those Clapton signatures are the best Fenders, maybe if I hit the lottery.

Freakin good amps cost so much these days and no one wants to give you a damn music card for payments. I cannot come up with all the bucks at one time, my wife sees that surplus building and goes into shopping mode.
Old 6th May 2014
Gear Addict

Small board, but am about to add an Echolution 2 and an Effectrode Compressor.

Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

Just received a couple of new pedals for my 2nd PTmini, TC X4 (a good deal $199 from B&H) and a HOF. Have a larger board but prefer to keep my main regular board simple and compact.

Old 15th May 2014
Old 15th May 2014
Lives for gear

What's with the links? Just post photos here.
Old 20th May 2014
Gear Maniac
I just use the multi fx Korg Ax3000g for Chorus and delay in the loop. there's a tap tempo for the delay and I use the exp pedal for delay amount. the chorus is subtle and always on. I have another preset for when I want the phaser instead. For pedals I only own distortions and usually I'll choose one and use it for that rehearsal or gig. my faves are Radial Texas bones and Visual sound open road. But I also like the Big muff and the digitech hardwires are a good value. Depends on which guitar I choose too.
Old 21st May 2014
Lives for gear

I'm digging the demos of the Radial distortion pedals especially the Plexitube. At the moment I've got a Decibel11 Switch Dr, Korg Pitchblack, Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone Germanium, MXR Smartgate, TC Flashback, Zoom MS100BT and a Line6 M9. I haven't configured a pedalboard yet. I should get on it!
Old 22nd May 2014
Lives for gear

Made a series of changes on my board recently, always looking to brew some new different tones to keep things fresh.
Fulltone OF2>> Radial PB1 (buffer/clean boost)>> Xotic RoboTalk2 >> Wampler Ego Compressor >> Whammy V >> MXR/EVH Phase 90 >> Fulltone MDV3 Vibe >> Fulltone Cylde Deluxe >> Wampler Ecstasy(Euphoria) Drive >> PCE KLON >> Wampler Plexi Drive >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner (bypass) >> Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe >> VooodooLab Giggity Analog Mastering Preamp >> to rackmount
Board upper shelf: tc X4 delay/looper in stereo loop - Midi Mouse controlling rack preamp presets - custom Griffin Effects silent on/offs for Lexicon rack unit

In addition to changing some ordering and dropping off 2 other drives, added the very amazing Wampler Plexi Drive and VL Giggity. Two very cool wow factor pedals. The Plexi just might be my fav drive so far, and the "Giggity"(stupid name to be sure) an "Analog Mastering Preamp", best unknown pedal, that is just really great sounding and what it can do to other gain structures is unlike anything I have heard. For a mere $129, more than a pleasant surprise, even by itself renders some great tones. What it can do to a fuzz pedal is astounding. I usually keep it on all the time modifying the overall EQ structure.
Old 29th May 2014
Lives for gear
Made some changes to my board!
My Wampler Triple Wreck is off for repair, and snagged a Suhr Riot on Ebay for cheap, which should tide me over for gigs and rehearsals until I get thr Wreck back.

Also picked up the Xotic 'Mini Triple' on a great deal - needed a compressor and initial results are very promising, the EP Booster and SL Drive are more impulse purchases to give me some different tones...

Very much at the limits of a PT2, made some changes to how I have the EFX setup. Basically the 3 Strymons, TC Nova and MXR Boost are no longer using EFX loops as they can be controlled fully via Midi (the MXR Boost is an end of chain boost that I want to have outwith presets just for whenever I fancy...)

