The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Guitars for sale     Latest  Trending
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!
Old 26th January 2014
Gear Nut

Current tour rig
Instagram
Old 29th January 2014
Gear Head

Guitar -> Korg Tuner -> Joyo Overdrive -> AB/Y Splitter ->(clean amp: Fender Hotrod Deville, OD amp: Laney GH100L into Bogner 212OS)

Laney FX loop: Joyo EQ -> Biyang Tri Reverb -> Digitech Looper Left Channel

Fender Fx loop: HB Tremolo -> Ibanez ES-2 Delay (trough JHS true bypass looper) -> TC Hall of Fame -> Digitech Looper Right Channel

Underneath the pedalboard there is a T-Rex Fueltank Chamelon

Does the job
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard.jpg  
Old 30th January 2014
Lives for gear
Pretty certain I'm done with my board now for a LONG WHILE!

Now on a PT2, added a Triple Wreck for Hi-Gain heavy mutes etc.

Full chain is:-

MusicomLab EFXII

Guitar - > EFX In A (via RedCo feedthro jacks drilled into back of PT2)

Loop 1 - Strymon Mobius (pre patches)
Loop 2 - TC Nova Drive
Loop 3 - Wampler Leviathan Fuzz
Loop 4 - Wampler Triple Wreck

Loop 5 - Strymon Mobius (post patches)
Loop 6 - Strymon Timeline
Loop 7 - Strymon Big Sky
Loop 8 - MXR CAE MC 401 Clean Boost

Tuner Out - Korg Pitch Black

The EXF has 2 ins and outs which allows loops 5-8 to be pushed to an amp FX loop, which I do if i'm using my own amp - both sets of ins and outs are now patched to the 4 jacks at the back of the board, so pretty flexible!

Famous last words, but I think this is it for a long time!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-p1000031.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-p1000032.jpg  
Old 1st February 2014
Lives for gear

Made the board a little more gig friendly. A/B loop pedal switches between SP Compressor and Zendrive/SL OD for a quick clean/dirty switch. Top right pedal turns top row of FX on or off. Top left pedal goes through Ditto into blackface channel or straight to tweed channel of my combo.

The little Xotic SL pedal was purchased because I needed a small second OD so I could fit the A/B FX loop pedal, and it turns out to be my favorite Marshall in a Box so far.

Old 1st February 2014
Lives for gear
Joe Porto
Quote:
The little Xotic SL pedal was purchased because I needed a small second OD so I could fit the A/B FX loop pedal, and it turns out to be my favorite Marshall in a Box so far.
That's so cool, sometimes working within limitations pays dividends!
Old 2nd February 2014
Here for the gear

I've been working on this pedal board for a while and I think I'm finally happy with the end result. I am using a Blackheart Little Giant amp with a Bitmo Mod into the Blackheart 1x12. There is no effects loop, so everything is an insert effect.

The signal path is as follows:
  • Sony DWZ Wireless
  • Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone
  • Love Pedal SuperLead
  • TC Electronics MOJOMOJO
  • Wampler Sovereign
  • Zoom Multistomp
  • TC Electronic Flashback
  • BBE Sonic Stomp
  • ElectroHarmonix Switchblade
  • TC Electronics Hall Of Fame Mini Reverb
  • TC Electronics Ditto Looper

The Switchblade switches between the Guitar effects and the Fishman TriplePlay wireless MIDI. This allows me to add reverb to my MIDI patches and loop both the guitar and synth sounds.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-final-iteration.jpg  
Old 4th February 2014
Here for the gear

My Pedalbaord

Guitar > JHS Prestige > TC Polytune > EB VP Jr (modded by JHS) > JHS State Line > JHS Sweet Tea V2 > Amp

(FX loop) Strymon BigSky > Strymon Timeline > TC Ditto Looper > Amp

Mounted on a Trailer Trash 24 X 12 slotted top. Using Lava Cables tightrope and powered by a Voodoo Lab PP 4X4.

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board1.jpg

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board2.jpg

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-board4.jpg
Old 5th February 2014
Gear Maniac

I'm new here so not yet allowed to post pictures.
My pedal board is currently setup chained in this order:
Boss TU-3
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Boss HM-2
Boss TR-2
Akai Phaser
MXR Phase 90
TC Flashback Delay (mostly for Chorus)
TC FlashbackX4 Delay
Boss ME-50 multieffects (mostly for Univibe, Reverb, Noise Suppressor, Wah and Volume).

