The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Guitars for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timwaldvogel View Post
Good luck, without wood or a metal shop it probably won't amount anything too sturdy.
I don't have to buy wood, I'm sure I can find it, maybe I already have some wood that I don't need, and I have a lot of tools. And I don't actually need pedalboard, I just want to make it to have my pedals on it all the time, so I don't have to keep pedals in a warderobe. And it also looks cooler to me to have a pedalboard than to just throw pedals on the floor.
If I do it, I'll put some pictures here so you'll see.
Old 17th March 2013
Here for the gear

Darkhorse I know you always seem to mention looking into the Carl Martin Octaswitch-er. Have you (OR ANYONE else?) heard of the programmable switchers that Joyo or Vitoos have release for under 200$
Old 17th March 2013
Here for the gear

I am interested in getting one because I am always trying to layer 5 pedals at once
Old 18th March 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Darkhorse I know you always seem to mention looking into the Carl Martin Octaswitch-er. Have you (OR ANYONE else?) heard of the programmable switchers that Joyo or Vitoos have release for under 200$
Never could swing the bucks and after really looking into the CM it just did not seem to offer me much, since I do not care to use variant combinations of various loops per switch it was really only taking pedals out of line.
I can do the same with some Radial bypass switchers and less bucks.
Radial really makes some great products.

Thanks for the heads up on the others problem for me there is my vendor does not carry them and it is budget nightmare for me to try and buy piece by piece. I am lucky my wife indulges my obsession as it is. Got to swing her a pair of shoes this month to passify the gods.

Since my amp is starting to need refurbished somewhat, I am looking at a new design for my rig. I have some new ideas worked out that will be radical and different but should serve me maintenance free for quite a long time to come. Once I get everything in later this month I will repic the whole rig, pretty excited about it, the range of options and possibilities is infinite.

Despite having a ton of pedals the artful use of high end buffers, bypass pedals, really good cables, and attention to power supplies and ground loop nulls. My chain is totally quiet and my signal loss is negligible. I was messing with pedal order experiments after removing everything seeing how to readjust some stuff and what works best in front of what. what was interesting was the slight hiss or hum way down that some pedals manifested. Plug in that Radial PB1 high end buffer and instant clarity no noise, what a great pedal. I seldom use the boost but the buffer is an always on treatment for the board.

I pulled everything off the board, mapping my probably last gear update for some time, so I repainted and redid the board for looks. My constant pedal moving and reordering pulled off some paint&some wood, was looking a little battle worn.

I made a mistake in the board descriptor above, actually the only cut piece I used was an 8" slice I had cut off the width at Lowe's that I used for my 2nd level riser, there is no back lifter plate like my other boards. I used precut 2x2 pieces on the bottom to get the slant and bracing. So I made this board, w no wood cutting at home, used some scrap pieces I had for the level risers. Best board I have ever had; 4' length, bottom plate 11" w some room under the shelf for cables or whatnot. Upper level is 4'x8". I love this DIY thing I have not gotten to the point of trying to build my own pedal but basic guitar wiring, cables and making boards has saved me a fortune.
Old 19th March 2013
Here for the gear

This is what the signal chain of my new pedalboard setup will look like very soon. Hopefully this next week, but ill still be waiting for my custom GGS Squiddy Chorus

Input GGS router box with klon buffer> input behringer nr100 noise reducer> send noise reducer>wah pedal> INPUT BYPASS LOOPER> Loop1: tuner mute/ Boss TU-3> loop:2 compressor> loop:3 lovepedal amp11 > fulldrive 2> VS open road> Loop 4: boss trem TR2> Loop 5: GGS squiddy chorus> OUTPUT bypass looper> return noise reducer> noise reducer output> Ernieball volume pedal> sonic stomp> Nova delay> line 6 m5> input 2 channel bypass looper> loop 1: Boss rv5> Loop 2: yamaha r100 reverb unit mounted under board >return pedal chain to router box> out to amp
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear
Looks like a well thought out rig.
I have 2 more pedals I am working on to complete my setup.
A new Whammy V and I've been wanting a Fulltone RTO drive for some time just to see what I can get out of it. I am done after that for a period.
I so dig that package arrival thing, like a kid at Xmas, got quite a few on the way later this week.
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Do any of you guys have an opinion on the Harley Benton FXL8 way looper?

Harley Benton FXL8 - Thomann UK Cyberstore
Old 19th March 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristol_Jonesey View Post
Do any of you guys have an opinion on the Harley Benton FXL8 way looper?