New chain:-

Gtr
-> Strymon Mobius (Pre)
-> EFX III In
-> Loop 2 - Xotic SP Compressor
-> Loop 3 - Suhr Riot
-> Loop 4 - Xotic EP Booster
-> Loop 7 - Wampler Leviathan Fuzz
-> Loop 8 - Xotic SL Drive
-> EFX III Out
-> TC Nova Drive
-> 'Dirt Out Patchbay'
-> 'FX In Patchbay'
-> Strymon Mobius (Post)
-> Strymon Timeline
-> Strymon Bigsky
-> MXR MC401 Boost Line Driver
-> 'FX Out Patchbay'

It's a bit convoluted, but I put a lot of thought into making it flexible for gigs where there is an amp FX loop available:-

There are 4 Redco female TRS jacks drilled into the back of the PT2, which serve as the 'patchbay' (only using 3 of them currently) - the way this is set up means that for a non fx-loop amp (e.g. my backup Orange Micro Terror), I just patch 'Dirt Out' to 'FX In' with a small patch lead and use the 'FX Out' jack to go straight to the amp.

For an amp like my main Blackstar HT Stage 60, or other house amps with loops, I will connect 'Dirt Out' -> Amp In, then the amps FX loop hooks up the the FX In and FX Out jacks - Amp FX Send -> 'FX In', 'FX Out' -> Amp FX Return.

Wired up with a motley combination of solderless kits, the most recent of which is the Evidence Audio SIS kit - which I can't recommend highly enough; I had the full kit assembled into 5 patch cables in about 45 minutes with NO issues whatsoever, and the patch leads are really solid and strong. Big improvement on both the Lava and Planet Waves kits i've used in the past.

At some point it's likely I'll replace the whole board with the Evidence SIS cables - the Planet Waves take a lot of space, and the Lava cables are a bit touchy!!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board.jpg  
Old 30th May 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
Made some changes to my board!
My Wampler Triple Wreck is off for repair, and snagged a Suhr Riot on Ebay for cheap, which should tide me over for gigs and rehearsals until I get thr Wreck back.

Also picked up the Xotic 'Mini Triple' on a great deal - needed a compressor and initial results are very promising, the EP Booster and SL Drive are more impulse purchases to give me some different tones...

Very much at the limits of a PT2, made some changes to how I have the EFX setup. Basically the 3 Strymons, TC Nova and MXR Boost are no longer using EFX loops as they can be controlled fully via Midi (the MXR Boost is an end of chain boost that I want to have outwith presets just for whenever I fancy...)

New chain:-

Gtr
-> Strymon Mobius (Pre)
-> EFX III In
-> Loop 2 - Xotic SP Compressor
-> Loop 3 - Suhr Riot
-> Loop 4 - Xotic EP Booster
-> Loop 7 - Wampler Leviathan Fuzz
-> Loop 8 - Xotic SL Drive
-> EFX III Out
-> TC Nova Drive
-> 'Dirt Out Patchbay'
-> 'FX In Patchbay'
-> Strymon Mobius (Post)
-> Strymon Timeline
-> Strymon Bigsky
-> MXR MC401 Boost Line Driver
-> 'FX Out Patchbay'

It's a bit convoluted, but I put a lot of thought into making it flexible for gigs where there is an amp FX loop available:-

There are 4 Redco female TRS jacks drilled into the back of the PT2, which serve as the 'patchbay' (only using 3 of them currently) - the way this is set up means that for a non fx-loop amp (e.g. my backup Orange Micro Terror), I just patch 'Dirt Out' to 'FX In' with a small patch lead and use the 'FX Out' jack to go straight to the amp.

For an amp like my main Blackstar HT Stage 60, or other house amps with loops, I will connect 'Dirt Out' -> Amp In, then the amps FX loop hooks up the the FX In and FX Out jacks - Amp FX Send -> 'FX In', 'FX Out' -> Amp FX Return.

Wired up with a motley combination of solderless kits, the most recent of which is the Evidence Audio SIS kit - which I can't recommend highly enough; I had the full kit assembled into 5 patch cables in about 45 minutes with NO issues whatsoever, and the patch leads are really solid and strong. Big improvement on both the Lava and Planet Waves kits i've used in the past.