My pedal board is filled so I can't fit everything I own. As a result I have several spares that I swap into in the chain from time to time in replacement of one of those above: Boss DC-2, Amdek Compressor, and Boss DS-1.

I expect the new Boss OD-1X might replace my SD-1 in the near future.

Mike.
Old 11th February 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmeisterbean View Post
Guitar > JHS Prestige > TC Polytune > EB VP Jr (modded by JHS) > JHS State Line > JHS Sweet Tea V2 > Amp

Mounted on a Trailer Trash 24 X 12 slotted top. Using Lava Cables tightrope and powered by a Voodoo Lab PP 4X4.

Attachment 383338

Attachment 383339

Attachment 383340
Nice work!
I imagine your place to be quite tidy.
Old 11th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:

Attachment 383338

Attachment 383339

Attachment 383340
Nice setup! How did you find the Tightrope Lava cables? I found the old Lava solderless kit a bit fiddly and moved to a Planet Waves kit, but the Tightrope looks a lot better. The Planet Waves kit was great from an assembly point of view but the plugs are not the most space efficient, I really liked the Lava plugs, but assembly was a pain!
Old 12th February 2014
Lives for gear
I like that clean wiring, very nice indeed. I wish could come to some sense of stability in pedal choices to create the board to fit them. I guess when you reach Strymon you can count on those staying in place.
I admire the convenience of the solderless kits but I like the confidence of soldered ends. I started making my own patch cables to custom length about a year ago and it has been one of the best things I ever got into for my rig. I use a spare high end guitar cable and cut it up using these high end audiophile plugs I found for like $2 and just solder and insulate the ends. Cleaning the wire prep for connections I suspect is still a pain in the ass for either.
Old 12th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
I admire the convenience of the solderless kits but I like the confidence of soldered ends. I started making my own patch cables to custom length about a year ago and it has been one of the best things I ever got into for my rig. I use a spare high end guitar cable and cut it up using these high end audiophile plugs I found for like $2 and just solder and insulate the ends.
I have transitioned from George L's to GLS pancake jacks and Mogami guitar cable. The pancake jacks easy to solder, and are lower profile, so I can get the pedals tighter on the board.
Old 12th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

I ended up sending my Sweat Tea back to JHS for a look. Should be back this week.

I was having an issue with self oscillation when using the 808 into the Charlie. I contacted JHS and they said it may be normal, but wanted to have a look.

Does yours self oscillate at certain settings? If I had both volumes and tones at noon, 808 gain all the way up, and Charlie gain past noon, the pedal would self oscillate, even with the input shorted (guitar all the way down, or with shorted test jack). Also, the 808 side would pop really bad when engaged.

Thanks,
Old 13th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
I have transitioned from George L's to GLS pancake jacks and Mogami guitar cable. The pancake jacks easy to solder, and are lower profile, so I can get the pedals tighter on the board.
Yeah I use flat pan right angle 95% of the time.

This is one of my cables verses a typical cable with the usual normal size plugs.
I get these and straights from Orange County Speaker Supply, more audiophile grade for like $2 ea.
The cable cost me nothing as I used a spare high end guitar cable which made a ton of patch cables.
Only expense is a decent soldering gun and rosin core solder, prep the wire bing bang with the gun and insulate the ends and presto soldered heavy duty cable.
Lately I started using large heat shrink on the ends as well as my normal addition of black tape inside the shell.
Old 13th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Old 17th February 2014
Gear Head

Here's my "board". any suggestions you have would be great. I'm thinking of getting a NS-2, a wah (debating between a regular and auto-wah), and a reverb (not so important since I just got an amp that has decent reverb). Please keep in mind that any suggestions please be within a budget of about $100 each pedal...

Also, right now the flow is
Guitar ==> Tuner ==> Compressor ==> Overdrive ==> Distortion ==> Flanger ==> Digital Delay ==> GT-80 DSP Amp.

