The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 9th June 2013
Lives for gear
Doesn't Trem before dirt sort of do what a Vibe does before dirt without the phaser element in the tone?
It would seem a Trem was originally designed to be after the preamp stage before the power amp. I am sure it works before dirt as well. Trems were popular back in more an era of clean amps so using them with gained up tones is a different animal.

The difference is the rule of dominant effect, that which comes after is more dominant. The Distorted tone will hold more level when Trem is used before when after the distortion tone will cut in and out which may or may not be desirable.

My views on modulation have changed in the last years.
I started using my Phaser pre any OD or gain pedal and the Vibe is before. The distorted tone seems to be bolder and less electronic sounding. And I used to to use all modulation after everything often in the loop. I suspect a Trem is likewise versatile.
Old 11th June 2013
Here for the gear

Got rid of my SS fender for another delay in a trade, and I inherited this guy in another trade

This guy is PERFECT for my stereo rig.
Crank it to 11 o'clock, and its perfect with my deville, though I sometimes wish my 4x10 deville was smaller like a blues jr or a blues deluxe
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1370985176.677777.jpg  
Old 12th June 2013
New revision..... added the Mobius aqnd put it next to its brother on top...
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-rsz_2013-06-12_000900.jpg  
Old 12th June 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
New revision..... added the Mobius aqnd put it next to its brother on top...
Ill take it !
Old 12th June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
Ill take it !
lol tnx...

nice Epi amp by the way...
Old 12th June 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
lol tnx...

nice Epi amp by the way...
The Epi will be awesome for my purposes. I think that I might convert my Fender Deville to a 1x12 and store the factory baffle, as its far too heavy as it stands now. That way I don't ruin the amp and I can play stereo practically
Old 14th June 2013
Here for the gear

Check out the pedal board - parallel loops! - Badger Schism!

Currently upgrading my patch cables with Lava Ultramafic Cable and Lava Solder Mini Plugs.

Everything is plugged into one voodoo PP2+. I am using splitters on the power supply to expand the power outputs. No noise issues. All pedals are analog so they draw minimal power, except the ditto looper which is obviously digital when looping (true bypass when off).

Order:

1. Tuner

2. Compressor

3. G2 clone

4. Mosquito (blender/parallel loop)
-------in the loop: J6 Overdrive (custom) -> Fuzz Box (custom)

5. Badger Schism (2 ch parallel effects loop)
-------ch1: Carbon Copy -> Phase 90
-------ch2: D' Lay (custom) -> MXR Stereo Chorus

6. TC Spark (Boost)

7. TC Ditto (looper)

8. Custom Boost (on 24/7 as a "tone cleaner")
Old 22nd June 2013
Here for the gear

Played my first stereo gig last night. Had the amps mic'd hard left and hard right,
My stereo effects were
TC elec. Nova Delay mono in>stereo out
Line 6 M5 full stereo in octo reverb mode mostly
And my Boss rv-5 in modulate mode.

Sounded HUGE !!

Imagine double tracked studio guitar sound but live
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1371934532.119514.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1371934545.795376.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1371934567.745015.jpg  
Old 23rd June 2013
Here for the gear

Home made pedal board v1.0

Made from packaging mdf that came with wife's clothes dryer.

Total cost: 3$ (1 can of black spray paint).

All assembly was made with the tools I already had in the shed.

Signal chain:

Cry Baby => Phase 90 clone => Mxr comp => Suhr Riot clone => Tim => Russian Big Muff => Analogue Chorus => Egnater Rebel 30

Effects loop with Line 6 DL4.

All powered by the Joyo pedal power brick (amazing price/quality), with the exception of the DL4 (AC).
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imag0366_burst002_small.jpg  
Old 24th June 2013
Lives for gear

My studio rig (gigging version is way stripped down). This is really 3 amps worth of pedals on one board, designed to do a broad range of tones, experiments and some stereo stuff.