At some point it's likely I'll replace the whole board with the Evidence SIS cables - the Planet Waves take a lot of space, and the Lava cables are a bit touchy!!
Love the tech rig, wish I could rig something like that. Alligator is on a diet for a while. Been wanting to add that Triple Wreck for a while now. So it went bad, wow, that is unusual for a Wampler but things happen. What a killer high gain that one.
Good to know about the Evidence, I was never a fan of solderless cables, I like having that hard connect weld. I started making my own soldered cables a couple years now. Saves me a fortune and my sound is much better and cleaner. Have to check out the new Evidence, have not seen that one yet.
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear
Guitar Cables, Instrument Cables and Speaker Cables from Evidence Audio

Very cool product, had not heard of this one before. Definitely looking into how much I would need for my rig. Very inventive concept.
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Guitar Cables, Instrument Cables and Speaker Cables from Evidence Audio

Very cool product, had not heard of this one before. Definitely looking into how much I would need for my rig. Very inventive concept.
Yeah, thanks for putting the link, should have done that myself - can't speak highly enough of them!

For someone like me who is really poor at / doesn't like soldering (i've tried and tried and ALWAYS mess it up - just too impatient and have never paid the money for a really decent soldering setup - which might explain why I'm poor at it!!), these are just fantastic.

I got the 10 plug 3 meter kit and had all 5 cables done in 30-45 mins, which for me is unprecedented; the Lava kit previously was nearly a whole weekend - with very sore fingers and lots of retries - plus I've had to reseat the Lavas each time I've The Planet Waves kit was easier at maybe about 4 hours, but takes up much more space on the board.

Highly Recommended!!

Quote:
So it went bad, wow, that is unusual for a Wampler but things happen.
It's not so much that it went REALLY bad, it's just that my pedal has extremely low headroom - I have to crank the volume to full to get it to be competitive with my clean, and my Nova Drives I had to reduce volume on. After getting frustrated at rehearsals and gigs with not enough voulme, I decided to email Wampler and they confirmed that this should not be the case and it must be defective so I'm sending it for repair/service.

It's really my own fault because when I got it to start with I was so impressed with the higain tones I didn't really notice the volume issue - that said, I do think it has been getting worse recently, because the volume drop at noon, is much more than what I recall when I first bought it.

Hoping it comes back with plenty of juice! - though I'm interested in how the Suhr Riot stacks up too; the Wreck won't fit on my board now, so something will have to give!!!
Old 31st May 2014
Gear Addict

Some changes to my board. The Diamond Compressor kicked the Analog.man CompRossor off the board. The CompRossor is cool and all, but I'm more of a smooth opto kinda guy when it comes to guitar comps, and the tilt EQ is an amazing feature.

Chain is:

2010 Gibson Firebird V >

TC polytune > EHX microPOG > Analog.man Sunface NKT275 > Fulltone Octafuzz > Diamond Compressor > ProCo Rat > Analog.Man Beano Boost > Fulltone Choralflange > MXR script Phase 90 > EQdevices Disaster Transport delay

> 1960 Magnatone 260A

Planning to replace the EQdevices with an analog delay, probably Analog.man ARDX20. Also getting a Lehle Looper/Switcher. When I get that, the Phase90 will have to make room for my old Ibanez PT-707. The phasetone has such an amazing fat sound, but its bypass is horrible.
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yeah, thanks for putting the link, should have done that myself - can't speak highly enough of them!

For someone like me who is really poor at / doesn't like soldering (i've tried and tried and ALWAYS mess it up - just too impatient and have never paid the money for a really decent soldering setup - which might explain why I'm poor at it!!), these are just fantastic.

I got the 10 plug 3 meter kit and had all 5 cables done in 30-45 mins, which for me is unprecedented; the Lava kit previously was nearly a whole weekend - with very sore fingers and lots of retries - plus I've had to reseat the Lavas each time I've The Planet Waves kit was easier at maybe about 4 hours, but takes up much more space on the board.

Highly Recommended!!

It's not so much that it went REALLY bad, it's just that my pedal has extremely low headroom - I have to crank the volume to full to get it to be competitive with my clean, and my Nova Drives I had to reduce volume on. After getting frustrated at rehearsals and gigs with not enough voulme, I decided to email Wampler and they confirmed that this should not be the case and it must be defective so I'm sending it for repair/service.

