The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th May 2008
Here for the gear

I just built my pedalboard last night. My signal goes from my Tele-->Dean Markley PT-13 Tuner, MXR Distortion+ (output max/distortion 10 o'clock) MXR Carbon Copy analog delay, EHX Holy Stain (used mainly for reverb and tremelo) ---> Fender Pro Junior.

Here are some pics...

I hinged the board which provides enough storage space beneath the pedasl for two cables, picks, strings and my guitar strap.
Old 8th May 2008
Lives for gear
nice board - I like the space underneath idea.

How do you like the carbon copy pedal?
Old 8th May 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
nice board - I like the space underneath idea.

How do you like the carbon copy pedal?
I love the Carbon Copy. It has great tone. I used digital delay for years and after spending some time with an analog delay I had to get one. I played several analog delays and I liked the Carbon Copy the best by far. I dig the modulation as it ads a nice subtle color to the repeats. And the repeats are so wonderfully warm. Warm but not mushy. Anyway, I pretty much leave it on all the time and just dial back the mix when I don't need the effect.
Old 8th May 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnstylepoet View Post
I love the Carbon Copy. It has great tone. I used digital delay for years and after spending some time with an analog delay I had to get one. I played several analog delays and I liked the Carbon Copy the best by far. I dig the modulation as it ads a nice subtle color to the repeats. And the repeats are so wonderfully warm. Warm but not mushy. Anyway, I pretty much leave it on all the time and just dial back the mix when I don't need the effect.
+1!!
Old 1st June 2008
Gear Head

the current version of my pedalboard:

my Crowther Hotcake is back after being repaired by Mr. Crowther.

i'm still not set on the effects order and i'd kinda like to get the Fuzz Factory back in on the game, but it has to be at the front or else it doesn't sound right.

i think i may retire the Ross and replace it with a Small Stone Nano cos i really don't want to break or lose the Ross to an accident...it sounds so good, but i want to keep it for recording only.

i'd also like to snag one of the Peterson tuners so i don't have to unplug and walk over to my old Korg by my amps.

in fact, i really need to just replace this pedalboard+power supply cos it's just too small anymore.

i blame Ed O'Brien!heh
Old 10th June 2008
Gear Addict

Here's my recently finished board:

Old 27th June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramseur View Post
My board redone: (board itself is a Trailer Trash).

Ernie Ball Volume > Barber Tone Press > Ibanez AF-9 > Zvex Box of Rock > Emma Reezafratzitz > Boss NS2 > Ibanez CS9 > Line 6 Echo Park > Boss Phase Shifter > Reverbamate Sole-Mate

NS2 will be replaced by an ISP Decimator (NS2 is working intermittently)
Reezafratzitz may be replaced with an AMT Du Hast (en route).
How do you like the OctaSwitch? Can I A/B between two amps with that bad boy?
Old 30th June 2008
Gear Addict

bump
Old 2nd July 2008
Gear Nut

Sorry I don't have any pics but the way I attached my pedals was with bike chain. If you take the chain apart with a tool (they sell the chain and the tool at hardware stores for cheap less than $10) you get the two side pieces of the link. They make a really simple bracket that you can use to mount to your board. Way more solid than velcro or zip ties. You may have to get creative to use this for some Fulltone pedals and others because of where the screws are located on the pedals. Hope this made sense.
Old 2nd July 2008
Gear Nut

Here Hopefully this will help you visualize
Old 2nd July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR11 View Post
Here Hopefully this will help you visualize
you can get something similar than that on ebay. They are the same thing just not all rusty but they work GREAT!
Old 8th July 2008
Gear Nut

Skip Ebay. Go right to a hardware store. They have the tool you need as well as the chain. I just attached the picture to show what part of the link you use. This a dirt cheap way to make your board look really nice. Plus I really enjoy having my pedals attached firmly to my board. Velcro and zip ties are OK but for my tap delay and channel selector (Things I use on almost every song) it is nice to not have your pedals moving around.
Old 8th July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR11 View Post
...I really enjoy having my pedals attached firmly to my board. Velcro and zip ties are OK but for my tap delay and channel selector (Things I use on almost every song) it is nice to not have your pedals moving around.
Word! Its easy to just get a piece of plywood, paint it black, and attach your pedals. IMO, its a lot nicer than velcro or zipties.
Old 13th July 2008
Gear Maniac

here's mine, and then the 'second stringers' board as well....

signal flow is: gtr, tuner, z vex super duper 2 in 1, roddenberg GAS-808/809, z vex box o' rock, prescription electronics experience, 4ms noise swash, empress tremolo, barge concepts VFB with the empress superdelay in the loop (its a little mixer, essentially), then the t rex roomate, then the amp.

the other board has no order: electro harmonix hotubes, death by audio custom total sonic breakdown (killer pedal), mutron biphase, analog man sunface, ebs reverb, diamond memory lane with custom feedback box, no name tremolo, zvex fuzz factory, z vex seeq-wah with cusack music tap tempo mod. Oh and there's also an old MXR limiter pedal that I had modded to have true bypass and 9volt power adapter (and I had the casing redone with a picture of a fall scene, but you can't see it in the photo-- its funny though. The guys at 4ms did it).