Harley Benton FXL8 - Thomann UK Cyberstore
Looks like a identical copy of these.
I would stay away if it costs more, because it is more than likely just rebranded. These are good, but the Vitoo's gets my vote.
The style of input jacks appears to be panel mounted, or at least appears a if it would stress the PCB less.
Gotta take these factors into consideration. Even workhorse-well -made pedals have the PCB mounted jacks get messed up at times

VITOOS VLP8 PROGRAMABLE LOOPER/EFFECTS CONTROL STATION INSTANTLY RECALL PRESETS

http://bit.ly/YoDYUb

Wave-x Joyo PXL8 PXL-8 Switcher Effects Loop Selecter System Purple *US Dealer*

http://bit.ly/12Av8u7
Old 19th March 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks.
Old 20th March 2013
Here for the gear

I am having the pedalboard woes guys. I am thinking about building my own, but I really want one with a hard case for a change. I could possible build my own with a detachable lid as well.

So the question is whether any of you know of a large pedalboard bigger than 32"x16" I can depend on?
Old 21st March 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
I am having the pedalboard woes guys. I am thinking about building my own, but I really want one with a hard case for a change. I could possible build my own with a detachable lid as well.

So the question is whether any of you know of a large pedalboard bigger than 32"x16" I can depend on?
Beats me, I build my own, no carry lid and case but one could be built, be a heavy ass coffin to be sure. My board is a 2 level 4'x11"" w an 8" upper level. It's slanted and you can stand on it so strong. Cost me like $25 bucks in wood and I did not have to cut anything at home. Custom flight case pedalboards get into some serious bucks, not to mention a nice target for theft.
Old 21st March 2013
Here for the gear

Hardwire Tuner - Dimmed Light Devices Odysseus Fuzz - Way Huge Supa Puss - Digitech Jam Man
Old 21st March 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Beats me, I build my own, no carry lid and case but one could be built, be a heavy ass coffin to be sure. My board is a 2 level 4'x11"" w an 8" upper level. It's slanted and you can stand on it so strong. Cost me like $25 bucks in wood and I did not have to cut anything at home. Custom flight case pedalboards get into some serious bucks, not to mention a nice target for theft.
I am not too worried about the theft aspect. I think someone would rather steal a pedal that's out in the open than an item in a case that is unidentified until they open it.

I am pretty sure mine will be close to a 1/4" sheet of plywood, with some depth shaved off. I only want it 18" deep at max I believe. I am gonna do a design similar to the one below, but with 3-4 lift able sections.
I will be using half rack mount items that can be concealed underneath along with the power supply, and switched on bypass loops. I will have handles on the board to move it around, an the board will be mounted to a board that will be the base and mount flush with the lid.
I do the simple lid method where all sides attached via a latch or two. And it'll just pull off.
Ill sand the edges and hopefully spray the case with spray on bed liner to make it rough and tough.
Throw some metal corners and BLAM done

This is my inspiration for the liftable sections and size lol
Old 22nd March 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
I am not too worried about the theft aspect. I think someone would rather steal a pedal that's out in the open than an item in a case that is unidentified until they open it.

I am pretty sure mine will be close to a 1/4" sheet of plywood, with some depth shaved off. I only want it 18" deep at max I believe. I am gonna do a design similar to the one below, but with 3-4 lift able sections.
I will be using half rack mount items that can be concealed underneath along with the power supply, and switched on bypass loops. I will have handles on the board to move it around, an the board will be mounted to a board that will be the base and mount flush with the lid.
I do the simple lid method where all sides attached via a latch or two. And it'll just pull off.
Ill sand the edges and hopefully spray the case with spray on bed liner to make it rough and tough.
Throw some metal corners and BLAM done

This is my inspiration for the liftable sections and size lol
Was just thinking most theft is easy grap and carry, most probably have no idea what they are ripping as they will probably sell it.
Old 25th March 2013
Here for the gear

PT-2
Old 1st April 2013
Lives for gear
Got some new gear on their way to me soon, going to be completely revamping my pedal board around this baby:-

Musicomlab EFX MKIII Effects Controller

Got a Strymon Mobius on order too to go along with my Timeline

New set up will be as follows:-

Will have my 1978 MXR Distortion in loop 1 and the CAE/MXR clean boost in loop 8 of the EFX - this clean boost works great as the last pedal in the fx loop, gets a nice clean volume boost from both my Blackstar and AC30.

Both the Timeline and Mobius will be controlled via MIDI from the EFX, and so will by Blackstar Stage 60, using a little adapter box from here:-http://www.archangelelectronics.com/

All fully programmable, so no more tap-dancing, can't wait to get it all setup!

This will still leave me 6 loops free on the EFX so plenty of room for some more colors of drive etc...

Had been looking at the Sonuus Wahoo pedal too, but the Mobius won out for now.
Old 1st April 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
Got some new gear on their way to me soon, going to be completely revamping my pedal board around this baby:-

Musicomlab EFX MKIII Effects Controller

Got a Strymon Mobius on order too to go along with my Timeline

New set up will be as follows:-

Will have my 1978 MXR Distortion in loop 1 and the CAE/MXR clean boost in loop 8 of the EFX - this clean boost works great as the last pedal in the fx loop, gets a nice clean volume boost from both my Blackstar and AC30.