I'm gonna play around with running the flanger and DD through the effects loop once I get some of my cables back.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-s1040001.jpg  
Old 17th February 2014
Lives for gear

Ok, unfortunately no pics for now... I´m still undecided if I´m gonna order a "CDW Holeyboard Wide" or do a DIY custom job, with one big or two smaller boards. But I guess I´ve figured out and bought most of the pedals I want, the board is gonna be:

Okko - Cocacomp
Okko - Twinsonic
Spaceman FX - Saturn V
Wren&Cuff - Tall Font Russian
Death By Audio - Soundwave Breakdown
Earthquaker Devices - Bit Commander
Moog MF Drive with pedal for the filter.

Lehle Little Lehle II - FX Loop

---->
vintage EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress
Earthquaker Devices - Rainbow Machine
Earthquaker Devices - The Depths
Earthquaker Devices - Dispatch Master
<----

Endangered Audio AD 4096
Analog Man ARDX20 - with EHX Freeze in the loop
TC Ditto looper
Lehle 1->3 switching between either:

a) Toneking Imperial 20th anniversary
b) Magnatone Twilighter (when they´re finally available here)
c) TC Polytune2

still missing the Death by Audio, the Depths, Dispatch Master and ARDX20, but 99% decided.... the rest has stood the test of time and will stay....

pictures once the board is finished...
Old 18th February 2014
Lives for gear
Have to just chime and say that the Wampler Triple Wreck is everything I hoped it would be and more, it is just a beast!

Incredible hi-gain, but still tight with great note definition, tt has pretty much relegated both my TC Nova Distortion AND my hi-gain channel of my Blackstar HT-60 for all my main riff-based patches.

The boost also turns it int a pretty crazy gooey fuzz pedal as well - quite different from the Leviathan I have, but very cool and usable in it's own way.

So now my dirt setup is more or less as follows:-

TC Nova -> Leviathan -> Triple Wreck -> MXR Clean Boost (in fx loop)

For heavy songs, the Wreck is always on - Brutal switch, noon-treble, 10-mid, noon-bass, 1-gain (just over half), then I use various combinations of the Nova and Leviathan to push the Wreck a bit more, and the clean boost simply gives a volume boost for leads.

This is pretty much a perfect set up for me, the Nova OD is great and handles all my mellower tones with aplomb, it was always the hi-gain stuff I had issues with; the great thing about the Wreck is even a really high gain settings, there is next to no noise, and uncontrollable feedback is not a problem (which the Nova and my Blackstar hi-gain channel have issues with)

Old 18th February 2014
Here for the gear
Smith and Stange ss900w

Board is by Smith and Stange

all the gear is GoGo tuners, Zcat, Gerhat, Pigtronix, BBE, Mr. Crazy Mods, Favoretties, MXR, Esterly, Guyatone, and Juliet Collective.
Old 19th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
Have to just chime and say that the Wampler Triple Wreck is everything I hoped it would be and more, it is just a beast!

Incredible hi-gain, but still tight with great note definition, tt has pretty much relegated both my TC Nova Distortion AND my hi-gain channel of my Blackstar HT-60 for all my main riff-based patches.

The boost also turns it int a pretty crazy gooey fuzz pedal as well - quite different from the Leviathan I have, but very cool and usable in it's own way.

So now my dirt setup is more or less as follows:-

TC Nova -> Leviathan -> Triple Wreck -> MXR Clean Boost (in fx loop)

For heavy songs, the Wreck is always on - Brutal switch, noon-treble, 10-mid, noon-bass, 1-gain (just over half), then I use various combinations of the Nova and Leviathan to push the Wreck a bit more, and the clean boost simply gives a volume boost for leads.

This is pretty much a perfect set up for me, the Nova OD is great and handles all my mellower tones with aplomb, it was always the hi-gain stuff I had issues with; the great thing about the Wreck is even a really high gain settings, there is next to no noise, and uncontrollable feedback is not a problem (which the Nova and my Blackstar hi-gain channel have issues with)

Wampler Pedals always deliver the goods. I have always said the Triple is the most intense yet articulate high gain pedal, heads above the fray.
Old 19th February 2014
Lives for gear

My latest FEB2014 selection of floor pedals.
Wampler Compressor (low blend setting, bypass)
Whammy V (now bypass and more polyphonic tracking)
Korg Pitchblack (bypass)
Fulltone OF2 Octa-Fuzz (three basic options, fuzz, octave+fuzz, just octave, bypass)
Fulltone DejaVibe MDV3 (bypass)
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe (bypass)
Lovepedal Kalamazoo (bypass)
PCE Klon (Klon buffer on)
Wampler Ecstasy OD (bypass)
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe (bypass, output on-only buffer on)
MXR EVH Phase 90 (bypass)
(VoodooLab Power Plus2 and additional high v/mA supplies, all running off a Furman Master Power in rack)
(Midi Mouse controller switch running PSA 1.1 preamp presets)
(custom Griffin Pedals silent dual switch for Lexicon MX200 in rack)
tc X4 delay/looper in PSA stereo loop with BBE with rack gear.
Old 22nd February 2014
Here for the gear

