The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 21st July 2013
Here for the gear

Most recent update
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1374437303.583127.jpg  
Old 24th July 2013
Lives for gear
Seems like I no more than get my Velco done and I have to change something.
Moved my PB1 back to the front of chain buffer it does not effect the triggering or response of any filter or octave as I first puzzled over. I currently do not run a fuzz and not sure the more modern tech fuzz pedals are effected by a buffer before them. At any rate the front end buffer makes a huge difference in the quality of sound.

The EVH Phase 90 gets moved all the time. I decided I just do not like it before my drives, not enough articulation on the phasing and also after my Pinnacle Dist, it is before my tube high gain which sounds OK and gives me that "before" option as well. I do not play anything like EVH so I need it to work for me while retaining my chord articulation. It is subtle enough that the script mode is not overbearing after the drives or the Pinnacle. I get the EVH lovers like it in front but for my tastes, after is better.
Old 25th July 2013
Here for the gear

My newest board. It has a whole sidepanel with a fuse and all kinds of in and outputs for my FX Loop / Footswitches / Powercon and Output. It came with a multi-cable with all the jacks and power cable.

The little thing underneath my Korg DT-10 bypasses my wireless when I plug a cable into the little box. Can come in handy when my wireless craps out on me during a show so I don't have to re-patch some stuff.

The Line 6 M9 goes into the FX Loop. The rest is in front of the amp. With the GLAB GSC-1 I can control my Line 6 M9 presets through Midi

Old 25th July 2013
Lives for gear
Nicely done.
Old 28th July 2013
Gear Addict

Just got the Disaster Transport the other day. For live stuff mostly, so I don't have to drag my E1010 or tape echoes with me. I dig the modulation feature.

Old 28th July 2013
Here for the gear

I'm a bass player. Does that count?

Also quick question. Do you guys have a Buy/sell/trade area? I'm I blind???
Old 29th July 2013
Lives for gear

Old 31st July 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post

Pedal Board Chain:
Radial PB-1 (high end always on buffer and footswitch class A clean boost option)
Carl Martin Optical Filter Envelope Filter
Wampler Ego Compressor
Lovepedal OD 11 Overdrive (custom version)
Electro-Harmonix POG
Digitech Whammy V (new version polyphonic true bypass)
Lovepedal BLACK AMP Eleven Overdrive and COT50 boost (Prymaxe Vintage limited edition custom)
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Lovepedal Kalamazoo Overdrive
Fulltone mini DejaVibe
Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe Distortion

MXR EVH Phase 90 (2 mode phase90)
Ibanez Tube King (real tube, 100v internal step up to plates)
Wampler Ecstasy Overdrive (now Euphoria , 3 mode drive)
Radial ABY Amp Splitter Isolator Box
Ever try the pog before your drive?
It's supposed to track best that way, and have a nice full effect on the distortion
Old 3rd August 2013
Lives for gear

Man, this just makes me want to build something...

At Woodcraft.com
Old 3rd August 2013
Gear Maniac

Heres my current rig. I am down a whammy though :(

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1375520912.840978.jpg
Old 4th August 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
Ever try the pog before your drive?
It's supposed to track best that way, and have a nice full effect on the distortion

Yeah, I have it set pretty clean just another option. I actually moved some things around again. There are 3 other drives after it. I plan to get a Decibel Eleven Pedal Pallet and put the drives in it. I also moved my modulation again. Just do not like the Phaser before gains. Get better articulation and sweep after. I do have that option on my last high gain as well, marvelous board with a ton of options.
A lot of things are never stacked or on at the same time.

tc Electronic X4 and BBE 482i are in the amp loops in stereo.
Old 4th August 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wearecreative View Post
Heres my current rig. I am down a whammy though :(

Attachment 356476
New Whammy V is a jewel. Polyphonic tracking option and true bypass. Do not plan on using a power brick for it, really high mA draw.
Old 4th August 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lame pseudonym View Post

I use birch all the time, larger 3/4" - 4x2' sheets, I have them cut it for me and I get pre cut 2x2s to fit under and presto huge board, tilted like I like.
I did not have to cut anything on my last board, used the cut piece for my upper level shelf and some pieces I had for the supports. Cost next to nothing.
I could never find a board big enough for what I wanted to arrange, much less hundreds of bucks.
Old 6th August 2013
Gear Head

My setup is simple, but I love it!