Both the Timeline and Mobius will be controlled via MIDI from the EFX, and so will by Blackstar Stage 60, using a little adapter box from here:-http://www.archangelelectronics.com/

All fully programmable, so no more tap-dancing, can't wait to get it all setup!

This will still leave me 6 loops free on the EFX so plenty of room for some more colors of drive etc...

Had been looking at the Sonuus Wahoo pedal too, but the Mobius won out for now.
That is one heck of a setup. I am drooling for a timeline,
But I can't have a whole midi switching system just yet. My m5 has midi capabilities, and so does my yamaha r100, but the musicom lab switcher is ridiculously expensive
I was shocked by the price point because the common occurrence of midi switching systems today
Old 1st April 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
That is one heck of a setup. I am drooling for a timeline,
But I can't have a whole midi switching system just yet. My m5 has midi capabilities, and so does my yamaha r100, but the musicom lab switcher is ridiculously expensive
I was shocked by the price point because the common occurrence of midi switching systems today
To be honest, and i did a LOT of research on this, I think the EFX III+ is actually pretty cheap for what you get, though I admit it was at the upper reaches of my budget:-

8 programmable loops
Programmable expression pedal (my single EV5 will be able to control both my Timeline and Mobius using MIDI cc messages
Support for amp swithing, up to 4 channels
Full MIDI
Quality buffer
2 separate ins and outs 2 support amp FX loop.
LOTS of patch space
Really small footpint

It was actually the cheapest I could find at £450 GBP, others that were cheaper had missing features I needed and the others controllers that did have the features WERE mega-expensive and didn't have the small footprint of the EFX:-
RJM Amp Gizmo and Mastermind - £1500!!!
G-Lab GSC-5 £1000!!!
GigRig Midi 8 (no Expression pedal support like EFX) £700 and MUCH bigger.
Voodoo Labs - Ground Control Pro is almost as much as the EFX III itself and it's massive!!

So for me it's pretty great. No more tap-dancing!
Old 24th May 2013
Gear Head

Thought I'd kick start this thread again as I believe it disappeared

Here's mine:

DOD FX25 B Envelope Filter > Artec Big Dots Tuner > Boss SYB-3 Bass Synth > Jim Dunlop Cry Baby > EH big Muff Pi > Boss TR-2 Tremolo > EH Small Stone > Boss BF-3 Flanger > Boss DD-7 Digital Delay.

Also going to get a H&K Tubeman into the mix when I get the correct power supply, and I also have a Boss SYB-5 Bass Synth. I'm after a chorus as well, hopefully a Boss CE-3 oh and I also need some more right angled patch leads

Old 25th May 2013
Lives for gear
Finally, we're out of the basement sub sub forum.
For godsake people pleeeeeaaaasseeeeee reduce your picture size to "webpage" before you you upload them and post
Only takes one giant picture and we have to scroll across the window to read anything from then on.
Old 25th May 2013
Lives for gear
Posted these before, but they were lost...

Picked up a Strymon Mobius along with a Musicomlab EFX III+ to be the 'brain' to my new board setup.

Really happy with the EFX, does pretty much everything I need it to do, fully programmable, with plenty of presets and midi.

Got custom amp-switching interface for my Blackstar Stage HT-60 from Archangel Electronics - this takes the 4 channels of switching out of the EFX, and interfaces it with the Blackstar footswitch which is a serial port.
Archangel Electronics

Full setup is going to be:-

Guitar -> EFX In A

EFX Loop 1 - Strymon Mobius (for pre-dirt patches) ***
EFX Loop 2 - Nova Drive (with midi control for patch changes)
EFX Loop 3 - Wampler Leviathan Fuzz (not pictured)
EFX Loop 4 - EMPTY

EFX Out A -> Blackstar HT-60

Blackstar HT-60 FX Send -> EFX In B

EFX Loop 5 - Strymon Mobius (for fx loop patches) ***
EFX Loop 6 - Strymon Timeline
EFX Loop 7 - MXR CAE MC301 Line Booster
EFX Loop 8 - EMPTY

EFX Out B -> Blackstar HT-60 FX Return
EFX Tuner Out -> Korg Pitch Black
EFX Expression Pedal Out -> Roland EV5

EFX, Mobius, Timeline and Nova Drive all powered by Pedal Power Digital, the other pedals by a Rocktron DC On Tap which I might replace (it's daisy chain)

*** the Mobius has a really cool feature that allows you to use the Right ins and outs in a mono setup to switch pre/post PER PATCH - this is really nice, as especially chorus, vibe and rotary patches can be VERY different before your dirt pedals as opposed to after in the FX loop; it does use 2 loops of the EFX but is really flexible, and as long as the loops are correctly programmed to match the patches it works a treat.