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/...psvgwawgsv.jpg

Here is my board. Polytune mini> Behringer 7band eq> Ernie Ball Jr volume> Dunlop crybaby wah> Digitech whammy> Behringer comp/sustainer> Digitech istomp(set as tremolo)> Boss super octave> Boss super overdrive> MXR 78 distortion> istomp (set as E-H small stone phaser)> istomp (set as Boss CE Chorus)> Electro-Harmonix holy grail nano> Vox delaylab> Boss RC-20xl. All going into the front of a 1981 Peavey Heritage.
Old 23rd February 2014
Lives for gear
For anyone that is interested (I've seen a few Strymon pedals on this thread), I am busy working on an preset editor (hopefully for all 3!)

Strymon Editors - The Gear Page

I'd really be interested in some feedback, and suggestions!
Old 24th February 2014
Here for the gear

I play Post-rock/Ambient/Experimental music
Here is simple Pedalboard:
I Play Shredder Hollow Body Guitar (Indonesian Made Guitar) going into ERV Pedals Sanana Drive (OD1 Clone with Tone Mods)>ERV Pedals Tyco Drive (Rat Clone with 6 clipping mode)>Danelectro Transparant OD ver 2.0>ERV Pedals Tremodeler (Magnus Modulus Clone with a momentary Footswitch to control the Feedback so it can oscilated just by pressing the switch)>Zoom MS70 CDR-Chorus,Delay,Reverb>Boss RC3
All this into my small cheap amps called Shredder.
Thanks and Hello From Jakarta

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...92735863_n.jpg
Old 26th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Boss ME-5 with a volume pedal running through the effects send. Dead tuner replaced by a Snark

Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robare99 View Post
Boss ME-5 with a volume pedal running through the effects send. Dead tuner replaced by a Snark

Nice to see a real working man's rig here.
Old 27th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

Gets my vote for tidiness for sure. This is one of my faves!
Old 27th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
Nice to see a real working man's rig here.
Thanks. I bought the ME5 back in 88 when it first came out.

I play a Jem through that and into a 1984 JCM800, so I keep things pretty simple. The ME5 has 64 different patches. I use one, and I have it on manual to turn the OD on or off.

That's it. I keep it simple, clean or dirty. I use the volume knob, and different pickup combinations for some variety but that's it.

I'm the fatass.

Solo - YouTube

NYE FTW!! - YouTube

Change - YouTube

I've been happy with my tone for the last 25 years, I'm not one to chase the latest pedal of the month, I'm pretty meat and potatoes.

I was in a band with another guitar player who would do a tap dance between each song getting to the next patch. All these different delays, distortions etc. that made me want to keep it simple even more.

Clean.

Dirty.

Go.

Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

the cabs have been replaced with a bogner and a 6505 - pedal board may be getting a makeover - fractal is out now used only for recording to be replaced by a g force - rg replaced by amp gizmo -

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-1496708_10152229788193729_1240295097_n.jpg
Old 28th February 2014
Lives for gear
Never understood the tap dance thing. I might kick on a single pedal out of a board which is capable of vast diverse tones. If things present that much of a problem you can always get a switching system for one button presets with the advantage of higher end pedals over generic.
Most are not looking for the pedal of the week we are just out to improve or change the boring aspect of sounding the same all the time.
Most of my changes are one pedal, at the most maybe 3 to turn on my Trower chain which stays on while using that tone structure. No big deal. I have this issue if I want to play in the vein of Jeff Beck, Trower, Pagey, or anyone else I like the guitar to sound like it.

The problem I always had with my board is keeping drunk idiots away from it. Looked down one time when I was using a Roland Synth combination and some fat cow was standing on my midi cable. I stay pretty close to my rig now a days, maybe can't run across the stage but that is sort of campy anyway. Pedals just make playing fun and expand the range of the guitar beyond the same bland playing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search