It's really my own fault because when I got it to start with I was so impressed with the higain tones I didn't really notice the volume issue - that said, I do think it has been getting worse recently, because the volume drop at noon, is much more than what I recall when I first bought it.

Hoping it comes back with plenty of juice! - though I'm interested in how the Suhr Riot stacks up too; the Wreck won't fit on my board now, so something will have to give!!!
Yeah, soldering was a bitch before I broke down and got a decent high powered gun. That made life easy, some good rosin core solder and forms a weld quickly and shiny very solid connections. The pain is in the prep for sure. I would spend a couple nights stripping and prepping the wires for connection, Soldering was easy, the stripping of the fragile shield mesh and so on was just time consuming.

Mine are much heavier duty plugs with half the capacitance of Switchcraft.
I was dropping a fortune on patch cables previously. Trying to go higher end was really ridiculous and always had to make due with the cable length often too long.
I noticed their cable is solid core, stuff I been using is not, wondering how short you can actually make a cable and allow that core to bend without it bending into a crease and possibly breaking internally, I had some older version Core X2 cables with solid core and the long ones were fine but the short patch were very unwieldy and stiff could not get a shorter than 1ft and they had angled and straight as you could not get the cable to make a loop bend.
Wondering how the Evidence does on short patch, what is the shortest length it can go?? I can do a 5-6" side by side pedals, without bending too much.
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear
Any of you players having a love hate thing with the modulation like I get all the time?
Sometimes I can handle the Phaser in front of overdrive or gains but sometimes I miss the better definition and articulation having it after. Seems like the Vibe is fine before OD but it can go after as well. I guess switching things around once in a while is a good way to get out of a rut.

Not sure if any of you cats have tried out a VoodooLab Giggity but what a cool idea in pedals. Billed as not an overdrive or a booster but an "Analog Mastering Preamp" I marvel out how it can absorb what goes into it and alter the EQ voicing without screwing up the quality of the other pedal. Very cool. What it can do to a fuzz is uncanny. Turns any fuzz into a 1000lb violin Eric Johnson thing. For a mere $129 probably the best buy and bang for the buck pedal I have ever got. Even though my drives are top shelf quality the Giggity does not mess them up but rather offers more spectrum of EQ to mess with. Say you get the best tone out of drive it can muster but you could stand a little more low end or perhaps a little more sparkle on the high end, presto.
Just FYI for an interesting pedal I had missed when it came out. Here is a review I did of it.
Voodoo Lab Giggity
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any of you players having a love hate thing with the modulation like I get all the time. Sometimes I can handle the Phaser in front of overdrive or gains but sometimes I miss the better definition and articulation having it after.
One of the possibly overlooked features of the Strymon Mobius is an alternate use of the stereo i/o to put pedals in a loop to have those pedals before or after the Mobius on a patch-by-patch basis. I have each of my overdrive pedals in that loop.
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear
Strymon is amazing stuff, loop preset options how incitefully cool, wish they were easier for me to get.
Old 1st June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_K View Post
One of the possibly overlooked features of the Strymon Mobius is an alternate use of the stereo i/o to put pedals in a loop to have those pedals before or after the Mobius on a patch-by-patch basis. I have each of my overdrive pedals in that loop.
+1

Pre/Post feature is just great - some of the machines sound great in front of dirt, but some sound much better after - and the fact it can be stored on a preset basis is just sweet.

I tend to use Rotary, Chorus and Phase pre-dirt, and Filter, Flanger and Vibe post - but it just depends, but it's great flexibility!
Old 1st June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
+1

Pre/Post feature is just great - some of the machines sound great in front of dirt, but some sound much better after - and the fact it can be stored on a preset basis is just sweet.

I tend to use Rotary, Chorus and Phase pre-dirt, and Filter, Flanger and Vibe post - but it just depends, but it's great flexibility!
Yeah, I try out each patch I create pre and post just to see if I might be missing something cool. Generally speaking, filters and any thing that uses an auto envelope ends up being before dirt for me. Everything else is just by ear.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search