One minor nitpick with the EFX from a MIDI perspective is due to using all the function switches for amp-switching, I can't program it to change patch AND issue a CC command at the same time (e.g. to bypass the Timeline on a preset). One workaround is to just put the Mobius and Timeline in the EFX loops and program them as normal, and only issue PC midi to pick the correct patch.

The alternative is to operate the Timeline and Mobius outside of the EFX loops, and setup a 'bypass' patch on each (e.g. 127) (which is supported in the latestfirmware), and send midi PC to this patch instead, but I have plenty of loops spare on the EFX, so I'm thinking it's easier just to put them in the loops, but I may change my mind at final setup.

The only other thing that I'm disappointed with in the EFX is that the Expression Pedal operates on a Global Midi channel -it is not stored per preset. This means with a normal setup (e.g. Mobius Channel 1, Timeline Channel 2, Nova Drive Channel 3), the Expression Pedal can only control a single pedal FOR ALL patches (unless you re-program the expression pedal channel in between songs!); this was a bit disappointing to me.

However, one side effect of this is that you CAN do some pretty crazy expression efx with one pedal if all you midi devices are on the same channel; this obviously takes a lot of planning on patches though!!

I had some positively mental things happening by controlling the Nova Distortion and ALL Timeline and Mobius params with one pedal, though I'm not sure how musical they were

For gigging I will either need to plan patches very carefully, or buy another EV5 and just plugging them direct into the Mobius and Timeline respectively (or get a Mission 2 The SP-2 | missionengineering.commissionengineering.com which can control both via one pedal via switching)

All depends on the set list!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpi96oy9am.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpondkgyam.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pushdcc77f38e421.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpmwb4cham.jpg   Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-phpx8mzqmpm.jpg  

Old 26th May 2013
Lives for gear
Nice pedals, considering a wiring clean up??
Old 26th May 2013
Gear Addict

Been messing with my pedalboard a bunch since finally upgrading from my old beater Pedaltrain that I'd had for about 10 years. Really digging this current setup. Normally I have an analog delay on there (either a Maxon AD9 or a Malekko Echo 600 dark), but I let my friend borrow them for the weekend. A Dunlop Q-Zone also usually lives on there, but I haven't stuck him in the mix yet. Still plenty of room to squeeze stuff in
Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-pedalboard.jpg  
Old 26th May 2013
Gear Addict

Empress Buffer+ > ED Warden > Centaur > Catalinbread SFT > Skreddy LMMD > Retro-Sonic Chorus > ED Dispatch Master > Flint

Cables are spaghetti at this point. I'm planning to buy Divine Noise patches sometime soon.
Old 26th May 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Nice pedals, considering a wiring clean up??
The pics from above was just after I got the EFX, so it was a temporary setup, just to try it out.

I never fully wired the board as we are busy recording guitars for the 2nd album right now, so all the pedals are off the board right now. I'll be using both Timeline and Mobius as outboard at mix time too.

Once recording and mixing is done, the board will be getting properly wired up with a Lava Cable set I've got.

Brittle Head Girl
http://brittleheadgirl.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/brittleheadgirl
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bri...46609975396595

My studio build:-
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/photo...struction.html

Last edited by gollumsluvslave; 27th May 2013 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: Sig missing
Old 27th May 2013
Lives for gear
Yeah, I sort of figured that was not a permanent setup. Sort of an obvious sarcasm.

So 2nd album of who?

How is that Leviathan fuzz?
Old 27th May 2013
Lives for gear

Attached Thumbnails
Guitarists - Show me your pedalboard!-imag0510-800x450-.jpg  
Old 27th May 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
So 2nd album of who?
Just noticed that new posts in this new condensed forum are not showing sigs - my band links are in there, kind of take the sig for granted...

Brittle Head Girl
http://brittleheadgirl.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/brittleheadgirl
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bri...46609975396595

EDIT - just done a few test posts and looks like signatures are not being posted on any thread in the new condensed guitar forum, but are fine in the So Much Gear So Little Time forum, so looks like the merge of the forums has caused some issue with signatures - at least for me.

Just a heads up, I'm assuming this must be the same for other people too...
Old 27th May 2013
Lives for gear
Darkhorse
Quote:
How is that Leviathan fuzz?
Had a brief crank of it last night with after setting up our amps for guitar recording thats going to be happening over the next 2 weeks, and it's pretty awesome. I didn't have much time though so not really put it through its paces propely yet.

Will be doing some test recordings over the next few days, so will hopefully get some samples up if anyone is interested.
Old 27th May 2013
Lives for gear

@malaclypse

Nice selection of pedals. What's the orange pedal with the graphic in the bottom right corner?

I'm tempted to get a Pharaoh Fuzz and a TS for my board. How do you like the Pharaoh?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search