Front End:
Ernie Ball 6185 Wah
TC Electronics Polytune
Rocktron Guitar Silencer
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Electro Harmonix EH4800 Small Stone

Effects Loop:
MXR Carbon Copy
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail
Electro Harmonix LPB-1
Old 7th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I use birch all the time, larger 3/4" - 4x2' sheets, I have them cut it for me and I get pre cut 2x2s to fit under and presto huge board, tilted like I like.
Three-quarter inch seems heavy to me but some people like heavy stuff and God bless you all.

I'm looking at the 3/8" because it is not something you can buy in every semi-handyman bigbox store, and sometimes I have to walk a few blocks from a parking space...and I'm (mumble mumble) years old.

LP

Last edited by lame pseudonym; 7th August 2013 at 03:30 AM.. Reason: fix typo
Old 7th August 2013
Here for the gear

Why? Your in the pedalboard forum when tone is controlled by your feet lol
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lame pseudonym View Post
Three-quarter inch seems heavy to me but some people like heavy stuff and God bless you all.

I'm looking at the 3/8" because it is not something you can buy in every semi-handyman bigbox store, and sometimes I have to walk a few blocks from a parking space...and I'm (mumble mumble) years old.

LP
Carts have wheels for us light at the end of the tunnel chaps. A 4'x2' precut of birch is not very much at Lowe's. I have them rip an 8" cut and use that for my upper level. Precut 2x2" for under supports and no cuts being done at home.

This next time I think I will get more design inventive.
By the way kids, do not repaint, the Velcro just pulls the paint right off.
Been thinking about trying that blackboard-chalkboard paint as maybe a little more durable, I guess the Velcro would stick to it OK.

My board is heavy fully loaded but it can be carried, if I was gigging again I get one of my mates to help carry it. No sense feeling like you worked out setting up your gear. Amp and cab wheels used to be the loves of my life. That board is a coffin carry at times. I am not playing out these days so I can afford to do anything I want with it, a bit of freedom.

The 3/4" is not really 3/4" but super strong. You can stand on my tilted boards.
Making my own boards has been one of the best DIY things I have done next to making my own cables. Saves me soooooooo much money.
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Why? Your in the pedalboard forum when tone is controlled by your feet lol
I think it means little without a good basic amp sound. I think of my board as just favors of icing on a good cake.
Old 9th August 2013
Here for the gear

Board for my 1975 Rhodes 73 stage piano. The Phase 90 is handwired reissue.
Old 9th August 2013
Lives for gear
Nice. Who makes that twin tube pedal? Easy to make out the Strymon's. What is that other purple pedal?

That'a a fast phase sort of a tremolo effect I imagine.
Old 9th August 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Nice. Who makes that twin tube pedal? Easy to make out the Strymon's. What is that other purple pedal?

It's actually just one tube. Fuchs Valve Job overdrive, it's perfect with my Twin Reverb. The purple pedal is the WMD Super Fatman Envelope filter. The Jack Rabbit Tremolo honestly is really versatile (I'm not great with technical terms here) can go from fast and choppy to smooth and slow and still sound great. I'd say it's pretty similar to the Diamond Tremolo.
Old 11th August 2013
Lives for gear
Where on earth did you find that drive??
Cool pedals. Love a good filter pedal, anything that does something weird to the tone once in a while.
Old 11th August 2013
Lives for gear
Finally got my board wired up, been recording the 2nd album, but that's all done and off to get mastered now, so it's rehearsal time, which also means getting the board wired up properly!

The EFXIII+ has 8 loops, which can be split 1-4 in front of the amp and 1-8 in the fx loop if you want.

It's set up like this:-

Loop 1 : Strymon Mobius (PRE)
Loop 2 : TC Nova Drive
Loop 3 : Wampler Leviathan Fuzz
Loop 4 : N/A

Loop 5 : Strymon Mobius (POST)
Loop 6 : Strymon Timeline
Loop 7 : N/A
Loop 8 : CAE/MXR MC401 Boost

Midi goes :-
EFX -> Timeline (CH1) -> Mobius (CH2) -> Nova Drive (CH3)

Korg Pitch Black is into dedicated Tuner out on the EFX which gets activated with MUTE function.