Live rig consists of the Renegade, wah, OD/boost and one delay. Sure, I can do with just the Renegade (and have). Could do with the just the Rebel 20 when you get right down to it (my guitars are wired to stay bright as the volume knob is turned down for a cleaner tone). Been playing 28 years and having pedals is sort of a new development for me (except the wah).
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-studiopedals.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-studiorig.jpg  
Old 25th June 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post

Hey darkhorse, I've been eying the Deja-vibe for a while. How's it working for you? I'm considering the new version with the smaller expression pedal.
Old 25th June 2013
Here for the gear

my ridiculous pedal board

This started off being just a plain old board and morphed into this. But it works well and I have fun with it. Of course there will be modifications over time to the signal flow, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-070.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-071.jpg  
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear
[QUOTE=Hey darkhorse, I've been eying the Deja-vibe for a while. How's it working for you? I'm considering the new version with the smaller expression pedal.[/QUOTE]

I dig it myself. There are probably better ones and I am no Fulltone fanatic but he hit that one dead on. Fuller goes to a lot of effort to recreated the real photo cell circuit inside a mirrored box, he has his own photo cells made. Sounds like the old original but stronger and without the noise or signal loss.

Does the deal. There are some other great ones. The Mojo Vibe, Prescription Electronics, DLS are cool. The Deja does it for me and it is the one Trower chooses to play and that is the tone I love to mess with using it. By the way, into overdrive or gains sounds the best. A vibe into a dirty amp is a touch of heaven.
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
I dig it myself. There are probably better ones and I am no Fulltone fanatic but he hit that one dead on. Fuller goes to a lot of effort to recreated the real photo cell circuit inside a mirrored box, he has his own photo cells made. Sounds like the old original but stronger and without the noise or signal loss.

Does the deal. There are some other great ones. The Mojo Vibe, Prescription Electronics, DLS are cool. The Deja does it for me and it is the one Trower chooses to play and that is the tone I love to mess with using it. By the way, into overdrive or gains sounds the best. A vibe into a dirty amp is a touch of heaven.
That vibe sound is so recognizable to me but so sweet ....wish I had just a collection of vibes and amps ...that would be perfect...oh and a strat..
Old 26th June 2013
Lives for gear
The neck position on the Strat is rather iconic like the mid position on a Les Paul.
I've always played various Strats as I cut my teeth on Trower, he probably inspired me to play guitar at that time more than anyone. After seeing Blackmore and Clapton then Jeff Beck I was pretty much sold on the Strat, Of course Pagey always made the LP cool but I could never afford one and Strat copies were everywhere at the time. A lot of cool tunes Pagey did were on that Tel with the White/Parsons B string bender. In the Evening was a Strat.
A Vibe unit into an overdrive, gain or dirty amp channel is just a wonderous tone, warbles into feedback, sort of like a tremolo pedal with a phaser kick.
Not good for everything but a special tone.
Old 30th June 2013
Here for the gear

Here's my rig. Fender SF Twin with JBL D120F's

Old 30th June 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakey1 View Post

Sweet twin man !!
My amp guy Gary Donovan had the same one with the JBL's in it.
He rebuilt it from the ground up
Old 30th June 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
Sweet twin man !!
My amp guy Gary Donovan had the same one with the JBL's in it.
He rebuilt it from the ground up
I take it he was a bodybuilder too? Heaviest darn amp know to mankind!!
Old 30th June 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:

Hey is that the spb 100 pedal board..damn ive been want one.

sent from my tardis
Old 30th June 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by purps View Post
Hey is that the spb 100 pedal board..damn ive been want one.

sent from my tardis
Yeah- SKB. It's been totally butchered. I removed all of the jacks, and also the actual surface and replaced with some hex board off an old flight case. But it's such a useful compact board.
Old 1st July 2013
Lives for gear
Like the fact that you have a roadcase with real-sized wheels on it vs. typical amp casters that want to tip the amp over when trying to cross a mic cable... nice Cornish pedals as well.
Old 1st July 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedorama View Post
Like the fact that you have a roadcase with real-sized wheels on it vs. typical amp casters that want to tip the amp over when trying to cross a mic cable... nice Cornish pedals as well.
It's essential! I play out a lot and that old twin weighs as much as the moon as it has the old JBL D120F's in it. It used to fall over on the old castors if you wheeled it. There's a small crack in the cabinet of it too, so it stays cased.