Jesus I got to stop blowing my money on these things.
Old 22nd July 2008
Here for the gear

Smile here is mine

here is my loved pedals
Old 22nd July 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohugo View Post
here is my loved pedals
sweet collection there!
Old 22nd July 2008
Lives for gear

wow. you guys have a lot of stuff!

Old 23rd July 2008
Lives for gear

Here's mine
Old 25th July 2008
TQP
Gear Head

This is about a year old, but i don't remember adding anything since...the larger pedaltrain board towards the top of the pic is my main live board, the rest is for fun...
Old 26th July 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQP View Post
This is about a year old, but i don't remember adding anything since...the larger pedaltrain board towards the top of the pic is my main live board, the rest is for fun...
the FM4 is alot of fun, but i consider it a "toy box" item as well.
Old 26th July 2008
TQP
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefD View Post
the FM4 is alot of fun, but i consider it a "toy box" item as well.
Yeah, it's a lot of fun, but not something i use often. It's also so big i can't easily swap it onto my board...most of the time it sits on the shelf...
Old 3rd February 2009
Here for the gear

Hello!

This is my recent combination of effect pedals. This is how it works:

GUITAR 1 i 2 (handmande stratocaster and washburn WI66) ------>
electro harmonix switch blade (ab selector) -----> dunlop cry baby (wah) -----> t.c. electronic vintage compressor ------> t-rex mudhoney (ts 808 overdrive) ------> carl martin hydra boost (clean boost) ------> AMP INPUT - HUGHES & KETTNER Statesman EL 34 (50w head)

SEND -----> Boss FV 500L (stereo volume pedal) -----> t.c. electronic chorus/flanger ----->
boss chromatic tuner tu-2 -----> boss giga delay DD 20 -----> boss RV 5 (digital reverb) -----> RETURN
Old 4th February 2009
Here for the gear

My baby.

This is a "guitargeek" esque cartoonization of my pedalboard, as I haven't taken an updated pic yet. The actual board is a Trailer Trash Pro Series, in black. Solid as a rock, including flight-worthy ATA road case. George L cables, naturally... It's an evolution from formerly flooding my entire board with more and more mod pedals, really. I always had a Boss CE-2 chorus and MXR Phase 90. But then got an H&K Rotosphere. Then I started diggin on Flanger sounds, trem sounds, Univibe sounds. At a certain point, I said, "This is now impossible, and got the MM4. It sounds great, no compromise, TOP QUALITY sounds. Okay, so the Univibe and the Roto are nothing special, but the rest is SOLID. The Whammy and the FM4 are toys, not necessary, but a good tool for alternative sounds; making EVERY solo in the show different.

Guitars include Fender Tele, Strat, and Jaguar, Epiphone Sheraton, and Gretsch Country Club.

thumbsup
Old 7th February 2009
Lives for gear

I'm not the biggest fan of pedals, but I find that after trying tons of 'em - these are the best 'real-world' pedals for my setup. Think mostly, alt-rock and country..

1 AC Booster
2 Keeley - great utilitarian comp
3 Squeezebox - my favorite comp hands down - just so versatile and soulful
4 ICBM Fuzz - balls out 'smashing pumpkins' type of tones
5 Diamond Memory lane rev 1 - looks like there's a lot of love for this pedal on GS

In the second pic is my Nash Tele and new custom /13 JRT 9/15...
Old 10th February 2009
Here for the gear

The tele in that pic has the standard pickup configuration. How is it a nashville without the middle pickup?
Old 10th February 2009
Engagement Manager

this is what i am using today
looks like i robbed gohugo from a few pages back
S/.
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
The tele in that pic has the standard pickup configuration. How is it a nashville without the middle pickup?
NashGuitars

Nash, not Nashville..
Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

My latest rig.
The 'pedalboard' is just a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro.
Some pedals are racked though.

Old 10th February 2009
Lives for gear

Cant believe no ones dropped this pic yet...

Old 12th February 2009
Lives for gear

Here's my bass pedal setup...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search