It's wired with a combination of Lava solderless kit and Planet Waves solderless kit. Planet Waves is pretty decent - much easier that the Lava which I found fiddly, and more hassle than actually soldering!

EFX, Strymons and Nova Drive are powered by a Pedal Power Digital underneath a Pedal Train One, Pitch Black, Fuzz and Boost are powered by a Rocktron DC On-Tap.

It's not not finished yet, waiting for a 4 input patchbay from here:-
4-Way Pedalboard Patchbay Patcher (no decals) - Loop-Master Pedals

I will wire up this patchbay to the four in/out connections on the EFX - there;s not much space once wired up to get the guitar / amp cables attached, this will sort it out; kind of a home made interface box - Guitar In, Amp Out, plus 2 for amp FX loop.

We are going to be jamming in town for a while, so I won't be using my own amp for a few weeks, I'm hopeful with the patchbay and presets (60 banks of 4!) on the EFX that I will be able to have a board that will work with my own amp (Blackstar HT-60) and also any other amps if I can't get access to my own amp (to much hassle to lug to other rehearsal places).

Chucked a couple of picks of my new ESP Eclipse II as well - got it a couple of months ago on Ebay for £650!!! Absolutely mint, amazing bargain!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpxnn6w3am.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-php9bb7yfam.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpq6az97am.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpio10lpam.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpi98rdiam.jpg  

Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phplpfambam.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phplcgmszam.jpg  
Old 12th August 2013
I'm a simple man...

Budda Wah -> MI Audio Boost N Buff -> Keeley TS9 -> MI Audio Blues Pro -> Boss DD3 -> Poly Tune (the little one) - all powered by a BBE Supa Charger on a Pedal Train JR.
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

I always try to keep it simple and avoid messing things up on live setups.

TC Polytune
Crybaby from Hell
BB preamp
JHS Angry Charly
TC Vortex
Lovepedal Tremolo
LPB-1 Nano Boost
TC Nova Repeater
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1376533431.480092.jpg  
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear
So do you guys not put your delay or the BBE in the amp loop??
How does that sound right, especially on a gained up amp channel?
Am I missing something?
Old 15th August 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
So do you guys not put your delay or the BBE in the amp loop??
How does that sound right, especially on a gained up amp channel?
Am I missing something?
Majority pedalboard enthusiast are users of clean-ish amps.
I use clean tubes amps that only break up when I hit hard notes on my hottest pickups with my compressor on.

I run it all into the front end of my amp and it sounds great.
I even run a VERY VERY mild distortion pedal after my delay:reverb for that gainy modulation sound. It's very post-rock/ambient
Old 15th August 2013
Gear Nut

I don't use much, Still rocking the old ART ECC processor though lol, Run it in the loop of old Crate stealth for the flanger/chorus/delay/reverb I blew up the output transformer running it accidentally with no load not realizing it for a not a good period of time haha. removed those diodes in the signal path/gainstage a few of the transistors as well, put a plexi output tranny in, recapped it all with CDE stuff, dumped the WIMA MKS coupling caps, put in OD 715s/Mallory 150s, Bridge/Rec diodes got blown as well, Replaced them with ultrafast/FREDS, and run it with GE preamps or Blackburn I61s or MC1s lol, old Sylvania 6v6s or pair 6l6 Sylvania 387s OR pair Tesla Brown base El34s lol, then just boost/Layer 2 TS9s up front Ibanez JS1000 dumped the FRED in the bridge put in the DD It rips my ****ing head off every-time haha
Old 17th August 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:

Prymaxe Vintage by the way has the Fuchs tube drive. Does not seem to be a high plate voltage tube circuit. They make great amps.
Old 17th August 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Majority pedalboard enthusiast are users of clean-ish amps.
I use clean tubes amps that only break up when I hit hard notes on my hottest pickups with my compressor on.

I run it all into the front end of my amp and it sounds great.
I even run a VERY VERY mild distortion pedal after my delay:reverb for that gainy modulation sound. It's very post-rock/ambient
If it works it works. True about cleaner amps. Seems like all the emphasis these days is on low wattage distortion amps or uber gain heads. I personally prefer a nice cleaner channel. The BBE is a phase correction device not really an effect per se' does its best as designed right before the power amp. I love them myself, mine stays on as a given.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search