Cornish pedals- All of the pedals are crystal clear, and have a marked positive effect on the rest of the chain (which is pretty simple, save for the delay is parallel mixed and blended back into signal chain). There are only 5 FX Pedals on that board, + the rack unit. It's very simple.

Where Cornish pedals are amazing is in the separation, even under huge distortion.

There's a lot of rubbish talked about his stuff. The dirt pedals are the best around, miles ahead of anything else IMO, but on the other hand I believe some of the other stuff is not as good- the TES Delay and Stereo Chorus have strong competition at 1/4 of the price, and I prefer the MXR rack delay over the TES. (incidentally, so does Gilmour!). I am selling my Chorus pedal as I simply cannot justify a pedal worth as much that does only chorus- which I rarely use.
Old 1st July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's essential! I play out a lot and that old twin weighs as much as the moon. It used to fall over on the old castors if you wheeled it. There's a small crack in the cabinet of it too, so it stays cased.

Cornish pedals- All of the pedals are crystal clear, and have a marked positive effect on the rest of the chain (which is pretty simple, save for the delay is parallel mixed and blended back into signal chain). There are only 5 FX Pedals on that board, + the rack unit. It's very simple.

Where Cornish pedals are amazing is in the separation, even under huge distortion.

There's a lot of rubbish talked about his stuff. The dirt pedals are the best around, miles ahead of anything else IMO, but on the other hand I believe some of the other stuff is not as good- the TES Delay and Stereo Chorus have strong competition at 1/4 of the price, and I prefer the MXR rack delay over the TES. (incidentally, so does Gilmour!). I am selling my Chorus pedal as I simply cannot justify a pedal worth as much that does only chorus- which I rarely use.

Nice amp for sure
Old 2nd July 2013
Gear Head

There you go:

Old 2nd July 2013
Engagement Manager

These are some of the pedals in the studio at the moment
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedals.jpg  
Old 3rd July 2013
Here for the gear

I think Cornish has something goin for him in the unattainability factor. His pedals are far too expensive for what you get. I can buy a hand wired guitar head from a guy here in town that builds custom amps for the 400-600$ his pedals cost.
They also consume far too much real estate.
Maybe in the bed room you can hear the difference, but I have seen guys using Cornish pedals and other guys on the same stage using a unmodded TS9. As the sound guy, I felt the TS9 sounded clearer and thicker.
Obviously the Cornish was a heavier gain pedal, and it was probably just my preference as I am a guitarist, and sound guy, and rather biased.

I just do not see any pedal outside strymon pedals being worth what people are charging for them.
Most dirt pedals that are not tube should be priced in the 150$ or less range, and they'd still be making plenty of profit
Old 6th July 2013
Gear Maniac

An example of complete minimalism.
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-20130701_150624.jpg  
Old 14th July 2013
Here for the gear

Nothing fancy.Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1373840058.695426.jpg
Old 16th July 2013
Here for the gear
Behringer delay has been replaced with a DD-3. Distortion modeler will give way to a Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver soon.. The plain box pedal is a Tremulus Lune.

I really should have more of my own built pedals on there... some of those can be seen here: $uperpuma
Old 16th July 2013
Here for the gear

OK- only a few weeks later, but here is the finished article. Thanks to Swanflight for casing the SKB too.

The chain is:

Guit>LD3>EB6167Vol>Comp>ST2>G2>SS3>CC1>Lazy J>Orbital Mod>Schsim into MXR> out into amps.

The rational is to shape the core signal from the ST2, so always the right tone going INTO the dirt. Then all the dirt noise comes from the Cornish, pretty much always stacking into the CC1 for final tone, then the Lazy J adds harmonics and grit.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search